• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Is Y'shtola better than Refia?

Situationally. What Dandte said in much fewer words. :)

Broadly speaking, Y'sh will be better than Refia unless Refia has a dualcast materia equipped.

Y'sh benefits from being able to buff both defensive attributes in the same turn from native dualcast, via Protectga and Shellga. Refia has to give up her turn to cast Embolden. So, it is possible for Y'sh to mix a Curaja and a buff in the same turn, something Refia can't do.

On the other hand, Refia's Full-Life is still the gold standard for raising dead units, and she can dual cast that.

Refia's one core weakness is that for a 6*, she lacks innate MP regen, something Y'sh has. That can be fixed with either the TM Soluna Band, or she gains that missing MP regen via enhancements at "any day now" status (just like WoL!).

Muku

Situationally. What Dandte said in much fewer words. :)

Broadly speaking, Y'sh will be better than Refia unless Refia has a dualcast materia equipped.

Y'sh benefits from being able to buff both defensive attributes in the same turn from native dualcast, via Protectga and Shellga. Refia has to give up her turn to cast Embolden. So, it is possible for Y'sh to mix a Curaja and a buff in the same turn, something Refia can't do.

On the other hand, Refia's Full-Life is still the gold standard for raising dead units, and she can dual cast that.

Refia's one core weakness is that for a 6*, she lacks innate MP regen, something Y'sh has. That can be fixed with either the TM Soluna Band, or she gains that missing MP regen via enhancements at "any day now" status (just like WoL!).

Or she is wearing the Vestment TM from Aiden. That is how I got mine to be a little beast. Best TM I've gotten for her. Absolutely love it.

c-murph

Action No.4 Get!

Also, another Yosh from banner pull... That makes my third on this banner. 4th in total. Hmmm. Does her TM stack? I'm assuming no.

EDarkness

I know Golem is supposed to be good for this fight, but if your Golem has cover, please use another esper. So many times I've used someone's character with Golem and they cover someone during Tumult and get taken out in one round. Any other esper would be better....

eggydoo

Beat the trial with 2 orlandeus, noctis, refia, yshtola, and Cecil.
Didn't get off the evoke esper though, but wasn't too bad as long as you followed the guide and make sure you constantly break and buff.

Lyrian

Or she is wearing the Vestment TM from Aiden. That is how I got mine to be a little beast. Best TM I've gotten for her. Absolutely love it.

Excellent point! Totally forgot about the Vestment of Mind, which my own Refia is wearing as well. Going to be rather nice to see that stack with her enhancements for 8% MP regen per round.

I wish I could pause today just so I could cram some BE in! Had 2 visitors from family, got tickets to see a comedian in a few hours and have 4 shows to catch up on when I get back yet here I am trying to find time for BE. I think it's safe to say I'm hooked now XD

By the way how are we supposed to get the 300 gems for that mage? From what I can tell I just got the last set given for your score in the raid and I'm no even close.

NomarTyme

Beat the trial yesterday and it took me 4 tries. Founded the right team for the job!

2 Chiz - Dual wield, blade mastery, and Stone killer TMR

WoL - Break, stona, and take damage. Still very much better than rain because "cover" is stupid and Rain has no damage mitigation.

Cecil - Provoke, heal, and Limit burst

Cat girl - heal and Damage mitigation

Of course a strong Orlandu or Aileen friend.

Thanks to the strategies from Reddit and GAF for making this happen!

Lyrian

By the way how are we supposed to get the 300 gems for that mage? From what I can tell I just got the last set given for your score in the raid and I'm no even close.

Month-long process to slowly collect 300 gems. Kelsus will probably be unattainable until the 3rd or 4th week of June.

So the NEW gear from this raid is equippable by all eh? Like Guts Knuckle, etc?

That's a decent fist weapon for those that don't yet have a Kaiser Knuckle or at least one of them.

Lyrian

So the NEW gear from this raid is equippable by all eh? Like Guts Knuckle, etc?

That's a decent fist weapon for those that don't yet have a Kaiser Knuckle or at least one of them.

Nope, locked to their specific FF14 units, just like last time.

Knuckle is locked to Yda only.

You had my hopes up for a second about receiving free "Gungnir-like" knuckles for everyone.

Nope, locked to their specific FF14 units, just like last time.

Knuckle is locked to Yda only.

You had my hopes up for a second about receiving free "Gungnir-like" knuckles for everyone.
Damn!! The UI had me thinking otherwise...no unit specific note.

I don't have enough mats to craft one yet so I didn't have one to test. What a bummer.

Pejo

So I think I can consider yesterday one of the luckier days I've played this game.

My 3rd raid 5000 multi pull, I got 2 Y'sh. Later, after some drinks I decided to do a multi pull trying for Wilhelm, not sure why. Ended up getting Ace (who I didn't have, but have always been interested in), as well as another Zyrus to burn those remaining 20 TM moogles, and a few other good TM units. I was riding a happy wave, did one more 10+1 and got Aileen along with Abel and a few more good TM units. I didn't get a single "trash" unit out of both 10+1s.

So this is what it's like to Hippopuncher...

J-Tier

I got every event character from titan coin pulls. Don't know how to assemble my team now.

Yshtola, Minfillia, Yda, and Papalymo.

Then I have:

Setzer, King, Refia, Grace and Luka

I'm holding onto Setzer, but I kinda also want to hold onto Grace...

How sure who to use to fill up the team.

LucaMac

Was without GAF for the last 5 days with IRL stuff. Anything significant happen/announced?

Did the trial first time. Just dps'd him to oblivion. Took 6 turns. Two on the first phase, Two on the heart, two finishing him off.

Freyvia, Refia, Cecil, Noctis, Orlandude, Friendlandu.

Lyrian

Was without GAF for the last 5 days with IRL stuff. Anything significant happen/announced?

Did the trial first time. Just dps'd him to oblivion. Took 6 turns. Two on the first phase, Two on the heart, two finishing him off.

Hrmm, outside of the surprise FF14 2nd raid...

-- Surprise announcement of a freebie 5* unit for daily participation during June (Kelsus)
-- EN potions from friend levels are a "thing" as of today [2 potions from day 3 login reward] but still not friend levels themselves, and there was no announcement about them (go figure).
-- Raid placement rewards are serious garbage this time, unlike the Bahamut raid. No TM moogles below top 100, only 3* tickets.

-- ExviusWiki is claiming that they see a reappearance of the FF4 Golbez exploration? Next week maybe?

Kouriozan

I love how Ling is pretty much still the MVP of any hard trial 4 months after she became available.
I wonder if Gumi expected that.

c-murph

Just checked. They stack.

Oh awesome. I guess I have a reason for farming another one. Thank you!

Black Cowl No.4 approaching completion... Was thinking of throwing two Hill Diggers in for that 30% HP increase. Could be useful to have a couple of them on WoL/Cecil as tanks.

EDarkness

I love how Ling is pretty much still the MVP of any hard trial 4 months after she became available.
I wonder if Gumi expected that.

I wish I could work her into my rotation, but I just haven't figured out how to really use her and so she's sat in back doing nothing. I still don't have her to 100 yet.

Still, it's some consistency, which is rare in games like this. Wish there was more of it, honestly.

Hrmm, outside of the surprise FF14 2nd raid...

-- Surprise announcement of a freebie 5* unit for daily participation during June (Kelsus)
-- EN potions from friend levels are a "thing" as of today [2 potions from day 3 login reward] but still not friend levels themselves, and there was no announcement about them (go figure).
-- Raid placement rewards are serious garbage this time, unlike the Bahamut raid. No TM moogles below top 100, only 3* tickets.

-- ExviusWiki is claiming that they see a reappearance of the FF4 Golbez exploration? Next week maybe?
I really hope Ff4 event returns. Another early one I missed most of the rewards on!

tuffymon

Beat the trial with 2 orlandeus, noctis, refia, yshtola, and Cecil.
Didn't get off the evoke esper though, but wasn't too bad as long as you followed the guide and make sure you constantly break and buff.

Don't get me wrong, congrats and all, but I can never take groups like this seriously, it's not just beyond the power curve, but very few have access to something of this nature.

Chinner

Banned
If anybody needs any help then don't hesitate to add me.

ggaF0gL.png

I won't be able to help with the chaining, bu my Noctis does have 100% damage against stone (golem + stone killer). I've also equipped him with petrify resist too so won't need much support.

I'll accept whatever level/rank you are, but please remember to have GAF in your description.

Rixa

Don't get me wrong, congrats and all, but I can never take groups like this seriously, it's not just beyond the power curve, but very few have access to something of this nature.

Yeah, its so trivial to do with über units that can chain gazillion damage in one turn and basically finish that fight in 3 turns.

Meanwhile...
I beat the trial last night :).

Roctis Roctis Y'shtola Refia Cecil Roctis (DrRob's)
Was "fun" fight. When Boss had ~40% hp left I had only 2 Roctis alive.

The fun part, fight took something between 90-120 mins to finish, not sure how long it lasted. My & DrRob's Nocs have ATK about +600 and did damage per round:

* If both Thunder Flasked ~120k damage
* If both Warp Breaked ~150k damage

But, here and there another had to Point Warp (jump) to get HP back. What a struggle, during that fight I think I summoned Esper 4 or 5 times.

I could evade all the physical damage, but Weight of the Land was magical thats why I needed to Point Warp when it did hit. Thunder Flask made it so that WotL did only 2.2k - 2.6k per hit.

100% Evade makes things interesting :p

CGwizz

I won't be able to help with the chaining, bu my Noctis does have 100% damage against stone (golem + stone killer). I've also equipped him with petrify resist too so won't need much support.

I'll accept whatever level/rank you are, but please remember to have GAF in your description.

Thanks a lot, with you i can beat pro titan . I love u.

Rixa

If you toss me a friend request, you should be able to clear Raid ELT (takes some time tho).

Warp Break (42 mp) and when on close to 50 MP (needs to be above) use "Point-Warp" (50 mp).

There is small possibility to Land Slide after 5th turn (Remove one enemy from the fight). This has happened once to me in ELT.

Shouta

Argh, this 2-star Leviathan fight is ROUGH. I hope you guys have been saving your elemental resistance gear, lol.

Chinner

Banned
Happy to help brah!

If you toss me a friend request, you should be able to clear Raid ELT (takes some time tho).

Warp Break (42 mp) and when on close to 50 MP (needs to be above) use "Point-Warp" (50 mp).

There is small possibility to Land Slide after 5th turn (Remove one enemy from the fight). This has happened once to me in ELT.

Id run a evade Noctis but I only have the equipment to get him to 85% currently. Probably not worth it if I can't get to 100%

Celegus

Argh, this 2-star Leviathan fight is ROUGH. I hope you guys have been saving your elemental resistance gear, lol.

Do you have Marie? Or do we need even more than that? I have her Rainbow Robe, but some Arsha's Talismans wouldn't be a bad idea too.

Shouta

I should do another Melody of Life.

You'll probably get access to the enhanced Minfillia TM by the time Leviathan shows up so there's 15% version that's easier to get. =P

Do you have Marie? Or do we need even more than that? I have her Rainbow Robe, but some Arsha's Talismans wouldn't be a bad idea too.

I have Olif, who's Marie lite but you need 100% resistance in gear to water on top of a 100% resistance to water buff because Leviathan hits you with a Water debuff midway through the fight. Or at least as close as possible to 100% in gear

He also hits you with Ice and Wind attacks too. lol

Chinner

Banned
You'll probably get access to the enhanced Minfillia TM by the time Leviathan shows up so there's 15% version that's easier to get. =P

I have Olif, who's Marie lite but you need 100% resistance in gear to water on top of a 100% resistance to water buff because Leviathan hits you with a Water debuff midway through the fight. Or at least as close as possible to 100% in gear

I'm currently tm grinding melody of life. Don't think having too many resist materia Is a bad thing!

Rixa

Id run a evade Noctis but I only have the equipment to get him to 85% currently. Probably not worth it if I can't get to 100%

I tested my 95% Evade = <50% Evade. Then people said in Discord to grab SwordBreaker :p.

I'm currently tm grinding melody of life. Don't think having too many resist materia Is a bad thing!

I have 2 Minfilia TM's maybe I get one more during this raid.

Lucreto

Just sent you a request going to give elite a try.

Going to give your Noct another try. Titan killed him with just under half health for me.

Edit: Tried again and didn't survive. Titan is really tough.

Edit 2: Chinner character died early in.

Syntsui

Does Garuda event banner have Moogles as possible summons?

I suspect they removed them because of this TM enhancements thing.

Valentus

Heres my video of The True Titan

Nothing more to add here than you already spoke of. Im really pissed on Gumi because they throw at us this kind of trial without WoL or Tilith or even Agrais 6 star.

This trial was a hard "fuck you" from gumi to all the players that still hasnt got a beast DPS

Vashetti

Banned
Comfortably beating ELT on the raid, or getting close enough so that the slight difference in finishing points doesn't really matter

Feels good

Does anyone know where today's daily NRG restores go after you claim them in your mailbox? I can't find them anywhere and I'm 100% positive they weren't applied to me because I had 7 NRG at the time I claimed them and it didn't budge from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom