• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Why do the raid rewards suck? 3.75 million just for a king burst pot. That's double the amount of the last raid for a much worst prize.

Syntsui

How so? I find Titan harder than Ifrit. (Not hard, but I actually had deaths and didn't 2 round him)
No way, Ifrit obligated you to bring fire mitigation and hitted like a truck anyway. I didn't bring shit to Titan and he could never kill anyone.

Also, his attack and defense are breakable.

I got destroyed on ELT. I even used barstonga and his first round of tumult killed everyone but Refia and Luneth. Took me three tries to finally take him down, and even that was luck.

I don't know what else I can do to take him out in the first round because it looks like I can't survive his tumult attack at all.

tuffymon

No way, Ifrit obligated you to bring fire mitigation and hitted like a truck anyway I didn't bring shit to Titan and he could never kill anyone.

Also, his attack and defense are breakable.

Wait... sorry... I've been doing homework and has the dumb... I just swapped Ifrit with Bahamut... Yes, in comparison Titan is weaker, but stronger than Baha. I finished Titan in 3 rounds, had I not won, he'd have destroyed me, Tumult hurts for real~

Syntsui

Yeah, he is a bigger threat than Bahamut at least.

Well, all things considered this will be a doable challenge for people without broken characters.

I got destroyed on ELT. I even used barstonga and his first round of tumult killed everyone but Refia and Luneth. Took me three tries to finally take him down, and even that was luck.

I don't know what else I can do to take him out in the first round because it looks like I can't survive his tumult attack at all.
Break his attack and use Refia's Embolden on the first turn. He won't kill anyone with more than 3k HP.

Stone resistance is not necessary at all, only petrify resistance, but Refia can take care of that with no problem as he only petrified one character per turn.

Syntsui

Trial version might require stone resistance if you want to brute force it and is a must if you want to summon an esper. Nothing too hard though.

Break his attack and use Refia's Embolden on the first turn. He won't kill anyone with more than 3k HP.

Stone resistance is not necessary at all, only petrify resistance, but Refia can take care of that with no problem as he only petrified one character per turn.

That did the trick!! I wasn't breaking his attack as I thought tumult was magic based. Thanks!

linkent

Phew elite titan turn out to be easier than expected(no 5* chainer here T_T)
Gonna wait for the guides for the trial version (ie. Thanks Valentus :D )

Minfilia exclusive materia will definitely help in this fight.
Basically free aoe heal every turn.

Ken

RklRSYW.png

fun. now to wait for garuda and i can get my relic weapon!

Elt version dead all missions.
Trial version dead all missions.

I took a friend's Orlandu and chained divine lightning with mine. When will this ever not be completely over powered?

Rixa

Why do the raid rewards suck? 3.75 million just for a king burst pot. That's double the amount of the last raid for a much worst prize.

Heh.
They tweaked quite a lot of those rewards. Y'shtola is now 598000 points.
Fucking hilarious to have Mini Burst pot at 1230000 points. 4 Tix to grab.

Summoned 1400 coins
- Thancred
- 3x King metal cactuars
- 1x Family Turtle

I have made 3 story missions (newest story) still 0 Kelsus shard drops.

Rixa

They drop from story missions? I thought it was dailies only?

Idont know. Had to recheck news:

* Daily logins
* Daily quests
* Event battles

Ok so I need to complete daily quest. I thought it was part of daily quest as in do 3 story missions (3 story missions drop these).

tuffymon

Idont know. Had to recheck news:

* Daily logins
* Daily quests
* Event battles

Ok so I need to complete daily quest. I thought it was part of daily quest as in do 3 story missions (3 story missions drop these).

There's gotta be some way to get them, cause 5 a day from dailies won't hit 300 for the summon (and the 40 from logins). Which story missions?

Xion86

What a baffling line of discussion. I'm looking at the teams I've brought into the last trials to date:

Echidna: Snow, Refia, Orlandeau, Minfilia, Friendlandeau
Bahamut: Cecil, Y'shtola, Refia, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau
Kefka: Cecil, Refia, CoD, Snow, Garnet, Friend Setzer
Beasts of the Dark: Xon, Ling, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau

A restriction on non-friend unit dupes wouldn't change anything at all about this, and more broadly would only change things for whales or the especially lucky. Whales by definition trivialize things and would simply be able to dredge up the optimal 'diverse' party anyway, so literally the only thing this would accomplish would be punishing people lucky enough to get a 5* dupe Aileen or Dark Fina or whatever. Good job... ?

Not that I mind because it will obviously never be implemented, but I'm not sure what problem this solution is trying to fix.

There wasn't really a big problem that made the discussion start, I was just curious what people thought of the idea, then started to think about how it might change the way we play the game :). The main reason I found it interesting was that I thought it would make each character feel more unique if there was only one allowed in each party, more of a roleplaying idea.

I'll be trying the Trial when I get home from work, but should be able to clear out the Raid rewards when I'm free during the day. Looking forward to all the Raid loot (again) :D

Syntsui

Papalymo TM is fantastic for a F2P unit, definetely eliminates any urgency in finishing my Shanttotos and definetely eliminates the need to get more than four of them.

Myze

Heh, first Raid coin pull after using my first 5 raid orbs (3600) and got Y'shtola. Already had her from points last time, but never did get her from a pull. Guessing there's no reason to keep a dupe version around (already use Refia+DualCast over her now)?

Has anyone gotten any moogles from the raid summons? I've used ~8,000 coins so far and haven't gotten a single moogle. Usually they drop like candy. That would really suck if they dropped them from the pulls.

Syntsui

Has anyone gotten any moogles from the raid summons? I've used ~8,000 coins so far and haven't gotten a single moogle. Usually they drop like candy. That would really suck if they dropped them from the pulls.
No Moogles this time, unfortunately. I pretended to get a few Shard of Genius but that won't work this time.

fionel

Well, tbh, Yuna doesn't have that much in the way of passives. 30% MAG/SPR/MP and an additional 50% from the summons. So I guess Riesz might be in the same neighborhood. Biggest issue is that Riesz can't equip Rods and has to have a spear to get her additional 30%. So that might be a bit of a problem getting her stats higher without a bit of work. I'll see what I can get but I know I have about 500 MAG/SPR for her right now.

Please do. Really curious how high you can get her mag/mnd with some decent TMs and what damage her summon gauge abilities can do.

I can tell you though even healers do catch breaks sometimes and thats when my Yuna can join the fray dealing top-tier finisher level damage. Always brings a smile to my face :)

No Moogles this time, unfortunately. I pretended to get a few Shard of Genius but that won't work this time.

Well crap. Hopefully the unit pull rate is improved then. Otherwise my entire excitement for these units and this raid goes to zero. I only care about their TMs.

Celegus

Oh dang, no moogles this time around? That sucks. Gonna be impossible to get a second Y'shtola TM now.

Haven't done the trial but ELT is one-shottable for the time being (brought Cecil Noctis Ling Yun Setzer but I can drop Cecil).

And I don't have a single open unit space, so I'm putting off raid summons till who knows when. Don't really have anyone to level up either currently.

Myze

Oh dang, no moogles this time around? That sucks. Gonna be impossible to get a second Y'shtola TM now.

Maybe no easy Y'shtola, but if anyone still needs Follower's Oath TMs (and don't have 10+ from Ifrit), Thancred seems to drop as often as before.

Camwi

Man, I'm so glad I teamed up with GAF recently. I would have zero shot against Titan on PRO if it wasn't for you guys.

bonkeng

ELT is easy enough to be OTKO'ed.

Trial done and got all achievements in one try.

Aileen isn't even needed on both. Orlandu chain is still the king of damage.

Rixa

So what's with the Titan Core?

It popped up, I targeted it and made sure the text was Titan Core before attacking with 2 Warp Strike, Divine Ruination, got shitton of damage numbers. After turn Core had full hp bar.

Needless to say I lost, 2nd turn I actually did damage.

Kouriozan

I had trouble with ELT, not touching the trial for a long time.
Was bound to happen one day or another when my only strong character is Noctis.
Otherwise I have Donkey Kong Cecil (lol) and Lightning (relol) with their pitiful multipliers. Maybe if DKC had his enhancements.

Rixa

Otherwise I have Donkey Kong Cecil (lol) and Lightning (relol) with their pitiful multipliers. Maybe if DKC had his enhancements.

After too many wasted tries with different setups. I can't beat the trial either. I pretend that it doesn't exist.

Chinner

Banned
Have you put golem and stone killer on Noctis?

I managed to beat him with my noctis.

Got bodied by Titan :( but as expected. I'd hoped my Orlandeau could chain with a friends to kill him but it hardly scratched him. Don't think I have access to stone killer right now either. In fact I've only managed to pull the guy with the TM once so I figure is best stick to pro.

c-murph

First Coin pull in the XIV Banner... Min & Yosh... I already have you guys.

I have Aileen... How should I dress her for the event and put her up as a friend summon? Currently have Genji Bld/Artisan, Black Cowl/Demon Mail, Bracer/Genji Glv, Quick Assault, Power of Creation, Blade Mastery & Stone Killer. Any Changes or Specific esper?

Xion86

Oops...gave the Trial a go and took down a quarter of his health on the first round then wasn't able to do any damage even after breaking with Noctis. Got wiped 3 rounds later.

Now the earlier conversations just clicked regarding his core...so guess I had to select a different part of him! I'll try again later.

c-murph

Ah, man. Elite Titan fucks my shit up. Went in with Cid, Aileen, Evade Lightning, Garnet, Cecil, Friend Cid.

Cid, Cid, and Aileen dropped him by 60% turn one. Then Tulmut killed everyone except Cecil 7K HP, and Evade Lightning.

Emilbus

Yea, tamult hurts pretty bad. My best attempt on elite so far, I got him to around 30% and I had no idea how I lasted like 4-5 turns. Will probably stick with pro since I can't consistently get him that low every time.

Niahak

Ah, man. Elite Titan fucks my shit up. Went in with Cid, Aileen, Evade Lightning, Garnet, Cecil, Friend Cid.

Cid, Cid, and Aileen dropped him by 60% turn one. Then Tulmut killed everyone except Cecil 7K HP, and Evade Lightning.

If you don't break him or use a defense buff, he's really strong. Embolden and warp break made a huge difference in survivability for me. Crush Weapon should be even better IIRC.

What's a little crazy is his attacks don't even seem to be earth element. Minfillia didn't really do all that much (although her counter-heal was really helpful).

Alkez

I'm assuming you're going for the esper summon because of garnet? Otherwise I would swap garnet and Cecil with your strongest buffer and debuffer. Should do the trick.

And your Aileen set above seems optimal to me. Golem is the best esper for the extra stone killer.

bonkeng

Then try the otko way. Use Ariana to aoe buff atk, and fullbreak/ravaging blow/shattering shot Titan before chaining.

Edit: I didn't see that your going for the achievement. Definitely break his atk and buff up your def. That's the only way to go.

CGwizz

I am playing this and i am new here, been playing for like 10 days?
People say raids are amazing to get free units but how the hell can i get those free units if i cant even kill titan PRO xD

Farming ADV i dont think i can get enough points to reach that minfilia character :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom