• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Another proof that Aileen sucks compared to Orlandu, if you don't kill Titan in one turn she always dies, I tested this with all of you sharing her.

Poor girl thinks she can protect someone, smh. Orlandu the king forever baby.

I seem to do worse if I have her on my team. I ended up just sticking with other people's Orlandu. Gonna bring a healer for this event since going no healer is just not a good idea. I like the simple fight in the last raid.

tuffymon

Dps race that slowly kicks members out of the fight? Ugh... I... really want that wind up doll, but not sure that I can do it. I don't have a super leet chain squad and usually do slow and steady... Prove me wrong V? >.>;;

Shouta

Why do the raid rewards suck? 3.75 million just for a king burst pot. That's double the amount of the last raid for a much worst prize.

That sounds like it's similar to the JP rewards for for the event. The previous raid with better rewards was definitely GL only, lol.

Dps race that slowly kicks members out of the fight? Ugh... I... really want that wind up doll, but not sure that I can do it. I don't have a super leet chain squad and usually do slow and steady... Prove me wrong V? >.>;;

Tuffy, what is the team you're taking into the trial. If possible be as detailed as you can and we can come up with something to get you through.

tuffymon

Tuffy, what is the team you're taking into the trial. If possible be as detailed as you can and we can come up with something to get you through.

I haven't tried it just yet, I Tm farmed while I slept and figured I'd read about other victories/loses to give me an idea. I feel without the kickout mechanic I'd have no issue, but a dps race that he gets stronger with a secondary target that you must kill within 5 or wipe sounds absurd? I'd probably do something like Noctank/Gilga/Refia/Ling/Luneth? Maybe I'm just over hyping it /shrug... I'll probably watch a vid of someone else before dropping 40 energy.

Syntsui

Did you watch the video I posted? Refia + Cecil does the trick as far as mitigation goes. You need a breaker so friend Orlandu covers that nicely, you can use Noctis and Minfillia's for the other spots.

The trick is, kill his first phase on the fourth turn, not earlier and not later. Then do the same with his Orb phase and make sure to finish him of in three turns after that.

The Orb dies quickly, so don't worry about it too much. You just need to have everyone with a lot HP to survive the attacks.

Kouriozan

HOLY SHIT THIS TRIAL, MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
Here's my last turn:

vzuwHphl.jpg
TWjyMUul.jpg

Both healers died 2 turns ago, Cecil was healing like crazy, and THANK FUCK RNG TUMULT WAS IN MY FAVOR!!!!!!

And now I'm glad I went for 2 Dual Cast, mouahahahaha!!!
By the way, he never used Landslide on his last phase, despite me taking 7/8 turns.

evangd007

If I can down ELT Titan in 4 turns, is that a good indicator that I have enough dps to make the 4 turn landslide thresholds?

I might do something nuts and try to use Cupid Luna as my breaker for the trial. I'll let you know how that goes if I try it.

It's confirmed that one of Titan's attack goes through 100% evasion. But it's still rng based, so if Titan doesn't use that attack, Noctis is safe.

Good to know, can't say I was keeping track as I don't recall mine ever being in danger. The damage should still be minimal if all defense buffs and breaks are kept up.

Muku

Got Y'shtola from my first raid pull! Super happy.

Congrats! :) Y'shtola and Minfilia have earned their places in my group for various things. Definitely make their gear when you get the chance. It's a great way to start them off. (Yeah, I could probably outfit both with other things, but I like their gear and can't complain.)

Looking at the wiki one of the attacks is magic damage, but 1 out of x? isn't bad etc~

Not bad at all. I set Ling as my friend unit. 4.6k hp, Max evade, Immune to whats necessary, using Ring of the lucii and first strike for good counters to build the esper meter. She'll only have 70% provoke but she should be able to get the job done. Someone take her for a spin.

Kouriozan

With 20k Titan raid coins I got 2 Y'shtola, 3 Yda and 4 Papalymo, crazy how much better it is compared to Ifrit.
For the Ifrit raid I never managed to get Y'shtola in the raid banner :(

robotuw

OH!

I took it down about 80% in one attack .. and then got wiped despite being at 100% health. Probably didnt have my focus up?

Even as you attack his core his body will still move and it still needs breaks applied. Also you have 5 turns to kill the core before it does a move that is a guaranteed wipe.

Celegus

lol I went into the trial blind and got curbstomped because I didn't know you had to retarget the core when he gets to 50% or whatever. Just kept attacking him and it didn't do anything and then he went nuclear.

lol I went into the trial blind and got curbstomped because I didn't know you had to retarget the core when he gets to 50% or whatever. Just kept attacking him and it didn't do anything and then he went nuclear.

That was me on my first attempt I should have known better having played FFXIV lmao.

XI and XIV are the only FF games I haven't played. I know myself better than to even try an MMO, I know I'd get way too into it.

I primarily play mmo's that focus on pvp/world vs world. FFXIV didn't have any of that when it relaunched but I sure as hell LOVED the pve in that MMO. I can't recall if they added pvp later but with MMO's like Guild Wars 2 and ESO I get my pvp/wvw fix there.

Xion86

I got this!! :D

HIonMjll.png

That happened to me when I first tried it whilst at work, was pretty damn confused what was going on.

For some reason I also thought this had an Esper kill reward and not just evoking the Esper.

Tuffy, I can't for the life of me remember if I mentioned I did the Esper trial with your Ling but if not, thank you so much! It took literally all night lol this was because I did it on Nox and every time I checked on it the game had crashed. Maybe because the non stop action from having it on auto was too much. I did the two evoke in this run so once I evoked Ifrit and Siren I was able to just auto the rest of the battle. I want that sword ability reward but don't know if I want to babysit it that long to get it haha Thanks again!

So the Type-0 event is already gone, right? If so, I can finally do the latest story and the FFBE story event. I'm not sure how much blue phantoma I got but definitely enough for the moogle and tickets which is namely what I care about. I should have enough for the SQ easily and some 6* mats as well. I made sure to burn all the Bahamut coins last night and had to use a number of metal gigantuars to free up the space to keep the burst pots and king cactuars or whatever they are called. For the love of god, give us WoL 6* already so I can burn these pots and gigantuars!

I wonder if I'll be able to beat Titan on ELT or if I'll farm pro like I did for Ifrit. Bummer that there's no new banner, the sooner they flush Wilhelm out the better (WoL).

As for FFXIV, I'm strongly leaning on checking it out when Stormblood hits. I've heard in multiple places that it has one of the best stories in the whole FF series and so I'm thinking I could at least play through the story and see if I enjoy the game enough to keep playing beyond that. Those of you that have played, is it a pretty darn good story?

Shouta

Is palpymo and yda worth the 6 star?

Yda might be worthwhile​ if you're lacking dualwield and need a damage dealer. She's a doublehand character with a unique combo mechanic where after doing a certain sequence, she gets to do her attack 4 times in the same turn, I think.

Ah I see. Is this how all the raids are going forward?

Generally, the high end rewards are just the pots because the crysts have their money an event. The lower end rewards change with the event and recently 4star+ tickets were also added to the rewards.

robotuw

So the new raid units don't require special awakening materials from the raid summon. Only the original three? Weird.

Also daily was Grace. My first banner unit and it's the 4* base. This always happens on the crap banners.

Sounds like most people noticed but I think I saw one person get it wrong. You don't need to kill Titan with an esper for the trial, you just have to summon it in the fight.

tuffymon

Tuffy, I can't for the life of me remember if I mentioned I did the Esper trial with your Ling but if not, thank you so much! It took literally all night lol this was because I did it on Nox and every time I checked on it the game had crashed. Maybe because the non stop action from having it on auto was too much. I did the two evoke in this run so once I evoked Ifrit and Siren I was able to just auto the rest of the battle. I want that sword ability reward but don't know if I want to babysit it that long to get it haha Thanks again!

Grats on the moogle! Let me know if you change your mind, I've changed my unit for the time being.

Grats on the moogle! Let me know if you change your mind, I've changed my unit for the time being.

Appreciate it!

I didn't know you played GW2, Zera. It's the only MMO I've played (I don't count GW1 as a true MMO). I actually just started playing it again to catch up on Living Story which I just finished last night. Going to finish clearing that last zone tonight most likely. If I get FFXIV, it will almost be a shame GW2's second expansion is also coming out this year haha No time for two actively! After finishing Persona 5 there isn't anything left I need to play and I don't think there's much coming out the remainder of the year I'm concerned with (we'll see if E3 changes that) so FFXIV could be perfect to fill in the gap.

Appreciate it!

I didn't know you played GW2, Zera. It's the only MMO I've played (I don't count GW1 as a true MMO). I actually just started playing it again to catch up on Living Story which I just finished last night. Going to finish clearing that last zone tonight most likely. If I get FFXIV, it will almost be a shame GW2's second expansion is also coming out this year haha No time for two actively! After finishing Persona 5 there isn't anything left I need to play and I don't think there's much coming out the remainder of the year I'm concerned with (we'll see if E3 changes that) so FFXIV could be perfect to fill in the gap.

I've been playing GW2 since release. I too am looking forward to the new expansion. Message me in game and perhaps we can get together some time and do some stuff. I'll either be on Zera Targaryen, Zera Naharis, Zera Stark, or Zera Stormborne. As one can tell I kind of like a little book called A Game Of Thrones :)

I've been playing GW2 since release. I too am looking forward to the new expansion. Message me in game and perhaps we can get together some time and do some stuff. I'll either be on Zera Targaryen, Zera Naharis, Zera Stark, or Zera Stormborne. As one can tell I kind of like a little book called A Game Of Thrones :)

Nice, I've been playing since the Beta myself. I took a long break during S1 of Living Story but came back before HoT and then take a break whenever I exhaust the content since. I need to get around to finishing Nevermore but am at the point where I'd just buy the remaining mats so I've procrastinated because who likes spending hundreds of gold? haha I'm really curious what Ele's will get with the new expansion, figures that it's the one class with no leaked image. For sure! The houses make a great last name for toons now that I see you list them ha I start all my toons with Squall too hehe My account is
Squalls Fury.9268 so feel free to add me and shoot me yours.

Ahem, so how about that Titan trial, guys? Actually, what's the daily gift for today? I saw the June calendar last night and wasn't sure what the item gifted today is. I haven't been able to check yet as I just started TM farming on Nox before leaving for work. Is it that currency you need for the special unit? I assume the other weird icon on the calender is an NRG restorative.

Alkez

I think I'm the only one to have no tried the trial yet. Tekken 7 consumed my free time. Will maybe attempt it tomorrow.

Generally, the high end rewards are just the pots because the crysts have their money an event. The lower end rewards change with the event and recently 4star+ tickets were also added to the rewards.

Ah ok. I don't mind getting pots as the final rewards, I certainly didn't expect crysts again, but it's the fact that the final rewards cost double the amount of points that completely baffled me. I figured if they were going to do that we would get something really good and not just pots. Still, it is what it is. Free stuff is free after all.

I think I'm the only one to have no tried the trial yet. Tekken 7 consumed my free time. Will maybe attempt it tomorrow.

Ah ok. I don't mind getting pots as the final rewards, I certainly didn't expect crysts again, but it's the fact that the final rewards cost double the amount of points that completely baffled me. I figured if they were going to do that we would get something really good and not just pots. Still, it is what it is. Free stuff is free after all.

I haven't done the trial or the ELT raid yet either. Need to set up my parties tonight... hopefully I can clear the trial, clear ELT, and then just keep farming PRO until the bots jack up the HP again.

Shouta

A lot of raids going forward will have a larger variety of rewards in the gatcha too. Turtle and Cactuar families, then moogles for the units you pull from the lapis gatcha like the Bahamut Raid. The magicites for leveling Summons are also pretty common too. So the individual rewards are more extra stuff once you get to the high end, lol.

Rixa

I haven't done the trial or the ELT raid yet either. Need to set up my parties tonight... hopefully I can clear the trial, clear ELT, and then just keep farming PRO until the bots jack up the HP again.

A lot of raids going forward will have a larger variety of rewards in the gatcha too. Turtle and Cactuar families, then moogles for the units you pull from the lapis gatcha like the Bahamut Raid. The magicites for leveling Summons are also pretty common too. So the individual rewards are more extra stuff once you get to the high end, lol.

You can solo RAID Elt with my Noctis or DrRobs Noctis. 100% Evade works in Raid. So yet again easy raid for Shouta :p

100% Evade also helps in Trial. Thunder Flask works to Trial boss, helps to that Weight of the Land spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom