• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

I was curious so I checked and...
I got 155% trust worth of Moogles, they'll probably go for Rikku since her TM is amazing, but I might do a bit of ES with her before since I won't need it day one.

I'll make sure to keep 100% for my future Onion Knight ;)

How in the universe do you hang onto them? I've always got someone that I could immediately dump my moogles onto. If it wasn't for some ill-placed hope that some kind of rainbow special was coming with the anniversary, I would have dumped all of mine for May on someone already. (probably poor lonely Chiz, who I **still** don't have her Blade Mastery after almost a year... such failness :/ )

I've got 185% stocked up. I think I have a problem.

I have 114%. Also got 2 Noctis but Iam not in a hurry to get Ring of Luciis. By using Roctis they are now ~20% & 16%, raid events are great for upping their TM's :D.

Basically my problem is, that I havent got unit that is worth of Trust Moogles. Same thing with King Cactuars, 53 in inventory...

TM farming is on hiatus too, thanks to new event's and my phone being semibroken (should get new phone in 2 weeks time, will be Xperia XA1). I may use old phone as TM farming with Frep and when in wlan network :p

Lucreto

Those Chocobo stables in the towns is what this Chocobo questing is for?

I thought it was something you unlock later in the game but I just finished the Water Shrine and still nothing.

I have given up trying to get Rem, my army of Sice will have to do.

Rixa how can you say you don't have TM worthy units when you said you can get ring of Lucii? Shits so damn good! Mainly for the evade + MP regen counter.

Rixa

Rixa how can you say you don't have TM worthy units when you said you can get ring of Lucii? Shits so damn good! Mainly for the evade + MP regen counter.

Yeah but Iam not using Moogles to them, unless RoL gets unnerfed to give +atk & mag. Ill just let Noctis tm raise naturally. Obviously I will use the moogles, if I hit the wall :).

Syntsui

Hey guys haven't played since the Global launch is now a good time to come back? I hear Noctis is here and he's cool i guess.
We might get an anniversary event in the next couple of weeks with some cool stuff to start with but you could always try your luck right now and hoard some lapis.

How deep do you aspire to get into the game though? Most of the current content can be cleared with an OP friend but most of the weekly events require at the very least a competent team of your own for all the rewards.

Emilbus

Is Sice and King's weapon worth buying? Or should I just use the phantoma on the expensive 6* awakening materials? Pretty much bought everything that I want and can afford (everything except the cryst, most of the materia and 1% moogles)..

Ken

Is Sice and King's weapon worth buying? Or should I just use the phantoma on the expensive 6* awakening materials? Pretty much bought everything that I want and can afford (everything except the cryst, most of the materia and 1% moogles)..

i wouldn't go out of the way for them and you'll also have to consider the space they take up in your equipment slots going potentially forever unused.

i just grabbed them for collector reasons.

Xion86

i wouldn't go out of the way for them and you'll also have to consider the space they take up in your equipment slots going potentially forever unused.

i just grabbed them for collector reasons.

I end up grabbing stuff I'll probably rarely use for collector reasons on every one of these events haha, they just horde up in my inventory.

Back to saving up tickets now, up to 68 so far, will be sticking to Daily pulls in the next banner too. Oh I also managed to finally get Ring of Lucii! Equipped Noctis with it :).

Trying to decide how many Champion's Belts I need...hmm.

Lyrian

How is this new TM system abusable? Unless we can spend Lapis to instantly finish the run, I don't see anything wrong with it tbh.

Had not thought about that.... that's a solid point. I'm skeptical that Alim will allow "instant crafting" of explorations.

It's abusable in a sense that if it was meant to replace macroing via an officially sanctioned channel, it's not achiving that goal.

As currently presented by the devs, all the system does is make the TM problem **worse** by accelerating the quantity of TMs that can be farmed at one time by a player. Granted, the the problem can be nipped in the bud by eliminating the 0.1%s from random runs (given enough time in the future for everything to power creep away current TMs). But, let's see if Alim has the internal fortitude to actually go through with that and not be mauled by Global's playerbase for taking over a year to address the issue.

All that said, if Alim really does choose a hard stance on the issue, I'm expecting Gumi to "magically" implement this feature in very quick order on Global.

Vashetti

Banned
Cleared some friend slots since last night, sorry to remove you Gaffers, but you haven't played for 60+ days :(

730 ATK Noctis

:)

Lyrian

A question asked often I bet...

But Champions Belt vs a Bracer. I read that HP is almost always more desirable than defense.

Broadly speaking, more HP is roughly equivalent to defense against everything, while DEF is useless against a magical attack. Thus, HP has a more universal benefit than DEF.

The only slight wrinkle in that argument is that you need a way to heal that extra HP each turn for it to be effective. If a player can't heal the extra HP every turn, then it doesn't do the player much good to invest in that extra HP.

Like Muku, my pulls have been straight garbage. Done with dailies for near future.

And it looks like Wilheim will be here for another week. Gumi **really** wants to push the not-WoL meta on Global, it seems.

Broadly speaking, more HP is roughly equivalent to defense against everything, while DEF is useless against a magical attack. Thus, HP has a more universal benefit than DEF.

The only slight wrinkle in that argument is that you need a way to heal that extra HP each turn for it to be effective. If a player can't heal the extra HP every turn, then it doesn't do the player much good to invest in that extra HP.

And it looks like Wilheim will be here for another week. Gumi **really** wants to push the not-WoL meta on Global, it seems.

I'm not even pulling for him, I just want Abel for his TM lol. Gumi please unflag my account.

Signed,

A former whale.

Pulled an Edge yesterday and a Shadow today. Ninja meta never.

That's the smarts. Thanks

Kouriozan

If you have at least 2 Snow, definitely go for 2 champion's belt.
Firion with a Knuckle + 2 Champion Belt (+ enhancements) is going to be a very strong finisher with his Fin Briar +2 at 460% damage.

Awww, I'm sorry. :( I'd feel better about my uber shit pulls if I was at least saving GAF from them.

Fwiw my dailies have been pure trash for the last two banners now with his one bringing all new lows. Every unit has been blue without even a TM worth farming.

But hey, maybe we're getting all the bad luck out of the way ready for the anniversary.

Xion86

The only time you'll favor Champions Belt over Bracer is when you're using Knuckle build.

you favour champion belt if you are using fist weapon..
any other situation, bracer > champion belt :)

Guess this answers my previous question about me pondering how many Champion's Belts I should farm :) already have Bracers, so I'll probably fuse 3 Snow units together. I'll just go for 2 Belts overall.

ultra7k

So I've got a major stock pile of Trust Moogles for Reberta and some other dragon slayer that was featured during the Bahamut event just sitting there taking up major character slot space. Should I hang on to them in the hopes that I one day draw those characters?

Muku

So I've got a major stock pile of Trust Moogles for Reberta and some other dragon slayer that was featured during the Bahamut event just sitting there taking up major character slot space. Should I hang on to them in the hopes that I one day draw those characters?

If you have 20 and the space, yes. (Even if you don't have space and it won't be too much of a big issue, buy remaining space.) Soon as you sell them you'll get them.

I have saved up: 20 Moogles for Fryevia, 20 Moogles for Reberta, and 20 Moogles for Zyrus. Because apparently getting a Gold that isn't Garnet is a bitch and a half.

across

On the one hand, you're investing (or occupying, so to speak) 400 lapis for an eventual, high-value 5* base TM.
On the other hand, that eventuality is very far from guaranteed.

I got rid of my Fryevia and Reberta Moogles because I was reasonably sure they weren't going to pop out of a daily pull (then I got Olive out of a daily pull last week but whatever); I kept my Zyrus moogles because the 4* chances are, hypothetically, a bit better.

If you don't TM farm it may be worth it. If you don't habitually do 10+1 pulls I think it may not be. If you're strapped for unit slots due to being low on lapis, it's probably not worth it?

Ultimately only you can decide but my personal judgment was 'waste of slots'.

evangd007

I have 20 moogles for Fryevia because she is pretty reliant on having that weapon to reach her potential. However, if I don't get her once I clear my stash of lapis and tickets chasing Tidus/Ashe/Rasler/anniversary stuff, then they're gone.

Who knows though. We might get JP's moogle fusion QoL upgrade in the anniversary.

I have 20 moogles for Fryevia because she is pretty reliant on having that weapon to reach her potential. However, if I don't get her once I clear my stash of lapis and tickets chasing Tidus/Ashe/Rasler/anniversary stuff, then they're gone.

Who knows though. We might get JP's moogle fusion QoL upgrade in the anniversary.

We need moogle fusion ASAP

Muku

Dailies were meh.

Main: Firion (have they just upped his drop rate since the Dragon Killers banner? holy moly gotten him a lot, even beyond that banner)

Alt: Blue -> Gold .... Hope (I've now lost all hope.)

I've been wanting that Moogle Fusion forever. That's why Gumi will make sure it holds off as long as possible. I also want WoL ... and that is indefinitely on hold it seems.

At this point, I'm saving my lapis for the anniversary. Hoping it'll be good, I should be able to reach 20k lapis before then. Sitting on about 6 tickets as well with one 4* one as well.

Lyrian

I also want WoL ... and that is indefinitely on hold it seems.

Normally, I would be my usual grumbly self over the lack of 6* WoL. But, this doesn't faze me at all because this community is incredible and the very few instances where Wilheim will be absolutely needed will be easily covered by the GAF'ers sharing theirs with the rest of us.

Exvius-GAF is awesome like that :)

Xevren

Man thanks guys for all the adds, to say it's helped farming things immensely easier would be the biggest understatement ever.

Muku

Normally, I would be my usual grumbly self over the lack of 6* WoL. But, this doesn't faze me at all because this community is incredible and the very few instances where Wilheim will be absolutely needed will be easily covered by the GAF'ers sharing theirs with the rest of us.

Exvius-GAF is awesome like that :)

That's true. But at same time I'd like a third fourth (working on Snow right now) tank depending on situation. Just like having choices so I can take a damage dealer guest. Currently have capped White Knight Noel and Cecil. Working on Snow right now. And poor WoL... waiting at 80. Crying in a corner. Hoping one day he can join the big boys.

Alkez

Got a free friend slot available for any new gaffers I don't have. Sharing King for the mog king event but will be sharing Aileen come Friday (who I think should be good for the raid?)

632 536 652

Just a reminder for Titan raid: Aileen has innate Stone killer so pair that with Stone Killer Materia and Golem, and she will have 3x SK. I would imagine you could one shot him with double Aileen, and a good Finisher....maybe...maybe not...just sayin.

Just a reminder for Titan raid: Aileen has innate Stone killer so pair that with Stone Killer Materia and Golem, and she will have 3x SK. I would imagine you could one shot him with double Aileen, and a good Finisher....maybe...maybe not...just sayin.

Ill be counting on all the Gaffers that Pulled her Please and thank you

... minus the little wrinkle that she does earth damage with her best in slot weapon lol

... minus the little wrinkle that she does earth damage with her best in slot weapon lol

Titan has no resistances according to JPN so unless they change that it doesn't matter. If they do change it..then well I probably wouldn't use her lol.

Kouriozan

Yeah Aileen is MVP for this raid trial.
Stone Killer, Earth and Petrify resist skill.
I remember wiping over and over to Titan in FFXIV. I expect nothing less this time around :)
I did those with my brother and for the savage one I kept dying but my bro survived all along >.<
At least I never fall off the platform.

Broseybrose

Ill definitely be sharing mine. I doubt she'll have Artisan by the end of the raid though... I just pulled her.

Well actually I just pulled Marie.

Its been a great month damn!

ultra7k

On the one hand, you're investing (or occupying, so to speak) 400 lapis for an eventual, high-value 5* base TM.
On the other hand, that eventuality is very far from guaranteed.

I got rid of my Fryevia and Reberta Moogles because I was reasonably sure they weren't going to pop out of a daily pull (then I got Olive out of a daily pull last week but whatever); I kept my Zyrus moogles because the 4* chances are, hypothetically, a bit better.

If you don't TM farm it may be worth it. If you don't habitually do 10+1 pulls I think it may not be. If you're strapped for unit slots due to being low on lapis, it's probably not worth it?

Ultimately only you can decide but my personal judgment was 'waste of slots'.

Good call, thanks for putting that into perspective. I'll hold on to them for now, but the massive drop rates for Kain and Firion really accelerated getting the TM for them, so for now Gungnir is my top weapon which is pretty great, but I'm really trying to get Cecil's Excalibur at the moment.

creid

I'm at 14 Mikazuchis in 160 ELT clears, so about 8.75% rate. Safe to assume they did indeed double the bonus rate when they doubled the energy cost for currency events?

Lyrian

I'm at 14 Mikazuchis in 160 ELT clears, so about 8.75% rate. Safe to assume they did indeed double the bonus rate when they doubled the energy cost for currency events?

I'm at 9/135, or 6.67%.

Standard rates are generally accepted to be ~6% for ELT.

Reddit has also firmly reached a conclusion that rates are standard in this event.

Still ~9% rates are rather lucky overall.

Don't be me. I was hanging on to Frevia's TM's but thought I'd never pull her so I sold off most of them to make room. I did pull her with one of the recent free pullls and instantly regretted it. I'm going to hang on to Reberta's TM's indefinitely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom