• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Kind of want to go in for some pulls in this banner, but I already have all the units except Ramza, don't like the Idea of increased chance for characters I already have. Maybe just dailies this banner than.

Malakhov

Banned
Just tried Gilgamesh trial for the first time. Everything was going swell until he decided to use electrocute even though I had a lightning elemental weapon. I don't remember where his treshold was, it was under 50% for sure, or maybe 30%. Am I missing something? He paralyzed? 3 of my 5 units and it went to shit from there.

Rixa

Just tried Gilgamesh trial for the first time. Everything was going swell until he decided to use electrocute even though I had a lightning elemental weapon. I don't remember where his treshold was, it was under 50% for sure, or maybe 30%. Am I missing something? He paralyzed? 3 of my 5 units and it went to shit from there.

You have 2 choices:

- Either use Thunder spell (Thunder / Thundara / Thundaga)
- Or use some Thunder ability (hybrid damage has to be or magic damage should work too?), for example Noctis Thunder Flask

Thunder weapon doesnt work, same with lightning physical damage doesn't work.

For example Sparkstrike (Lightning physical damage (1.5x) to one enemy) doesn't seal. I noticed this when I tried Sparkstrike and was Electrocuted badly (Kongbakpao guide has/had mistake).

Malakhov

Banned
You have 2 choices:

- Either use Thunder spell (Thunder / Thundara / Thundaga)
- Or use some Thunder ability (hybrid damage has to be or magic damage should work too?), for example Noctis Thunder Flask

Thunder weapon doesnt work, same with lightning physical damage doesn't work.

For example Sparkstrike (Lightning physical damage (1.5x) to one enemy) doesn't seal. I noticed this when I tried Sparkstrike and was Electrocuted badly (Kongbakpao guide has/had mistake).
Really? Crap, I was going to use lightning and have her do exactly this. So only Noctis's thunderflask or spells work basicly?

Sure wish I knew this first. It was going so well up until then.

Rixa

Really? Crap, I was going to use lightning and have her do exactly this. So only Noctis's thunderflask or spells work basicly?

Sure wish I knew this first. It was going so well up until then.

Yeah, if you only had noticed my post from 16h ago :(

Iam not exactly sure, would Ace dual wielding Fire Rod & Thunder Rod and casting Wild Card work. 40 nrg is kinda steep to test that theory :D
It should cover Fire, but not sure about Thunder.

Ken

U34yD1e.png

YOU'RE NOT RAMZA

Rixa

YOU'RE NOT RAMZA

Grats for nice TM haul :D.
Now get to work for:

- 2 Champion's Belt
- 1 Romadan Pistol
- 1 Equip GS
- 1 Equip HS
- 1 Some dual killer ability which name I don't remember
- 1 Equip SS
- 1 Robe
- 1 Holy (good for event ;))
- 1 Some random thunder weapon from some random cannon person

Also grats for getting Bedile.

bonkeng

Is that thunder seal with magic only or hydrid at 50% or 30%?

You can equip a thunder element weapon and combine it with hybrid skills. Just an example, if Noctis has Coral Sword and use Fire Flask, he'll deal Thunder+Fire hybrid damage, sealing Greg's Thunder Skill.

Vashetti

Banned
Oooh pulled my first Agrias today

New event on their FB page: post a screen of a unit you'd like to fuse a Trust Moogle with, post why, and your ID and we'll get these rewards

At the end of the event, all players will get rewards depending on the total number of discussion posts:

- 1,000 discussion posts: 40 energy
- 3,000 discussion posts: 1% Trust Moogle
- ????? discussion posts: 1 Summon Ticket

In addition, 10 random users who participated in the event will get one 5% trust moogle for their posted unit.

Rixa

Oooh pulled my first Agrias today

New event on their FB page: post a screen of a unit you'd like to fuse a Trust Moogle with, post why, and your ID and we'll get these rewards

I just don't get it (ever) that if they make a FB event and you are needed to post some pic to it the rewards are utterly garbage. It should be 25 randoms will get 10% Moogle and posters & all will get 5% Moogle atleast. Why bother.

Valentus

So now that we have this horrible banner, i must say that bushido-freedom makes ramza and dkc pretty competent damage dealers. But, if you indeed have bushido-freedom means you probably have better units to use XD

Xion86

Now with Trident the challenge was trivial, my biggest fear was not building up enough LB at the end. Literally anything would kill him so I defended with Xion's Noctis and he used Masamune nearly killing Cecil but that was pretty much it.

The following turn I used the Arminger I've built on the very last turn and I got everything. All things considered, this was fun as hell. I can't remember the last time I was so concentrated playing this game lol.

I did it with yours, thanks a ton man.

Weird, I can guarantee it works. Are you sure he use the ability Masamune? That's the one water attacks seal.

Brilliant! :D really happy to hear this, well done.

Today I'm going to tackle the 5 man team fight, just thinking who I should replace.

My 10 pull with the Lapis I saved sucked since I only got Mystea, the magic tank and Shirley, which is TM fodder.

However!

I got 25% in Trust Moogles. I can't be mad at all, lol

Wow :) didn't realise you can get Trust Moogles in +11 pulls in that version, pretty cool.

I need a bartz, since I pulled an olive during my restart. So I decided I'll use a ticket, daily pull and then 11 pull today...

No bartz three exdeath and my first Zidane. I'm really excited about pulling a Zidane, between this game and my previous one I never did that. I am frustrated because it means I still need to daily pull...

However, it does excuse me from pulling at all during of the player's choice banner.

Rixa

Just pulled for my daily and got a rainbow! Duplicate Olive so now I get to decide if I keep her or tm fodder... Leaning to keep.

What?

Are you seriously considering to sacrifice base 5* to use it as TM fodder?
You do know that you can use multiple copies of same unit in party?

Xion86

What?

I know right :| I got a second Shine, and both are going for 100%! Will take a while but worth it in the end.

Coppanuva

What?

Sparky takes forever (no I'm not serious about merging the tm). I'll just run with 2 olives when I can gear them up.

Rixa

I know right :| I got a second Shine, and both are going for 100%! Will take a while but worth it in the end.

I have 3 Shines :p. Now doing 1 Zidane 4 Arcs to 2 Omnirods. After Arcs Ill add Shines and some 4th unit (that Zidane is solo too).

So now that we have this horrible banner, i must say that bushido-freedom makes ramza and dkc pretty competent damage dealers. But, if you indeed have bushido-freedom means you probably have better units to use XD

you know whats good about having a great nuke materia?

Freedom to use units you actually like to see on screen

I want to get back to using units I like when i can

I need a bartz, since I pulled an olive during my restart. So I decided I'll use a ticket, daily pull and then 11 pull today...

No bartz three exdeath and my first Zidane. I'm really excited about pulling a Zidane, between this game and my previous one I never did that. I am frustrated because it means I still need to daily pull...

However, it does excuse me from pulling at all during of the player's choice banner.

I was weak and blew my saved lapis, but I got my bartz... now I actually have to tmr. Is switch controls really the best way for iPhone?

Malakhov

Banned
Gilgamesh trial is done, was a pretty interesting fight, very nervous at the end since I didnt want to screw up my LB finish.

My gilgamesh will be a beast in a week or two once my DKS and Quick Assault TM is done.

I cant seem to push him above 1000atk though:

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK+Dark Element
Left Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword+20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 5432 MP: 254 ATK: 968 DEF: 341 MAG: 216 SPR: 164

c-murph

Just got another of these :) fused 4

sYJl618l.png

Fuck man, I literally had 20 of them sitting in my inventory. I went ahead and fused half into the other half becuase I'm never going to get around to farming them... and if I ever do they'll be outdated. So, better to get one or two out of the pile then never use them at all.

Xion86

Fuck man, I literally had 20 of them sitting in my inventory. I went ahead and fused half into the other half becuase I'm never going to get around to farming them... and if I ever do they'll be outdated. So, better to get one or two out of the pile then never use them at all.

I've still got nearly most a page left! Haha. I'll get round them eventually. I have 4 free TM slots now, maybe my second Shine then 3 other units to fuse into each other (the two Shines will be going to 100%).

bonkeng

Gilgamesh trial is done, was a pretty interesting fight, very nervous at the end since I didnt want to screw up my LB finish.

My gilgamesh will be a beast in a week or two once my DKS and Quick Assault TM is done.

I cant seem to push him above 1000atk though:

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK+Dark Element
Left Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword+20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 5432 MP: 254 ATK: 968 DEF: 341 MAG: 216 SPR: 164

Currently, only Olive can get past 1k atk with 1175 being the highest.

Yun has the 2nd highest atk at 984. Followed by Greg.

Your Greg will still be monstrous with that set up.

Finally lost to the 4 Noctii + Ling dude in the arena. Feels bad, man.

I also benched Raitoningu, and I guess my A-team is now Noct, Olive, Greg, Refia, and either Raitoningu/Luneth. The last two spots on my team are filled by Eight scrubs.

Olive is a goddamned beast, by the way, and just did 500k damage to Brionac. She gives no fucks. It was in a chain, sure, but whatever: she lifts, bro.

I guess I'm doing a final farming push this weekend for more +ATK materia. Hot Karl's gonna drop his shit, then I guess I need an Omnirod and MAG+ for Waifu Fina.

bonkeng

Unless you have a Ring of Dominion. Hahaha...hah.

Lol forgot about that. I wonder who in GAF wipl get it first. I'm not crazy enough to farm that ring lol.

Olive is a goddamned beast, by the way, and just did 500k damage to Brionac. She gives no fucks. It was in a chain, sure, but whatever: she lifts, bro.

How else is she able to wield that cannon if she doesn't lift?

But yeah, she's a beast. True Shot can 1-shot Brionac even without chaining.

Xion86

Okay I'm finally ready with my 5 unit trial reward, here we go:

rEqdNOnl.png

Noctis: Light / Water / Earth weapon attacks
Refia: Thunder spell, debuffs, heal when needed, full revive on threshold kill.
Ling: Wind weapon and healing goodness
Lightning: Fire weapon + any other spell
Val's Noctis: Wind / Light weapon, Provoke, Cover.

And I'm free to use Elixers this time round.

Oh bonkeng I think it was your unit that helped me get through yesterday, were you sharing Noctis?

bonkeng

Okay I'm finally ready with my 5 unit trial reward, here we go:

rEqdNOnl.png

Noctis: Light / Water / Earth weapon attacks
Refia: Thunder spell, debuffs, heal when needed, full revive on threshold kill.
Ling: Wind weapon and healing goodness
Lightning: Fire weapon + any other spell
Val's Noctis: Wind / Light weapon, Provoke, Cover.

And I'm free to use Elixers this time round.

Oh bonkeng I think it was your unit that helped me get through yesterday, were you sharing Noctis?

Yeah shared Noctis with Excalibur+Chirijiraden.

Good luck with your rematch with Greg.

linkent

Yeah shared Noctis with Excalibur+Chirijiraden.

Good luck with your rematch with Greg.
Use yours and done all achievements in 1 go!
Read enough and prepared enough.
Thought i needed another DW, But i just F it and go without earth seal.
Bartz - Trident(spam wind barrage) - seriously should have make him equip wind dagger(spam water blade)
Cecil - wind dagger+black belt.
Refia - dualcast dispel/life/curaja
Noctis - holy/fire spam thunderflask
Bonkeng - same setup

Only strugle is mana on Bartz due to wind barrage spamming.
Would have been much more efficient with watera blade.
End up skipping provoke for many rounds by auto attacking both cecil/bartz.
Of course noctis is OP by providing mp with Cover and take turn Jumping.

Coppanuva

Joke post?

Yeah, even if I didn't want to use 2 olives (and wanted to use a different gun wielder should a good one come out), her weapon is too good to not want 2 copies of.

Now I'm stuck deciding what to do with my TM team though... right now I'm at:

4 Zidanes, (71.1, 44.4, 15.7, 43.7) 1 Olive (32.0).

My plan was to fuse the 71.1 and 15.7 Zidane for a Dual Wield in about 9%... but now I'm not sure who to take out. Obviously Olive isn't as good without the TM, but I have no other good guns (I have a Candy Cane one but it's on my current olive...). Is it worth swapping out 2 zidanes for mustadio's so I can get a Romadan Pistol to tide her over, then work on sparky when I can fuse the other 2?

My problem is really that I only have F2P gear so far... So even if I get some Dual Wields, I'm limited to wielding a bunch of free items and no excaliburs (though I do have 6 cecils)

Syntsui

Ok......
I really want Ramza...
I'll buy lapis for it you fucking game....
First paid pull of of day....

dkxGvhF.jpg

NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom