• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

I find the assumption that Gumi - with this very obviously casual-facing event - is going to leave said casuals flapping in the breeze with a unit many may never be able to awaken if they miss a day or two of logins, to be a little bit silly.

Tossed 15 tickets chasing Amelia. No dice. My luck has been absolutely frigid these days - though I got an off-banner Leon and Zyrus. I seriously think banner rates are a lie. Either that, or they're just time-lagged.

across

Tossed 15 tickets chasing Amelia. No dice. My luck has been absolutely frigid these days - though I got an off-banner Leon and Zyrus. I seriously think banner rates are a lie. Either that, or they're just time-lagged.

I got the same two off-banner 4* units - plus Agrias - though my 15th ticket was Amelia, at least. I'd earmarked half of my current ticket total (32, so 16 tickets) for her on this banner.

The rate for a banner 4* on a banner with two 4*s is 2.375% - anyone looking to chase Ashe and/or Rasler in the near future may want to start saving your pennies.

Lyrian

I've made a huge mistake starting that story quest. I'm now stuck halfway waiting on NRG to get access to my quest list for the free NRG. Why can't I just go to the menu without quitting?

All I wanted was a few rainbow bloom and there's not even any here :(

All your problems can be solved for the low, low cost of 100 lapis.

Took Gumi long enough to implement this classic gacha trap in FFBE.

Heh, I screwed this up because of maint on Wednesday and I forgot to claim my daily rewards last night before going to bed. Is he even worth having? I guess I don't care that much now.

Mid tier player without dual wields? Sure.
Upper to top tier player? Nah.

RedZaraki

Banned

Don't feel bad. I chased her hard.

84 Tickets + 5 11 pulls before I saw Amelia.

I just......really wanted BiS for Olive.

I get why someone would want her, I mean I do as well I just haven't decided if I am going to pull for her or not. I am more saying WTF at the fact that an on banner 4* took 139 pulls that is fucking garbage.

Went ahead and pulled.

Daily - Alma
5 Tickets - Zyrus and 4 off banner blues that I sold.
11 pull - 4 golds all off banner. One Camille. lol I'm out.

EDarkness

I get why someone would want her, I mean I do as well I just haven't decided if I am going to pull for her or not. I am more saying WTF at the fact that an on banner 4* took 139 pulls that is fucking garbage.

Went ahead and pulled.

Daily - Alma
5 Tickets - Zyrus and 4 off banner blues that I sold.
11 pull - 4 golds all off banner. One Camille. lol I'm out.

My luck for pulls has been crappy lately. It's like we've gone back to the old days of pulling. There was a time when pulling a blue crystal wasn't so bad since there were lots of choices so getting more interesting characters was cool. Now we're back to pulling blue crystals and getting the crap from before (Shadow, Edgar, Penelo, etc.). I gave up pulling and haven't pulled a character in a couple of weeks now. There's no way in hell I'm pulling on this current banner, either. Nothing even remotely interesting on it.

Lyrian

I find the assumption that Gumi - with this very obviously casual-facing event - is going to leave said casuals flapping in the breeze with a unit many may never be able to awaken if they miss a day or two of logins, to be a little bit silly.

Agreed in concept, but the reality may tell a different story.

Perfect through today is 140 shards.

AFAIK, there are no shards in the story event. This means no new lump sums of shards until next Friday at the earliest.

So, +30 from dailies will get players to 170 by the 15th. Times 2 from the back half of the month equals 340. Still short. There needs to be an additional source of shards somewhere in the back half of the month to reach 360.

The ultimate question is how much leeway players will get when all is said and done.

across

Holy hell. Were you pulling while opening an umbrella indoors underneath a ladder as a black cat crossed your path? That's some next level bad luck. I feel much better now about my one daily and 15 tickets.

Lyrian

Looks like we have another Global Exclusive Enhancement!

Mutiple people on Reddit are agreeing that T4 and T5 crysts gave been REMOVED from the story event. Reports are agreeing that the highest seen cryst from even Stage 10 is only a T3.

Way to go to push that Mog King grind for Giancrysts on Global, Gumi.

Good god man wtf is up with these rates!!!!!!!!!!!

Mutiple people on Reddit are agreeing that T4 and T5 crysts gave been REMOVED from the story event. Reports are agreeing that the highest seen cryst from even Stage 10 is only a T3.

Scumi, come on man stop this crap! Meanwhile they still have not fixed the item stat display bug......

The summon is available until the end of July. The event period for gaining shards is June only (unless that is a typo) per his unit description news page.

I have a feeling that if the summon lasts 27 days into the next month that they will still have ways to get Shards past the end of June. Gumi being Gumi.

Seriously!? Fucking bullshit.

Could it just be because this is the first story event? Maybe they will add them to later ones that are "harder", so to speak?

across

I saw this. I'm not fussed at all, myself. If Gumi wants to switch things up from JP, I'll just go with the flow they create. Path of least resistance, path of most reward.

In other words, one-and-done the story event and go back to TM farming, now with a complimentary +30 energy cap. No worries!

If they want to disincentivize TM farming they're doing a piss-poor job. I was happy to sink a bunch of energy into the event trying for some Support/Power/Black Giancrysts. But it's their world, I'm just playing in it.

Alkez

I dunno why but I always take Wisdom for granted. That TM is really nice to have. My Aileen has 6k health and I'm not even using bracers atm. With Bracers she's at 7k.

Mid tier player without dual wields? Sure.
Upper to top tier player? Nah.

In regards to the unit yeah, but I think the TM will be wanted by the upper tier players. I'm not sure how quickly Rikku will be able to get her LB, but the TM can in theory replace 1 Ignorance which means another HP+30% or something. At least that's why I want him.

I saw this. I'm not fussed at all, myself. If Gumi wants to switch things up from JP, I'll just go with the flow they create.

I kind of agree with this. I only use JP as a reference point for units nowadays. Like we had T5s in our Raid last time which I don't believe JP have ever had, so I dunno how much I'm really allowed to complain about them then taking crysts away from a different event. Just my pov though. I can understand why people are mad.

Pejo

The summon is available until the end of July. The event period for gaining shards is June only (unless that is a typo) per his unit description news page.

Did they announce another source of Kesius shards yet? I still don't see mathematically how it's possible to get him in June with what they've given us.

Lyrian

I have a feeling that if the summon lasts 27 days into the next month that they will still have ways to get Shards past the end of June. Gumi being Gumi.

I'm waiting patiently for the last moment "offer" as a result of the artificially induced shortage of shards to address the issue. Gumi is going to walk a very tight rope here, although I think I have an idea on how Gumi could pull this off.

Could it just be because this is the first story event? Maybe they will add them to later ones that are "harder", so to speak?

Too soon to tell at all. The second story event will be quite telling in answering this question.

I saw this. I'm not fussed at all, myself. If Gumi wants to switch things up from JP, I'll just go with the flow they create. Path of least resistance, path of most reward.

In other words, one-and-done the story event and go back to TM farming, now with a complimentary +30 energy cap. No worries!

If they want to disincentivize TM farming they're doing a piss-poor job. I was happy to sink a bunch of energy into the event trying for some Support/Power/Black Giancrysts. But it's their world, I'm just playing in it.

This is exactly how I see the situation as well. I'll be glad to have this event out of the way completely before the next one starts and have time to spare for other activities.

Lyrian

Did they announce another source of Kesius shards yet? I still don't see mathematically how it's possible to get him in June with what they've given us.

Not yet. Gumi is likely going to backload the end of the month with sources of shards.

Kouriozan

Well f*ck Gumi, they want people to spend NRG on various stuff but nerf cryst drop in story event, meanwhile we still are waiting for Magicite vortex or the week end ones. Also friend levels where are thou?!?
I'm glad I'm only one T4 away from Hero's Rime +2, since I completely skipped Type 0 part 3.
Their shenanigans start to become very frustrating.

Ability enhancements may as well not exist until 2018 for me.

Accidentally refilled my energy, was sitting at 240+ energy lol. Took 3.5 hours to burn it using switch controls on my iphone.

Lol so much nrg!
I love waking up and it not being even close to fill.

From Reddit:

Amelia is Ling reborn

I spent 64 frigging tickets. Two Illas, another half-dozen off-banner yellows, a good dozen Camille, but no Amelia.

Caved and did a 10+1, and finally got my maid waifu. She was harder to pull than frigging Ling, ugh.
--------------------------
25 tickets

Gotten her on 25th and stop.

1 Illas, hope and vanille at troll yellow...

Ricochet~ you take your aim~ fly away fly away.
------------------------------------------

16 tickets + 5x11

1 fohlen 1 amelia 4 ilias 8 camille

---------------
Pulls in order (I just want Amelia...)

Daily: Camille

11 pull: Ilias, 5 Camille, Maria, Garland, Guy, Russell, Elle. Basura.

11 pull: Ilias, 3 Camille, Freya, Bartz, Celes, Shine, Ovelia, Charlotte, Kain. Basura.

4* ticket: Grace

Tickets: Ilias, Camille, Alma, Vanille, Camille, Galuf, Camille, Cyan, Golbez, Warrior of Light, Cecil, Zidane (finally), Jack, Guy.

11 pull: Shine, Elle, Xiao, Sabin, Charlotte, 3x Camille, Hayate, Ulrica, Chizuru.

500 pull: Hayate, Shantotto, Shadow, Artemios, Bedile, Camille, Camille, Duane.

Last 500 pull before I'm empty: Trance Terra.

No Amelia.
--------------------------------

22 pulls, nine were Camille. But I also got one Illas and one Amelia, so that's alright. Everything else was trash.

Pejo

This story thing is kinda neat. I like the layout of it. Kinda bummed there's no Giantcrysts though.

Did 2x11 pulls and got all the units except the 5* base, so I'm done on the banner. Saving up everything else for the anniversary.

Going to finally try out the Titan, Echidna, and Ultros trials later tonight. Have my plans set for all 3. Hoping I can 1shot them all (not likely).

Syntsui

The fact we can't farm crysts makes me even more depressed that I forgot to spent the rest of my Mog King currency before the maintenance.

Did one more 11 pull for Amelia. 1 gold - Snow the rest blue trash with 1 camille. So 2 11 pulls and a daily and 5 tix = 2 Camille's. What the shit. For real done now I will probably pull her chasing Tidus or something anyway. Fohlen is irrelevant to me.

Muku

Um, is this story shit even worth it? Locking people into a map until it's done is dumb. And so that screen already stopped me because it just sounds awful.

The two piece of gear on Exvius page for this... aren't all that appealing. Is that it? Is there more to it? To be honest, if this is story about Jake's stuff, and you do it mostly for that, then I'll probably be giving this a hard pass.

Also, Daily was Freya. -_-;

I don't care about Amelia but if they do this with Rikku I'll be upset.

My 4* star tickets have been burning a hole in my pocket awaiting her.

Um, is this story shit even worth it? Locking people into a map until it's done is dumb. And so that screen already stopped me because it just sounds awful.

The two piece of gear on Exvius page for this... aren't all that appealing. Is that it? Is there more to it? To be honest, if this is story about Jake's stuff, and you do it mostly for that, then I'll probably be giving this a hard pass.

Also, Daily was Freya. -_-;

I'm not a fan of this new type of event either. So needlessly broken up.

creid

Maybe they took the T4 & 5 crysts out of the story event because they're going to give some during anniversary festivities? One can hope.

I just got to stage 7 When Fates Cross and some missions are showing Giancrysts. I thought people were saying that it had none. Actually it's all Gian and Pure.

That's awesome that the NRG treatment came in already, didn't expect it until Anniversary. Now that the story event is in I'll actually have something to do with NRG again so perfect timing. Shout out to Tuffy for getting me that sword materia! It was incredibly long and brutal thanks to the Ifrit full heal but I killed the bastard.

Speaking of, I wanted to confirm here that if you have a trial up when maintenance hits, it's ok to kill the trial boss. I completely forgot about maintenance and so I killed Dark Ifrit only to be kicked to the maintenance message instead of the reward screen at the time and I panicked. Fast forward to when maintenance ended, after downloading and installing the update, it put me back in the fight on the final turn of the match. Hopefully this will give others piece of mind if they end up in this situation in the future. I received my reward after doing the last turn again, no issues.

So I guess we have to wait until E3 for WoL news, eh? Also, I spaced the upgrades to slots coming, that could actually fix my issue before WoL does at this rate ;p

Hmm I'll hold off being mad until I see what the game plan is for Global getting the giancrysts. I remember Shouta saying story events were the main way to get them. There has to be an easier means than the mog king events, I guess we'll have to wait to see how it will work in Global. Pretty lame though.

As for trials, I've retired from them until I get a team overhaul. Ever since Glilgamesh they are way too hard. Thank you based Valentis and Tuffy for carrying me through Gilga and Dark Espers, it's only thanks to them I could do those two trials. Echidna and Ultros can sit on that bench until FFX banner saves my team. Screw the temporary trials, they have shit rewards anyway (thankfully). Come to me Tidus and Rikku, come to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom