• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Ok you guys really hit it hard. Does having a unit that supplies a bonus make THAT much of a difference? I got a few Sice but figured being unable to awaken or level the character I'd be better off passing on them and stick to my team so I can actually survive it.

Always use every bonus unit you can. It's the only way to go about the events.
Of course you need to be able to beat the damn things, but if you can spare the room on your team put those Sices on there.

Shouta

Info on Seiken Densetsu 3 units are out on reddit. Personal opinions on them:

Riesz: Man, they really threw a lot of things on her moveset, lol. She has jumps, summoner skills, and her support skills. Thankfully, her buffs (120%) and debuffs (-50%) are the best in the game outside of a bard. They're also 4-turn durations. Her summon gauge abilities are much better than Yuna's, IMO. lower cost on orbs required while retaining the same mods. Her Freya skill does decent damage and hits with a -45% debuff across the board too. She synergizes very well with Eiko or Garnet as a result as both can provide a stable amount of orbs to let her use those abilities on any turn she wants. She even has a -45% imperil on her LB as well.

Biggest problem comes from her average stats, she only gets a 20% for all stats and a 30% MAG/SPR with a spear. She also can only cast 1 skill at a time and has no mag buff.

In any case, she's got a strong kit and is very usable though the JPs probably won't like her very much because they prize that efficiency rather than versatility. She has a chance of becoming absolutely insane with enhancements in like a year, lol.

Hawkeye: A Thief/Ninja character with hybrid skills. He has dual-wield, a treasure hunter/gil up trait, and a bunch of ailment debuffs, and some evasion buffs to help him survive. He seems pretty strong for Arena and just general questing. He also has a skill that restores MP to everyone while he attacks which is great. His mods aren't great considering he's a hybrid char but there's a lot gear to boost both attack and mag so he should be pretty useful.

Kevin: Looks like he's a support/damage dealer hybrid like Prishe. He has a Curaga (JP) like skill in Heal Light. He can also restore everyone's MP like Hawkeye. Interestingly, he can either go unarmed or go with a knuckle because he has an unarmed skill that gives him 200% attack like Gouken. That makes him a very good unit even for new players that don't have the gear to support equipping him with a H2H weapon.

His base form's best attack is 495% which isn't shabby. However, when he gets hit with any attack, he has a chance of gaining a finisher that's 1100% damage or so making him similar to Balthier. That's also kinda the problem, he has to get hit with an attack to get his best skill. It also seems like he doesn't do a lot of hits so he's more suited to being a finisher than a chainer.

Charlotte/Carlie: Honestly, she seems kinda crappy. Hybrid damage on a mage class and has some healing skills but is generally fairly limited. Best part of her set is her debuff which is -45% to all for 3 turns and only costs 32 MP.

Gumibugs after updates, its only graphical but oh wow if you dont know what i has and you discard / sell it...

Screenshot_20170601-201626.png

Same with every +% eq, they lost their %.
Yes! to the new folk, please be aware of this. When you get new equipment, check the wiki(s). Or ask here.

Don't get rid of any equipment that may seem worthwhile.

Syntsui

That bug apart, the game does an extremely poor job explaining some of the equipments properties. There are quite a few with hidden % stats or some kind of protection that you would never know without checking the wiki.

Xion86

I've spent literally every drop of NRG on it (save daily explorations/story requirements) with 4x Sice (and eventually 3x Sice 1x King) + friend Rem.

So, I got the Daggers, Tickets, Star Quartz, a few 6* mats to shore up ones that were below 25, 3x Power Giancryst, 3x Support Giancryst, and I'm currently sitting on 100k phantoma, trying to decide whether I want to pick up Siphon Delta for a rainy day or not. Probably going to grab 3x Giancryst on my way out, though a Purecryst is a possibility as well.

I went very hard on this event because I didn't really care about survivability TMs, which are all I have left to grind. Then I pulled Wilhelm. But I was already invested, and I think 30k currency for Giancrysts is pretty decent, so...

Okay damn....that's a lot of Crysts!

I want to make an all-white-hair arena team. Anyone wanna help?

Haha!! So random :D exactly the type of thing we would only hear from you, go for it ;) too bad Sephiroth isn't in the game yet as he could probably fit in.
I'm not really enjoying doing the Arena fights, it's just something I do to use up the Orbs. But I do feel like my team needs switching up to make it a bit less repetitive each week now.

Wow. Ok you guys really hit it hard. Does having a unit that supplies a bonus make THAT much of a difference? I got a few Sice but figured being unable to awaken or level the character I'd be better off passing on them and stick to my team so I can actually survive it.

Does make a big difference. I only leveled one of my Sice just because I like to max out one of each unit I get. But the event consisted of Thunder Flask until the boss, then Divine Ruination so never used the other units in the team. I think this and the last two maybe were the only events where I didn't pick up the 30k Trust Moogle. Would always make sure I try grab that and use NRG towards the end if I need to.

I actually miss the days before "Bonus" units too, was still able to grab the items we wanted. I was pretty annoyed when they brought that in mainly for two reasons....forcing you to make pulls to get increased drops (but great in a business sense) and also because I hate having duplicates of the same unit in my team, just takes away from the moment and makes the units feel less unique.
Having said that, if I got a second Orlandeau, I'd find I hard not to have him in the same team during a tough Trial :p.

That bug apart, the game does an extremely poor job explaining some of the equipments properties. There are quite a few with hidden % stats or some kind of protection that you would never know without checking the wiki.

Was always so confused why people wanted a Ring of Lucii for example, and Twenty-sided Die is quite cryptic (still need to get one).

Always use every bonus unit you can. It's the only way to go about the events.
Of course you need to be able to beat the damn things, but if you can spare the room on your team put those Sices on there.

Wow you aren't kidding. Just built a team with both Sice and used a friend Rem. Such a difference in the payout. Only downside is my Orlandeau is a risky carry so I'm still having to opt for whatever friend is strong enough but there's a few Rems up there.

Also finished up the Type 0 event this morning. Ended up getting SQ, Tix, Cactuars, Cheap 6* Mats, most consumables, 30k Moogle, Dagger, Rem's Materia, 3x Giancrysts for Support/Power/Black and 3 total Purecrysts for Support/Power/Black. whew. Final count for Shinryu - 227 and Mikazuchi - 13.....woof. Quite a few bombs though.

Muku

They add up. Say you get 54 for finishing a BGN run. With Sice giving 50% bonus (King 75%, Rem 100%) you get 50% on top of the 54 for the bonus. So you'd get the 54 + whatever the bonus is. And that adds up if you have several Sice. Having two Sice and running with a Rem was nice.

Add in fact you can get bonus enemies (Golden Bombs, Miza... and I hear a Golden Bomb and Miza can appear in same run through)... it adds up really quick.

Was noticing this time Mog King event actually has Sacred Crystals back on him. Tonight going to get home and run for some Phantoma for them.

robotuw

I still hate arena with a burning passion but at least I'm not losing much since I switched to a mostly-offense team.

Noctis,Ling,TT,Orlandu,Lightning

Noctis blizzard flasks (essential)
Ling does dance of death, clears statuses, or revives in a pinch
TT chains ice and stays alive with 30% innate evade
Lightning chains ice
Orlandu blade blitzes or lances persistent evade characters (practically anyone could take his place)

Even with that mismatched group I can regularly pull off an 8 chain, and not healing works surprisingly well. I don't think I've lost this week yet. I've finally starting to work on evasion TMs but those will only go towards things like trials. I refuse to use an evasion build in the arena and make it any more miserable than it already is.

How would people feel if you always had to pick a party of unique units in the game? (So no duplicates allowed).

Always? No, never. The way the gacha works in this game that would never be something that would happen or be accepted. If they had some content here or there that made you do this? Sure, that would be awesome. The main problems with it are as I said the way the gacha works, as you will pull dupes a lot generally and the other is how chaining works. Most units chain best off themselves so if you eliminate that then well...ew. But I would be cool with it for certain events here or there.

Alkez

Was 91 and 4 on the mog king rare spawn.

I watched a couple of vids on the FF14 titan raid and man the music is so good. Going from the type zero theme to this is a great transition musically lol.

I'm not really enjoying doing the Arena fights, it's just something I do to use up the Orbs. But I do feel like my team needs switching up to make it a bit less repetitive each week now.

I use 3 units with Ultima or Meteor. You only need about 360 mag for it to do max damage to most units, and then I stock up on health and status immunity (I have Ribbons on everyone because I've literally had over 20 kefkas) so you should live first turn outside of some unlucky nonsense.

On offence most teams will wipe from dual cast Ultima meteor chains, and evasion isn't a factor. If they don't I have Chizuru in the back to clean up. It's made arena a lot more tolerable as it's so quick.

Only doing 5 runs a day has helped my sanity a lot though lmao.

That being said no dual cast weeks are horrid. Hybrid chains will be my future at some point (3 Miyuki?)

Edit: Nvm, didn't realise Hybrid doesn't go through evasion.

Pejo

I want to make an all-white-hair arena team. Anyone wanna help?

Hmm, do you want to actually win? That might be tough.

Cecil, Setzer, and Luneth are probably the best of the group, then you have Edge, Miyuki and Hayate, Medius without his hat, Tellah....hmm. That's all I got off the top of my head.

Pun not intended.

How would people feel if you always had to pick a party of unique units in the game? (So no duplicates allowed).

I've always wished the game was like this, but they would never ever do it because it provides a disincentive to whales to pull for multiple units outside of TMs.

Just checked at lunch, and I'm sitting on 350,000 Type 0 coins. Should be able to get quite a haul when I cash them in later. Time to stock up on Giantcrysts.

Xion86

Yeah I guess because of how Gatcha works it wouldn't be viable to have no dupes, but still think it would be cool, and make each unit feel more unique in your party and more like they are straight out of the game they are from. Also would flush out those who have a party of nearly all the same units. We would have to find different ways to get through events and not rely on chains too. Was just an alternate EXVIUS reality thought and to see what you all think ;)

Celegus

Arena ass hat here. I run Noct, Setzer, Ling, TT, and Emperor. Ling and Noct evade build and immune to almost everything. TT has ring of luci for counter and brings her up to 55% evade. Emperor is just there for aoe magic damage. I could run another Setzer or honestly any other unit in his place. As amazing as Orlandu and Olive are they don't bring anything spectacular to the arena table. I would have liked Rem for the aoe mana drain shenanigans lol. When you climb the ladder and start facing people in the top 100 it gets dicey. I've lost 100+ streaks twice this week alone to the top 100. 5 TT teams, 5 Noct teams who's 3/5 Nocts are immune to everything and it sucks when Stop doesn't land. Only reason I do arena is for the moogles, need em badly. I just look at it as another thing to do in game but it does give good rewards.

Good to know I should never pick you if you show up on my list!
Yeah I guess because of how Gatcha works it wouldn't be viable to have no dupes, but still think it would be cool, and make each unit feel more unique in your party and more like they are straight out of the game they are from. Also would flush out those who have a party of nearly all the same units. We would have to find different ways to get through events and not rely on chains too. Was just an alternate EXVIUS reality thought and to see what you all think ;)

I pretty much never take dupes, but that's more because my only chainer is Yun and he does better with Setzer than a second Yun (plus I have both of them myself and don't have to rely on friend units).

Arena ass hat here. I run Noct, Setzer, Ling, TT, and Emperor. Ling and Noct evade build and immune to almost everything. TT has ring of luci for counter and brings her up to 55% evade. Emperor is just there for aoe magic damage. I could run another Setzer or honestly any other unit in his place. As amazing as Orlandu and Olive are they don't bring anything spectacular to the arena table. I would have liked Rem for the aoe mana drain shenanigans lol. When you climb the ladder and start facing people in the top 100 it gets dicey. I've lost 100+ streaks twice this week alone to the top 100. 5 TT teams, 5 Noct teams who's 3/5 Nocts are immune to everything and it sucks when Stop doesn't land. Only reason I do arena is for the moogles, need em badly. I just look at it as another thing to do in game but it does give good rewards.

Yeah, I originally didn't do evade builds and shit because I thought it was a dick move, but everyone else does it so I said screw it. I run a triple Noctis double D. Fina team. 1 Noctis is 100% evade one is 85 and the 3rd is just there. 3 of them have either a Ribbon or Discernment. I think I am going to replace my third Noctis with Rem for the AoE mana drain actually. I was going to be an even bigger asshole and upgrade both D. Fina's retaliate but nah.

Dandte

Sadly i somehow don't have any screenshots left of my FF XIV adventures. But i found this

Aside from the creepy facebug..man i loved my Char. Perfect Skin colour, perfect hair, kick ass dress and i remember how much i loved these claw gloves.

Made a good amount of money with crafting and rushing through hw to buy vendor stuff an resell it on the market place.

Edit: I played on Shiva, as most european folks. Had a Raid group from England....bloody accents...

Alkez

It's currently 10:30pm here in London.

At Midnight Tekken 7 is released, which I currently have downloading on steam.

At 2:00am Game 1 of the NBA finals begins.

I may get 4 hours sleep before the raid starts if I'm lucky lol.

SE made this for one of their fests in Japan like a year or two ago. Pretty awesome.

I remember they did something similar for final fantasy 13 parts 1 and 2 to promote part 3. Even though I had no clue what was going on in those games it was quite fun to watch.

I still hate arena with a burning passion but at least I'm not losing much since I switched to a mostly-offense team.

Noctis,Ling,TT,Orlandu,Lightning

Noctis blizzard flasks (essential)
Ling does dance of death, clears statuses, or revives in a pinch
TT chains ice and stays alive with 30% innate evade
Lightning chains ice
Orlandu blade blitzes or lances persistent evade characters (practically anyone could take his place)

Even with that mismatched group I can regularly pull off an 8 chain, and not healing works surprisingly well. I don't think I've lost this week yet. I've finally starting to work on evasion TMs but those will only go towards things like trials. I refuse to use an evasion build in the arena and make it any more miserable than it already is.

Now that I've had a bit of time with the game I've come to realise Arena is the only thing I don't really like, perhaps partly due to being a new-ish account. Kinda annoys me that I have the colosseum to do with all the goodies it holds but need to burn my first 5 orbs on the often lengthy arena fights. It's hard to be too bothered by something that has it's own set of stamina orbs, but at the same time when I've done the colosseum I can't see myself looking to get the 5 daily arena fights done asap anymore.

Xion86

Edit: I played on Shiva, as most european folks. Had a Raid group from England....bloody accents...

I'm sure you loved it really ;)

Ahh I miss the MMORPG days...but the I'm glad I got away from them, used to spend too much time grinding away. At least with the grind here it's mobile, so I'm always doing something else, as it's kind of in the background.

Arena is garbage. I do it as much as possible for the pots though.

I run , Noctis for Blizzard flask,
Ling for dance of death or to status heal/revive
Orlandu blade blitz
Setzer cursed card
Dark Fina double ultima or just dystopia

With this team I'll either take a 1 or 2 turn win. Even if I'm struck by a first round status effect bonanza Ling fixes it up. I'll lose maybe once every 500 matches when the stars align for the enemy AI. But anyway I hate it as well. Feels like it takes so long.

Lyrian

Wow you aren't kidding. Just built a team with both Sice and used a friend Rem. Such a difference in the payout. Only downside is my Orlandeau is a risky carry so I'm still having to opt for whatever friend is strong enough but there's a few Rems up there.

Name of the game for Mog King events is always "clear with as many bonus units as possible on the team using a single OP unit to solo everything and not die".

Cleaned out all the usual stuff from Mog + the 10% moogle + 6 gigacrysts (3 power, 2 support, 1 tech).

Elza + 4 Sice + friend Rem (high EN cost for ELT meant that I needed only a handful of Rem friends to be able to do every run with only Rem as friend units). Averaged ~1600 phantoma per ELT run. Mika runs were about 6k phantoma.

No refreshes, 2 rank ups during the event.

As most will say on GAF, work on creating one OP unit first and everything else will fall into place after that. That one OP unit will carry you a long, long way in this game.

Broseybrose

Ive had the same arena team since I pulled Ling -

Noctis (DW Blizzard Flask)
Ling (Feint Step, Death, Life, Rebirth)
Chizuru (DW Phantom Shadow, Molt +2)
2x Exdeath (Blizzaga or Meteor)

I tried to work 2 of my 3 Setzers into the mix, but I went back to the Exdeaths to deal with Evasion units.

Alright! Pulled a second Abel. Should make farming that Bowie knife a bit easier.

Also regretting putting those 10% moogs into Sparky. If I didn't I'd finally have enough for soul of thamasa.

fionel

Riesz: Man, they really threw a lot of things on her moveset, lol. She has jumps, summoner skills, and her support skills. Thankfully, her buffs (120%) and debuffs (-50%) are the best in the game outside of a bard. They're also 4-turn durations. Her summon gauge abilities are much better than Yuna's, IMO. lower cost on orbs required while retaining the same mods. Her Freya skill does decent damage and hits with a -45% debuff across the board too. She synergizes very well with Eiko or Garnet as a result as both can provide a stable amount of orbs to let her use those abilities on any turn she wants. She even has a -45% imperil on her LB as well.

Biggest problem comes from her average stats, she only gets a 20% for all stats and a 30% MAG/SPR with a spear. She also can only cast 1 skill at a time and has no mag buff.

I was intrigued by her summon gauge abilities but like you said b/c of her average stats her potential damage doesn't seem to be all that exciting. I was able to get over 1.5 million damage on training dummy with Yuna's shooting power with her own 100% mag/spr buff. How much do you think Reese can get?

Her buff abilities are incredible as they provide the highest mods second only to Roy's maxed LB and they're not even songs that tie down the character! But for someone like me with Roy I'm not sure if I'd want to switch him out for her.

So yeah I'm still trying to decide whether I should go all in for her lol.

fionel

A funny thing I noticed so far in the SD3 event is that Randi seems to do more damage / more efficient for this event than any of the 3 new rainbow units. Lol!

Shouta

I was intrigued by her summon gauge abilities but like you said b/c of her average stats her potential damage doesn't seem to be all that exciting. I was able to get over 1.5 million damage on training dummy with Yuna's shooting power with her own 100% mag/spr buff. How much do you think Reese can get?

Her buff abilities are incredible as they provide the highest mods second only to Roy's maxed LB and they're not even songs that tie down the character! But for someone like me with Roy I'm not sure if I'd want to switch him out for her.

So yeah I'm still trying to decide whether I should go all in for her lol.

Well, tbh, Yuna doesn't have that much in the way of passives. 30% MAG/SPR/MP and an additional 50% from the summons. So I guess Riesz might be in the same neighborhood. Biggest issue is that Riesz can't equip Rods and has to have a spear to get her additional 30%. So that might be a bit of a problem getting her stats higher without a bit of work. I'll see what I can get but I know I have about 500 MAG/SPR for her right now.

Riesz' summoning stuff is cheaper than Yuna's though. 2 & 3 SG for Riesz to Yuna's 3 & 5 SG when comparing the equivalent skills. Granted, Riesz' 2 SG is better because it does AOE 900% and debuffs the enemy for 45% for each stat, lol. Riesz also just debuffs and will have more room to use those abilities compared to Yuna because Yuna's also a healer. There's a lot less room to be messing around there.

Compared to the Bards, Riesz is probably better for shorter fights over sustained ones. Roy takes a bit to get going but is better once he gets to his final song. Ramza and Lunera only buff you so you're missing out on a debuffer by using them though you get way more survivability. A fight like the Reindeer/Moose where you get MP restored every turn and your tank should be taking the damage and healing is where she can shine, at least if you're going the physical route as Riesz can't buff MAG, which is SUPER silly but I guess they didn't want to make her batshit insane, lol.

Rixa

Arena is bullshit.

I've always wished the game was like this, but they would never ever do it because it provides a disincentive to whales to pull for multiple units outside of TMs.

I do this aleady, I hate having 2 of the same unit on my team.

Noctis is the big exception, asshole can do everything

They aren't doing this. Just imagine King Mog event.
From 600% to max 225% bonus. Ok there are KM evets where you can have higher bonus due to having more different bonus units.

Usually only dupe in my party is Noctis.

Ken

I could see them expanding the no-dupes rule in the 10-party stuff to other things like ELT trials or making it a trophy condition.

Syntsui

I would be great honestly, so much shit is trivialized with all these dupe chainers.

It would be an interesting rule for future ELT content at least. Better than 4 members party.

Rixa

I could see them expanding the no-dupes rule in the 10-party stuff to other things like ELT trials or making it a trophy condition.

I would be great honestly, so much shit is trivialized with all these dupe chainers.

It would be an interesting rule for future ELT content at least. Better than 4 members party.

Oh yeah. I would like it very much. Since Iam not in the chaining train so I need to figure other ways to work around.

And uhm well, usually it is dupe Noctis in my party, cause that shit just does everything.
Granted this was close fight (everyone was alive and max hp turn before).

Who needs tanks or chainers :p

Screenshot_20170518-205137.png

bonkeng

Yeah dupe shouldn't be allowed in the first place, aside from friend units.

It would make the game much more interesting, as we need to figure out which units to take into boss battles. We need to figure out which units chain well together etc.

As opposed to taking 2 to 5 dupe units and chain-nuke the shit out of bosses.

across

What a baffling line of discussion. I'm looking at the teams I've brought into the last trials to date:

Echidna: Snow, Refia, Orlandeau, Minfilia, Friendlandeau
Bahamut: Cecil, Y'shtola, Refia, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau
Kefka: Cecil, Refia, CoD, Snow, Garnet, Friend Setzer
Beasts of the Dark: Xon, Ling, Orlandeau, Friendlandeau

A restriction on non-friend unit dupes wouldn't change anything at all about this, and more broadly would only change things for whales or the especially lucky. Whales by definition trivialize things and would simply be able to dredge up the optimal 'diverse' party anyway, so literally the only thing this would accomplish would be punishing people lucky enough to get a 5* dupe Aileen or Dark Fina or whatever. Good job... ?

Not that I mind because it will obviously never be implemented, but I'm not sure what problem this solution is trying to fix.

Rixa

What a baffling line of discussion. I'm looking at the teams I've brought into the last trials to date:

Not that I mind because it will obviously never be implemented, but I'm not sure what problem this solution is trying to fix.

Maybe people not so lucky want something else than chaining meta?
Or maybe people that have chaining meta units want something different?
Obviously those who can will use chaining as key to go.

across

Maybe people not so lucky want something else than chaining meta?
Or maybe people that have chaining meta units want something different?
Obviously those who can will use chaining as key to go.

There's nothing preventing anyone with "chain meta" units right now from opting out. Just use your abilities at different times or use abilities that aren't Divine Ruination/Piledriver/etc. or use different units entirely. As Valentus has shown us time and time again, it's plenty possible.

By "people not so lucky" you're referring to people who haven't pulled any chainers at all, I guess? So for these people, how does a limitation on duplicate units help them at all? If all you've pulled is Luneth and Queen and you want to make them work in a party, I don't understand what a dupe restriction accomplishes on that front.

If I couldn't use Friendlandeau, I'd still be bringing mine, he'd still be doing truckloads of damage, I'd look for friend units using Light weapons to benefit from the imperil, things would not die as quick but I don't know that the fight strategy would change too very much.

I'm sure there's something I'm not seeing, though.

Shouta

Meta is a super silly word to use because this is a single player game and no one is forcing players to do anything. It might apply to the arena but that's a whole set of different issues than the ones in the SP part of the game.

Rixa

I'm sure there's something I'm not seeing, though.

I would like to see Mage Meta, eventho I don't have the units for MM. Actually I would like to see them to drastically uptune mages damage & survival potential.

Without heavily TM gearing mage, they are shitty & squishy units that there usually is much much better non mage DPS unit to get to party instead that mage.

Even heavily TM gearing mage, they are kinda poor choice to bring to hard fights.

Something I never understood:
Why the fuck Dual Cast costs double MP when Dual Wielding ability doesn't?

Meta is a super silly word to use because this is a single player game and no one is forcing players to do anything. It might apply to the arena but that's a whole set of different issues than the ones in the SP part of the game.

You either have the units to go with current trend. Or you do it some other way, or you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom