• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Completely unrelated and off top: FE Heroes 80 orbs spent hoping to get waifu Tharja, mission failed. Fucking depressing man.

I got lucky as hell and got 5* Bride Lyn! I wanted her and got lucky. Wish I could get regular Lucina, but I haven't gotten lucky. I don't pay money, so I can keep FE: Heroes and FFBE in my life, but I can't do more than that. Especially considering how much time both games asks of us. I tried the new event in FE: Heroes and it's sooooo grindy. Not sure how much I want to participate in it.

One last thing, blew most of my orbs trying to get Lucina, but no luck. Kept getting crap units on red orbs. I never want to see another Hinata again.

Alkez

Completely unrelated and off top: FE Heroes 80 orbs spent hoping to get waifu Tharja, mission failed. Fucking depressing man.

Ah I feel for you. I quit that game and only came back because I pulled a perfect nature Tharja right before I quit (and that was only because I was rage pulling lol). She's carried me through everything since I came back. Built correctly she's a scary unit.

The problem I have with that game is the gacha is the absolute worst. It's so hard to get anything on banner, and then when you do you can get screwed by natures. I just built a team of 3* bases around Tharja and have stuck with them. Any other teams I'm building (like pony and flier emblem) I'm doing with mostly grand hero battle units and 3*s. I don't chase banner units anymore unless they're time limited (like Bridal Lyn lmao) but it's less to use them and more just to have them (or for inheritance).

I'll have to type it out since I'm at work and file sharing sites like imgur are blocked.

105% evade Noctis with decent resists. THIS IF FOR THIS TRIAL AND DARK ESPERS ONLY, NOT BUILT FOR GILGAMESH AS I DO NOT HAVE THE SAFETY BIT EQUIPPED.

Noctis is 20% base evade per wiki. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis
Kiyomori 10%
Assassin's Vest 10%
20 sided die 20%
Ring of Lucii 25%
Heros shield - +20 all resists
Cat Ear Hood 20 fire ice earth holy
Quick Assault 10% evade 30% atk
Quick Assault 10% evade 30% atk
Power of Creation
Discernment for stat immunity.

That's 105% evade
40 fire ice earth
20 water
40 holy
20 dark
-30 wind (because using Golem for cover but not necessary, switched to Diablo's for demon killer for the trial)
70 earth

Nice. Ty

Pejo

So with the new trial shield it's (relatively) easy to make a full resist build.

Hero's shield + 4 Melody of Life (for people who can wear a heavy shield)
or
Hero's Shield + 3 Melody of Life + Rainbow Robe + Equip H Shield

Doesn't quite work with Refia since she needs a slot for dualcast but put that second build on Tilith with two Arsha's Talismans and you got one tough cookie.

Oh shit, or put it on Ling with two Lucii rings and a sword breaker for 100% element resist, 95% evade. Dear god...

Disgusting. Nobody do this.

What would you even kill her with? Meteor and Ultima/Alterna?

I got lucky as hell and got 5* Bride Lyn! I wanted her and got lucky. Wish I could get regular Lucina, but I haven't gotten lucky. I don't pay money, so I can keep FE: Heroes and FFBE in my life, but I can't do more than that. Especially considering how much time both games asks of us. I tried the new event in FE: Heroes and it's sooooo grindy. Not sure how much I want to participate in it.

One last thing, blew most of my orbs trying to get Lucina, but no luck. Kept getting crap units on red orbs. I never want to see another Hinata again.

Hinata is great for inheritance.

Syntsui

Fire Emblem is a weird game that hooks me up for a week then I completely stop caring for a month. The Gacha there is definetely the worse of all out there, but for a 6-month old game they are better served than any other as far as their life span goes.

Right now Brave Exvius is the game I'm most dedicated thanks to Gumi good job with recent content updates. Dokkan Battle is an ABSURD grindfest and Record Keeper is stale despite the great gameplay.

Kouriozan

I'm hoarding orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes until I get my Black Knight there, so far I'm at 450 lmao!
There are taking so long I wouldn't be surprised to reach 700 orbs before they finally release him.

Of course I just log in daily, and super rarely do a battle or two.

EDarkness

Fire Emblem is a weird game that hooks me up for a week then I completely stop caring for a month. The Gacha there is definetely the worse of all out there, but for a 6-month old game they are better served than any other as far as their life span goes.

Right now Brave Exvius is the game I'm most dedicated thanks to Gumi good job with recent content updates. Dokkan Battle is an ABSURD grindfest and Record Keeper is stale despite the great gameplay.

You know, I'm the same way about FE: Heroes. I will go a month only logging in to get orbs, then have days where I'm playing everything. I don't think I have a character beyond level 30 because of how grindy it gets at that level.

I have been thinking about trying Granblue Fantasy, but not sure if I should. Anyone given that a try yet?

I'm hoarding orbs in Fire Emblem until I get my Black Knight there, so far I'm at 450 lmao!
There are taking so long I wouldn't be surprised to reach 700 orbs before they finally release him.

I'm going back to hoarding orbs since I depleted my supply trying to get Lucina. I doubt that's ever going to happen, so I'm just gonna start saving orbs. Sometimes I feel like pulling units is better in this game than that one. The need to get red orbs or some other color to even have a chance at the character you want sucks. I go many pulls without even a red orb so there would be no chance to get Lucina since she's a red unit. Wasted a lot of orbs on that alone. Ugh.

Syntsui

You know, I'm the same way about FE: Heroes. I will go a month only logging in to get orbs, then have days where I'm playing everything. I don't think I have a character beyond level 30 because of how grindy it gets at that level.

I have been thinking about trying Granblue Fantasy, but not sure if I should. Anyone given that a try yet?
All I heard about it is that the grind is beyond insane, I doubt it's worse than Dokkan Battle but who knows.

robotuw

Disgusting. Nobody do this.

What would you even kill her with? Meteor and Ultima/Alterna?

Eh, there are still ways. You could stop her, imperil her, non-elemental magic her like you said, or poison her and let her die slow :)

Since it appears the story event is coming to global un-messed-with can someone on JP explain how it works? Gumi's explanation is worse than useless. So there are a set of missions you have to take on in a row after spending all the NRG up front? How do the enhancement materials appear, as mission rewards or drops? If they are drops, can you farm the event for them or are they one-time only? How hard are the missions? Is it going to be trial-tier hard to get the good stuff?

I think I am done with it. It's a good, i'll even say great game as I love the FE universe and have many of the games on my 3DS. What I don't like is it's gatcha, the chibi sprites (this shit right here really annoys me as the art work is amazing but the whole chibi thing doesn't work for me), and FFBE has lots to do right now, more than ever. I spent $700 rolling for Lucina a few months back when I had that whale money and never got her. That shit left a real bad taste in my mouth and I no longer gave the game any money.

Shouta

Lots of healers do as much or more per turn as Ayaka does but her kit is basically everything in one which is why she's good.

Eh, there are still ways. You could stop her, imperil her, non-elemental magic her like you said, or poison her and let her die slow :)

Since it appears the story event is coming to global un-messed-with can someone on JP explain how it works? Gumi's explanation is worse than useless. So there are a set of missions you have to take on in a row after spending all the NRG up front? How do the enhancement materials appear, as mission rewards or drops? If they are drops, can you farm the event for them or are they one-time only? How hard are the missions? Is it going to be trial-tier hard to get the good stuff?

It's basically setup like the main story. An area has multiple battles to go through all with different conditions to meet to get special rewards. The difference is that once you embark on one of these story events, you can't exit it until you reach the end and you don't get your rewards until you finish. It's pretty simple and areas are usually 6-8 battles with some parts for story. enhancement materials drop from the mobs in the area. EN starts off low for one area at like 10 or 15 but the hard mode/final one is usually like 85 EN for the entire area.

Broseybrose

Any chance we could get a comprehensive list of all equip and materia that add to evade chance WITH hard numbers?

I know Yda's TM Spirit of Freedom has 10% chance to evade and ATK+15%.

So Ill start it off with the ones I know. Hopefully you guys can help me finish it? Just copy/paste and add to it.

Equip:
SwordBreaker - 10%
Kiyomori - 10%
Assassin's Vest - 10%
20 Sided Die - 20%
Ring of Lucci - 25%

Materia:
Quick Assault 10%
Evade - 10%
Spirit of Freedom 10%

Any chance we could get a comprehensive list of all equip and materia that add to evade chance WITH hard numbers?

So Ill start it off with the ones I know. Hopefully you guys can help me finish?

Equip:
SwordBreaker - 10%
Kiyomori - 10%
Assassin's Vest - 10%
20 Sided Die - 20%
Ring of Lucci - 25%

Materia:
Quick Assault 10%
Evade - 10%
Spirit of Freedom 10%

speed plus is 5%
First Strike 5%

Pejo

So Ill start it off with the ones I know. Hopefully you guys can help me finish it? Just copy/paste and add to it.

Equip:
SwordBreaker - 10%
Kiyomori - 10%
Assassin's Vest - 10%
20 Sided Die - 20%
Ring of Lucci - 25%

Materia:
Quick Assault 10%
Evade - 10%
Spirit of Freedom 10%

Swordbreaker is only 5% I think. Also there's Vampire Cloak from Draculasswel that's 10%

Ken

Equip:
SwordBreaker - 10%
Kiyomori - 10%
Assassin's Vest - 10%
20 Sided Die - 20%
Ring of Lucci - 25%

Materia:
Quick Assault 10%
Evade - 10%
Spirit of Freedom 10%

soleil TMR
Increase MP (20%) and MAG/SPR (10%)
Chance to evade physical damage taken (5%)

Broseybrose

swordbreaker is 5%
first strike is also 20% counter (which goes against lings build up...)
soliel's tm is 5% as well
Added First Strike and Miracle Step
speed plus is 5%
First Strike 5%
Added Speed Plus - I keep 2 of these on Ling, how could I forget?
Swordbreaker is only 5% I think. Also there's Vampire Cloak from Draculasswel that's 10%
Nobody has that cloak but I added it.
soleil TMR
Increase MP (20%) and MAG/SPR (10%)
Chance to evade physical damage taken (5%)
Got it.

I changed Swordbreaker to 5%

Nobody has Vampire Cloak but it still counts :p

Thanks guys!

Equip:
SwordBreaker - 5%
Kiyomori - 10%
Assassin's Vest - 10%
20 Sided Die - 20%
Ring of Lucci - 25%
Vampire Cloak - 10%
Lucky Bangles - 10% Evade ATK and MAG

Materia:
First Strike 5%
Speed Plus 5%
Miracle Step 5%
Quick Assault 10%
Evade - 10%
Spirit of Freedom 10%

Awesome. I have been wanting to make a list like this since I saw my first evasion build.

Xion86

Yesss!!

3qicEhql.png

fxNdwfJl.png

Managed to get all rewards in one. Cecil was the guy that saved my ass the most, and Refia REALLY helped with Dualcast Full Revive. It was all about survival at the end (when only Orthros was left), waiting until my party was fully up and healed before doing any form of debuff and attack.

Here is what I did, probably not much new but just in case it helps anyone:

First fight
Round 1:-
Refia: Embolden
Ling: Barstonra
Cecil: Dualcast Barwatera/Baraerora (don't think I needed both but did it anyway)
2x Orlandeau: Defend
(Don't attack him first turn)

Round 2:-
Refia: Dualcast Curaja
Ling: Feint Step
Cecil: Provoke
2x Orlandeau: Divine Ruination (chain)

Round 3 onwards:-
Refia: Dualcast Curaja
Ling: Feint Step/Daunting Step/Invigorating Dance
Cecil: Libra/Dualcast Curaja/Focus

Second Fight
Round 1:-
Refia: Embolden
Ling: Barstonra
Cecil: Dualcast Barwatera/Baraerora
2x Orlandeau: Defend
(Don't attack either first turn, I'm not sure if this was needed like before but did it anyway to be safe)

Round 2:-
Refia: Dualcast Full-Life (Cecil will have been one shotted) and Curaja
Ling: Daunting Step
Orlandeau: Giant Feather on Typhon (I'm not sure if I had to wait until later but used this now to be safe)
Orlandeau: Divine Ruination

Round 3:-
Refia: Dualcast Curaja/Full-Life (if anyone died)
Ling: Feint Step
Cecil: Dualcast Barwatera/Baraerora

Round 4 onwards:-
- Kept everyone alive, buffing team, debuffing Typhon and hitting away at him until he died. I didn't need to use another wind attack on him.
- When there was only Orthros left, it was essential that Cecil was kept alive with a decent amount of health with Provoke when safe to do so. This is so he can take the 10 hit attack that spammed every round.
- Mid way through when only Orthros was left I did end up using 4 Elixers, 2 Y-Potions and a Mega Ether.
- Used Cecil's Sacred Guard Limit Break when it came up.
- I also used Earthen Wall once when I could and was safe to do so.
- Refia kept using Full Revive/Curaja, Ling kept using Dance of Death/Feint Step/Daunting Step/Invigorating Dance, Cecil kept buffing/Dualcast Curaja/Provoke, and both Orlandeaus only chained when all team was up and healed. Repeated this slowly until Orthros died.

I wasn't 100% on the details of the fight in terms of when to use certain buffs etc as I didn't study it as much. I just used the buffs when I thought it was safe to do so, and using the above method I got through it in the end.

Hope something there helped someone. Back to TM farming now :p.

Camwi

I could use some advice, guys.

Here's my current team:

Firion
Rain
Terra
Shine
Zyrus

I got Y'shtola from the raid, and I was wondering who I should replace on my team. Am I right in assuming it's Terra, since she's my current healer? Or should I replace someone else?

Also, I pulled Bartz from the daily. Is he a better choice than Shine?

Though at the very least I can draw 5* characters with some regularity. It's been two months of pulls and nothing but blues. I'm now sitting on 20k of lapis and will drop it on the next really good banner. And wont be surprised if I don't get a single Rainbow from it.

FFS , why Cecil is ALWAYS covering Minfillia???
Is this a bug or a feature or what?
How Protection of the gods is suppose to work if you're CONSTENTLY (not exegerating) covering her, dumbass!
Fuck off Cecil, stand still or cover those weak ass Orlandub or Aileen.

Yes, i'm angry.

I'm hoarding orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes until I get my Black Knight there, so far I'm at 450 lmao!

Lol! It will be hilarious when on your first pull you'll get him. Then you'll have hundreds of orbs for the hell of it.

Alkez

2.4 million points on the raid for me.

Cleared the friends list again. Have 3 free slots for gaffers and lurkers. Aileen with Stone Killer being shared.

632 536 652

EDarkness

You can see her skills here http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ayaka
The most complete healer skill set yet. Easunaga / Dispelga / Curada / Full Life and Auto Raise as magic so you can dual cast it.
Has Tilith's AoE raise and heal + ailment cure / 3 turns heal / can cure stop and even Refia's Embolden and Delita's Meditate as ability.

Thanks for the info. I wonder when she's going to be added to our roster. Been diggin' Y'shtola so far and poor Refia has been moved to the bench. Minfilia is awesome, too. Gotta give her an attack move, I think since she has nothing to do when there's downtime.

Syntsui

Though at the very least I can draw 5* characters with some regularity. It's been two months of pulls and nothing but blues. I'm now sitting on 20k of lapis and will drop it on the next really good banner. And wont be surprised if I don't get a single Rainbow from it.
Most 5* there are either worthless because of IVs or attainable through feathers anyway.

5* here are mostly game breaking units because of either their skills or TMs, there are some duds though.

That said, there is a reason 5* are easier to get there, their value is determined by another layer o RNG.

Visceir

How Protection of the gods is suppose to work if you're CONSTENTLY (not exegerating) covering her, dumbass!

Yes, i'm angry.

Dunno if it's widely known but the placement of units has an effect on the cover priority. Slot 1 has highest priority and highest chances to get covered and the last slot the lowest, so might want to just try having Minfilia in 5th unit slot.

c-murph

Yes, i'm angry.

Dumb shit does the same thing for my 100% evasion Lightning. Like +95% of the time he's jumping in front of her. Battle, Arena or otherwise.

She has 100% evasion. I'm pretty sure she's going to be alright, dood.

Dunno if it's widely known but the placement of units has an effect on the cover priority. Slot 1 has highest priority and highest chances to get covered and the last slot the lowest, so might want to just try having Minfilia in 5th unit slot.

Holy crap!! For real?
Mind blown. Thank you for sharing!

Syntsui

Gumi is dirty as fuck, if you reset the game these fuckers will snort and use magnitude 8 every single time.

This will take more time than it should without uber units.

Most 5* there are either worthless because of IVs or attainable through feathers anyway.

5* here are mostly game breaking units because of either their skills or TMs, there are some duds though.

That said, there is a reason 5* are easier to get there, their value is determined by another layer o RNG.

I'd argue you don't need perfect IVs to have a usable character in the game as well. As long as the character doesn't have a - in their dominant field, it usually constitutes a usable character. Having a neutral IV usually works well enough, and inheritance can be very useful for covering up many issues. There's plenty of issues with the game, but I don't find the character drops/IVs to be a huge one in the game.

Gumi is dirty as fuck, if you reset the game these fuckers will snort and use magnitude 8 every single time.

Not to be a dick but people glitching the game out was something I'm sure they did not intend. It's a matter of time before someone posts a guide that will allow people who are past a certain threshold to beat it. If you're not at that threshold.......the trial isn't going anywhere. Get better units, TM's, etc. and it will happen.

EDarkness

Wait, what's this talk of IV? What's that and how do I find out more about my characters to know if they're actually a good version or not?

Wait, what's this talk of IV? What's that and how do I find out more about my characters to know if they're actually a good version or not?

Refers to the stat variation a unit can have when you acquire it. Like I could have a Lucina with -atk and +res.....Lucina is a dps/atk unit, +res isn't doing shit and -atk gimps her making the unit bad compared to a +atk -res Lucina. As you know stats rule that game.

Lyrian

Gumi is catching on. Blame Reddit for bragging so much about that as actual strategy for defeating trials.

And I can answer your second point quite well.

More time? How about 6-manning the trial in approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes? That's how long it took me to clear it with a non-chaining team. How do I know that? Because I regenerated 21 of the 40 energy spent on the dungeon by the time I finished it. Holy crap, I'm never doing future trials without pulling some high-tier chainers.

Typhon weak to physical attacks? Buahahahahahahaha! 800 ATK Luneth, Emboldened, with killers, using Cut Through did like 10-12k damage to Typhon. Ultros just blushed and asked Luneth to stop tickling him or he was going to file a harassment suit on him.

Poor Cecil, he died so many times to Typhon. 60? 80? Lost count ages ago. Refia actually ran out of mana multiple times because she had to chain raise/heal on almost every single turn. Only made it through because of overtime work from Ling and a friend Marie. Never, ever would have made through most of the phases, especially Ultros's final phase without Love You All and dualcast Protectga/Shellga. (Bonus mention for Ling feeding Cecil entrusts to cast his LB for buffs between offensive break turns as Refia was permalocked into rez/heal mode.)

Hundreds upon hundreds of turns spent. Every possible healing item consumed. Every potion, phoenix down, turbo and mega ethers, chocolates, elixirs... EVERYTHING. Burnt 85% of my battery on my Samsung Note for this fight in this two hour mega-slugfest.

Can I please pull a decent unit during the anniversary, Gumi? Please?

Syntsui

Done with all missions. Fuck Ultros, fuck Typhon, fuck them hard. Worst boss fight since ever, it makes no sense that my first two tries were ridiculously tough to the point I had to rethink my team and then my third try is pretty easy with barely any deaths after Typhon was dead. RNG fights are the worst things to come out of gacha games, there is a reason closing the game is a RECOMMENDED strategy in Dokkan Battle because of RNG random Supers and in Record Keeper because if you don't start with the bar almost full you could be wiped (see recent Gogo fight).
Gumi is catching on. Blame Reddit for bragging so much about that as actual strategy for defeating trials.

And I can answer your second point quite well.

More time? How about 6-manning the trial in approximately 2 hours and 5 minutes? That's how long it took me to clear it with a non-chaining team. How do I know that? Because I regenerated 21 of the 40 energy spent on the dungeon by the time I finished it. Holy crap, I'm never doing future trials without pulling some high-tier chainers.

Typhon weak to physical attacks? Buahahahahahahaha! 800 ATK Luneth, Emboldened, with killers, using Cut Through did like 10-12k damage to Typhon. Ultros just blushed and asked Luneth to stop tickling him or he was going to file a harassment suit on him.

Poor Cecil, he died so many times to Typhon. 60? 80? Lost count ages ago. Refia actually ran out of mana multiple times because she had to chain raise/heal on almost every single turn. Only made it through because of overtime work from Ling and a friend Marie. Never, ever would have made through most of the phases, especially Ultros's final phase without Love You All and dualcast Protectga/Shellga.

Hundreds upon hundreds of turns spent. Every possible healing item consumed. Every potion, phoenix down, turbo and mega ethers, chocolates, elixirs... EVERYTHING. Burnt 85% of my battery on my Samsung Note for this fight in this two hour mega-slugfest.

Can I please pull a decent unit during the anniversary, Gumi? Please?
Apparently JP players abused this when the trial was release there and they changed it just for us, how lovely of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom