• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Ok......
I really want Ramza...
I'll buy lapis for it you fucking game....
First paid pull of of day....

dkxGvhF.jpg

NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Wow. That's your second double 5* 10+1 pull if I remember correctly!

Your luck is back! Gratz!

Gave in and spent my 5,000 lapis on a 11-pull because I only have 1 Bartz and want Double Hand done. Moogles are currently going to Olive to get her TM.

Got 2 Bartz in the pull and a Snow to give me 3, making Champions Belt a realistic TM get.

Also got Shine #3 which is great and 2nd Edgar for chain goodness with my Olive. Agrias #4, Mercedes #5 and Alma #4.

Might not be the nicest looking 11-pull but it gave me exactly what I needed to make my TM farming goals realistic.

Yeah I might be out of the Orlandu sweepstakes but let's be real, as F2P I wasn't getting him anyways.

That trial felt like utter chaos. Every turn felt like damage control save for a couple. At one point I only had Cecil and Refia still alive. Thought I got the LB kill, but apparently not.

Really awesome trial. I'll give a it a go again to finish the rewards after completing a couple more TMs.

Does it say something about the state of Global when this trial is billed to be the ultimate test and a lot of people cleared it relatively easily. There's a even a OTK video out there.

So what's next?

bonkeng

Finally got the time to try Greg's Trial.

Well that was easier than I thought. Got all achievement in my first try.

Bartz and Noctis handle the sealing. Cecil and Refia for defense. Friend Noctis for support.

Syntsui

That trial felt like utter chaos. Every turn felt like damage control save for a couple. At one point I only had Cecil and Refia still alive. Thought I got the LB kill, but apparently not.

Really awesome trial. I'll give a it a go again to finish the rewards after completing a couple more TMs.

Does it say something about the state of Global when this trial is billed to be the ultimate test and a lot of people cleared it relatively easily. There's a even a OTK video out there.

So what's next?
Japanese players apparently give less a fuck about TM farming, so they were caught off guard by this trial when it was released there, I guess.

In our favor we have a mentality of chasing TMs religiously as well as much better units than Japan had at the time, like Noctis and Olive. The real challenge for everyone will be Siren + Ifrit trial which will require us to summon Siren to get one of the rewards as well as a lot of management to kill both of them at the same time.

H3xum

I just can't survive through the HP thresholds. Inevitably my Bartz/Sealer will die then I have to spend the next round rezzing and it is all over

Do I need a magic baker or something?

Xion86

Yeah shared Noctis with Excalibur+Chirijiraden.

Good luck with your rematch with Greg.

Well, unfortunately I couldn't recover after the third threshold kill with Vals tank Noctis and the unit wasn't available after. So I had to change things up, guess who came back up again? Your Noctis! :).

This was good because I removed Lightning who was using Chiri, and your Noctis had Excalibur and a Tridant (thanks). As you had water covered, I removed the Tridant from my Noctis and replaced it with the Chriri to cover the missing fire.

So I went in as follows:
Noctis: Light / Fire weapons and used Stonra Blade.
Refia: Cures, Full Revives on threshold kills, Dispell, Debuffs (I had Thunder on her but never used it as I used your Noctis for Thunder Flask later).
Cecil: Wind weapon, Provoke, odd Curaga spell here and there.
Ling: Wind weapon, MP up for party.
Noctis (bonkeng): Light / Water weapons and used Thunder Flask.

gKx5vPvl.png

1RVHfJVl.png

I just can't survive through the HP thresholds. Inevitably my Bartz/Sealer will die then I have to spend the next round rezzing and it is all over

Do I need a magic baker or something?

I had this same problem yesterday, and it was very frustrating.

The trick is to recognize when you are about to hit the thresholds and evoke Golem and/or let loose with Cecil's LB. (If you are using Cecil, of course.) Try and make sure you tank has provoke enabled, and Gilgy's insta-KO should target them. If everyone else is full health, you SHOULD be able to make it through with just the one death.

Also, try and have as much redundancy as possible with your sealing. Try and make sure that you have each element covered twice, especially fire, wind, holy, and thunder. Water and earth you can probably go a round or two and miss it. Even if you throw Ramuh on someone for the weakass thunder spell, at least it seals it.

H3xum

Can you post your team and equipment set up?

Who are you using besides Butz?

I am greedily trying to do the 5 man right out of the chute because that 30% is a game changer for me, but anyhoot:

Refia (Ramuh)
4.6k HP - DC

Cecil (Golem)
8k HP - Survival Edge for Wind

Bartz (Diablo)
4.5 HP - Trident and Excal DW. Wind Slashing
423 attack

Olive (Odin)
4.6 HP - Nothing elemental, just my dmg source
913 attack

Friend Noctis to cover Fire

I think I need Refia and Bartz to have more HP but then I just don't know what else. I guess scrap Olive for Firion + Man Eater? I can give him Kaiser Knucks + Saka + DW + BM I guess. Should I prioritize Fire coverage over Holy and switch Bartz Excal for the Chij

bonkeng

Well, unfortunately I couldn't recover after the third threshold kill with Vals tank Noctis and the unit wasn't available after. So I had to change things up, guess who came back up again? Your Noctis! :).

This was good because I removed Lightning who was using Chiri, and your Noctis had Excalibur and a Tridant (thanks). As you had water covered, I removed the Tridant from my Noctis and replaced it with the Chriri to cover the missing fire.

So I went in as follows:
Noctis: Light / Fire weapons and used Stonra Blade.
Refia: Cures, Full Revives on threshold kills, Dispell, Debuffs (I had Thunder on her but never used it as I used your Noctis for Thunder Flask later).
Cecil: Wind weapon, Provoke, odd Curaga spell here and there.
Ling: Wind weapon, MP up for party.
Noctis (bonkeng): Light / Water weapons and used Thunder Flask.

gKx5vPvl.png

1RVHfJVl.png

Nice! Gratz on the clear :D

I am greedily trying to do the 5 man right out of the chute because that 30% is a game changer for me, but anyhoot:

Refia (Ramuh)
4.6k HP - DC

Cecil (Golem)

Bartz (Diablo)
423 attack

Olive (Odin)
913 attack

I think I need Refia and Bartz to have more HP but then I just don't know what else. I guess scrap Olive for Firion + Man Eater? I can give him Kaiser Knucks + Saka + DW + BM I guess. Should I prioritize Fire coverage over Holy and switch Bartz Excal for the Chij

Prioritize HP equipment and materia over attack. This trial is all about survival. Your unit's high attack won't matter if they're dead.

Olive is not ideal, replace her with Ling or any other support unit.

Equip Bartz with Golem Staff and Trident, with Gale Barrage. Noctis friend with Excalibur and Chiji with Thunder Flask should cover all element seal.

Your Cecil and Refia are fine.

Do you have Ling? She'll make your life much easier.

H3xum

Prioritize HP equipment and materia over attack. This trial is all about survival. Your unit's high attack won't matter if they're dead.

Olive is not ideal, replace her with Ling or any other support unit.

Equip Bartz with Golem Staff and Trident, with Gale Barrage. Noctis friend with Excalibur and Chiji with Thunder Flask should cover all element seal.

Your Cecil and Refia are fine.

Do you have Ling? She'll make your life much easier.

:(

No

Knowing that, what do you think about Firion opposed to Olive? Or even a Rain so I can break + cover a handful of elements?

Valentus

Can you all Who helped me yesterday keep your refias with dc as leaders? I need refias to keep progresing un my ultimate f2p run (but with dualcast is not so f2p... But whatever)

So please refias leaders!!!

Thank you all!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got another Shine today, so unsure if I should get 2 30% or 3 30%. Thinking 2 to save time, since I already have the 30% from Giglamesh, 30% from Maxwell. I think I'd rather free up two spots earlier to start the next TM. So the next set of TMs is going to be 2x Leon, 3x Shine for 3 TMs. I feel like we'll be getting more and more 30% ATKs as we come anyways. Not to mention most characters can only use one or two additional ones. Need one spot for DW, One for BM, etc.

I'd also like to start picking up more on the Defensive/support TMs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Can you all Who helped me yesterday keep your refias with dc as leaders? I need refias to keep progresing un my ultimate f2p run (but with dualcast is not so f2p... But whatever)

So please refias leaders!!!

Thank you all!

Done, set to leader.

bonkeng

No

Knowing that, what do you think about Firion opposed to Olive? Or even a Rain so I can break + cover a handful of elements?

Rain would've been good but he'll die too often due to his cover. Snow is also another good option. If not, then go with Firion and make him your main dd. Excal+Chiji+BM+Maneater.

across

A decently TM'd Firion is fine as a damage source in this fight. I used mine as essentially 100% of the damage in my 5-man clear. Diabolos, Man Eater materia, PoCreation, and HP+15% (saved him twice. YMMV) I ran Firion/Refia/Ramza/Cecil/Snow. You can drop Snow for Cecil w/ Golem pretty safely, I think, and replace him with a friend Noctis or what have you.

I'm personally of the opinion breaking Earth isn't really necessary but that may be a factor of running double tank and healer with 5k HP on everyone. Hence I didn't bother with Rain.

Give Bartz a thunder weapon+Trident and have him handle those two + wind with Wind Barrage,
Firion with Chirijiraden/Excal to handle Fire/Light,
and you should be good?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

No

The goal is not damage, but to survive and last.

Friend Noctis can cover Lightning, Fire, and Light pretty easily and he most likely will not die. He can do all of that without sacrificing any damage. So he is your damage dealer.

The other four should take care of elements.

Buttz or Snow are the two next best bets. If you have DW, Buttz will inch out more since he can hit three elements. Snow max's out at two. Buttz can also do a full MP revival on a character. But Snow is tankier and will more likely be targeted rather than the most needed one. Not to say Buttz is a slouch either. But Snow can cover Wind + Water and Vice Versa with Buttz(Add in Earth if DW). Good thing about Snow was though, I needed to do nothing with him. Aquastrike was 9MP. He never ran out of juice.

The other three need to be.
Tank
Refia with DC
MP bot... unless you feel confined you can blow through it quick. Then bring Olive for damage, back up element for Buttz, so he can replinish when you need it.

Alkez

Haven't even attempted Gilgamesh yet. Just don't have the time atm.

So Orlandu's Holy Explosion enhancements math out to about 780% or so, I think. That's after Ignore Target Defense and the Elemental resistance. So he's basically a little weaker than Eileen in attack modifier. He's also technically weaker than Tidus in regards to modifier as well, after you calculate elemental weapon/elemental debuff but Tidus' Quick Trick is hard to chain comparatively, so it might even out a little bit.

I'm actually surprised by the final numbers. When Nazta put up the enhancements I assumed a medium increase would be close to 50% as Eileen's was a "medium" increase. As you say, evens it out a little bit more I guess. Eileen has a bit more power and equipment versatility. Orlandu has a little bit more move versatility with his break and thunder skills, and Tidus is the most versatile of them all but hardest to chain.

Finally lost to the 4 Noctii + Ling dude in the arena. Feels bad, man.

I'm so tired of these guys lol. Fought that dude this morning. Good thing I have ribbons on half my squad.

Just got Lucina in Fire Emblem, my luck today is through the roof. Holy shit.

Wasn't she who you were trying to get when you were rerolling on day 1?

The best suggestion I can give is to make sure you have a backup sealer for high priority elements. Espers and whatever can provide some magic support.

If you rely on Noct to cover the 3 elements, but he needs to Jump or Cover to regain mp....you're done. Or if the sealer dies, you're in trouble.

Spread out and have some backups just in case things go sideways.

across

The goal is not damage, but to survive and last.

Good thing about Snow was though, I needed to do nothing with him. Aquastrike was 9MP. He never ran out of juice.

This is kind of an underappreciated benefit of running a tanky party - you have spare actions. I didn't bring Ling, but Snow w/ Golem singlehandedly trivializes the only mechanic that can actually end a run if you're dutiful about sealing elements... but literally the only thing he needs to do to accomplish this is have Provoke up before breakpoints. Aside from that he can happily spend the whole fight tossing Ethers and Chocolate at people. Even my Cecil had multiple turns where he could throw consumables or help offheal or keep Imperil up or etc..

I value a smooth ride versus a fast one. To each their own!

Lyrian

Grats to all the GAF Gilgamesh slayers!

I'll get around to it one of these days, lol. 40 EN too much for me to spend on a non-guaranteed run when I can get guaranteed returns (albeit lesser in quality) elsewhere.

Grats on the new GAF Ramzas out there as well! Brave suits ahoy!

Meanwhile, in the last ice age, I'm still farming phantoma, lol.

Shock to no one, I'm banking that the spawn rates for the golden bomb and Nimbus were "corrected" in the down time. 3 bombs and 3 Nimbii yesterday, using natural energy only.

Including this gem, from my last run of the night:

9DCQsRe.png

If yesterday wasn't one hell of a statistical anomaly, maybe I will get around to attempting Greg this week.

Xion86

Time to redo my teams for the event and Arena. Quite a lot I need to get from the Mog King still.

I've kept my Noctis shared, with Light / Fire / Earth / Man-Eater / Jeweled Ring.

Grats to all the GAF Gilgamesh slayers!

I'll get around to it one of these days, lol. 40 EN too much for me to spend on a non-guaranteed run when I can get guaranteed returns (albeit lesser in quality) elsewhere.

Grats on the new GAF Ramzas out there as well! Brave suits ahoy!

Meanwhile, in the last ice age, I'm still farming phantoma, lol.

Shock to no one, I'm banking that the spawn rates for the golden bomb and Nimbus were "corrected" in the down time. 3 bombs and 3 Nimbii yesterday, using natural energy only.

Including this gem, from my last run of the night:

If yesterday wasn't one hell of a statistical anomaly, maybe I will get around to attempting Greg this week.

That's one hell of a run. I have not noticed any changes to the rates. According to my guide, I've beaten Brionac 111 times and have only seen Nimbus once and a Golden Bomb four times. And none at all in the past 2 days.

Visceir

So now that we have this horrible banner, i must say that bushido-freedom makes ramza and dkc pretty competent damage dealers. But, if you indeed have bushido-freedom means you probably have better units to use XD

I liked having the materia on Firion in JP before his enhancements hit. A high dmg modifier skill was exactly what he was missing pre-enhancements. Obviously still primarly suited vs monsters he has killers for.

Refia (Ramuh)
4.6k HP - DC

Cecil (Golem)

Bartz (Diablo)
423 attack

Olive (Odin)
913 attack

HP on your units is too low. Muscle Belts on all units. Surviving is key. Your friend unit is to be used for DPS. Refia on Ramuh and as much HP/MP as you can. Mine had 365 mp. Replace Olive with Firion and ensure you have proper elemental coverage. Most important elements to cover are fire, wind, holy, and after 50% lightning but Lightning can only be covered with Magic or hybrid skill such as Nocts Thunder Flask. At 50% threshold pop golem to mitigate a lot of the damage that will be dealt, ensure all units are topped off when you're about to break the 50% mark.

Got another Shine today, so unsure if I should get 2 30% or 3 30%. Thinking 2 to save time, since I already have the 30% from Giglamesh, 30% from Maxwell. I think I'd rather free up two spots earlier to start the next TM. So the next set of TMs is going to be 2x Leon, 3x Shine for 3 TMs. I feel like we'll be getting more and more 30% ATKs as we come anyways. Not to mention most characters can only use one or two additional ones. Need one spot for DW, One for BM, etc.

I think I was able to get 4 Shines, 5 would have been over kill. Both Noct and Ling will get 2 each. The only defensive TM's I've completed are Ribbon (I've pulled so many kefkas that I was able to go from 0-100% lol!), HP 30%, 1 Hill Digger ( i have another I can make), 1 Arsha's Talisman ( I have 5 more I can make). I need to complete 2 of Seven's TMs, 2 Sazh, another dual cast (not really defensive but I need it), 2 Garnets for melody of life and many more. The back log is insane.

bonkeng

I think I was able to get 4 Shines, 5 would have been over kill. Both Noct and Ling will get 2 each. The only defensive TM's I've completed are Ribbon (I've pulled so many kefkas that I was able to go from 0-100% lol!), HP 30%, 1 Hill Digger ( i have another I can make), 1 Arsha's Talisman ( I have 5 more I can make). I need to complete 2 of Seven's TMs, 2 Sazh, another dual cast (not really defensive but I need it), 2 Garnets for melody of life and many more. The back log is insane.

I battled your arena team a few minutes ago. Your Ling's evade is admirable, but not full 100%. What did you put on her?

Shine is a unique one in my opinion. The fact that her TM also gives evasion makes it far more viable than the other 30% ATK options. She is the only non 5* base that I won't fuse, and would single farm for every one I had.

I battled your arena team a few minutes ago. Your Ling's evade is admirable, but not full 100%. What did you put on her?

Bro she doesn't even have a chest piece on right now, wtf lol, not sure how I let that happen haha. She's got Evade from Cyan, Ring of Lucii, speed plus and Bushido for testing purposes, hp 30%, cat hat from BCL, Muscle Belt, and her chest should be brave suit or black belt gi.

bonkeng

Bro she doesn't even have a chest piece on right now, wtf lol. She's got Evade from Cyan, Ring of Lucii, speed plus and Bushido for testing purposes, hp 30%, cat hat from BCL, Muscle Belt, and her chest should be brave suit or black belt gi.

Y...y....you mean......she's....ha..half nnnnnnaked?

No wonder my team can't concentrate on hitting her. They're all distracted on something.

Muku

Since only one I don't have on banner is Ramza... going to be doing dailies. Not having much faith when today is Shera. -_-;

Thank you for the advice, everyone, I will try again when I have the NRG

I must not understand how Emperor works

Fire From Below:

Type: Special Ability (Active)
Effect:
Fire magic damage (2x) with consecutive damage increase (2x, Max: 10) to one enemy
Hits: 1
MP: 25

He basically built it up 9x against the Chizuru's on his team who were constantly evading > he built up Lings LB which gives -50% fire resist debuff on all targets > did some mag buff from Cupid Artemois that I'm unfamiliar with then used the now 10x Fire From Below to do close to 900k damage to Gilgamesh.

Soooooo I discovered a glitch with olive but ssshhhhh don't tell gumi!!!!

I accidently attacked with a unit I didn't mean to , so I closed out the game to hopefully take back my action. When I reopened it, to my surprise Olive launched her 3rd round mortar again. And it indeed landed 3 turns later. So basically you can keep launching this thing by closing out the app and reopening it. Wheeeeeee!!!!!

Soooooo I discovered a glitch with olive but ssshhhhh don't tell gumi!!!!

I accidently attacked with a unit I didn't mean to , so I closed out the game to hopefully take back my action. When I reopened it, to my surprise Olive launched her 3rd round mortar again. And it indeed landed 3 turns later. So basically you can keep launching this thing by closing out the app and reopening it. Wheeeeeee!!!!!

new hour long gilgamesh cheese confirmed lol! (Don't try this, Gumi may be watching and they did some bans this morning per Reddit).

Thank you for the advice, everyone, I will try again when I have the NRG

I must not understand how Emperor works

Regarding your Gilga attempt, if you can cover all elements I can set my Noct to use Death Bring/Chiri instead of Excal Chiri. That would give you 3 man eater stacks instead of 2 that my Noct provides. Let me know and I will put it on him. 800 atk, 3 man eaters, ~350 mp 5.8k-6k hp.

Syntsui

Gumi banned people that were cheating altering the game data for injections. They can't and won't ever ban people soft reseting a mobile game, that would bring some big problems to them.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to do two more pulls. Guy and Medius. Not bad, since I want TM's to both. Puts me at 3 of each, where I said I would only do Medius if I got 5.

That's no different than every other glitch that involves closing and opening. They won't ban, but what they will do if it becomes a habit is add in more "No continues" or you crash and it exits out. Basically, fucking it over for everyone else.

RedZaraki

Banned
Close your eyes and picture your most wanted unit in the game right now.

Think about how much it would be cool to pull that unit. How it would really help your team.

Now open your eyes.

Your 21st ticket pull from now will be that unit.

I GUAR-AN-TEE.

Not actually guaranteed. No money back.

creid

Didn't notice that Shine's banner was ending last night, meant to waste a few more tickets trying to get one :/
I did get 2 Nimbi yesterday in 3 runs, but I figured it was just me. It's nice to get almost a full day's worth of currency in a few runs <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom