• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangd007

Lightning can only be sealed by magic/hybrid? Ugh. Don't think I'll be able to do Gilgamesh until I have DC and DW TMR done. I'll probably need a holy weapon too. I need 50 more Star Quartz to get Holy Lance.

Switching out Rain for Bartz. This mofo rain thinks he's the tank and keeps covering and getting his ass killed! Will use Trident and golem staff and will gale barrage every turn. Rain is fucking this up for me.

across

Really fun trial. Slow and steady was the path I chose and it worked just fine.

- Sealing Earth really doesn't seem necessary.
- Triple sealing things with Hybrid attacks sure is useful.
- Don't know if the math on keeping him MAG broken favors doing it, but I kept it up pretty much the entire fight thanks to Ramza (who also kept Fire/Thunder/Holy sealed w/ Holy Blade)
- I've farmed a bunch of TMs but don't have any beastly top-tier DPS so I went double tank (Snow+Cecil) and healer (Refia) with a super-stacked Firion solo damaging. Not really exciting but unless you fall asleep at the wheel you kinda can't fuck up as long as you're keeping things sealed.
- CoD can probably put in some crazy work on this fight but I was very hesitant to sacrifice 40 energy to that 30% chance Gilgamesh would vaporize Refia and start a failure cascade scenario.

Alkez

This sounds brutal. The buff makes no sense to me.

I think the concept of trials is that they're meant to be difficult. In essence it's the end game content, and is not supposed to be cleared on day 1. When you look at the fact that we have some very strong global exclusives as well as Noctis the buff makes sense to put it inline with that concept.

Niahak

Sounds like sealing Earth isn't worth it. If I have (or could have) all 5 of my characters resist confuse, could I get away with also not sealing Light?

I have:
Noctis (usually has ribbon)
Luneth
Refia
WoL
D. Fina

Luneth and Refia naturally resist confuse, as does D. Fina. WoL has the helm that resists it, so I could make a 5-char party that resists it with only one accessory slot taken...

So then I only have to cover three elements (water, lightning, fire) - which makes things a lot simpler. Luneth will be going all-out and can have lightning/fire dual wield, and D. Fina has access to water and lightning spells (and can equip Ifrit or something). Refia on full healing duty, Noctis on support and backup (debuffing, MP regen, backup revive).

The question is just whether 5* WoL is sturdy enough to tank - it's either him or Noctis, and I don't have much in the way of evade stuff to keep Noct alive.

bonkeng

As much as I want to do Greg's Trial now, I'm too tired after a long day's work.

Gratz on those who've beaten him. And good luck to those who are planning to challenge Greg any time soon.

Syntsui

I don't have any tools to seal Water and using Water Blade every turn is not a viable option to beat him lol.

For some reason I always thought it would be ice, no one ever gave a fuck about water in Final Fantasy.

udca

Went in blind and got bodied hehe. Came back and read how the trial works and managed to get all the missions (had to use a Noctis for the no item one). My team was Elza, Gilgamesh, Cecil, Refia and Ace who dodged about 200 attacks lol. Re-did it with a friend Noctis and wow he just does everything! It's insane.

I can also hit the last boss of the type 0 event for 500k with no chains and only 660 Mag with Ace. I know it's not Olive numbers, but he's really good and always has a spot on my squad ;)

Ace defense force!

Pejo

Just reading up on the Greg clears, looks like they added a global exclusive ability at 50% threshold, not terrible but it adds another layer of sealing elements.

Based on the successes I've read, I think i'll try tonight with Ling, Cecil, Refia, Bartz and my own Noct. I'm going to try to get all of the goals in a single fight, though I almost always fuck up the "finish with a LB" one.

Got SO close on my first try (roundabout 20% health left), but in the end Bartz died in a round in which I couldn't get him back to life and Gilgy hit me with a wind spell that paralyzed everyone else still standing.

I've made some adjustments to my team and will go back at him in a half hour or so. I'll get 'em this time!

Musings

Going to try and get my team ready this evening and give it a go!

Do you guys think it's do-able with a combination of the following?:

Noctis
Lightning
Cecil
WoL
Refia
Exdeath
Olive

TMs: Dualweild x2, Exal

H3xum

HAHA

So I THINK I just went through two barriers in one move and got insta wiped? (8k Cecil, 5.5k Refia, 4.5+k on everyone else)

With a well timed Olive ult + man eater and a Fin Briar + man eater I went from just above the 80% to apparently just below the 50% and insta died. That or his 80% one just slaughtered me single handedly, which I guess could be a thing

I was just being dumb with a 5man Refia, Cecil, Bartz (excal and chij) Olive and Firion with Water Axe and Knuckles so I wasn't expecting a bunch, but, still, did not anticipate both gates would trigger.

RedZaraki

Banned
I did it.

It was a struggle, but I did it.

Team:

Luneth (Diabolos)
- Chirijiraden + Excalibur

Cecil (Golem)
- Survival Edges

Bartz (Odin)
-Triden + Golem's Staff
- Gave an extra MP + 20% to help out

Refia(Ramuh)
- Dual Cast

Friend Noctis

Everyone had Jewel Rings where needed to be paralyze Resist (Friend Noctis too) and everyone had 5k or more Max HP (Cecil around 7700 HP).

Roles:

Luneth: Always Cut Through or Auto attack if not enough MP.

Cecil: Heal with Curaja in Emergencies > Provoke if not up > Defend if hurt and provoke up > Limit Break when you can > Defend if bored.

Bartz: Gale Barrage all day, or auto attack only to conserve MP when party is otherwise in good shape.

Refia: First turn Embolden, after that you will be dual cast Curaja + Something else. Full Life in an emergency, Dispel if you can, or Thunder to break his thunder barrier after 50% HP.

Friend Noctis: Always Keep Cover rolling + Thunder Flask debuff on Gilgamesh. If you have a completely free turn then Point Warp to restore MP.

The KEY here is that at each HP threshold you have everyone full health and magic attack debuff on Gilgamesh. Cecil should have provoke on as well.

After that turn Cecil should insta die and everyone else should be critical. On that turn you want Noctis to Revive Cecil and Refia to Dual Cast Curaja + Thunder on Gilgamesh and Luneth and Bartz to break every element they can.

If Bartz dies, then have Cecil Dispel Gilgamesh, Noctis Thunder Flask for debuff, and Refia Dual Cast Full Life on Bartz and Curaja while Luneth attacks.

That was my strategy. The key is to conserve MP with Bartz and Noctis when you can, and to make sure Cecil is alive first, and you always seal 3 or more attacks under all circumstances.

I got the No Item and 5 Party members achievements like this (forgot to finish with Limit Break but I very well could have if I'd remembered). This took me like 5 attempts to pull off properly.

I then ran it again with an Extra Lightning Unit as sixth member + Able to use items + ATK + 30% and Deathbringer and Sparky on Lightning = Pretty easy finish with Limit Break achievement.

So I completed all of the trial, and I'm back to the TMR farm!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Done. First try, Party of 5 and LB Kill. Didn't want to risk no Item too once my MP got low on Noctis.

Party was(All my own units, No Companion)
Noctis - Light, Fire, Lightning
Ling - MP Bot
Snow - Water + Wind
Refia - Heal Bot
Cecil - Meat Bag, Stone when I could.

Basically, I couldn't do all 6. Decided against Earth Element, where Cecil could put it out every now and then. Replaced a few items with some more HP on the squishies.

Snow and Cecil both had 7k HP, Ling and Noctis dodged quite a bit, and my Refia is packing 5k HP with more elemental resistance and Def than most tanks have. Only one who never died. Got close though.

I didn't have to worry about the threshold as much, since my party was naturally so tanky. I felt like Buttz would have done Ling's job better and survived more.

I'll go back and do the No Item with 6 units. I'll replace Ling with Buttz or something.

Rixa

DONT USE SPARKSTRIKE. It doesn't cover Thunder!

Turn after Sparkstrike :(

Screenshot_20170309-191337.png

Everything went well to that point. Damn if I only knew. DC Refia Thunder + Thunder Flask it is to next try.

H3xum

Just for funsies I am going to try my 2x maxed Chiz + break + embolden + Olive's True Shot

See if I can land a "perfect" chain and see what dmg it does

And done all in one run on my 4th try. Took me 4 attempts. Rain fucked me over so I swapped him out, learned about Gilgas new move the hard way and wasn't prepared and RNG fucked me over once as well and then it all came together on the 4th attempt.

Noct,- excal/chiri man eater using cover, warp break for main attack, Thunder flask past 50%.
Greg - golem staff/ trident using wind slash only
Refia - DC (DC is mandatory), using Ramu esper for back up thunder.
Cecil - provoke, mirage vest, golem esper, focus, curaja, 9.8k hp
Ling (those of us blessed with this mana battery are so freaking lucky!) Wind dagger using flame blade as back up fire coverage for Noct when I needed him to jump/cover.

Using Golem esper at 50% to mitigate that damage really helped. Rotating elemental coverage was key, mana sustain through Ling/Noct was key. Great fight and I will do it again, going to try getting the Emperor in and using Fire Below to see how that damage stacks! Finishing him with Armiger was so damn satisfying.

Leaving my Noct up for your use: 800 atk,, 400 mag Excal/Chiri, Man Eater materia and man eater through Diablos 6k hp, 346 mp 249 def 223 spr

Lmao! Outstanding.

I managed to beat him on my first try but had to use items and a friend's Noctis. Thunder flask is crucial.

My team,
Refia - dual cast with the curajas and dispels
Cecil - provoking and curaja. Occasional limit burst.
Lightning - equipped with Excalibur and Chirijarden
Bartz - equipped with golem staff and Trident
Olive - there originally for damage but ended up using items to refill others MP most of the time.
Friend Noctis used thunder flask every turn.

Somehow on one turn the Noctis died, and everything was an uphill battle from there. Eventually I had everyone back up and good but that one death of Noctis almost ruined everything.

For the love of God Noctis bros

Build him for Evasion

Get that Cyan, Shine, Noctis and Sazh TMRs going

what have you guys even been doing these past few months

All achievements in one run. Dont feel Happy at all... I had to use all my whaliness yo do It.

Well grats! What's ironic to me is how the party of 5 reward is really really good for people without powerful teams, but if you have a group that doesn't need a 6th then that 30% attack Materia might not be that important to obtain anyway. I'll go for the rewards sometime down the line. I really just wanted that Katana because I finally got blade mastery.

Rixa

Well grats! What's ironic to me is how the party of 5 reward is really really good for people without powerful teams, but if you have a group that doesn't need a 6th then that 30% attack Materia might not be that important to obtain anyway. I'll go for the rewards sometime down the line. I really just wanted that Katana because I finally got blade mastery.

Ironically my leader unit Noctis rolls with Seal of Desctruction rather than that +30% atk :p.

Ling with Bushido Freedom and Diablos might be a new thing for me. Going to try and get her two Bracers, Brave Suit, Dual Wield her TM dagger w/ another dagger. This should be fun!

Visceir

Somehow I doubt that +30% atk will make or break your trial run.

That man-eater materia from fat choco might be worth grabbing and make a difference if you got a spare 200 SQ laying around though.

Somehow I doubt that +30% atk will make or break your trial run.

That man-eater materia from fat choco might be worth grabbing and make a difference if you got a spare 200 SQ laying around though.

What I mean is people who can complete the 5 man quest are so stacked already they could give a damn about 30% attack Materia.

People who can't come anywhere close to completing it without a 6th would love to get their hands on it.

It's just like the arena rewarding 2 10% trust moogles to the top dogs. Unlikely those people care that much about it. It's just "the rich get richer" scenario.

Ling with Bushido Freedom and Diablos might be a new thing for me. Going to try and get her two Bracers, Brave Suit, Dual Wield her TM dagger w/ another dagger. This should be fun!

Dude! battle Ling sounds fun

Gengji glove, Ring of Lucii

3x quick assault and Bushido freedom

Shame she only gets the dance bonus on auto attack

Visceir

What I mean is people who can complete the 5 man quest are so stacked already they could give a damn about 30% attack Materia.

People who can't come anywhere close to completing it without a 6th would love to get their hands on it.

It's just like the arena rewarding 2 10% trust moogles to the top dogs. Unlikely those people care that much about it. It's just "the rich get richer" scenario.

Wait until FF XIV raid at the end of the month for a decent 6* DC healer and have a friend unit cover whatever other shortcomings you might have.

The trial is by no means impossible and will only become easier and easier as more units get released.

You also don't have to get all the challenges in one run. Feel free to use items while doing the 5 unit party challenge.

Wait until FF XIV raid at the end of the month for a decent 6* DC healer and have a friend unit cover whatever other shortcomings you might have.

The trial is by no means impossible and will only become easier and easier as more units get released.

You also don't have to get all the challenges in one run. Feel free to use items while doing the 5 unit party challenge.

You're completely missing my point.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

This is wrong. I give a damn about it, otherwise I would not have done 5 man. This is also the first time anything greater than 15% is offered from a non-TM. With the only TM prior to it, being, Queen, Maxwell, and the BF Banner.

Nor would I say my Team is stacked, I think my Noctis is. But the rest of my team is basically on event items or other challenges, collusuem, with something like Equip Shield and DC on Refia. Then Aegis on Cecil. Rest of the items were all event.

When Shouta says it's a good idea to get event items, it would be best to listen is my advice.

Second, if they don't offer rewards for challenges, what the hell is the point? If you give the bottom half the same as the top 10. Why would anyone want to be them? Just beating the trial will give you the best Katana in the game. It will do more for you then someone with the TM one

A good team with a high evasion Ling could beat this im thinking

Friend Evade Noctis plus Evasion Ling?

Gilga easy mode for most players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom