• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Orlandu Enhancements announced for 3/10 in JP:

黒獅子の紋章 Black Lion Emblem

+100% Blind/Sleep/Paralyze Resist & +40% ATK when equipped with Greatsword

+1: HP Up
+2: Atk Up when equipped with Swords or Katanas

聖光爆裂破 Holy Explosion

200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

+1: Damage Up (Medium)
+2: Damage Up (Medium), MP Cost Reduced (Small)

冥界恐叫打 Hellcry Punch

190% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -40% ATK/MAG Debuff

+1: ATK/MAG Reduced amount up (Small)
+2: Duration Up (Medium)

Valentus

Not all un ff8 is bad.

I think the junction system is one of the most fun and easy systems to build a char.

Also, irvine is utter trash

I know I'm always in the minority on this one.... but FFVIII is actually my favorite one. I don't think I could tell you exactly why, but man do I love that game. FFIX is a VERY close second and then there's a huge gap after that, but VIII is definitely my favorite.

Pejo

Did another daily trying to get a Cinque and instead got a gold->rainbow dupe Queen.

Why am I wasting all of my luck on these shit banners?

Alkez

Orlandu Enhancements announced for 3/10 in JP:

黒獅子の紋章 Black Lion Emblem

+100% Blind/Sleep/Paralyze Resist & +40% ATK when equipped with Greatsword

+1: HP Up
+2: Atk Up when equipped with Swords or Katanas

聖光爆裂破 Holy Explosion

200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

+1: Damage Up (Medium)
+2: Damage Up (Medium), MP Cost Reduced (Small)

冥界恐叫打 Hellcry Punch

190% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -40% ATK/MAG Debuff

+1: ATK/MAG Reduced amount up (Small)
+2: Duration Up (Medium)

Hmm, this is interesting. If the attack from katanas/swords is 40% then he has 110% attack passives. This is inline with what they did to Eileen. I'm surprised by Holy Explosion though. I thought it would be the exact same buff that Pile Driver got, but they've gone for 300% -50% debuff over 250% -75%. In a general sense this makes Holy Explosion 25% stronger at 900% vs 875% with a bit less of a mana cost (38?).

So after someone confirmed that Nine's TM stacks with Growth Eggs I decided I want 4 Nines for sure. I already had 2. I just did 3 11 pulls and got 1 Nine. So in 15 tickets a daily every day and a combined 5 I think 11 pulls only 3 of the base 4 from the pool? Fuck right off.

Muku

Fuck FF VIII, worst characters and idiotic story. It was so bad they had to completely change the direction with the master piece called IX.

Truth.

Did another daily trying to get a Cinque and instead got a gold->rainbow dupe Queen.

Why am I wasting all of my luck on these shit banners?

This is why I don't pull on these shit banners. Because I'd be doing the same thing. Not going to waste time, resources, or luck on them.

I know I'm always in the minority on this one.... but FFVIII is actually my favorite one. I don't think I could tell you exactly why, but man do I love that game. FFIX is a VERY close second and then there's a huge gap after that, but VIII is definitely my favorite.

My favorite is FFXII. Then V.

I did love VIII though. I'm weird.

Shouta

Orlandu enhancements look pretty standard. I wonder what the final Holy Explosion numbers will look like. I'm super hyped for the Dragon Quest enhancements though. =o

New FFBE units look pretty great as well. Olif (sp?) looks like he'll be a possible replacement for Rikku if his abilities have good modifiers. Mystea looks like she's a supporter/magic defense tank that guards the group against stuff like that. I hope Duke is good because he's the first 5-star dragoon in the game and he looks goddamn badass.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Done with the King, Tickets, Cacturs, Some 6*/SQ, SC, Elixirs, and Megacities acquired. At 100 Orange too, so that is good for the next Esper.

On a side note, manage to max out Luka, Firion, Goblez, and the white haired one. Several others leveled up too.

H3xum

Of course. She got enhancements too so she's even more useful.

Wow, didn't know about her enhancements til just now. The elemental resistance + heal enhancement seems bananas. Is there a big place for her Reflect skill? I am trying to think of where that'll be worth anything in global right now

Flambe

Been pretty apathetic on this event. Only got one (crappy) bonus character and not pulling any more so all I got is like 20 megacites to top off Odin and all the Tickets except 3000 ones =|

Visceir

Love the world, story and characters of FF XII but having recently played the IZJS version I have to say the combat/license board itself in that game is god-awful and boring as hell. Jobs that have close to no active skills and having to get specific licenses to be able to equip weapons and accessories you found...who thought this was a good idea?

Still hope we'll see sky pirate Vaan, Gabranth and more FF XII characters soon enough in FFBE.

Muku

My problem with 12 was the main character wasn't really the main character.

I didn't mind it overall though. Never finished it. :/ I should go back to it.

Love 6. Hated 12.

My ranking would go

6 > 7 > 9 > 4 > 8 > 10 > 15 > 5 > 12 > 3

Never played 1, 2 or 13. Only dabbled in the mmo ones.

I should note I've liked every Ff I've played except 12 and 3. Could not get into either.

Love 6. Hated 12.

My ranking would go

6 > 7 > 9 > 4 > 8 > 10 > 15 > 5 > 12 > 3

Never played 1, 2 or 13. Only dabbled in the mmo ones.

I should note I've liked every Ff I've played except 12 and 3. Could not get into either.

I will bite:

6 - 8 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 12 - 13 - 15 - 4 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 1

*raises shield*

Borrows and reinforces the shield:

8 > 6 > 9 > 4 > 10 > 15 > 7 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2.

I never played any of the games between 10 and 15.

Fuck it.

6, 12,Tactics,7, 9, 8, 10, 4, 5, 13-2, 2, 1, 10-2, 13

Never played 3, LR, and stopped playing 15 until they actually finish the game.

MMO's don't count in my opinion.

Edit: I know it isn't a mainline, but I forgot Tactics. So adding that one.

Azuran

Banned
We're ranking titles now? Might as well then:

11 > 9 > 4 > 12> 10 > 13 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 3

I haven't played enough XIV and XV, and I don't care enough to rank the first two.

H3xum

So to reel things in a bit

Would a mage be practical in the Gilg trial party? If so, is Emporer the clear winner here with his passive 75% evasion, Spirit buff/debuff, and stacking his Fire From Below over and over?

Need to figure out if I should max him with event currency or just buy other stuff

So to reel things in a bit

Would a mage be practical in the Gilg trial party? If so, is Emporer the clear winner here with his passive 75% evasion, Spirit buff/debuff, and stacking his Fire From Below over and over?

Need to figure out if I should max him with event currency or just buy other stuff

What are the other units you'd be using? Personally I am going to try to use him once I clear it with my team of Rain, Refia, Snow, Ling, and Noct. My issue is his low HP. If you have 2 or more Seal of Destruction which grants hp, atk, and mag I'd use them on him, I only have 2 and that puts his HP at like ~4500. I want him at 4.8-5k HP before I bring him into the trial.

Someone just posted this one reddit:

Rain (Carbuncle for MP/SPR)
* utilize Carbuncle's Last Stand to increase survival rates
* dual wield Rune Blade (Light) and Survival Edge (Wind) using Lava Floor (Fire/Earth) to disable 4 elements

Refia as healer (Shiva for MP/SPR)
* Embolden to increase ATK/DEF
* Curaga or Curaja to heal members
* Full-Life to revive one KO'd ally
* Dispel to remove status effects from Gilgamesh

Cecil as tank and support healer (Golem for HP/MP/DEF)
* utilize Golem's Last Stand to increase survival rates
* Saintly Wall to protect members
* Focus to increase MAG/SPR
* Limit Burst to increase ATK/DEF/SPR
* Dispel to remove status effects from Gilgamesh
* Curaja to heal members

Noctis as supporter (Diablos for Man-Eater and Imperil)
* repeat Cover, Thunder Flask, Imperil every 3 turns
* Cover to regenerate HP/MP for all allies
* Thunder Flask to decrease MAG of Gilgamesh
* Imperil to decrease all element resistances of Gilgamesh
* dual wield Excalibur (Light) and Kazekiri (Wind) using Fire Flask (Fire) to disable 3 elements when Rain is KO'd.
* Comeback to revive one KO'd ally if needed
* Fish to draw attacks if needed

Emporer as damage dealer (Ramuh for MAG)
* just Fire From Below

Syntsui

Tactics is on a level of its own, it's impossible to rank it because nothing ever made comes close to it.

As far as comparable games go: IX > IV > VI > VII > X > XII > Who fucking cares >>>>> VIII and Zero.

Xion86

8 and 7 were poop. Franchise got good again at 9.

Can't tell if trolling...:p
Think I'd find it hard to rank, and also, I'm playing V for the first time now (think I'm near the end) and don't think I've fully played through 6, that will be next. 7 got me into the series and other games like it, was a fan from that point onwards, too much I love about that game compared to the others. Even played all the Crystal Chronicle titles, and the Wii exclusive ones, which were quite fun.

Hmm nothing too exciting has happened in-game for me, just continuing to farm the event rewards, only got Eight and Cinque though and using a friend unit. The Trial will be interesting.

Does anyone know roughly when Warrior of Light will get his upgrade? And is it safe to use pots in his current state or best to wait until he's Awoken? Cecil is maxed out right now and Limit Break has 1 level left to go.

Nikokuno

You guys should play FF XIV, I think I'm going to play it again because of the story, which deserve some attention. Also MMO takes too much time at this point of my life. This time going to be used to play Nier Automata hehe.

IX VII XIV VIII III IV and the rest.

FFBE collaboration with Breath of Fire III 😍... hope Gumi never do this, I need to save money.

Syntsui

I'll probably go with Cecil, Refia, Rain, Noctis and Lightning. Too bad we need a stone seal because Rain is absurdly weak even at 6* and the HP gear will be with Cecil anyway.

H3xum

What are the other units you'd be using? Personally I am going to try to use him once I clear it with my team of Rain, Refia, Snow, Ling, and Noct. My issue is his low HP. If you have 2 or more Seal of Destruction which grants hp, atk, and mag I'd use them on him, I only have 2 and that puts his HP at like ~4500. I want him at 4.8-5k HP before I bring him into the

So here is what I have 6* max

Bartz
Cecil
CoD
Chiz x2
Refia
ExDeth
Rain
Firion
Olive

I honestly have no idea what I am planning. I have elemental coverage weapons so that isn't the concern(including excel and golem staff and such) and two DWs. Probably just going to get wiped. I have a Marie or an Emporer to max out tonight too if either of them would be a game changer

Valentus

Are we rating ff now?

Cool!

Didnt care Bout the rest

Good luck on gilga Tomorrow!

Please gaf. CoD leader, PLEASE!. Help me conquer gilga

This may have been addressed but will Marie be useful for Gilga?

I need to evaluate my options!! Not sure he'll be something I can conquer at the moment but we'll see. Going to do one pull to try and get Ramza. Wish they would announce player's choice winners...

Valentus

What're you looking at in terms of gear? No TMs, moderate, heavy? I assume w/ Diabolos?

High HP and atk. Didnt care if tms, this trial is hard.

Also, since no one posted. Here are Gilgamesh HP marks for thresholds:

tZgFsEL.png

Azuran

Banned
You guys should play FF XIV, I think I'm going to play it again because of the story, which deserve some attention. Also MMO takes too much time at this point of my life. This time going to be used to play Nier Automata hehe.

IX VII XIV VIII III IV and the rest.

FFBE collaboration with Breath of Fire III 😍... hope Gumi never do this, I need to save money.

I would jump into XIV if I had the time to do it. It's kinda hard to play MMOs when you're a part-time student and have a part-time job as well.

Hopefully when I graduate next summer I have enough time to play. FFXI was one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom