• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok, I guess it's generally gonna be a long haul thing then. How do you guys go about levelling units though? Using the vortex XP event seems to be a really low payoff versus things like the cactuar dunes or raids so I've been basically at the whim of whenever those events come up since it feels like a waste of NRG otherwise. It's not a major issue since like I say you guys are carrying me anyway I just have sooo many units to build up right now.

Right now we get mog king and summon events at a regular basis, which are by far the easiest way to level units. But if you are in between those kind of events, there are several ways that are much more efficient than the vortex for unit EXP.

The most bang for your buck are explorations. If you bring the unit you are leveling solo with a good friend unit, there's a technique to maximize explorations to the tune of ~60k+ EXP all in one go. The main problem is that the process can take 15-20 minutes each run. Effective, but definitely time prohibitive.

An easier but less efficient way is to run the ADV level of the Beast of the Dark trial in the Chamber of the Fallen. It only costs 10 NRG and nets 30k EXP. Just solo it with a good friend unit and you will knock it out no problem. Just make sure to either equip Bushido Freedom or Ramuh as the esper so you can dispel Ifrit on the first turn, then attack with your friend unit. Rinse repeat in round two with Siren. The whole thing takes 30 seconds, tops.

Here's a general guide, which will also help explain the exploration trick.

Alright, I'll make a slot in a sec for ya, and prep up ole Ling~

She's set, don't forget to defend the first few rounds / chakra with her and bring a hiding unit like hayate that you can repeat hide~

Thanks! I accepted this morning before work. I'll give it a go tonight when I get home. I'm not familiar with the strat with her so a quick description would be great. Looking at the rewards, I'm assuming I only want one unit in with the hide ability and have them hide every single turn. They need to be equipped with Siren assuming your Lin has Ifrit and at some point in the fight I'll evoke Ifrit with your Lin. The last turn where I expect Lin to kill Siren, I can evoke Siren with my unit and they shouldn't die as I should finish her off on that turn. Sound right? In which case I just need to know what to use Lin's turns on assuming it isn't auto. So I defend for the first couple volleys they send out and then Chakra to heal before I actually start attacking Ifrit. What do I do from there?

I wonder why they feel the need to have another Raid event so soon. I guess to avoid providing new powerful units a little longer. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a new banner too. The sooner Wilhelm's goes away the sooner we'll get WoL's 6*. If this is anything like Ifrit it will be Pro for me ;p I want to finish farming Type-0 so I can finally try that exploration event and I still need to do the latest story too. Oh, better knock out those missions on the Crystal Tower before they go away as well. Yeesh, too much to do with that NRG haha

What the shit man.....I have run Crystal Tower ELT 15 times today trying to Libra a Red Dragon, that I somehow forgot to do the first time. I haven't seen a single one, and have only seen a green one maybe 4 or 5 times, and a yellow twice. What kind of ass tier rate is this bullshit.

ftir1

Neo Member
added. Enjoy your overpowered free items.

Got em done. Thanks so much mate, very much appreciate your help! Love my overpowered free items :}

~also is Gilga doable with other chars that have counter and complete physical evasion? Inspired me to work for it in the far far future.

Got em done. Thanks so much mate, very much appreciate your help! Love my overpowered free items :}

~also is Gilga doable with other chars that have counter and complete physical evasion? Inspired me to work for it in the far far future.

Should be doable w/ Noct and maybe Chiz . They have natural evasion means it's easier to get to full evade.

Dandte

Finally had time to tackle The Final Stage of the current Event and Echidna for the Moogles after Robertsan21 encouraged me to try them.

The Event was super easy...as expected with Gilga Cecil D. Fina. Yshtola and Marie
Echidna on the other Hand....i forgot about the status ailments and everything went into pure Chaos...i survived and i could have make a comeback...but then Yshtola decieid to claw Marie to death and everything ended in a desaster.

Next time she will be dead. Until then, is it possible to cheese Echidna?

Muku

Curious about this as well.

Also curious, the lower end fights of the Beasts and Echidna, how hard are they? Trying to prepare myself for them just haven't tackled them yet. Also don't want to bring in a group to get ROFLstomped if I need to take it more seriously at low end.

Right now we get mog king and summon events at a regular basis, which are by far the easiest way to level units. But if you are in between those kind of events, there are several ways that are much more efficient than the vortex for unit EXP.

The most bang for your buck are explorations. If you bring the unit you are leveling solo with a good friend unit, there's a technique to maximize explorations to the tune of ~60k+ EXP all in one go. The main problem is that the process can take 15-20 minutes each run. Effective, but definitely time prohibitive.

An easier but less efficient way is to run the ADV level of the Beast of the Dark trial in the Chamber of the Fallen. It only costs 10 NRG and nets 30k EXP. Just solo it with a good friend unit and you will knock it out no problem. Just make sure to either equip Bushido Freedom or Ramuh as the esper so you can dispel Ifrit on the first turn, then attack with your friend unit. Rinse repeat in round two with Siren. The whole thing takes 30 seconds, tops.

Here's a general guide, which will also help explain the exploration trick.

Thanks! I'll have to give the exploration one a go. I've usually got more time than NRG anyway so that should make a decent solution when in between events.

Shouta

Finished the new Farplane trials. They're a bit tricky if you want to get all the objectives in one go but not too bad if you do them separately. Lots of new toys to mess with during the Seiken Densetsu collab

Finally had time to tackle The Final Stage of the current Event and Echidna for the Moogles after Robertsan21 encouraged me try them.

The Event was super easy...as expected with Gilga Cecil D. Fina. Yshtola and Marie
Echidna on the other Hand....i forgot about the status ailments and everything went into pure Chaos...i survived and i could have make a comeback...but then Yshtola decieid to claw Marie to death and everything ended in a desaster.

Not that I know of

Shes custom built to pit teams to the test

i think she is immune to being one shotted as well

tuffymon

Thanks! I accepted this morning before work. I'll give it a go tonight when I get home. I'm not familiar with the strat with her so a quick description would be great. Looking at the rewards, I'm assuming I only want one unit in with the hide ability and have them hide every single turn. They need to be equipped with Siren assuming your Lin has Ifrit and at some point in the fight I'll evoke Ifrit with your Lin. The last turn where I expect Lin to kill Siren, I can evoke Siren with my unit and they shouldn't die as I should finish her off on that turn. Sound right? In which case I just need to know what to use Lin's turns on assuming it isn't auto. So I defend for the first couple volleys they send out and then Chakra to heal before I actually start attacking Ifrit. What do I do from there?

You have to do 2 separate runs, as evoking an esper is death to that unit after, and that fails the large sword mastery run. hide is a little random, its like 3-5 rounds, but yes just have them hide the whole fight. the second time (assuming you want the moogle), you bring 2 hiders, one with ifrit the other siren, and sacrifice one to summon whenever the bar is full. ling has perfect resistance to fire, water, and dark and will be fine after the dark debuff wears off (thats why she'll take some dmg for the first few rounds, chakra as necessary...) once it wears off you're golden to target ifrit and attack/hide, and setup a macro to hit repeat... this will take longer then the gilga fight, so plan accordingly with energy recovery~

@Dandte I think I've heard of a Noctis (i'll need to see what that entails later) being able to do it with timing of the jumps on charm rounds... otherwise not easily for sure...

My friends list is super empty... hoping to get some people on it.

835 818 171

Added you. I'm currently sharing King for the event, but usually put up a top tier Orlandu.

I decided to burn 55% of my trust moogles to get a second Ring of Lucii just now. So I can easily join the 100% evade club for whenever that's needed. Also, Wilhelm with the ring of Lucii is awesome.

Kouriozan

I was curious so I checked and...

1sDcosql.jpg

I got 155% trust worth of Moogles, they'll probably go for Rikku since her TM is amazing, but I might do a bit of ES with her before since I won't need it day one.

I'll make sure to keep 100% for my future Onion Knight ;)

Lyrian

I got 155% trust worth of Moogles, they'll probably go for Rikku since her TM is amazing, but I might do a bit of ES with her before since I won't need it day one.

How in the universe do you hang onto them? I've always got someone that I could immediately dump my moogles onto. If it wasn't for some ill-placed hope that some kind of rainbow special was coming with the anniversary, I would have dumped all of mine for May on someone already. (probably poor lonely Chiz, who I **still** don't have her Blade Mastery after almost a year... such failness :/ )

Kouriozan

How in the universe do you hang onto them? I've always got someone that I could immediately dump my moogles onto. If it wasn't for some ill-placed hope that some kind of rainbow special was coming with the anniversary, I would have dumped all of mine for May on someone already. (probably poor lonely Chiz, who I **still** don't have her Blade Mastery after almost a year... such failness :/ )

Extreme hoarding (I pretend I don't have those :lol) I didn't even get the ones from Echidna or Gilgamesh yet.
They are like the elixirs of this game, you keep them then you finish the game without using those at all.

I was busy today. Beat ELT empire and Echidna. Shout out to Celegus and DrROB!

Wilhelm actually took me way longer than Echidna.

Let's get this new raid rolling!! Friday, here we come.

Xion86

Hi all!

Finally back from my 2 week holiday visiting family in the US. Back to the daily grind (as well as the TM grind which I'll be starting back on tonight!).

I managed to have some free time today to start and finish The Empire of Light and Dark which I'm glad I got out of the way. Was surprised that it was slightly easier than some past exploration events (not that I'm complaining). For The Battle of Judecca I grabbed a Guard Purecryst today and think I'll be able to grab a 30k item before the event ends (sitting on 24k at the moment).

Currently got the following on my TM team: Sozhe, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow.

Also it's quite surprising to see another Raid come around so quickly! Should be an interesting one (very much looking forward to all the chest rewards we get from Raids).

Anyway I'll be more active on here now that I'm back :) (I have been keeping up with all the pages each day by the way, just so I don't miss out on something haha!).

My friends list is super empty... hoping to get some people on it.

835 818 171

Hey mate, would love to get in on this trial too! Would've asked yesterday but had no energy to do it.

Id: 059.155.844

Added some of yah already as well, but would gladly accept more friends!

Hi! My ID is 646,258,183

Been lurking this party since soft launch, think it's time to change that. The trials still give me hell (stuck on Gilga), but I love trying. Add me!

369 135 675

I'm just a newbie but if anyone wants to add feel free. ID is 754 324 878

Lovely to see a surge of new GAF friends. I've managed to make room for all of you and sent a request over. Have fun :)

Broseybrose

Did some culling of inactives and have a few spots open for the new peeps.

350 186 594

858ATK Noctis with double Dragon Killer (Odin/materia) for Event

Edit - Thanks for grouping everyone into one post Xion, now I can send invites myself!

Celegus

I was busy today. Beat ELT empire and Echidna. Shout out to Celegus and DrROB!

Wilhelm actually took me way longer than Echidna.

Let's get this new raid rolling!! Friday, here we come.
Yay! My Noctis can solo dps Wilhelm pretty easily if you bring someone with entrust. That's what I did on my wife's account to ensure the LB kill, just take Y'shtola Cecil and Ling then keep refilling Noctis LB for that sweet sweet level 25 Armiger. Too bad Fixed Dice is only at 80%, he would be pretty terrifying with that as a LB machine.

I've got 185% stocked up. I think I have a problem.

This. As soon as I get them they are spent. I commend the diligence of some of you folk around here with your ability to hold onto things. Most tickets I've been able to stack is 15. Moogles.......I don't even try. Get em and they are eaten immediately lol.

tuffymon

Normally I use them to speed up the process of Tm farming to quickly get to the next unit (if I don't have something amazing that needs them ie dual wield quality)... but I'm scrapping the bottom with Agrias2, Tilith, Guy, Lawrence, Seven... I'd feel funny if I used anything on this batch >.> 80% saved with a 5% shine held as well...

Ken

I've been sitting on all my Moogles as well though I'd toss a 1% at units if I caught them exactly on 99.0% just to make unit space.

In my mind, the ideal situation I'd use them in is if I couldn't clear a time-limited event without x TMR (preferably a 5* base since you can two day express lower rarities) but I doubt such a situation will ever exist especially as time goes on.

Celegus

This. As soon as I get them they are spent. I commend the diligence of some of you folk around here with your ability to hold onto things. Most tickets I've been able to stack is 15. Moogles.......I don't even try. Get em and they are eaten immediately lol.

I have over 100 tickets on top of my 185% moogles... that's definitely my personality though. I'm not a hoarder by any stretch, but I'm also careful about where I spend my resources.

Sitting on 140% of Moogles. 20% more from monthly arena in a couple of days and I still haven't done the Willhelm event so that's another 10%. Goal is to get both Rikku and Tidus TMs right after pulling them.

Also sitting on 15 Rainbow Robe and 13 Sparky moogles in case I ever pull a 2nd of either Marie or Olive.

greyshark

I'm sitting on about 160% as well - I can't bear to "waste" a moogle on a unit I can farm 5 of - it's silly since i don't get the benefit for the weeks/months I'm sitting on them. I've only used them on 5* base units to this point.

Kouriozan

I'm glad I took the time to summon and fuse all those FP units, that way I had Dragon Killer for Bahamut and now Stone Killer for Titan.
I wonder when Aquan Killer will be used.

Okay, this Zoldaad event is just fantastic. I loved the narrative. I now really want Wilhelm, so, desire sensor engaged.

Cleared him easily with Ling, Cecil, Refia, Orlandu, and a box of Valentine's Chocolates.

Bring on the Raid, I say.

It's funny, because as much as my desire to play FE: Heroes and FFRK has completely dwindled, I'm all about FFBE. Probably because there's actually an interesting narrative.

Kouriozan

Okay, this Zoldaad event is just fantastic. I loved the narrative. I now really want Wilhelm, so, desire sensor engaged.

Cleared him easily with Ling, Cecil, Refia, Orlandu, and a box of Valentine's Chocolates.

Bring on the Raid, I say.

It's funny, because as much as my desire to play FE: Heroes and FFRK has completely dwindled, I'm all about FFBE. Probably because there's actually an interesting narrative.
Then you'll LOVE the story events, we should get the first one really soon. (Personally I'd guess in 2 weeks)
No Rain/Lasswell/Fina in it, it'll be about
Fohlen we just met
in the latest story expansion.
Once again it connect to
Zoldaad/Jake

Lyrian

Then you'll LOVE the story events, we should get the first one really soon. (Personally I'd guess in 2 weeks)
No Rain/Lasswell/Fina in it, it'll be about
Fohlen we just met
in the latest story expansion.
Once again it connect to
Zoldaad/Jake

It will be interesting to see if a paid banner is announced tonight for the coming week with there being a free raid banner incoming, or if Wilheim will be there for another week.

I can't see a second FFBE banner running at the same time, so if there is something else coming perhaps it might be one of those 1-week global exclusive events for players to burn their EN upon?

across

I'll confess this was a minor but contributing factor in my pulling for him. It's a simple trope of a characterization, but it's one that's always appealed to me.

I've been a bit stitched up with him though. I'm sure he'll come in handy for Titan, but I want to max his LB before I awaken him to 6* and max him. But I don't have any LB pots left. Alas...

I was hording my LB pots for Rikku, but my inventory space was hurting too much. I kept my King pots but used all of the small ones on a fresh Garnet. She's 10/15 now. I should easily get her to 15+ with the new raid.

fionel

I'm bummed about chocobo quests being delayed for another month. It's a very much needed measure of gaining TMs for people who don't macro that should have been implemented ages ago. Better late than never I guess.

Having said that, it's not going to stop people from macroing on the side. I mean what am I going to do with all that stamina anyway? ;) I'd actually rather have the Chocobo quests consume stamina and let me gain trusts at an even more efficient rate.

Syntsui

Those dispatch missions will consume stamina? I thought it would be something like crafting while we focus on the actual game, disappointing.

Celegus

Those dispatch missions will consume stamina? I thought it would be something like crafting while we focus on the actual game, disappointing.

No, fionel was saying it would be better if it did consume stamina and earn TM rank faster or equal to macroing. The plan now is that it won't use stamina, but for min-maxers, that's pretty much just another meter to keep track of and still macro.

Syntsui

No, fionel was saying it would be better if it did consume stamina and earn TM rank faster or equal to macroing. The plan now is that it won't use stamina, but for min-maxers, that's pretty much just another meter to keep track of and still macro.

Good, I don't want another stamina drain with all these mog king events <.<

fionel

Good, I don't want another stamina drain with all these mog king events <.<

What about outside of mog king events? ;)

I know there are already tons of content in the game and a lot of ways to spend your stamina on, but for someone like me who has pretty much finished all the story/trial content, TM farming is like the only thing I want to spend my stamina on that doesn't feel like it went to waste. And I hate TM farming even with macroing. It's like a stupid addiction that I want to get rid of but can't.

Syntsui

What about outside of mog king events? ;)

I know there are already tons of content in the game and a lot of ways to spend your stamina on, but for someone like me who has pretty much finished all the story/trial content, TM farming is like the only thing I want to spend my stamina on that doesn't feel like it went to waste. And I hate TM farming even with macroing. It's like a stupid addiction that I want to get rid of but can't.
Those are for the macros, the possibility of training two teams excite me.

Lyrian

That's pretty much how I see it currently.

--> Choose Chocobo Exploration team members
--> Click/tap to start "off-camera" exploration
--> Timer starts until exploration is complete.
--> Check back in X amount of time to collect exploration reward.

No different from any of the multitude of other games with a manual "collect hourly currency ration" mechanic in them.

As mentioned by others earlier on the page, if Alim doesn't turn off the 0.1% random TM pickups from ES farming or general adventuring, all this system does for the seasoned veteran is to essentially grant a second, albeit slower, TM farming team doesn't require lapis investments at all.

It's a nice system for the more casual player. There's no doubt about that in the slightest. But, reading the tea leaves from the commentary posted on the various boards, the gut feeling tells me that Alim delayed the system another month to figure out how to prevent the vets/whales from just abusing the hell out of this system.

Because, as I implied earlier, it took me all of 4 seconds (give or take) to realize how abusable the system will be unless as currently presented. And if I rationalized it out that quickly, Alim has to be keenly aware of the double-edged sword this system will be to the game. (Not withstanding that macroing has already FUBAR'd the progression system in the game already... but for most of the macro'd TMs, they can be eventually power creeped away to resolve this issue if Alim wants to make up its mind on how to definitely handle the issue once and for all).

fionel

I know my idea of using stamina on dispatch quests would be unacceptable to many, but if they made it more or equally efficient than earth shrine farming, it would immediately render the latter meaningless which in turn has the following effects:

+ nobody would farm from ES anymore, thus saving users' precious time and phone battery
+ their servers would benefit from less load
+ people can actually enjoy the game part of the game and not this fucking horrible TM grind

- people who breath TM farming will suddenly have a void in their daily routine (I'm not kidding)
- less attention required from users which could dangerously translate to less attach rate

I believe the last point is why they've left ES farming alone for so long. Even with macroing you are dedicating a huge amount of time and are actively invested into the game. For most people, the more you're invested into something, be it time or money, the harder it is to quit!

As for current plan without stamina usage, the biggest merit it has is just that it's there to help causal players get their hands on otherwise practically unobtainable TMs, which is great and I'm for it 100%. At the same time it encourages vets/whales to continue grinding away and widens the gap of haves/have-nots. This is why I think having stamina usage would solve the problem as it would just become a streamlined way of TM farming, instead of creating a second way to TM farm!

bonkeng

That's pretty much how I see it currently.

--> Choose Chocobo Exploration team members
--> Click/tap to start "off-camera" exploration
--> Timer starts until exploration is complete.
--> Check back in X amount of time to collect exploration reward.

No different from any of the multitude of other games with a manual "collect hourly currency ration" mechanic in them.

As mentioned by others earlier on the page, if Alim doesn't turn off the 0.1% random TM pickups from ES farming or general adventuring, all this system does for the seasoned veteran is to essentially grant a second, albeit slower, TM farming team doesn't require lapis investments at all.

It's a nice system for the more casual player. There's no doubt about that in the slightest. But, reading the tea leaves from the commentary posted on the various boards, the gut feeling tells me that Alim delayed the system another month to figure out how to prevent the vets/whales from just abusing the hell out of this system.

Because, as I implied earlier, it took me all of 4 seconds (give or take) to realize how abusable the system will be unless as currently presented. And if I rationalized it out that quickly, Alim has to be keenly aware of the double-edged sword this system will be to the game. (Not withstanding that macroing has already FUBAR'd the progression system in the game already... but for most of the macro'd TMs, they can be eventually power creeped away to resolve this issue if Alim wants to make up its mind on how to definitely handle the issue once and for all).

How is this new TM system abusable? Unless we can spend Lapis to instantly finish the run, I don't see anything wrong with it tbh.

It benefits everyone, to the macroers and non-macroers alike.

And since it still takes time, and also renders the units involved unusable, i think it's a fairly good system. Specially for the nonmacroers who solely rely on trust moogles.

The whales will always get the TMs they want, with or without the new system. It doesn't really change anything for them.

Unless there's something i missed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom