• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude! battle Ling sounds fun

Gengji glove, Ring of Lucii

3x quick assault and Bushido freedom

Shame she only gets the dance bonus on auto attack

Dude it hits twice with 1 weapon equipped! Hoping it will hit 4 times with Dual Wield. Shit just got real interesting. I need pots to dump into Ling. I need moar moogles!

This is wrong. I give a damn about it, otherwise I would not have done 5 man. This is also the first time anything greater than 15% is offered from a non-TM. With the only TM prior to it, being, Queen, Maxwell, and the BF Banner.

Nor would I say my Team is stacked, I think my Noctis is. But the rest of my team is basically on event items or other challenges, collusuem, with something like Equip Shield and DC on Refia. Then Aegis on Cecil. Rest of the items were all event.

When Shouta says it's a good idea to get event items, it would be best to listen is my advice.

Second, if they don't offer rewards for challenges, what the hell is the point? If you give the bottom half the same as the top 10. Why would anyone want to be them? Just beating the trial will give you the best Katana in the game. It will do more for you then someone with the TM one

I have every unit on your team you did it with except the Noctis. So what I can try is leaving out one of my own units and just bring a friends Noctis.

Would you mind posting your equips? Id like to see if I can do exactly as you did.

robotuw

Greg trial sounds like it will at least keep some people busy for a while. That's it for this week, right? Guess it's back to farming. I should be able to finish Agrias and Garnet this week.

tuffymon

I'm still working on NocTANK, 2x 30% hps and a 20 sided die are in the 40s-60s~ I feel like I'll hold off on trying the trial until he's complete >.>;

Total Stats: HP: 9253 MP: 329 ATK: 318 DEF: 370 MAG: 199 SPR: 268

That's what mine'll look like when my last 3 Tm's for him are completed...

tuffymon

Any Shine TMs?

I would almost prioritize and Evade sources over HP

I have 1 shine, shes in the same batch and slightly higher % than the rest, i suppose i could swap that for 1 15% hp... giving mine 75% dodge

changing it to Total Stats: HP: 8612 MP: 329 ATK: 374 DEF: 370 MAG: 199 SPR: 268

fingers crossed on fish and damage warp making content silly >.>

Shouta

So, considering the DQ units got enhancements, could it mean it's coming to GL really soon? That's been the pattern recently. If so, you should be pulling on it. All the units aside from the Slime have great TMs and the units themselves might be quite crazy depending on the results of the enhancements.

Liquid Metal Slime apparently makes the Bloody Moon boss trivially if you have him. I wish I had pulled him. =(

H3xum

So, considering the DQ units got enhancements, could it mean it's coming to GL really soon? That's been the pattern recently. If so, you should be pulling on it. All the units aside from the Slime have great TMs and the units themselves might be quite crazy depending on the results of the enhancements.

Liquid Metal Slime apparently makes the Bloody Moon boss trivially if you have him. I wish I had pulled him. =(

Yeah that is what I was assuming. Orlandu got his enhancements and so did DQ...so our next 3 events will be some combo of those 2 banners + FFXIV

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I have every unit on your team you did it with except the Noctis. So what I can try is leaving out one of my own units and just bring a friends Noctis.

Would you mind posting your equips? Id like to see if I can do exactly as you did.

Refia - Golden Staff, Force Shield, Soul Crown, Red Robe, Muscle Belt 2x, Dual Cast, Equip Shield, 20% MP, 15% HP

Cecil - Survival Edge, Aegis Shield, Grand Helm, Force Armor, Muscle Belt, Defender Bracer, Guardian Authority 2x, HP 15%, HP 10%.

Snow - The knuckle with Wind, Snowshield, Green Beret, Black Belt, Muscle Belt, Ruler Ring, 10%HPs, 15% ATK, etc.

Ling - Creepy Mask, White Robe, Orichalcum(Had no other weapon), Ruler Ring, Vital App, 15% HP, 20%MP, 20%MP, 10%HP.

Basically, I just built with HP and MP in mind. The only damage I had going was my Noctis. Snow was just attack with AquaStrike the entire time.

From the units above, I had 3 TMs in use, with only DC being required.

You could always replace Snow with Buttz if you have trident or Buttz with Ling if you want to rely on a direct fill. I needed to use two Elixirs for Noctis and Refia, since around 40%, they were broke. Where either Cecil or Ling did it.

Wondering if I should put Bushido on Noct for those friends who could use it to dispel his buffs??? Back to TM farming. 2 Shines, 2 Olives, and Ling cooking in the oven right now. Once they are done, 2 Sahz, Leon, Emp, and god knows what else I have in the TM back log will get done.

Rixa

He reduces damage by 80% naturally and has an innate 50% resistance to all elements. There's an accessory that will increase his resistance to by 10% to 60% across the board too.

Melody of Life (Garnet TM)

"Boosts all elemental reistances by 20%".

Nice ability, my Refia is using it all the time. I should make another at some point.

Refia - Golden Staff, Force Shield, Soul Crown, Red Robe, Muscle Belt 2x, Dual Cast, Equip Shield, 20% MP, 15% HP

Cecil - Survival Edge, Aegis Shield, Grand Helm, Force Armor, Muscle Belt, Defender Bracer, Guardian Authority 2x, HP 15%, HP 10%.

Snow - The knuckle with Wind, Snowshield, Green Beret, Black Belt, Muscle Belt, Ruler Ring, 10%HPs, 15% ATK, etc.

Ling - Creepy Mask, White Robe, Orichalcum(Had no other weapon), Ruler Ring, Vital App, 15% HP, 20%MP, 20%MP, 10%HP.

Basically, I just built with HP and MP in mind. The only damage I had going was my Noctis. Snow was just attack with AquaStrike the entire time.

From the units above, I had 3 TMs in use, with only DC being required.

You could always replace Snow with Buttz if you have trident or Buttz with Ling if you want to rely on a direct fill. I needed to use two Elixirs for Noctis and Refia, since around 40%, they were broke. Where either Cecil or Ling did it.

Thanks going to try this but I feel like not sealing the earth element could screw me.

SeanTSC

Got my first kill (5 man and LB, but had to use items) on my third go at him after retooling my team a bit.

jG3ru0r.png

Used Cecil, Refia, Rain, Ling, and Noctis.

Everyone except Noctis was basically Max HP gear. Had Ramuh on Refia so she could use Thunder sub 50%. Refia and Cecil both had Dualcast and Cecil pulled some major healing duty. Outside of Dualcast, Noctis was the only one with TM gear.

Rain had my Air Knife and used Ground Lava. Ling had Survival Edges and used Water Blade. Noctis had Excalibur/Chiri and mainly used Warp Break, with a couple Thunder Flask covers when Refia couldn't Thunder.

Noctis was basically 99% of my damage and it was fine if him and Ling missed turns to do other shit like refill someone's MP or throw out a Res. Definitely okay to miss some Water seals, especially if you're strategic in when you want him to use the Water Break stuff. And missing Light/Holy isn't a big deal if you're running Cecil since that attack does 0 to him.

bryt

Did all missions in one run and Ling was MVP. Gave her 4 speed pluses so she had 60% dodge then Chakra + Invigorating dance = never run out of MP.

Team was Cecil/Refia/Ling/Noctis/Noctis.

Noctis 1 sealed Earth/Water/Wind
Noctis 2 sealed Fire/Light/Thunder
Refia had Ramuh so Noctis 2 could not Thunder Flask and save MP whenever Refia didn't have to dualcast heals.
Cecil was for provoke and back up heals
Ling just Chakra'd and Invigorating dance all fight.

Muku

I think once new banner goes up, because it'll have Ramza on it, I'll do daily pulls. Nothing to lose at that point. I don't need everything else on it... but I guess for dailies it can't hurt. And I can build up their TMs if I can.

I might splurge a ticket or two on banner as well. We'll see. I really want Ramza though.

Tried 5 times to beat him with a 5 unit team, using every damn mix I could think of and couldn't take him down. So I said screw it and went in with a full 6 unit squad.

I had to use an item at the end and messed up the timing of the LB kill so I only got the katana and 100 lapis.... but I beat him. I'll go back and try another day for the other rewards as I'm totally spent on this game for now.

But still, at least I ended the day with that bastard beaten.

tuffymon

Cut from the Reddit thread above ^

For what I've understood, Fish does not increase Noctis' chance of being targeted, but rather sets everyone else's base target chance to 0%, thus making him the only available target for the enemies. When someone in the team has a provoke on them (even passive), it seems to sum additively to their 0% target chance, causing the unit to be attacked 30%, 50%, 70% or 100% of the time depending on the ability in question.

So if you have Golem on, you should be hit 100% of the time outside of aoe?

Tried twice with the 5 man strats using Ling. Both times I could've seen the end but a couple of X slashes and it'd be all downhill. Seems like RNG is letting people luck out.

I built her to have 4,200 HP but I strongly feel 5k HP is the sweet spot to get all your units to for this fight. I don't have enough HP 15% Materias get my whole team to do it.

Also , when I defeated him with a 6 man earlier today I was getting loads of drops to build the esper bar for golem and lb for everyone. The 5 man party is slim pickings. The entire fight till Gil got to 15% HP I never built the esper bar even once. Definitely a problem in the 5 man.

Thinking more about it, Ling is certainly a great mana battery but I almost think she's wasted here. Despite Lings evasion I don't think Xslash ever missed. Does that move have a 100% hit rate?

evangd007

The vibe I'm getting is that Gilgamesh is very difficult if not impossible without DC Refia. I'll sit this one out until I get it.

Gilgamesh down, all trophies in one try.

Refia(dual cast)
Snow(just a winged saint, he provoked and sometimes used aquastrike)
Cecil(dual wield, trident, survival edge, and black belt was key in building up limit break and golem summon)
Noctis(excalibur, chiri, and dual wield)
Friend Noctis(TM'd out the ass, excalibur and survival edge as weapons)

I had stone on Snow but I hardly ever used it, didn't care about sealing that element.

Snow and Cecil combo held it down, and yeah Noctis is like the perfect unit.

leehom

I'm reading some guides and lightning damage has to be through spells, not weapons? Does Ramuh summon count when he's at 50%?

LucaMac

Did in Greg twice getting two achievemnts first time and two the second. Ran a six man team and used no items (could have done the LB kill no problem but I over damaged him the turn before I intended finishing him. Went back with a 5 man team that could use Items which helped get though that one.

Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Delita and friend Noctis (thanks Zera)

I found that if you have your own Noctis match it's elemental equipment to the friend Noctis. Then either can raise while the other attacks if something goes wrong or if you're low on MP and need to jump. Less of a headache knowing either has the option to cover those elements. Leaving Fire/Lightning to your other units are preferable then as if they go down either noctis can use flasks.

It could work with other units without a native Noctis I'm sure to at least leave your friend noctis flexible.

LucaMac

I'm reading some guides and lightning damage has to be through spells, not weapons? Does Ramuh summon count when he's at 50%?

I beat him with a lightning spear on my cecil...only ever got hit by the move when he went down. I saw that about the magic thing somewhere too, but it seems to be absolute bollocks.

forgrim

Did my research and promptly got blown up at the 80% by the aoe, then took in some advice from some of the forum goers...and managed to get all three achievements in one round!

Cecil Tank - Gigas Axe, Defender's Bracer and Muscle Belt, 25 level limit tanked subsequent threshholds. 6811 HP
Refia - Dual Cast with Ramuh lightning as backup when Noctis got low on mana, 4593 hp
Ling - Four Speed plus (evasionnnn) and mana battery, backup air with survival edge (which saved my ass when bartz got the KO instead of cecil at 30%. 3309 hp
Bartz - Golem Staff/Kazekiri, and only did water blade the entire fight. 4519 hp

and special thanks to i BELIEVE it was Rixa's noctis with Chij and Excalibur. Thunder flasked after 50%.

I'm f2p pretty much and don't have many TM's essentially, and i managed to pull it off due to the amazing GAF Noctis' we have.

Did my research and promptly got blown up at the 80% by the aoe, then took in some advice from some of the forum goers...and managed to get all three achievements in one round!

Cecil Tank - Gigas Axe, Defender's Bracer and Muscle Belt, 25 level limit tanked subsequent threshholds. 6811 HP
Refia - Dual Cast with Ramuh lightning as backup when Noctis got low on mana, 4593 hp
Ling - Four Speed plus (evasionnnn) and mana battery, backup air with survival edge (which saved my ass when bartz got the KO instead of cecil at 30%. 3309 hp
Bartz - Golem Staff/Kazekiri, and only did water blade the entire fight. 4519 hp

and special thanks to i BELIEVE it was Rixa's noctis with Chij and Excalibur. Thunder flasked after 50%.

I'm f2p pretty much and don't have many TM's essentially, and i managed to pull it off due to the amazing GAF Noctis' we have.

Nice!!! I just tried the 5 man again and the friend Noctis I had died. I did however see x slash miss a few times so that's good. I hope I have that other Noctis on my friends list too. What I wouldn't give to just have my own damn Noctis. I really hope I pull him on the players choice banner. Assuming he's on it.

Did in Greg twice getting two achievemnts first time and two the second. Ran a six man team and used no items (could have done the LB kill no problem but I over damaged him the turn before I intended finishing him. Went back with a 5 man team that could use Items which helped get though that one.

Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Delita and friend Noctis (thanks Zera)

I found that if you have your own Noctis match it's elemental equipment to the friend Noctis. Then either can raise while the other attacks if something goes wrong or if you're low on MP and need to jump. Less of a headache knowing either has the option to cover those elements. Leaving Fire/Lightning to your other units are preferable then as if they go down either noctis can use flasks.

It could work with other units without a native Noctis I'm sure to at least leave your friend noctis flexible.

Glad someone put him to use! You are welcome Luca, congrats!

Xion86

Nice!!! I just tried the 5 man again and the friend Noctis I had died. I did however see x slash miss a few times so that's good. I hope I have that other Noctis on my friends list too. What I wouldn't give to just have my own damn Noctis. I really hope I pull him on the players choice banner. Assuming he's on it.

Hmm do you have me on your list?

Celegus

Dude! battle Ling sounds fun

Gengji glove, Ring of Lucii

3x quick assault and Bushido freedom

Shame she only gets the dance bonus on auto attack

What will be even better is when we get Abel's (I think?) TM, the dagger that gives dual wield. Will be perfect for her!

Took out Gilgamesh on my first try, did everything but the 5-man. Used Noctis, Bartz, Snow, Cecil, Refia, Friend Noctis (zera's, thanks!). Probably drop Snow and keep the rest? He was quite useful, but well, so is everyone else.

One of my problems is not having dualcast TM for Refia or otherwise...

Is there any alternative approach? Is dual cast for her absolutely necessary in this trial? I could really use that atk materia and sword...

Celegus

One of my problems is not having dualcast TM for Refia or otherwise...

Is there any alternative approach? Is dual cast for her absolutely necessary in this trial? I could really use that atk materia and sword...

Wait for Y'Shtola? I perused the reddit threads a bit earlier and saw a couple people say they did it without dual cast, but I'm really not sure how that would go. I felt it was easily the most important tool during my fight, even with 2 Nocti helping revive when they could.

SeanTSC

Fixed my Noctis for anyone on my Friends List who wanted to use him. Has Chiri, Diabolos, and Man-Eater equipped now instead of Genji Blade, Odin, and 30% Atk. Bye bye sweet 883 atk. ><

He's at 753 Atk, 6240 hp, 346 MP. Excalibur, Chiri, Black Cowl, Black Blet Gi, Bracer x2, DW, Blade Mastery, Power of Creation, and Man-Eater with Diabolos equipped.

I *think* Man-Eater is better than the 30% Atk for this.

And I can open up a couple friend slots for GAF if anyone needs.

Wait for Y'Shtola? I perused the reddit threads a bit earlier and saw a couple people say they did it without dual cast, but I'm really not sure how that would go. I felt it was easily the most important tool during my fight, even with 2 Nocti helping revive when they could.
Yea I appreciate the clarification. I will look into it more, maybe give it a shot once or twice. There's really no rush considering he's there for good, seemingly.

Andvary

First try I went for all the rewards but the No items. (Feat. Yoshi!)

I accidentally pressed the auto button when Gilgamesh was around 50% but luckily nobody died I and could recover XD

vKu3aWVl.png

Sencond Try I went for the no item reward, I used Bonkeng's Noctis (same equipment as mine) so I could use either one for the element sealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom