• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I'd be okay with a raid event if they weren't milking our equipment slots. I've spent I dunno how much money on equipment slots lately. I want the anniversary and get free slots because holy shit I think we could all use that.

FFXIV gear is useless unless you use those units so I'd just get rid of them if you have something equivalent. I only kept the jackets. Besides, it'll be back again for Garuda, lol

FFXIV gear is useless unless you use those units so I'd just get rid of them if you have something equivalent. I only kept the jackets. Besides, it'll be back again for Garuda, lol

The gear is best in slot for any new and F2Play people that snag these units

They are so easy to get its worth snagging the weapons and armor. Skip the accessories though

robotuw

Never tried SoM, but I did play Legend of Mana for about 30 minutes and had no freaking idea what I was doing or what was going on. Then I gave up.

CGwizz

YSHTOLA to my pc account is great since my healer is kinda bad, hope we can get her easy :p

Some noob questions, qhat we do when we get like the same 2 level 4 stars , you cant sell ..., you cant use to enhace, they just take space, or am i missing something, i have 2 Snows level 4

Muku

I got all the gear made for Y'shtola and Minfillia. Which actually has worked well when I've brought them into the fold for events/fights. Only character specific gear I have is Ariana, Y'shtola, and Minfillia. Mainly because only ones worth it and really can't afford to store it. That's why I didn't even bother with the shit in Mog King event. Might as well make that unit specific gear if the good stats aren't available unless placed on said character.

Alkez

No new banner is actually nice for once. Haven't done any dailies for about a week now so it means another week of savings for me.

New raid is cool. Hopefully it won't be too difficult again. Not really interested in a time sink.

The free unit TMs seem decent. One less Shine I need to grind for Chizuru arena evasion cheese, and mag TM seems good if you need to boost your mages health a bit, or don't have the mag +30%s yet (I've only just started my shantotto grinding this week so yay for me lol).

ftir1

Neo Member
Added. Please let us know when you are done with the trial

Hey mate, would love to get in on this trial too! Would've asked yesterday but had no energy to do it.

Id: 059.155.844

Added some of yah already as well, but would gladly accept more friends!

Muku

Finally got in to look at the news. Wow those rank rewards got nerfed. Think it's due to bots? Unless you are Rank 100 or higher no Moogle for you.

I also said Gumi that you can keep the 1% Moogle last time. Just give me a ticket to replace it. You nerfed the tickets overall and removed the Moogle completely. Fail.

This one is going to be on part with Ifrit or higher, correct? Hrm.

Rixa

YSHTOLA to my pc account is great since my healer is kinda bad, hope we can get her easy :p

Some noob questions, qhat we do when we get like the same 2 level 4 stars , you cant sell ..., you cant use to enhace, they just take space, or am i missing something, i have 2 Snows level 4

You prolly have setting that when you pull 4* unit it is locked by default (lock picture is Yellow instead gray). You should never sell 4* units and before fusing them ask here what to do with that unit. You can unlock those units ofc if you really want.

Finally got in to look at the news. Wow those rank rewards got nerfed. Think it's due to bots? Unless you are Rank 100 or higher no Moogle for you.

I also said Gumi that you can keep the 1% Moogle last time. Just give me a ticket to replace it. You nerfed the tickets overall and removed the Moogle completely. Fail.

This one is going to be on part with Ifrit or higher, correct? Hrm.

Same as Ifrit raid had. Maybe point rewards are better (more tix etc)?

Muku

I hope so, but not expecting much. But this is good because I have a Y'shtola #2 almost TM maxed. Worked on her TM a bit unintentionally while using her for this past Raid.

Did a daily. Got my hail mary Kain. Time to burn this last 159k coins for Gungnir #....5?

CGwizz

You prolly have setting that when you pull 4* unit it is locked by default (lock picture is Yellow instead gray). You should never sell 4* units and before fusing them ask here what to do with that unit. You can unlock those units ofc if you really want.

I have 2 Snows , 4 Jeans , 2 kefkas. Dont know what to do with them.

In that acount i have cecil, exdeath, CoD, Reberta, Bartz and Setzer. Should i sell or Enhance then?

Ofcourse i will keep one of them.

Need to start saving LB pots for Rikku. Going to use this raid to build up the stash. Hope I get many.

I gave the last batch to Zyrus and truth be told he's not going to see any use right now that I have TT and 2 Emperors.

Muku

Well okay... so pro tip, don't even bother with tickets. Ugh. Seriously, I think they've changed back to the way it used to be.

#1: Garnet (that is usually what pops out of Golds these days)
#2: Tellah
#3: Duane

Well okay... so pro tip, don't even bother with tickets. Ugh. Seriously, I think they've changed back to the way it used to be.

#1: Garnet (that is usually what pops out of Golds these days)
#2: Tellah
#3: Duane

You seem to have been having a string of bad luck pulls. Don't worry though, on the final day when you're totally fed up and ready to quit, Gumi will flip the switch and grant you a rainbow to keep you in the game.

Need to start saving LB pots for Rikku. Going to use this raid to build up the stash. Hope I get many.

I gave the last batch to Zyrus and truth be told he's not going to see any use right now that I have TT and 2 Emperors.

I was saving all mine for Rikku as well but now that I see we might not get her for a really long time, it was one of the reasons I pulled hard for Wilhelm. Now all my lb pots go to him.

Syntsui

I hope they don't nerf shit and only the biggest whales can beat Titan, I want to see hell on Earth and the biggest meltdown we've ever had.

Shouta

So catching up on news,

Seiken Densetsu 3 units! Yesssss! I'm a little sad Angela and Duran didn't make it in but Riesz, Hawkeye, and Kevin make way more sense as the ones to do. It's pretty awesome they're also doing the SD2 dungeon again and bringing back Randi, Primm, and Popoi. I'm totally going in on this.

New story for JP is out and it's taking a look at the situation involving
other countries in the world now. Notable, the kingdom of beastmen. There's an ongoing conflict between two factions, one looking to modernize and the other that resists that change and wants to stay close to nature. At the end of the first area, you find out the king of the modernization faction is actually human, which is surprising.

On season 2 character dynamics,
Lid, Jake, and Nicol have this new dynamic together instead of just Lid and Jake. She really likes Jake but won't admit it to herself. However, whenever Jake gets friendly with Nicol, Lid starts panicking and starts to want to get closer Jake only to pull back. Apparently, she thinks Jake swings both ways and she's worried he'll get with Nicol, lol.

The other new dynamic has to do with Lasswell's new mentor, Axter (sp?). He basically teases the fuck out of Lasswell as much as possible and gives him a ton of weird nicknames whenever Lasswell looks pathetic. Most recent example is when Lass gets sick from riding a chocobo and Axter calls him Pukewell. Axter is kind enough to get him a fruit that helps with the sickness but tells Lasswell, after he bites into it, that it's incredibly sour. Poor guy.

Muku

You seem to have been having a string of bad luck pulls. Don't worry though, on the final day when you're totally fed up and ready to quit, Gumi will flip the switch and grant you a rainbow to keep you in the game.

But is it? I dunno, seems like I've seen rumblings about it being pretty bad. I know my husband is in same position. What's frustrating is that it's on both accounts of mine as well. I'm already ready to quit in some ways. Not my main because it's doing well enough now. But I've kind of contemplated giving up my alt. It used to be my away from bs main account. Now my alt is the bs account. To be honest, wish we could just merge these TMs into one. I need a Reberta and Freyvia. -_-; Which will never happen. Also still WTB a fucking Zyrus.

Hoping whatever banner I use tickets on isn't horrible to me. I have a shit ton of Cactaur to use for whatever does drop.

Yep, Gungnir #5. And I have 20 more that I'm contemplating saving for next Kain that drops.

Camwi

During the first raid, you can get her as one of the rewards if you earned enough points. There was no need to buy her. You can also get her from the raid summons.

in the first 14 Raid....she was a reward for getting a shitton of points. I'd imagine they'll do the same.

Also pullable, but the rate was reallllllly awful.

Awesome. Glad I teamed up with you guys, because I could only handle the easier difficulties with Bahamut previous to that.

Finally got that damn Veritas out of my way. Hopefully now I can hit 10k Lapis by the anniversary and they put a good banner up. I'm definitely thinking something like a garunteed 5* on the first multi is being too hopeful.

I hope they don't nerf shit and only the biggest whales can beat Titan, I want to see hell on Earth and the biggest meltdown we've ever had.

You should probably check out the dokkan Reddit then. It's been an... eventful day. XD

I remember when I went into Ifrit with my chest swole, thinking I'd destroy him with my 2 Orlandu's and got wrecked! I sat there for a good 5 minutes processing it and ran to the forums in search of guidance. Good times, good times!

I already kinda felt that way about the ifrit raid. I pretty much only ran pro the entire time.

List what units you have now and we should hopefully be able to get you through elite.

I was saving all mine for Rikku as well but now that I see we might not get her for a really long time, it was one of the reasons I pulled hard for Wilhelm. Now all my lb pots go to him.

My issue is that with all these raids pots/moogles its taking up ever precious unit slots. We know we "should" be getting that 50 slot upgrade soon and I'm really trying to hold off on spending more lapis on additional slots.

So catching up on news,

Seiken Densetsu 3 units! Yesssss! I'm a little sad Angela and Duran didn't make it in but Riesz, Hawkeye, and Kevin make way more sense as the ones to do. It's pretty awesome they're also doing the SD2 dungeon again and bringing back Randi, Primm, and Popoi. I'm totally going in on this.

New story for JP is out and it's taking a look at the situation involving
other countries in the world now. Notable, the kingdom of beastmen. There's an ongoing conflict between two factions, one looking to modernize and the other that resists that change and wants to stay close to nature. At the end of the first area, you find out the king of the modernization faction is actually human, which is surprising.

On season 2 character dynamics,
Lid, Jake, and Nicol have this new dynamic together instead of just Lid and Jake. She really likes Jake but won't admit it to herself. However, whenever Jake gets friendly with Nicol, Lid starts panicking and starts to want to get closer Jake only to pull back. Apparently, she thinks Jake swings both ways and she's worried he'll get with Nicol, lol.

The other new dynamic has to do with Lasswell's new mentor, Axter (sp?). He basically teases the fuck out of Lasswell as much as possible and gives him a ton of weird nicknames whenever Lasswell looks pathetic. Most recent example is when Lass gets sick from riding a chocobo and Axter calls him Pukewell. Axter is kind enough to get him a fruit that helps with the sickness but tells Lasswell, after he bites into it, that it's incredibly sour. Poor guy.

I have to say that I really like the story in FFBE and love when new story content drops.

Rixa

I have 2 Snows , 4 Jeans , 2 kefkas. Dont know what to do with them.

In that acount i have cecil, exdeath, CoD, Reberta, Bartz and Setzer. Should i sell or Enhance then?

Ofcourse i will keep one of them.

- Keep Snows, fuse Kefka to Kefka, fuse 3 Jeans to 1 Jean.
-> Keep 1 Kefka, keep 1 Jean
- Max level Cecil and evolve when you can, Cecil will be your tank.
- Max level Reberta and evolve when you can (have the mats)
- Max level Setzer and evolve when you can (have the mats)
- Max level Exdeath and evolve when you can (have the mats)

^^
You need healer, Friday starts Raid event. Get Y'shtola from raid event she will be your main healer. Unless you pull Rem.

So in the future your party could be:

- Reberta (dps + chaining)
- Setzer (dps + chaining)
- Cecil (tank + 2ndary healer)
- Exdeath (mage dps) - or another dps unit that can go to 6*
- Y'shtola (healer)

Alkez

Are we sure there won't be a new lapis banner? They sometimes announce it later, maybe tomorrow.

No I'm not, but it's unlikely tbh. Most banners coincide with an event so seeing as the raid is the event I can't see a lapis banner showing up. Works for me though. Resources took some big hits over the last 4 weeks.

Lyrian

So......

Did anyone else look at the notes for the upcoming official macr....err.... "chocobo" system in June for JP and conclude: "Great! I can now TM farm 2 full teams at once?"

Send out a team of 3 stars on the chocobos and macro the 4/5 star teams via emulator (As lower base star units earn trust faster).

Anyone else reach a different conclusion than that?

So......

Did anyone else look at the notes for the upcoming official macr....err.... "chocobo" system in June for JP and conclude: "Great! I can now TM farm 2 full teams at once?"

Send out a team of 3 stars on the chocobos and macro the 4/5 star teams via emulator (As lower base star units earn trust faster).

Maybe this will be the only way to TM increase going forward outside of moogles?

Rixa

So......

Maybe this will be the only way to TM increase going forward outside of moogles?

Macrodays are over o_O?

CGwizz

- Keep Snows, fuse Kefka to Kefka, fuse 3 Jeans to 1 Jean.
-> Keep 1 Kefka, keep 1 Jean
- Max level Cecil and evolve when you can, Cecil will be your tank.
- Max level Reberta and evolve when you can (have the mats)
- Max level Setzer and evolve when you can (have the mats)
- Max level Exdeath and evolve when you can (have the mats)

^^
You need healer, Friday starts Raid event. Get Y'shtola from raid event she will be your main healer. Unless you pull Rem.

So in the future your party could be:

- Reberta (dps + chaining)
- Setzer (dps + chaining)
- Cecil (tank + 2ndary healer)
- Exdeath (mage dps) - or another dps unit that can go to 6*
- Y'shtola (healer)

Thanks for the tips, need that Y'shtola, until then Aiden will heal me slowly xD

Syntsui

I remember when I went into Ifrit with my chest swole, thinking I'd destroy him with my 2 Orlandu's and got wrecked! I sat there for a good 5 minutes processing it and ran to the forums in search of guidance. Good times, good times!

That was definetly the most fun event this game ever had. What seemed impossible, broken, stupid as fuck was actually a great fight where you had to gear your entire team accordingly instead of straight up nuking the boss.

It single-handedly resparked my interest in this game.

Finally got that damn Veritas out of my way. Hopefully now I can hit 10k Lapis by the anniversary and they put a good banner up. I'm definitely thinking something like a garunteed 5* on the first multi is being too hopeful.

You should probably check out the dokkan Reddit then. It's been an... eventful day. XD

That community is such a cesspool, I'm loving that.

List what units you have now and we should hopefully be able to get you through elite.

My issue is that with all these raids pots/moogles its taking up ever precious unit slots. We know we "should" be getting that 50 slot upgrade soon and I'm really trying to hold off on spending more lapis on additional slots.

I'm not too worried about the Titan raid. (Besides the apparent sneeze mechanic) During the ifrit one I could consistently run elt, however it took faaaaar to long and I had to actually play the game. In all of these grinds for Exvius I much prefer to either 1 shot everything or at least set up the abilities at the beginning and hit repeat till I win. I just dont have time to go hard on anything that's grindy. Only for the one time trial events do I enjoy using strategies and battling things that put up a fight.

I ended up purchasing a lot of slots recently myself. For both units and materials. I t really tired of the hassle.

Alkez

That was definetly the most fun event this game ever had. What seemed impossible, broken, stupid as fuck was actually a great fight where you had to gear your entire team accordingly instead of straight up nuking the boss.

Completely with you on this. Wasn't really feeling the game at that point but when I beat it I was like "this is why I play the game". It was so satisfying going away, thinking about it, putting the team together, and then actually getting it done. I've been really enjoying the game ever since. I think Gumi have really got it down now (though I haven't tried the recent trial which is meant to be all RNG).

Rixa

I have no idea

This is just JP at the moment right?

They never seem to fast track QOL features here so we have a nice long while of TM farming

And I havent read anything to suggest that .1% drops are gone

Yup. Maybe it would raise riot if they stop Macroing in global.

Pejo

I get your feeling on this, but I'm a little conflicted personally. I like when the game throws a challenge at us, but only to clear once and feel great about (Gilgamesh trial). I did not enjoy having to farm Ifrit on ELT after clearing it and getting the rewards once, so I went to PRO for 99% of the event.

I still think CNY was the absolute gold standard of events for this game. Switching it up daily, decent challenge. Probably took way more planning and resources for Gumi, but I really liked that setup.

That chcobo side thing sounds so damn good to me. I hate having to feel like I must macro to get ahead. TMs might actually make sense with the upcoming change.

So I'm trying to get to grips with team building now, despite only a minor need for it right now since you guys can carry most stuff.

So looking at my team it's a mess. I have Orlandeau as lead, then Lightning who doesn't really fit, dual wield and twin gungnirs puts her as one of my best still right now though. I have Snow who offers little in abilities so I figure I should prioritize Cecil. Luka can be swapped for the upcoming healer too.

That leaves me with Lightning and Sozhe out of place. Agrias would be ideal to swap in if she was 6*. But I'm trying to work out who to chain off with Orlandeau other than another friend. I also see you guys mentioned a finisher a few times. Like a big attack at the end of the chain I'm guessing? In which case, any decent 4*s for that?

So I'm trying to get to grips with team building now, despite only a minor need for it right now since you guys can carry most stuff.

So looking at my team it's a mess. I have Orlandeau as lead, then Lightning who doesn't really fit, dual wield and twin gungnirs puts her as one of my best still right now though. I have Snow who offers little in abilities so I figure I should prioritize Cecil. Luka can be swapped for the upcoming healer too.

That leaves me with Lightning and Sozhe out of place. Agrias would be ideal to swap in if she was 6*. But I'm trying to work out who to chain off with Orlandeau other than another friend. I also see you guys mentioned a finisher a few times. Like a big attack at the end of the chain I'm guessing? In which case, any decent 4*s for that?

Dont worry to much about a balanced 5 man team

Focus on the units you have as potential tools to clear content

Its a good idea to have Multiple Tanks, healer, DPS and support ready to go for any given content

Then you fill the 5 slots as needed from your pool of Viable units

jnWake

I'm hoping we get the Chocobo system. I'm too lazy to learn how to TM so the few TM's I have were built through regular play and TM Mogs, which is why I have very few TMs lol.

Dont worry to much about a balanced 5 man team

Focus on the units you have as potential tools to clear content

Its a good idea to have Multiple Tanks, healer, DPS and support ready to go for any given content

Then you fill the 5 slots as needed from your pool of Viable units

Ah ok, I guess it's generally gonna be a long haul thing then. How do you guys go about levelling units though? Using the vortex XP event seems to be a really low payoff versus things like the cactuar dunes or raids so I've been basically at the whim of whenever those events come up since it feels like a waste of NRG otherwise. It's not a major issue since like I say you guys are carrying me anyway I just have sooo many units to build up right now.

tuffymon

Ah ok, I guess it's generally gonna be a long haul thing then. How do you guys go about levelling units though? Using the vortex XP event seems to be a really low payoff versus things like the cactuar dunes or raids so I've been basically at the whim of whenever those events come up since it feels like a waste of NRG otherwise. It's not a major issue since like I say you guys are carrying me anyway I just have sooo many units to build up right now.

We'll probably get a ton of xp units from the raid summon, so try to manage until friday~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom