• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Also, since no one posted. Here are Gilgamesh HP marks for thresholds:

Ooh, nifty! That's very helpful.

If I were to rank the main series, it'd probably be:

6, 8, 12, 7, 9, 4, 10, 5, 15, 13, 3, 1, 2

Never played 11 or 14, and 13-2 is amazing but didn't include it.

c-murph

Absolutely, innate dual wield and tons of elemental coverage. She's very versatile.

Ah, that's great. I also have a variety of TMs... but no Excalibur yet. I do have lots of Man-Eaters - Deathrbringer (Man-Eater), Elza (Man Eater), CoD (Man Eater), Man Eater Materia, and Diabolos.

jnWake

I've only played a few of the main FF but my ranking is:

VI > IX > VII > VIII > IV

Although I'm a tad unsure about the last 3. IV is pretty good.

across

High HP and atk. Didnt care if tms, this trial is hard.

Also, since no one posted. Here are Gilgamesh HP marks for thresholds:

Alright - quadruple Man Eater Cloud of Darkness being shared as my friend unit. Isn't max HP potted but most of my HP pots have gone into other units, so...

By the way, all these Final Fantasy rankings but no love for Mystic Quest? Disgusting. Waiting for that FFMQ exploration event with this as the music. 5* base Phoebe gonna introduce the glorious bow metagame to our shores.

... ahem.

tuffymon

I would jump into XIV if I had the time to do it. It's kinda hard to play MMOs when you're a part-time student and have a part-time job as well.

Hopefully when I graduate next summer I have enough time to play. FFXI was one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

I played xi for years, loved it. I couldn't get into 14 the same way.

robotuw

Nice, been a productive few days recently. I finished the event except for dailies. I also got trophy #71 (silver esper summons) and #72 (gold arena points). Getting really low on the trophies I can still feasibly do. All that's left are the gold friend points and the gold items used. Of course I'm not in any rush since I'll never get the materials to make that stupid ring anyway.

bonkeng

Oooohhh ff rankings:

Mine is 6>12>7>4>5>8>3>9>1>13>2

Didn't include 15 as I'm currently still playing it. Also didn't include the mmo ones.

Azuran

Banned
I played xi for years, loved it. I couldn't get into 14 the same way.

I don't expect to considering FFXI was a once in a lifetime experience that came at the right time in my life, but as long as I have fun with my friends in XIV, I'll be happy.

I'm fine if the game is a lot more streamlined. I don't have the time these days to spent months grinding materials just to complete a single weapon lol

Muku

0.3% left on Dual Cast. I swear game... stop screwing with me.

Just a moment ago, two runs back to back gave me 0.1% each. Either it heard me of wanted to make the wait at 99.9% worse.

Scratch that. Three in a row with 0.1%. DONEEEEEEEEEE!! DUAL CAST!!

bonkeng

0.3% left on Dual Cast. I swear game... stop screwing with me.

Just a moment ago, two runs back to back gave me 0.1% each. Either it heard me of wanted to make the wait at 99.9% worse.

Scratch that. Three in a row with 0.1%. DONEEEEEEEEEE!! DUAL CAST!!

Just in time for Greg's Slaughter House.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sorry everyone, traveling for work again. Mine:

X
VII
IX
VI
XII
VIII
XIII

And I'm halfway through XV but I think it sits between VI and XII for me. 10, 7, and 9 have the best stories and characters. I really liked the battle system of 12. and 6 is just a classic. 13 and 8 were both forgetable, but at least 8 had the card game.

Stider

Well I'm finally back after waiting almost 1 month for my phone to be repaired. Noticed I now have quite a few friend slots open(thought I posted regarding this but looks like I forgot) so I will post my ID for invites again.

ID: 443,671,175

Rixa

X

I was thinking just to answer with one letter. Cause blah this is BE thread not some ranking thread of opinions. But whatever.

4 Hour maintenance 86 mins.

bonkeng

Well I'm finally back after waiting almost 1 month for my phone to be repaired. Noticed I now have quite a few friend slots open(thought I posted regarding this but looks like I forgot) so I will post my ID for invites again.

ID: 443,671,175

Welcome back. I thought you quit so i booted you off.

Made room and sent you a request.

bonkeng

Lol. Greg' Trial got a global exclusive 6th sealable skill, Thunder Element hybrid attack with 50% paralize and -40% def/spr debuff.

As if he's not hard enough.

Rixa

Nazta didn't say anything about Greg's hp.

But that Thunder Element is by far the worse. It's AoE instead of ST. Unlike the other elements which are all ST.

Yup :(
Hmm Thunder only sealable with magic:

I equipped:
1st Noctis (friend leader too) Excalibur & Chirijiraden.
2nd Noctis Excalibur + Thunder Spear (Man-Eater Materia instead BM)
Gilgy will get Mighty Hammer & Golem Staff
Cecil Survival Edge (Wind damage) If I have time to attack
Refia as Dual Cast healer.

Valentus

Passing thresholds didnt prevent gilga activate his unsealed abilities (un jp that turn was safe for not sealing)

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO GUMI

Edit: no, its not. Still is a fucking nasty attack. You need to cast Golem or defend.

Rixa

Everything went downhill when in one turn I forgot to cast Thunder (Refia was DC Thunder + something).
Got Gilgy to around 15% hp with party of 6.

Noc1
Noc2
Noc3 (friend)
Gilgy
Cecil
Refia

Yeah good luck :/. I was mostly doing normal attacks with Noctis. Next run when ever I do it will be with Thunder Flasks so that Refia can actually DC something else than thunder + something.

Xion86

Wow nice to see Final Fantasy 6 at the top of a lot of people's list, makes me look forward to it even more (I think I only remember playing the starting as a kid). I'll start it after I finish V and Breath of the Wild. Don't think anything can top 7 for me though, even after playing all the others, just so much about that game I love as it got me into the series (the world map, the characters, the story, the music, the summons, materia system, Limit breaks, secrets and side stuff like getting the golden chocobo and the golden saucer :D list can go on).

Can't remember much of 12 as I only played it once at launch but will be getting the HD version.

Looking forward to getting into the game to get my ass beat by Gilgamesh!
Oh wait, were in :D

Will switch to sharing my Noctis.

Daily pull: Trey

Everything went downhill when in one turn I forgot to cast Thunder (Refia was DC Thunder + something).
Got Gilgy to around 15% hp with party of 6.

Noc1
Noc2
Noc3 (friend)
Gilgy
Cecil
Refia

Yeah good luck :/. I was mostly doing normal attacks with Noctis. Next run when ever I do it will be with Thunder Flasks so that Refia can actually DC something else than thunder + something.

do thunder flasks count?!

i guess i need to build up dual noctis eh?

Well damn got him to his less than 30% threshold and he killed Refia which derailed everything. At all 3 thresholds he actually killed someone other than Cecil who was provoking every time. Annoying.

Xion86

Nervous to use up the NRG on him :p especially as I have no idea what I'll do as a technique haha, I'll probably build up a team to use now.

H3xum

Ok which one of you guys has the 95% evasion Noctis I can rely on? :p

This sounds brutal. The buff makes no sense to me.

Ok which one of you guys has the 95% evasion Noctis I can rely on? :p

This sounds brutal. The buff makes no sense to me.

Im working on a Perfect Dodge Noctis but they added stuff in global to counter it right?

The one hit KO and the Thunder attack? Or is the Thunder attack hybrid?

Valonquar

Good rule of thumb with FFXIV: Get to endgame, and then quit for like 1 year. Resub for 1 month, catch up, then quit again. The storyline and fight designs are amazing. The amount of endgame grindfest for diminishing returns is HIGH, but that is the case with every MMO. The hard fights in FFXIV become trivial once the next tier of armor sets gets released, and fights that used to be wipe city become easy peasy with very few exceptions due to instant kill mechanics.

Neekaw

I beat him twice, once with a 6 man team and no items, second time with my team and no friend but using items.

Team was :
- Noctis with excalibur and trident.
- Noctis with excalibur and sakurafubuki. (thunder flask every turns after 50%)
- Rain with the wind dagger.
- Refia with dual cast.
- Cecil

Some units to consider if you are F2Play with regards to stacking evasion

Ling - Superstar with Innate 40% evade and a mountain of other great uses. I legit feel bad for anyone who didnt pull one

Chizuru - 20% evade innate and has other defensive abilites to help. Really the go to F2Play unit once again but youll want to stack her evade higher if you can

Shine - Only 10% innate and probably the least useful of the group but if you are in a pinch and are sitting on some extra evade gear.

Evade sources

4x Speed Plus - 5% each and 20% max. Not ideal but every little bit helps

Evade TM - Cyans TMR.... Yeah I bet you guys are feeling the burn for fusing and selling your cyans now arent ya

Shine TM - 30% Atk AND 10% evade. You guys know why this is at the top of the list

Sazh TM - This is the big daddy. Whopping 20% but its an accessory. Im not sure if you can stack 2 of theses or not but since all other evade sources stack... Yeah you guys should have held onto this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom