• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamn tumult RNG in the trial keeps fucking me over, even with golem, Ling break, and Noctis max LB up he can wreck my shit if he decides to use it over and over again. and his health and down to nothing too........

Xion86

Nice, got Yda and Papalymo after my first two Raid coin redeems :).

Oh, can you actually see a units Evade % to know it's at 100%?

EDarkness

Thanks for the advice of taking a healer. I added Y'shtola to my group and I was able to beat ELT Titan without too much trouble. Still get people turned to stone, but that seems to not be a big problem. At least I've been able to take Titan out in about 3 rounds.

Xion86

Add it up manually, or use the eq calculator to see if what you're putting on is indeed what you think it is~

Thought that would be the case...Yeah I might give the calculator a go then, thanks.

Spent the rest of the NRG I had after doing the Trial to continue on with the story. Also love how many Cactuars we get from Raid rewards! :)

Lyrian

Got Trial Titan on my third try.

-- First Try: IdontknowwhatI'mdoing.gif

-- Second Try: What do you mean that he dispells himself when the core emerges? The debuff icon is still up...... wait, debuffs reverted back to the way they were in the Ifrit raid? Ahh crap, RIP run.

-- Third Try: Nearly smooth as butter until the very end. RNGesus played nice with me on Tumult, and Titan's thresholds were cleanly hit on turns 4 and 8, respectively. Phase 3 is some complete garbage though. Got Tumulted 7x on the same turn on Turn 9, but saved myself via Ling + Refia DC + Cecil Curajas. Not so lucky on the second 7x Tumult on Turn 11, taking out both Refia and Ling. Fortunately, at that point, I was able to go all-in on Turn 12 and sealed the deal for the win and complete clear.

For those without OVERWHELMING POWER, this one is another RNG-laced bullshit-fest, just like Echidna. Every turn may or may not be the team's last, depending on if Titan wants Tumult 3x or 7x that round.

Isn't WoL 6* designed to tank AoE physical hits?

Lyrian

Reset the app and reroll the turn if you guys are having problem with the RNG.

That works, even on opponent's turns to cause them to re-roll their actions that round?

Have to admit though, the Phase 3 music was pretty wicked. Still, not going through that fight again just to hear it once more.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah I'm on my 3rd try but will get the hang of it.

My team:
Noctis
Yun
Reberta
Refia
Cecil

Thinking about subbing out Yun for Ling but her HP is super low. How are you all dressing her out?

Syntsui

That works, even on opponent's turns to cause them to re-roll their actions that round?

Have to admit though, the Phase 3 music was pretty wicked. Still, not going through that fight again just to hear it once more.
Yeah, the targets change.

Lyrian

Yeah I'm on my 3rd try but will get the hang of it.

My team:
Noctis
Yun
Reberta
Refia
Cecil

Thinking about subbing out Yun for Ling but her HP is super low. How are you all dressing her out?

Double Muscle Belt + 4x HP +15% gets her over 5k health. As all she is doing is breaking and entrusting, she doesn't need anything else.

Yeah, the targets change.

Good to know. I'll keep that nugget of knowledge in my back pocket for the future.

Alkez

This is mine.

UOOUuKTl.png
xnzZrTql.png

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Oh man she makes all the difference! I got him down to maybe 12% but RNG got me at the last. Gonna give it another shot here in a minute.

You can solo RAID Elt with my Noctis or DrRobs Noctis. 100% Evade works in Raid. So yet again easy raid for Shouta :p

100% Evade also helps in Trial. Thunder Flask works to Trial boss, helps to that Weight of the Land spell.

What's the 100% Evade build for Noctis? It'd be a nice build to have in my back pocket for tough events and maybe more regularly when I get Tidus to use as the powerhouse
don't laugh!
Also, it doesn't show the evasion stat anywhere, right? You're just adding up what you can check online? I know he has inherent 20% and two quick assaults get me another 20%. I have two Sazh's plus I could obviously learn Ring of Lucci. The ring and one dice would get me to 85%. I'm guessing you guys have four Quick Assaults? I hope I get another two shines when I go all out on the FFX banner.

Broseybrose

So I just put my Aileen up with Stone Killer materia, Excal, Second Knife, and Golem and she's at 619 ATK

Im working on Artisan, DW, Blade Mastery and another Quick Assault just for her.

I was thinking of giving her Genji Blade and DW and BM from my Noctis just to boost her ATK for the raid, but I hate moving equips around. That would probably get her ATK over 800.

But since Im sharing the unit for the raid, if you guys want me to, Ill do it to get her ATK as high as possible. Let me know!

Also I make sure to bring a Friendlandu to the fight since my two attackers are using Excalibur.

Team:
Aileen
Noctis
Ling
Refia
Marie (for XP, still leveling her)

Ken

What's the 100% Evade build for Noctis? It'd be a nice build to have in my back pocket for tough events and maybe more regularly when I get Tidus to use as the powerhouse
don't laugh!
Also, it doesn't show the evasion stat anywhere, right? You're just adding up what you can check online? I know he has inherent 20% and two quick assaults get me another 20%. I have two Sazh's plus I could obviously learn Ring of Lucci. The ring and one dice would get me to 85%. I'm guessing you guys have four Quick Assaults? I hope I get another two shines when I go all out on the FFX banner.

There was the Kiyomori katana from FFT2 (?) that gives 10% evasion and also Assassin's Vest from Echidna for another 10%.

Lyrian

LOL, no one outside of the ultra whales is pushing on this raid at all.

Been haphazardly using raid orbs all day, and with one set of freebie orbs from a rank-up, I'm sitting in the top 3k already.

I guess that's what happens when the non-lunar-whale tier event rewards are crap tier.

Syntsui

LOL, no one outside of the ultra whales is pushing on this raid at all.

Been haphazardly using raid orbs all day, and with one set of freebie orbs from a rank-up, I'm sitting in the top 3k already.

I guess that's what happens when the non-lunar-whale tier event rewards are crap tier.
The bots will do some work on Sunday.

There was the Kiyomori katana from FFT2 (?) that gives 10% evasion and also Assassin's Vest from Echidna for another 10%.

I passed on that kitana but haven't done Echidna yet so could hit 95% without available resources. Although I haven't obtained the ring and dice but I have the units to farm them. Actually am farming the ring right now but only about to hit 50% and haven't started with the Sazh's at all. Guess I should toss one of them into the rotation soon.

Lyrian

The bots will do some work on Sunday.

Will need to for most to get to that King Burst Pot at the end of the rainbow. 3.75m is going to pretty much require a full 14 day push at the max the raid gets to even be realizable outside of refreshing or bot assistance.

Also, will be interesting to see if the client x.x.+1 version has a fix in it for the exploits the bots were using last raid.

Oh shit I just realized they are finally giving us refresh potions!!

Yup, yup. First potions are tomorrow, so there should be a news announcement about them when the server day flips.

Somehow I have 45 Kelsus shards already, how?
Daily quest give 5 but where did I get 40 more x)

-- 10 from daily login calendar reward
-- 10 from 1st Kelsus raid achievement
-- 20 from 2nd Kelsius raid achievement
-- 5 from daily raid vortex quest

There's one more raid achievement that's easy to hit that will yield 50 more shards for this event.

So, with daily and general event participation, 300 shards should be easy to hit by the end of the month's time limit.

tuffymon

I passed on that kitana but haven't done Echidna yet so could hit 95% without available resources. Although I haven't obtained the ring and dice but I have the units to farm them. Actually am farming the ring right now but only about to hit 50% and haven't started with the Sazh's at all. Guess I should toss one of them into the rotation soon.

Katana 10
Dagger 5
Body 10
Ring 25
Die 20
Quick Assault 10
First Strike 5
Soilels Tm 5
(whatever Y'da's) is 10, but not stackable!

mix and match whatever you have/can get

Lyrian

man i keep getting slaughtered once i get to his heart.

Learned this the hard way..... you need to immediately re-break the body (not the core) as soon as the core appears. Even though the game will show the break icon on Titan, he dispels himself when the core appears and the break icons do NOT go away.

As a result, he will auto-wipe your team unless the ATK break is re-applied as soon as the core appears at 60%.

Lyrian

Wow, you really need a lot of these raid TMs to craft their upgraded versions for incremental gains in the 3rd FF14 raid.

Ysh: 2 required --> +5% DEF/SPR
Minfilia: 2 required --> +5% resist all elements
Yda: 3 required --> +5% ATK/dodge
Papalymo: 3 required --> +5% HP/MAG
Thancred: 5 required --> +5% HP/ATK

Muku

LOL. Waited forever first raid to get Y'shtola. Finally got her at end of raid rewards then got her from a pull. (Kept the pull one since I mastered and then 25%'d the extra one.. glad i kept it now.) This time first 5k pull..... Y'shtola. Haha.

Celegus

Second attempt at trial (now that I knew to target the core) was super easy. Used Cecil Refia Ling Yun Setzer + friend Aileen

Have 35k coins to use already but 235/235 unit slots and nobody really to level. Guess I'm gonna have to buy some slots.

Lyrian

Second attempt at trial (now that I knew to target the core) was super easy. Used Cecil Refia Ling Yun Setzer + friend Aileen

Have 35k coins to use already but 235/235 unit slots and nobody really to level. Guess I'm gonna have to buy some slots.

Grats on the clear!

When you do pull on the raid banner, you probably will need to. It rains gold crystals like candy. I've already had multiple 50 pulls where there were more gold crystals than blue ones. No one will have to worry about there being TM moogles, except for maybe Ysh. Everyone else drops as commonly as pulling Shadow on a daily.

Lyrian

Cleared out quests and ELT Titan, but I haven't attempted the trial yet... oh wait, it's timed? Oh, no.

And it's an Esper kill? Dammit.

No, you just have to summon it.

Andvary is correct.

The news feed is wrong in stating that you need an esper kill. The in-game mission achievement requires just a summon anytime during the fight. That alone is rather challenging to survive long enough to fill up the esper bar, as no current summoners can possibly survive trial Titan's constant Tumults each turn. The longer the fight goes on, the greater the chance that RNG will end your run on each subsequent turn.

Broseybrose

Andvary is correct.

The news feed is wrong in stating that you need an esper kill. The in-game mission achievement requires just a summon anytime during the fight. That alone is rather challenging to survive long enough to fill up the esper bar, as no current summoners can possibly survive trial Titan's constant Tumults each turn. The longer the fight goes on, the greater the chance that RNG will end your run on each subsequent turn.

I just put Rydia in my party, equipped her with all the extra HP I could, and had her defend every turn until the summon. Wasnt too hard.

Also my first 5k raid summon landed me 2 Ysh and 2 Minfilia. Of course the rates are gonna be great considering theyre units we already have....

EDarkness

Yda might be worthwhile​ if you're lacking dualwield and need a damage dealer. She's a doublehand character with a unique combo mechanic where after doing a certain sequence, she gets to do her attack 4 times in the same turn, I think.

I was checking on Yda's abilities and I don't see Doublehand on her list. I guess she gets it through some other item?

Shouta

I was checking on Yda's abilities and I don't see Doublehand on her list. I guess she gets it through some other item?

Oh! Brainfart. She gains it from enhancements later. However, her mechanic, if it's the same as JP, doesn't work with Dual-wield so she's better suited to Doublehand.

J-Tier

Got super lucky. Got a Papalymo and Yshtola.

Replaced my Lula who is redundant with Papalymo, and Refia with Yshtola.

Current team: Setzer, Papalymo, Yshtola, Grace and King.

I may swap King eventually.

Chinner

Banned
Wow, you really need a lot of these raid TMs to craft their upgraded versions for incremental gains in the 3rd FF14 raid.

how do you craft? with a recipe?

Alkez

I want to make an all-white-hair arena team. Anyone wanna help?

Can we use dupes? Cause if so I'm building a team of 4 Sice stacked with HP. 4 x aoe death is bound to work lol.

Hmm, that would make it a slightly worse magic version of wisdom. That's pretty good imo, and for only 5% less mag it may be worth running that over mag+30%.

I was sick of tumult rng on the trial so I just used the reset trick until I got a turn where he doesn't spam it a billion times.

Sakura is low key a very good(niche) unit with that damage mitigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom