• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Check first to be sure, but I think Gem Vortex 15 nrg dungeon gives 80 rank xp, maybe do one of those first then something else? Is there reason you would burn Lapis to nrg beside tm farming?

Unfortunately I'm like 40 rank xp from a rank up :( I was planning to rank up and just burn all the NRG on support gem vortex for Ramza and Chizzy but I did a low xp story mission.

No real reason to spend the lapis other than to make up for lost NRG really. Originally I was going to use it for TM farming until I realised maintenance was close. I'm just a perfectionist and it irritates me that I wasted it lol. But it's not a big deal.

So 19 Tickets, 3 4 star+ Tickets, a 10-pull netted my Dark Knight Cecil aaaaaaand, Riesz!

Damn, congrats. That 3% rate is no joke.

fionel

Daily pull, 2 Gold tickets, and 6 tickets later...

four 4*s
Ouga
Chizuru
Wind Veritas
Primm

and not even a single PoiPoi!

Well at least I got a 75% bonus character and 2 TMs I could use!

Lyrian

Nazta reporting no changes in Titan's skillset from JP. Reddit desperately hoping for a stat nerf (will know once server comes up) or else it's going to be Ifrit (or worse?) all over again. Dreading the thought... Wilheim required?

-- New raid summon: Kelsus. Summon banner lasts all of June and July and should be available as soon as the servers come up.

-- Folhen receives Speedster enhancements as part of his base kit on Global.

-- The rest of the killers were made to be non-stackable. As expected, Yda's TM is non-stackable as well.

Game is up on iOS.

Damn good daily calendar this month.
1000 lapis, 6 tickets, 2 mooogles, 2 king cactuars, 2 king snappers, and a bunch of the vision shards.The shards are a new currency that you earn by doing your normal stuff and can be used to get a free rainbow (Kelsus) by month's end.

Any idea what the blue crystal looking things are on the daily reward calendar after the vision shards day? NRG pots?

So yea, when do we actually get the shards? I've done a few runs of mog event, and completed the daily quests and haven't seen any...

We noticed that over on the Discord chat, as well.

Either Gumi forgot to turn on the vision shards or the announcement should have said 6/2 - 7/1 and it goes live tomorrow.

Kouriozan

I'm thinking tomorrow as well with Titan or Gumi forgot and will give some as compensation.

EDIT : Reddit says support answered it only start tomorrow.

SeanTSC

Lol. Spent my 329,917 Baha-Coins and ended up at 673/200 units. So I decided to YOLO pull my last 5 regular tickets on the Rem banner to try for an off banner Zyrus (only have 1).

Anzelm
Aileen <-<-<-
Sice
Lani
Trey

Good times.

We noticed that over on the Discord chat, as well.

Either Gumi forgot to turn on the vision shards or the announcement should have said 6/2 - 7/1 and it goes live tomorrow.
Yea, sounds like a 50/50 toss up haha.

Gotta remember to check the Discord chat more!
Lol. Spent my 329,917 Baha-Coins and ended up at 673/200 units. So I decided to YOLO pull my last 5 regular tickets on the Rem banner to try for an off banner Zyrus (only have 1).

Anzelm
Aileen <-<-<-
Sice
Lani
Trey

Good times.
Damn, congrats man!

Camwi

I need to remember that new events don't start until Friday. I keep getting excited to try them after the Thursday update. :/

evangd007

Don't enhance anything that won't be vital for you to clear current content. The crysts are extremely limited and by the time you pull any of the top tier units, you still probably won't have enough crysts for their skills.

Edit: If you really want to enhance something, enhance Warcry, that's the only meta-important skill Mercedes has unless you pull Tidus.

I enhanced Warcry a long time ago. Best thing I've done.

EDarkness

Hey Valentus, thanks for the awesome Lightning. I was able to finish off the Gilgamesh trial with no trouble. Felt a little cheap, but a win is a win. Got all of the items from the boss, too.

I haven't been pulling much recently since the characters they've been including have been pretty unappealing. I'm still shocked at how few moves King has overall. It seems like lately they've been delaying giving us good characters for some reason. Not sure why that is, but I pretty much stopped pulling because of that. Not sure what their love for Type-0 is, but I wish they would stop using those guys.

I'm WAY behind with the story and haven't seen the need to mess around with it that much. I just recently unlocked Carbuncle after ignoring that guy for months and still don't know what to do with him. Overall, been pretty chill with this game. I've decided that I won't waste a bunch of time with it since I'm not happy with the way pulls are these days, but at least the lack of awesome characters makes this decision easier. Should probably mess around with the story a bit more, but it's so bad I don't really care that much. Heh, heh.

Congrats to everyone who got 5* units recently.

Xion86

Daily pull: Freya

Damn. That is quite the investment. I feel like by the time I acquired all the materials a new and better magic unit will be available.

This is one reason why I'm holding off upgrading anything until I feel like I REALLY need it for a unit I have to clear something easier :) I'll just keep hoarding for now,

Also is there anyone from the UK that bought that £8.99 bundle? I'm not sure if it's worth it for the price.

Was this the Gold Chest of Abundance? I wasn't that bothered about it and held off for a long time, but then ended up grabbing it last week whilst I was on holiday :/.

Valentus

Kelsus was the winner of ffbe fanart contest in jp. 6 fanarts were put into unis

.eJwFwW0SwxAQANC7OID1sRFymx2UdKSUza9M7973HnHPJg5Rmcc6ANK5Yp9JLu6TSpal99IyjXPJ2C8gZor1yh9eYJxC7TY0qBF3rZ0Hq4O3aHxAFfbNKu-hflN-0d1YvkcRvz9MVSOL.hYdCEKBKNo1uv5OBvW_tl6AzPw8

.eJwNyFEOAxEQANC7OICZwVrdy4ggVrNKmKYfTe_e_XzvK97zEoc4mcc6AFJdsc8kF_cZSpal93LlMOqSsTcIzCGeLb94gbJoyG5GGTJmJ7IOND2cvoFKO7uh3h3UVrxCukuhD58wk0eSz1HE7w_y3yYb.LU7u2NyJooq5FEw2u3O13XqLiiM

.eJwNyEEOgyAQAMC_8AB2FxDRzxgCBGmkEFjTQ9O_1-PMV9zjErs4mfvcAWKZoY0oJ7fhc5K5tXwl38uUoVXwzD6cNb15grJoyC5GGTJmJbIONG1OP0ClnV1QrxuUmg-F9JTCw3_8iAca-epZ_P7zESYf.zWDWWUKn7WRM0EoDUbu0qIMVPKY

.eJwVyEEOwiAQAMC_8ADYpRSwnyEbIBRThMAaD8a_q8eZt3jOSxziZB7rUCrVFftMcnGfVLIsvZcr06hLxt4UMVM8W37wUtqCQbsbbdAYh2i92vDmtz8AtHa7N6BqK0EDul9AoBfNFNDK-yji8wXxWyYU.lmycmMP0sYrBWr23ytqGkvo0X8o

.eJwVyEEOwiAQAMC_8ACWBQrYz5ANNBRThMAaD8a_q8eZt3jOS-ziZB5rB8h1pT6zXNwnlUOW3st10KhLpt6AmCmd7XjwAu2URbdZbdFaj-gCGLwF84dSWvstWITaStQK_S9UpBfNHNHI-yji8wXxYyYS.RGCo8OxTlHNCl7OzOlCNcbLxiB4

.eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGABj4gDJMhECRKhCQeCoj6q7t33evcU9LrGLk7nPHSCWGdqIcnIbPieZW8tX8r1MGVoFz-zDWdOTJ2ijCM1KmpDIIhoHC25u-cOuv9jIOSg1H1qhVVqrw7_8iIey8tGz-HwB9DwmKg.R0H0uemYQikCZLLfTRyKikkNmEw

.eJwFwW0OAxEQANC7OABmfO5eRgSxmlXCbPqj6d373pc962Ynu4jmPoXIbaexMt80VqyF1zHqXeJsm6fRRSSK6erlTVuglRqs0ahBawdgvVBweKWNkx7RgHXqEK3XgBKcRJQhfuLKASR_zcp-f_MrJh0.dXwInTVFz6CuSpr_3guG-iMsiCg

Doctor_No

I'm most interested in Kelsus' TM headgear; which gives LB boosting passive. Would go great with Rikku or any other unit needing their LB gauge boosted.

-- New raid summon: Kelsus. Summon banner lasts all of June and July and should be available as soon as the servers come up.
This is such a strange character. "Black Mage" that actually is more of an Elemental Monk due to the LB + elemental skills that focus on Physical damage and innate Fist Dualweild. I suppose 2x Kaiser Knuckles and 2x Champion's Belt will be his BiS for weapons / accessories.

Edit:
Kelsus was the winner of ffbe fanart contest in jp. 6 fanarts were put into unis
.eJwNyFEOAxEQANC7OICZwVrdy4ggVrNKmKYfTe_e_XzvK97zEoc4mcc6AFJdsc8kF_cZSpal93LlMOqSsTcIzCGeLb94gbJoyG5GGTJmJ7IOND2cvoFKO7uh3h3UVrxCukuhD58wk0eSz1HE7w_y3yYb.LU7u2NyJooq5FEw2u3O13XqLiiM
Just saw this. The moveset / dual fist thing makes more sense now. Also, DAMN IS THAT COOL! Even if his moveset isn't all that, I still want him now. ^_^

I'm most interested in Kelsus' TM headgear; which gives LB boosting passive. Would go great with Rikku or any other unit needing their LB gauge boosted.
It should also be fantastic for LB farming vs Ifrit.

Put that on a character that is geared for complete Fire Damage reduction. Give them a fire element weapon and then auto attack. Neither them nor Ifrit should harm each other, but they'll still gain LB each turn in order to endlessly spam their LB.

It should also be fantastic for LB farming vs Ifrit.

Put that on a character that is geared for complete Fire Damage reduction. Give them a fire element weapon and then auto attack. Neither them nor Ifrit should harm each other, but they'll still gain LB each turn in order to endlessly spam their LB.

When Noctis was released one of the things I wanted to turn him into was a LB spamming monster with Ling and Armiger. However, seeing as it's not a single hit finisher I didn't bother with it.

Pejo

Neat free unit idea. Finally a use for those Kaiser Knuckles and Champion belts. I couldn't remember when the Bahamut raid summon ended, and panicked because I forgot to spend my coins before the maint last night. I'm really happy it's still here today.

Anyways, I played around a bit on the FFBE Unit calculator to see some viable builds for Rem as a healer and a magic unit. Here are the two builds I'm considering:

Rem 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Survival Edges +32ATK+10%HP+Wind Element
Left Hand: Defender's Daggers +12ATK+68MAG+35SPR +15%MAG w/Rem
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Great Mage's Robe +40DEF+30MAG/SPR+20%MP
Accessory 1: Ribbon +5MAG+5SPR+100%Status Resistance
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Love +30%HP/MP
Ability 2: Deep Thoughts +30%MP +10%MAG/SPR
Ability 3: Fairy Wisdom +25%MAG +5%MP
Ability 4: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 85 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3200 MP:5700 ATK:1800 DEF:3200 MAG:4300 SPR:6000
Total Stats: HP: 5410 MP: 676 ATK: 206 DEF: 231 MAG: 666 SPR: 515

This one brings status immunity and good HP/SPR values, with surprisingly decent MAG still.

Rem 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Survival Edges +32ATK+10%HP+Wind Element
Left Hand: Defender's Daggers +12ATK+68MAG+35SPR +15%MAG w/Rem
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Ability 2: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Ability 3: Fairy Wisdom +25%MAG +5%MP
Ability 4: MAG +30% +30%MAG
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 85 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:2800 MP:6200 ATK:1600 DEF:1100 MAG:5900 SPR:4500
Total Stats: HP: 4254 MP: 456 ATK: 204 DEF: 200 MAG: 827 SPR: 540

Here's a slightly different build that's a little more MAG heavy, but honestly I'm not sure I'd ever want to build her as a strict mage only. I think the first build is a little more viable long term.

I can get up into the mid 900s MAG with TMs of units I have, but it's taking away my genji glove and other TMS that are better on other units. I can't do the crazy 1000+ builds since I have no Fry's Needle.

Anyways, other than not having Embolden, she's a really great unit, so I wanted to try her out in some of these upcoming events. Sure would be nice to have embolden on my 6* WoL though Gumi....*cough cough*.

The only major bummer is that there will never be perfect synergy with her and WoL as there is currently with Cecil and Refia, for Focus and Embolden. It's nice to have that AoE Esuna+Heal on a healer though so I don't need a support unit to hit it.

Man this post ended up way longer than I expected.

Alkez

Won't Kelsus' TM also be good for Prishe in the future? I'm not sure what other weapon types she can use.

Was this the Gold Chest of Abundance? I wasn't that bothered about it and held off for a long time, but then ended up grabbing it last week whilst I was on holiday :/.

Yeah that's the one. Said to myself I wouldn't spend any money on this for a while outside of special deals, but I'm not sure if there's enough value per £ for me to get this.

Xion86

Okay I'm done with The Battle of Judecca now, got 41k left to spend, might grab a 30k Giancryst instead of the Trust Moogle.

Shinryu Celestia: 166
Mikazuchi: 10

Rixa

Okay I'm done with The Battle of Judecca now, got 41k left to spend, might grab a 30k Giancryst instead of the Trust Moogle.

Shinryu Celestia: 166
Mikazuchi: 10

What did you then buy?

I mean I have around 115 clears and 7 Mizu. I bought 30k Moogle and 3 Giancrysts (Power). Obviously tix & SQ too and the dagger.

What did you then buy?

I mean I have around 115 clears and 7 Mizu. I bought 30k Moogle and 3 Giancrysts (Power). Obviously tix & SQ too and the dagger.

How are you guys getting so many points? I got enough to buy all discounted 6* awakening mats and tickets and thought that was a decent hustle XD

Muku

How are you guys getting so many points? I got enough to buy all discounted 6* awakening mats and tickets and thought that was a decent hustle XD

Bonus units really help. And so few folks having them up made it difficult. Best the game gave me was 2 shitty Slice. So I farmed enough for the Moogle, the Atk 15%, and all the tickets. I stopped after that and that took about a week. But I also wasn't farming it as hard as I have in past. Used the 5k I got from just doing the BGN for dailies this past week and picked up 20 Prismatic Horns and rest in Fairies' Writ. Some Mog King events are better than others. Didn't feel like this one was worth it. Though hope next one is better so I can farm more 6* mats.

Rixa

Gumibugs after updates, its only graphical but oh wow if you dont know what i has and you discard / sell it...

Screenshot_20170601-201626.png

Same with every +% eq, they lost their %.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Fun in the arena

-- anybody run into that 100% evade all-heal team with a damage dealer? can't remember the unit but it was hilariously frustrating.

-- my favorite combo right now and it just feels so rude: Noctis Fire Flask + Setzer Cursed Card + Yun Blazing Heart + Ling Dance of Death + Reberta Fire Breath. Holy shitballs.

Iceman829

I ran a team of 4 Sice + friend Rem which gave me a 300% bonus. Normal ELT run would net me 1600 BP and a Horse was in the 6k range I think

robotuw

Fun in the arena

-- anybody run into that 100% evade all-heal team with a damage dealer? can't remember the unit but it was hilariously frustrating.

-- my favorite combo right now and it just feels so rude: Noctis Fire Flask + Setzer Cursed Card + Yun Blazing Heart + Ling Dance of Death + Reberta Fire Breath. Holy shitballs.

I have Noctis Blizzard Flask and Ling DoD. Usually one status-to-all move is sufficient and the ribbon-stacked teams get shut down by blizzard flask (not to mention the evasion assholes). It helps that I also have Lightning and TT chain ice moves, so maybe the fire chaining is better in your case.

Muku

Not yet... but right after reading this I ran into a team of 3 Chizuru (2 of which seem impossible to hit), Luka (died first round), and a fucking Ling that is made from pure butter apparently.

Kouriozan

Fun in the arena

I have petrification resist on everyone + Ribbon on Tilith, she can heals almost every status ailments.
The Arena became a cake walk since then.

Please Gumi I need 6* Tilith.

Pejo

Fun in the arena

I ran into a team with Minfilia, Dark Fina, 2 Noctis, and a Chizuru all decked in some amount of evasion gear set to do some damage on counter. I saw at least 4 of those units having Ring of Lucii. Kinda bullshit to fight but at least it's original (and only attainable through heavy whaling).

I'm really annoyed with arena right now in the meta of evade + status effects. I wish status effects were nerfed for arena in that after a skill procs a status effect, it should stop doing checks for additional effects. I wouldn't mind if one unit was hit with paraylize, another with Silence, etc. It shouldn't be a cornucopia of effects every single time though.

I wish they'd rework arena in general, it's just not fun at all.

across

I've spent literally every drop of NRG on it (save daily explorations/story requirements) with 4x Sice (and eventually 3x Sice 1x King) + friend Rem.

So, I got the Daggers, Tickets, Star Quartz, a few 6* mats to shore up ones that were below 25, 3x Power Giancryst, 3x Support Giancryst, and I'm currently sitting on 100k phantoma, trying to decide whether I want to pick up Siphon Delta for a rainy day or not. Probably going to grab 3x Giancryst on my way out, though a Purecryst is a possibility as well.

I went very hard on this event because I didn't really care about survivability TMs, which are all I have left to grind. Then I pulled Wilhelm. But I was already invested, and I think 30k currency for Giancrysts is pretty decent, so...

Arena ass hat here. I run Noct, Setzer, Ling, TT, and Emperor. Ling and Noct evade build and immune to almost everything. TT has ring of luci for counter and brings her up to 55% evade. Emperor is just there for aoe magic damage. I could run another Setzer or honestly any other unit in his place. As amazing as Orlandu and Olive are they don't bring anything spectacular to the arena table. I would have liked Rem for the aoe mana drain shenanigans lol. When you climb the ladder and start facing people in the top 100 it gets dicey. I've lost 100+ streaks twice this week alone to the top 100. 5 TT teams, 5 Noct teams who's 3/5 Nocts are immune to everything and it sucks when Stop doesn't land. Only reason I do arena is for the moogles, need em badly. I just look at it as another thing to do in game but it does give good rewards.

Xion86

What did you then buy?

And I thought I was a little behind on this event due to being on holiday for the last two weeks! But now I think about it, I did a few NRG refreshes when I had WiFi to compensate for being busy during the day and unable to play. I also had around 2 Rank increases. Was only using 2 Sice until late last week where I got a third.

I picked up...

One of:
Defender's Daggers, Lamia's Scythe, Magneti, 1 Azure Helm, 1 Azure Armor, Multitask, Syphon Delta, Guard Purecryst (was thinking of Warrior of Light)

All of:
Y-Potion, Mega Ether, Elixer, Metal Gigantuar, Fine Alcryst, Star Quartz, Sacred Crystal, cheap Divine Crystal, cheap Calamity Writ, cheap Prismatic Horn, cheap Calamity Gem, cheap Rainbow Bloom, cheap Fairies' Writ, Rare Summon Ticket

Fun in the arena

Evade units are damn annoying when I'm trying to end the fight quick as I have something to do or somewhere to go!
I'm still going in with Lightning, Noctis, Refia, Cloud of Darkness and Exdeath. May swap Lightning out for Ling, Setzer or Roberta to mix things up a bit then hmm...

Wow. Ok you guys really hit it hard. Does having a unit that supplies a bonus make THAT much of a difference? I got a few Sice but figured being unable to awaken or level the character I'd be better off passing on them and stick to my team so I can actually survive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom