• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

One every 25 runs (375 nrg) is the number I've heard. I spent 2-3 days farming one chamber and didn't see anything. Good luck.

Via the vortex? Near-insanely rare.

I believe the running consensus is around ~300-400 EN for 1 random giancryst.

Beaten with compassion by robotuw :)

Thanks guys. That's not so bad for now since I need every type of cryst to stock up, but damn if it won't be annoying when all I need are 2-3 giantcrysts.

creid

Not sure if anyone hasn't done the fire dragon event yet, but I just shared my Marie w/ cura + 100% fire resist + ribbon. I have a few spots if anyone wants to add: 117,897,655

I'm curious how everyone's material slots are at this point in the game. All these extra crysts really filled up the breathing room I had.

I have 180 slots and whenever I TM macro I need to throw a bunch of crap out. What can I do to cut down these material slots? I feel like I rarely use anything at this point but I have stacks of garbage.

Pejo

I'm curious how everyone's material slots are at this point in the game. All these extra crysts really filled up the breathing room I had.

I have 180 slots and whenever I TM macro I need to throw a bunch of crap out. What can I do to cut down these material slots? I feel like I rarely use anything at this point but I have stacks of garbage.

I'm at 150 currently, and have to do the same as you when i start TM farming. I'm also holding on to a lot of shit materials like event equipment stuff from XIV because i can't be assed to actually go through and figure out if i still need to craft anything. I think I still have a ton of the mats for the HP+15%'s that I never crafted due to lack of dragon scales or teeth or something.

Muku

My TM macro just ordered like $700 worth of something from Amazon so that's neat.

Please say you are joking. :( (I have heard of issues with macros and Amazon stuff, but I really hope it didn't happen to you.)

Have to admit, the free time has been a bit nice. The Dunes allowed me to level up quite a few characters on both accounts, even maxing a few on each account. Running ADV EXP right now to continue to at least burn the NRG. Got 5 left I feel like are worth leveling on alt. Nearing end on a couple of those. (Gaffgarion, Santa Rosellia, Cupid Luna, and a couple of others... just finished up an Agrias finally.) Main has a mini list of shit still to get through, including some story characters. But powering them down.

Thinking about it, tonight when I get from home from work I need to burn NRG before maint. Then on my alt I need to hit up Mog King and buy all 100 Cactaur. And pray that tomorrows daily yields something worth a shit. Today had Ulrich (again) and then my ticket was I can't remember but something shitty. Main dail was Trey and used ticket from today for giggles and got Anzelm. Some of the shittiest pulls. Husband got Galuf. The new shadow (TM).

Whew, glad that worked out. Time to not use that macro anymore. :x

I actually don't think the macro had much to do with it, Nox must have crashed the app and one of the Amazon store apps must have been right in the spot it would have been clicked and then shopping spree. I just moved FFBE to its own page on nox so it should just sit there and do nothing if it happens again. I assume since I was playing MWR, streaming nextflix and my oldest son was streaming Mickey that it slowed everything down and fucked Nox up lol.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got Excalibur - Noctis is at 790 atk. Now running 4 Chiz and a Gilgamesh so he can leap over that 800 mark like a champ.

My TM macro just ordered like $700 worth of something from Amazon so that's neat.

This morning my macro decided to go shopping for shoes. lol

Well got ATK+40% on lightning now. Should hopefully help her a bit. I take it from here I need to grind for better weapons on events and stuff? By the way how do you get ATK+20%? I noticed it doesn't have a recipe so is it a drop on a rare boss or something?

Don't feel like one, this happened to many people, myself included.

Huh, I figured it was just due to me overlooking items in general. At least I'm not the only one to do it.

Muku

I actually don't think the macro had much to do with it, Nox must have crashed the app and one of the Amazon store apps must have been right in the spot it would have been clicked and then shopping spree. I just moved FFBE to its own page on nox so it should just sit there and do nothing if it happens again. I assume since I was playing MWR, streaming nextflix and my oldest son was streaming Mickey that it slowed everything down and fucked Nox up lol.

lol whoops

tuffymon

Well got ATK+40% on lightning now. Should hopefully help her a bit. I take it from here I need to grind for better weapons on events and stuff? By the way how do you get ATK+20%? I noticed it doesn't have a recipe so is it a drop on a rare boss or something?

Huh, I figured it was just due to me overlooking items in general. At least I'm not the only one to do it.

I believe the 20% were limited time bundles like 80 bucks or something? You'll have to get the 15% (if the next mog king has one), or get Tm's like Shine for 30% now

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Yeah, events are a good step up for gear and abilities. For another jump, there are the Chamber of the Fallen and Reborn events. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Chamber_of_the_Fallen Beating Gilgamesh with a 5 man team, for example, rewards atk +30%. Finally, the very best stuff is from unlocking Trust Masteries from characters, through feeding them dupes, trust moogles and running stages over and over for a random .1% increase.

I need to level my 3rd Orlandu just so I can go on record for accomplishing a 1 turn trial boss. It should have been a second Trance Terra Gumi, god damn you to hell for this!

Kouriozan

Dunno if someone already told you, but there is 3 "hidden" trial in the farplane which give good equips for new players.

I feel like even dailies have gotten worse. The Galuf's are in full force and getting some bottom of the barrel shit. Want banner units? Oh those don't exist anymore. Here's an Anzelm. WTF?

I got a chiz no 2 today and fed her to my main one. Could of been worse.

Thanks for the tips guys. Guess I'll be looking to grind the chamber of the fallen bosses soon then. Though I really need to awaken the rest of team first. Hopefully the event with the fish comes back soon since I don't seem to be getting far finding them so far. If not I'll have to start grinding events via wiki help lol

I'd totally forgotten about those events in the farplane too. They were locked out to me last time I checked in there but I suppose some may be open now.

Chizzy is far from a troll unit, and one of the better Tm's for awhile... Then again, maybe your setup doesn't use katanas...

Oh, my Chiz is my main attacker. But chances are she will be the only one using katanas of the group. Gave Firion Thorned Mace and loving the Man Eater buff.

Just feeling a bit more lucky as my two draws today got two yellows.

tuffymon

Oh, my Chiz is my main attacker. But chances are she will be the only one using katanas of the group. Gave Firion Thorned Mace and loving the Man Eater buff.

Just feeling a bit more lucky as my two draws today got two yellows.

Ouch... dual wielding Firion with your Thorned Mace, and a katana would have been a large bump (and blade mastery)

Ouch... dual wielding Firion with your Thorned Mace, and a katana would have been a large bump (and blade mastery)

It's gonna be a while before I work on blade mastery. Almost to my first dual wielding TM, and working on Excalibur/Save the Queen as well as Quick Assault and Ribbon. The 5% puts my Chiz at 21.1, so by playing her normally it should get to 30% before I start focusing on it.

Though have to say, a 50% increase does sound nice. Somehow need to beat Gilgamish first though. Then I'll focus on that one, I really only have one good katana atm.

Also just got a second Setzer so guess I'm grinding his TM as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- shin i am so freaking happy for you, and happy for me because that means everyone's luck turns around sometime!

-- finished bracer #3 today, meaning my Yun is that much closer to topped off. Black Cowl #2, Keiser Knuckles #2, bracer #4, and Quick Assault #3 (my last available Shine!) on the way.

-- meanwhile i am finally able to start planning for DPS units I don't have yet, meaning i'm farming Dual Wield #3. Right now that means I'm going to max out Chizuru and / or Mercedes. But now I can really start prepping things I've never needed -- DoubleHand, Lordly Robes, Save The Queen, Omnirod, Minerva Bustier / Equip H Shield, Maximillian, Excalibur #2, Sakurafubuki #2, and on and on.

-- with two nearly TM-complete (at least with what i have available) Noctis and Yun units on the horizon, I'm actually getting kinda excited to start equipping out my bench. I mean, until I land that next big rainbow, if ever.

gaf giveth, gaf taketh..
got 5 additional friend slots..
now i'm not an hardcore, but i have a 838 olive with my lead (in 10 days i should finish another round of tm, and i should breach the 900), plus my boy ramza (and a few others, like emperor, dark fina, etc) that will most likely be my friend companion once the enhancements are out...

feel free to add me :)

:)

Oh I got two more questions. First the drops from shadow of the fallen events, stuff like the weapons and atk+30%, are they one time drops or can be farmed?

Second. Did... did I just fight Ariana Grande?

Oh I got two more questions. First the drops from shadow of the fallen events, stuff like the weapons and atk+30%, are they one time drops or can be farmed?

Second. Did... did I just fight Ariana Grande?

Just one time.

And yes, yes you did.

Hm. Three ticket summons, Hope, Setzer, and another Chiz. Guess I'm grinding that TM after all.

Let's keep this ball rolling.

With the last three, two blues and then Mercedes number 2.

I'll hold onto my 4* ticket for now.

Celegus

Speaking from experience prior to last weekend, not everyone has a snow lol.

Good reason! He feels like the Bedile of 4*s to me at this point. Though we're probably all missing one or two 4*s that everyone else is sick of, I'd love a WoL already!

Kouriozan

I have 2 Snow but still hasn't worked on my second belt.
Yesterday I switch a Deathbringer (120 ATK) without L.Sword Mastery for a Winged Saint (56 ATK / 44 DEF) on Firion and with only one belt it give almost the same ATK, was surprised by this and my second Snow will join my TM team once my 3rd Dual Wield is complete (99.1%)

I also have 2 Xiao but too lazy to get her TM >.<

across

-- meanwhile i am finally able to start planning for DPS units I don't have yet, meaning i'm farming Dual Wield #3. Right now that means I'm going to max out Chizuru and / or Mercedes. But now I can really start prepping things I've never needed -- DoubleHand, Lordly Robes, Save The Queen, Omnirod, Minerva Bustier / Equip H Shield, Maximillian, Excalibur #2, Sakurafubuki #2, and on and on.

The units you can TM are dependent on what you have available, of course, but I'd counsel against some of these unless they're literally all you've got. Doublehand is not relevant on any unit currently in the game except for Olive, Lordly Robes are essentially depreciated for anyone who picked up both the Dark Espers robe and the Kefka robe, Maximillian was honestly never worth the effort even at the start of the game, and a second Sakurafubuki is kind of an iffy proposition unless you've already farmed a third Blade Mastery (since you probably have Genji Blade as well). Omnirod is a decent upgrade but maybe sit tight and see what you pull out of the upcoming banner since Zyrus' TM is better. Other stuff is fine.

Instead I'd suggest looking at other offensive TMs (Vanille's Magistral Crest if you're looking to gear a caster, for example) but also more meaningful defensive stuff like Elle's TM, or Guy's. If you don't have any status immunity stuff, consider at least a copy or two of Kefka and/or Seven/Tilith. Jack's TM should be coming in handy soonish with meaningful LBs on the horizon.

Celegus

Yeah my Lordly Robes are a pile of garbage, never use 'em. Same with Sakurafubuki. Not gonna get a Save the Queen because the newest vault clear is a basically equivalent weapon.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Well shit. My thinking was 'well I have a Chizuru and a Mercedes, I guess?' But maybe I should take another look at what I have available. Knowing that Noctis and Yun are my best units -- what are those good 2nd tier TMs I should be working on exactly?

I know I need a couple ribbons, for one. And I have like 5 banked Kefkas, so that's something.

Shouta

Lordly Robes are pretty nice to have but not worth TM farming. They're a good for a fight like the Icebird where it starts off with the enemy's attack. It wouldn't be good as the Minerva Bustier or the Rainbow Robe (because of the Ice and Wind) resist but it's better than any other choice of Robe.

Rixa

Bracer for Yun? Why not Champion Belt?

Speaking from experience prior to last weekend, not everyone has a snow lol.

Yup, other than the most recent two 4* (Setzer and Soze) Snow is the only one I don't have yet. Maybe I just have back luck with units that start with 'S'.

I have 2 Snow but still hasn't worked on my second belt.
Yesterday I switch a Deathbringer (120 ATK) without L.Sword Mastery for a Winged Saint (56 ATK / 44 DEF) on Firion and with only one belt it give almost the same ATK, was surprised by this and my second Snow will join my TM team once my 3rd Dual Wield is complete (99.1%)

I also have 2 Xiao but too lazy to get her TM >.<

Yeah, never could land a Snow. :|

If I only could donate few Snows. My count for Snows is somewhere 14, one was Rainbow pull too...

Evenin all.

Just got a Black Giancryst in gem chamber.

Also I wish it was new event time.

I got 2nd Guard Giancryst, well luckily WoL uses them,

GUMI WHERE THE FUCK IS WOL 6*????????????????!"#%"¤%&%"#%"%

Chilly, please come back

across

Lordly Robes are pretty nice to have but not worth TM farming. They're a good for a fight like the Icebird where it starts off with the enemy's attack. It wouldn't be good as the Minerva Bustier or the Rainbow Robe (because of the Ice and Wind) resist but it's better than any other choice of Robe.

Right, this is an important distinction. Worth actively grinding vs. nice to have if you accumulate it naturally from pulls or whatever. Lordly Robe is an offensive upgrade from Great Mage's Robe (and a defensive one on any fight where the enemy gets first action, like Shouta mentions) but it's... 5 MAG.

It's kind of the same for Omnirod. It's a 19 MAG jump over the Wizard Rod. That's not meaningless but is it worth actively grinding? If you're only putting it on one mage who isn't dual-wielding, I'd say it's a little iffy. If that mage is dual-wielding then it's probably replacing Lilith Rod at best, and suddenly it's a 31 MAG jump.

Point is just to pay attention to what you're actually getting out of TMs.

Rixa

Well. Its "fairly" easy to get Siren's Robe. So I don't know is there any point at grinding for Lordly Robe.

With SR you lose some DEF but gain SPR & MAG & Sleep Silence immunity.

Lyrian

TFW you sent up Nox for the night, double lapis refill, and then the server goes down for maintentance literally 30 seconds later.

Goddammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom