• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

They should change the Titan trial too, if you crash or force quit he does 20 tumults. Would be fun.

Good thing I'm finally upgrading my iPad 4 for iPad 2017 and should recieve it tomorrow, no more crashes hopefully!
Right now if I do 3/4 Arena matches I have 100% chances to crash.

Lyrian

Done with all missions. Fuck Ultros, fuck Typhon, fuck them hard. Worst boss fight since ever, it makes no sense that my first two tries were ridiculously tough to the point I had to rethink my team and then my third try is pretty easy with barely any deaths after Typhon was dead. RNG fights are the worst things to come out of gacha games, there is a reason closing the game is a RECOMMENDED strategy in Dokkan Battle because of RNG random Supers and in Record Keeper because if you don't start with the bar almost full you could be wiped (see recent Gogo fight).

Apparently JP players abused this when the trial was release there and they changed it just for us, how lovely of them.

It's a Global Exclusive Enhancement!

creid

Gahhh I tried to do the Dark Espers with Tuffy's Ling but Nox misread a swipe as a tap, and Jake got killed on turn 7. Glad I lost early rather than wasting hours on it, but still ;.;

EDarkness

Refers to the stat variation a unit can have when you acquire it. Like I could have a Lucina with -atk and +res.....Lucina is a dps/atk unit, +res isn't doing shit and -atk gimps her making the unit bad compared to a +atk -res Lucina. As you know stats rule that game.

Thanks for the information. I didn't even know this was a thing. How would I find out info about a character that is no longer level 1? My guys are level 30 now so I'm not sure how I can check.

tuffymon

You can test again at 40, not sure if there's any other way.

Also, sorry to hear about the loss. Since you said your using nox though, make a macro for hitting repeat should be easy to do?

Beat the trial

Noctis
Minfilla
Setzer
Refia
Cecil
Friend Orlandu

dont care about toxic rain, Noctis and Setzer handle all my status effect needs. For me Minfilla and Setzer where the MVPs, double dice hits them HARD(would've taken a lot longer without that) and Minfilla kept the team from dying with water and earth buffs. Refia shined over Yshtola here cause I definitely needed those full revives.(Noctis helped with that too)

I want a stronger breaker so I don't have to be forced to use Orlandu all the time,(and Frieza but no one put her up) give me THE WOL.

Titan was a lot worse for me with tumult RNG, that move was essentially an AOE Death if it hit enough times.

creid

You can test again at 40, not sure if there's any other way.

Also, sorry to hear about the loss. Since you said your using nox though, make a macro for hitting repeat should be easy to do?
Yeah, I was in the middle of making a macro when it happened. Going to switch to Xon so I don't have to worry about Hide-ing for a random number of turns.

edit: jfc, I just re-read this to realize that I only need to make the macro hit repeat, instead of picking Hide over and over again. I need to get my head checked. Thanks for pointing it out!

Celegus

Ouch, got owned on the trial twice. Think I'm gonna let that sit for a while and come back. Tried the Setzer strategy once and the first fight alone took over an hour. His dice just would not cooperate.

Thanks for the information. I didn't even know this was a thing. How would I find out info about a character that is no longer level 1? My guys are level 30 now so I'm not sure how I can check.

The best way I've found is if they are level 20 and below a 5 star, go into unlock potential like you would normally upgrade a unit. The screen where you confirm the upgrade will show you level one stats for the next star tier. Throw that into the calculator. Always remember to subtract any skills and weapon modifiers as well.

Broseybrose

I had no idea people were doing these trials for hours. Like holy shit I would just wait at that point. Yiazmat wanting his throne back.

Yeah, this is why I wait until a Trial is out at least 2 weeks before I even try it.

So much NRG, I want to at least have a shot at winning. A proven strategy helps as well.

FINALLY!

Got my sixth Support Giancryst. Only took like 1000 lapis worth of energy refreshes.

SHEESH.

Youre getting Giancrysts from the Chamber of Crysts?

I didnt know that was even possible...

This changes things.

Yeah, this is why I wait until a Trial is out at least 2 weeks before I even try it.

So much NRG, I want to at least have a shot at winning. A proven strategy helps as well.

This changes things.

Yes it is, it's all RNG though. I've had a few drop for me here and there but it's rare!

Rixa

Dunno if it's widely known but the placement of units has an effect on the cover priority. Slot 1 has highest priority and highest chances to get covered and the last slot the lowest, so might want to just try having Minfilia in 5th unit slot.

Holy crap!! For real?
Mind blown. Thank you for sharing!

Well. Fuck.

Thanks.

But now my placement is going to look a mess. ugh.

Yeah I need to swap my 100% Noctank from first slot to something else lol :D.

Gumi is catching on. Blame Reddit for bragging so much about that as actual strategy for defeating trials.

And I can answer your second point quite well.

More time? How about 6-manning the trial in approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes? That's how long it took me to clear it with a non-chaining team. How do I know that? Because I regenerated 21 of the 40 energy spent on the dungeon by the time I finished it. Holy crap, I'm never doing future trials without pulling some high-tier chainers.

Can I please pull a decent unit during the anniversary, Gumi? Please?

I prayed to the RNGues for Sezter to get me some good double dice rows and he answered. Killing both douchebags at the same time was really euphoric. No five man completion though.

Brought Minflia, Catgril, Cecil, Refia, and Sezter. Also a friend Orlandu for debuffing.

Yes sir. Give him dual wield, Aquarian killer,and Diablo esper. It will give the extra boost to double dice.

Also give him air knife to avoid *snot*.

^^
I think I will try my luck at some point with @NomarTyme's strategy. Raid trial took close to 2h to finish so not going that route again. Tho not in a hurry to finish newest trial.

I think @Visceir said in Discorc week ago that you can't cheese this newest trial due to force close changes made. So they had those changes in JP already.

bonkeng

I'm assuming that Marie is going to be MVP again, so I'll set her up instead of Orlandu. Gonna see if I can do the trial tonight, since this weekend is PRIDE!

I think Orlandu is still the mvp. Crush Weapon and Divine Ruination are better than what Marie brings to the table.

And besides, everyone has Minfilia, which is equally good.

Broseybrose

Yes it is, it's all RNG though. I've had a few drop for me here and there but it's rare!
Its probably more rare than drawing a 5* unit. But its good to know its possible!

also-

Isnt there more to unit placement that just chance to trigger cover? Such as units in spots 1-3 are more likely to be targeted than 4-6?

I put my cover tank in slot 2, so itll take a lot of hits, and cover spots 1 and 3 as often as possible.

I have no idea if this mode of thinking is correct though.

Rixa

Thanks for this post in Reddit
TIPS & GUIDES Poor Man's Dicey Orthros+Typhon Strat

I haven't tried the trial yet. Was waiting info how to go in since Iam the ones in NOrlandu team :). But I do have Setzer (used +4* tix and got him).

I will try the trial later today, here is my Setzer build. I could add more damage by puttng 2x Quick Assault, but Ill let them be on my other units, this build is for fixed damage.

Screenshot_20170609-090042.png

Screenshot_20170609-090048.png

Survival Edge has Wind element.
Oricalchum has Aquan killer.

Syntsui

Fohlen is such a great character, I'm loving this story so far. This game really has a much better story than all FFs since IX.

tuffymon

I'm beyond shocked, an hour went by and no-one has pulled Fohlen? D: Where did all the self restraint come from? >.>; It's never like this~

tuffymon

Being a nice guy doesn't change the fact he is bad.

Do we know his attack animation? >.>? Maybe it syncs perfect with Yun? I don't know... we've said not pulling or X is bad before, and a day later go crazy for... I'm not seeing what makes him bad... enlighten me?

Syntsui

Do we know his attack animation? >.>? Maybe it syncs perfect with Yun? I don't know... we've said not pulling or X is bad before, and a day later go crazy for... I'm not seeing what makes him bad... enlighten me?
If you are a 5* and there is nothing groundbreaking or at least something new to the table, I'd say you are bad. That's what he is, a 5* unit that brings nothing to the table and doesn't excel at anything.

He has a decently powerful 7x hit wind attack and a wind imperil attack that enchants his weapon with wind.

I guess wind imperil is something new to the table and might synergize well with Shanttoto's Aeroja spam, but that's reaching. Maybe he works with Wind Veritas? But why build such a niche team just to make him useful, that's too much work to justify him with so many better and well established teams out there.

tuffymon

If you are a 5* and there is nothing groundbreaking or at least something new to the table, I'd say you are bad. That's what he is, a 5* unit that brings nothing to the table and doesn't excel at anything.

He has a decently powerful 7x hit wind attack and a wind imperil attack that enchants his weapon with wind.

I guess wind imperil is something new to the table and might synergize well with Shanttoto's Aeroja spam, but that's reaching. Maybe he works with Wind Veritas? But why build such a niche team just to make him useful, that's too much work to justify him with so many better and well established teams out there.

Well, that's something to think of thanks. I keep thinking that with an aoe with imperil added on would work great for several people, buttz being another, that shiny aoe wind slash from enhancements... He does have the new bis attack helm too ya? Seems to be another evasive unit with 30% base I think?

Syntsui

Well, that's something to think of thanks. I keep thinking that with an aoe with imperil added on would work great for several people, buttz being another, that shiny aoe wind slash from enhancements... He does have the new bis attack helm too ya? Seems to be another evasive unit with 30% base I think?
Yeah, 28 ATK I think. He could be useful for some people, but I would surely rage if I pulled him >.>

across

According to several people on Reddit (can't be bothered to source, but probably in the Should You Pull thread) their frames are far enough apart that chaining Yun and Fohlen is not possible, or you need someone else to maintain the chain, or something.

I think the problem is not necessarily that Fohlen is bad as much that what he does, three previous units (Orlandeau, Fryevia, Aileen) and a multitude of future units (Tidus and Veritas of the Dark, most immediately) do better. He also doesn't have any immediately useful support abilities like Orlandeau & Fryevia (ATK/MAG, ATK breaks), Aileen (MP regen), Tidus (party buffs, MP regen), etc.. He's more of a weird evasion-based off-tank. I actually can see him potentially being pretty fun with the right TMs.

Possibly more relevant is the fact that everyone is anticipating some sort of anniversary-based insanity and so we're sitting on our lapis and tickets for that. Well, other people probably are. I spent 15 tickets to get Amelia. But you know what I mean.

tuffymon

well, if it's a 2 week banner like normally, we should know the Wed. before it ends about what's coming during anniversary week~ Guess a lot more people will make up their minds then.

Debated pulling on this banner and ultimately decided that Camille's TM could be useful. So I started with the daily pull.

Boom... Camille.

One and done.

Alkez

I just realised, the next trial is the robot...

Time for me to start grinding machine killer I think.

Hoping the Veritases come out beforehand so I can use 2 mastery skills on my Aileen finally.

Daily->. Rainbow!!!!!-> Ace?!

It's wasn't a dupe, but I can't help but say my luck is crazy.

I have had six rainbows, four from dailies (two were from tickets/11x pulls when I was rerolling right at the start). Only Olive was actually an on banner rainbow.

Like I said crazy luck, and no dupe rainbows! At least it's something to spend the cactuars from titan on!

Lyrian

Arctic pulling luck continues.

Thew a bunch of tickets chasing Amelia. A whole bunch of Camilles, and off-banner Gaffgarions and Lukas #24,268 each. Why is always those two with me?

Hoping this is just getting this cursed luck out of the way before the anniversary stuff arrives. Onwards to the story event.

Alkez

Arctic pulling luck continues.

Thew a bunch of tickets chasing Amelia. A whole bunch of Camilles, and off-banner Gaffgarions and Lukas #24,268 each. Why is always those two with me?

At least gaffgarrion is useful. My usual off banner yellows are Refia and Hope. I love Refia but one was enough. I hate Hope.

WarAdept

Just wanted to thank tuffymon for lending me your Ling and letting me beat the Dark Esper's fight!

I feel like I can finally progress through some content with the leg up some GAF members have given me.

Thanks all!

Dunno if it's widely known but the placement of units has an effect on the cover priority. Slot 1 has highest priority and highest chances to get covered and the last slot the lowest, so might want to just try having Minfilia in 5th unit slot.

what...

omg it works!
thank you for saving my sanity.

Lyrian

Nazta Datamine of the Morning:

5* Kelsus requires 300 shards obtained by the end of the June.
6* Kelsus requires 300 + 60 shards (360 total) by the end of June.

Depending on how many shards are actually available in to the total pool of shards, obtaining Kelsus is probably not so hard, but being able to awaken him to 6* may require close to perfect daily participation for the entire month of June.

Funny thing though.... for those that don't read the datamines, how much of a middle finger would it be to finally scrape up 300 shards by the end of the month only to find out that his 6* awakening requires 60 more and perma-gimping Kelsus at 5* max?

bonkeng

Depending on how many shards are actually available in to the total pool of shards, obtaining Kelsus is probably not so hard, but being able to awaken him to 6* may require close to perfect daily participation for the entire month of June.

Funny thing though.... for those that don't read the datamines, how much of a middle finger would it be to finally scrape up 300 shards by the end of the month only to find out that his 6* awakening requires 60 more and perma-gimping Kelsus at 5* max?

It doesn't really matter. He's trash tier anyway.

Not in the same level with Y'shtola and Minfilia in terms of usefulness.

RedZaraki

Banned

This changes things.

It's rare. Like. One every 100 runs, rare.

Lyrian

It doesn't really matter. He's trash tier anyway.

Not in the same level with Y'shtola and Minfilia in terms of usefulness.

Talking in terms of the average player, not GAF. The front-facing message to them is "free 5* base". To them, this is at least a decent pickup. They have no idea about the extra 60 shard requirement.

It's rare. Like. One every 100 runs, rare.

And then the one you get is random.

PROTIP OF THE DAY: When starting a new area in the story event, SCROLL DOWN to see the full achievement list for the entire chapter before starting the first level (the game does not tell you about this). Plan your loadout accordingly to one-and-done each area. Area costs become very expensive later on the event and you do not want to repeat an area for a missing achievement.

NOTE: Unlike normal story levels, esper and limit gauges DO carry between levels. Charge them up early in each area and hang onto them until needed.

I've made a huge mistake starting that story quest. I'm now stuck halfway waiting on NRG to get access to my quest list for the free NRG. Why can't I just go to the menu without quitting?

All I wanted was a few rainbow bloom and there's not even any here :(

EDarkness

Fohlen is such a great character, I'm loving this story so far. This game really has a much better story than all FFs since IX.

Really? I thought it got so dumb I stopped progressing with the story entirely. I don't even care what happens or who did what in this game. I'm in it for the systems and leveling up. I was okay with it until I got to the water town and Leviathan. After that, it started getting stupid and got worse once I got to the kingdom with the mad scientist. I gave up at that point. Haven't progressed further than that and have no desire to.

The sad part is that in order to get Titan (I think that's the esper), I have to move on with the story. Ugh.

EDarkness

Heh, I screwed this up because of maint on Wednesday and I forgot to claim my daily rewards last night before going to bed. Is he even worth having? I guess I don't care that much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom