• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, why is everyone pulling for Amelia so hard? Is it just for her TM? Or is her skillset strong in something I'm not seeing?

Shouta

T4 and T5 Crysts come from the hard mode story areas that are unlocked a few days after the event kicks off. Those are usually like 85-90 EN for the entire run sometimes netting like 1 T5 and maybe 1-2 T4 Crysts. If they're executing the story event the same way, then those should open up in a few days. Or they dun fucked up and included them all at the start.

It could also be that the first event didn't have good farming rates for them. i don't remember Fohlen's event very well in regards to those rates.

Pejo

Out of curiosity, why is everyone pulling for Amelia so hard? Is it just for her TM? Or is her skillset strong in something I'm not seeing?

For me, it's for a best in slot Olive, along with "collect them all" mentality.

I'm sure there's also that age old "finding any excuse to pull because it's exciting" thing.

across

Her TM is Olive's best armour, Balthier's best armour, and - for those of us without Marie - Ramza's best armour.

She's fun in Arena as well, especially for those of us without Noctis.

Her attack animation is cool.

That's my personal list of reasons.

For me, it's for a best in slot Olive, along with "collect them all" mentality.

I'm sure there's also that age old "finding any excuse to pull because it's exciting" thing.

Her TM is Olive's best armour, Balthier's best armour, and - for those of us without Marie - Ramza's best armour.

She's fun in Arena as well, especially for those of us without Noctis.

Her attack animation is cool.

That's my personal list of reasons.

Fair enough. I just see so many people throwing in the kitchen sink to try and land her and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Without an Olive, her TM just doesn't interest me enough to throw resources at. But I would have if she was strikingly amazing and the TM was just the cherry.

Muku

No way!!!

Daily: Rainbow on ALT!

Fohlen though. Not sure how to feel about that... he didn't look all that impressive looking at his stuff earlier this week..

What's early impressions of him so far?

Edit: Should note not surprised I guess. Last time a Rainbow popped up was Ace on his banner. I guess this account only gets on banner stuff.

Pejo

No way!!!

Fohlen though. Not sure how to feel about that... he didn't look all that impressive looking at his stuff earlier this week..

Lots of evade shenanigans, +/-s of being pretty much wind element only, chains well with Reberta if you have one of her too. That's what I read so far.

Shouta

If you guys didn't know. Attacks that have the Stop ailment attached to it like Amelia's actually can proc even when the attack is evaded. If the enemy gets stopped, then their evasion is nullified.

Muku

Lots of evade shenanigans, +/-s of being pretty much wind element only, chains well with Reberta if you have one of her too. That's what I read so far.

It's my alt. My alt doesn't have shit that chains with each other because it's a total clusterfuck of mishmashed shit. So fact Fohlen appears on my alt probably is for the best. (Now both accounts have Chocobo units, LOL.) My 5* base on alt: Delita, Ace, and now Fohlen. So it's probably an improvement. Gotta figure out who to replace, since I just replaced Chizuru with Mercedes earlier this week.

If you guys didn't know. Attacks that have the Stop ailment attached to it like Amelia's actually can proc even when the attack is evaded. If the enemy gets stopped, then their evasion is nullified.

*uses 10 tickets on banner to go for the new Stop caster*

*gets jack shit*

Muku

Just capped Fohlen 6*. Glad I've kept the King Cactaur around. Still have a little left over. Spear user... oh snap I can use them Gungnir's I have. LOL

No way!!!

Edit: Should note not surprised I guess. Last time a Rainbow popped up was Ace on his banner. I guess this account only gets on banner stuff.

Nice luck! Grats

Muku

Nice luck! Grats

Thank you. Guess my alt needed something finally. Just gotta figure out who to remove. :(

Current team consists of:

Mercedes
CoD
Delita
Setzer
Cupid Artemios

Obviously Fohlen won't be potted like most of my current units are to whatever variation.

tuffymon

Just capped Fohlen 6*. Glad I've kept the King Cactaur around. Still have a little left over. Spear user... oh snap I can use them Gungnir's I have. LOL

He's up on the unit calculator, and while not the most ideal weapons in the build I made >.>;; I got him up to 968, dual wielding a sword with dark knight soul.

So we know what happens with double element attacks, what happens with triple? (artisan/moon blade/wind attack?)

Pejo

Jam a Gugnir in the Chocobo's beak too, because why not. Tri-wield!

Rixa

I give up. Random bull shit random bullshit dungeons are too random and they aint any fun.

Screenshot_20170609-162137.png

Closest I got, not so surprisingly I did 2x 12 damage. I hate these trials, where you have to have certain units or they re mostly nogo. Big middlefinger to developers.

I give up. Random bull shit random bullshit dungeons are too random and they aint any fun.

Closest I got, not so surprisingly I did 2x 12 damage. I hate these trials, where you have to have certain units or they re mostly nogo. Big middlefinger to developers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6g8076/boberochs_guide_on_ultros_chupon_all_stars/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6g3u0z/the_octopus_teacher_guide_wmarie/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6g5yr2/poor_mans_dicey_orthrostyphon_strat/

robotuw

Geez, I leveled up this morning and I still have 455 nrg worth of the event to get through. The wiki shows that the last section has a "kill with esper" mission. Gotta spend another 100 nrg if you mess that up. The reward better be worth it or there's no way in hell I'm doing it twice.

NomarTyme

Try to knock out 300k out ultros first. You want to kill ultra first or kill both at the same time.

I mean typhoon. 😑

Kouriozan

Playing with my new tablet is so much better, no more tumults slowing dropping the FPS like crazy, could do 4 Titan and 4 Arena, then 2 story event map and no crash!
After 13 months you could say I was used to it, was really bad in early "no continue" exploration where crashing would boot you out of the stage.

I burned my 4* tickets trying for Amelia.

Got the Dragon mage dude from 2 banners ago.

And Gilgamesh.

I... I don't know how to feel. Every ticket I burned on this banner was a non-banner unit. But I got Greg.

EDarkness

Geez, I leveled up this morning and I still have 455 nrg worth of the event to get through. The wiki shows that the last section has a "kill with esper" mission. Gotta spend another 100 nrg if you mess that up. The reward better be worth it or there's no way in hell I'm doing it twice.

I guess I'm confused...how does this event work? I thought it was just some normal story missions.

tuffymon

It said the reward for both esper kills 15% mp, and 5* trust moogle :O frick >.>;

darkness it's in the vortex, think of it as a brand new continent, but each "world" you enter, youre stuck in until you either finish or give up~

Kouriozan

I guess I'm confused...how does this event work? I thought it was just some normal story missions.
Well you enter a map, and can't get out until you finish all stages/give up.
Before entering the map it tells you how much NRG you'll have to use to finish it, then you enter at no cost and all battle stages requires X NRG.

Alkez

Man I really could use that free slot upgrade right about now. Have no equipment space but don't want to increase when we're so close.

Before entering the map it tells you how much NRG you'll have to use to finish it, then you enter at no cost and all battle stages requires X NRG.

Huh. Didn't realise it worked like that. Glad I didn't start it on a whim. Guess I'll need to dedicate some time to getting it done.

Muku

Man I really could use that free slot upgrade right about now. Have no equipment space but don't want to increase when we're so close.

Huh. Didn't realise it worked like that. Glad I didn't start it on a whim. Guess I'll need to dedicate some time to getting it done.

It warns you before going into it at least. How much NRG the map will take and that you cannot go back to Home screen until you finish or give up. I'll give them that. But you can go in and see first few cut scenes for free, since it's the battles that cost ya.

EDarkness

Thanks for the info. Is there anything cool in this event? I'm not sure I want to even bother with it.

Alkez

It warns you before going into it at least. How much NRG the map will take and that you cannot go back to Home screen until you finish or give up. I'll give them that. But you can go in and see first few cut scenes for free, since it's the battles that cost ya.

O ok haha. I was thinking you go in and then you're trapped lmao.

Congrats on the rainbow btw :)

Muku

Congrats on the rainbow btw :)

Haha. I thought so to this morning. But I went in just to check. Felt like even if I had to waste a little NRG it was worth it. But yeah, big warning is nice. (Otherwise they'd have hell on their hands.. haha.)

Thank you. Not sure how to feel about Fohlen yet. Alt is the not the account to really be able to get a good feel for him with lack of gear and all. :( Replaced Cupid Artemios in mean time though. Hoping to get through some of the higher bench marks in Raid to unlock some of those higher pots to give to him. Got the HP and MP pot one this morning and gave those to him right away. Sadly, spent all my Arena points earlier this week to buff up Mercedes. XD Ah well.

robotuw

Lol, Ilias mentions looking up to "the great Mel" except he's already about 100x more useful than her.

Holy shit what a dirty trick. The missions on the last part of "When Fates Cross" is an esper kill and no white magic so you can't use libra to check how much health the boss has. Thanks to that I of course botched it. Thankfully the esper kill reward is just mp +15% so fuck it.

Playing with my new tablet is so much better, no more tumults slowing dropping the FPS like crazy, could do 4 Titan and 4 Arena, then 2 story event map and no crash!
After 13 months you could say I was used to it, was really bad in early "no continue" exploration where crashing would boot you out of the stage.

Damn. Happy you upgraded!!!!

Out of everything in the game, setzers cursed card attack slows my phone down for whatever reason.

Lyrian

Think of it like a normal story mode zone, handled in a different way than normal.

The differences are:

-- The entire 5 floors of the zone are treated as a single level. If you wipe or leave, you have to restart the entire zone from scratch.

-- Similarly, missions for each floor are only resolved once the final boss floor for the zone is cleared. If you wipe or leave before clearing the final boss floor of the zone, you will lose credit for all of the cleared missions on that run. The game informs you of your current pending cleared missions status after every floor.

Lyrian

For those going in for Amelia, keep in mind that this is an appetizer for the carnage and wallet genocide that will be pulling for Tilith on the expected BF-2 banner next week.

Double gold crystal banner = 2.375% chance for Amelia (1 in 42 chance).

TRIPLE gold crystal banner = 1.583% chance for Tilith (1 in 63 chance).

Chance to pull Tilith in 10 pulls = 14.75%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 25 pulls = 32.90%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 50 pulls = 54.97%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 75 pulls = 69.78%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 100 pulls = 79.72%.

Think about that for a moment. There will be a 1 in 5 chance of not pulling Tilith with ONE HUNDRED PULLS if a triple gold banner happens again.

It will be Orlandeau all over again.

Doctor_No

HOLY FUCK , HOLY FUCK.

I'M LOSING IT!!! I never thought I'd see the day. And perfect time to to cap this dude in one go.

After 8 months of chasing this bastard. He's finally here!! Noctis, welcome!!!

Congrats!!!! Noctis is such a great unit.

For those going in for Amelia, keep in mind that this is an appetizer for the carnage and wallet genocide that will be pulling for Tilith on the expected BF-2 banner next week.

Double gold crystal banner = 2.375% chance for Amelia (1 in 42 chance).

TRIPLE gold crystal banner = 1.583% chance for Tilith (1 in 63 chance).

Chance to pull Tilith in 10 pulls = 14.75%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 25 pulls = 32.90%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 50 pulls = 54.97%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 75 pulls = 69.78%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 100 pulls = 79.72%.

Think about that for a moment. There will be a 1 in 5 chance of not pulling Tilith with ONE HUNDRED PULLS if a triple gold banner happens again.

It will be Orlandeau all over again.

Is BF banner coming next week? Feels like I've been waiting forever for it. Granted, I'll probably skip it unless they add some interesting new units to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom