• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

HOLY FUCK , HOLY FUCK.

I'M LOSING IT!!! I never thought I'd see the day. And perfect time to to cap this dude in one go.

After 8 months of chasing this bastard. He's finally here!! Noctis, welcome!!!

Nice one! Big congratulations on finally pulling the Prince! Enjoy levelling him up and using him in pretty much everything now :)

EDarkness

So we're pretty sure Gumi de-normalized the crystals, right? I'm not convinced they didn't lower the banner rates either.

I think they did for a while, but now we're back to the old days with the terrible units being pulled most often. I wish they would go back to the way it was a few months ago. I guess they didn't like how people were actually getting Zidane and the like more often than they were.

Thanks again all. Yea I'm busting. Can't believe it still. Really didn't think I'd ever get him.

He's fully leveled, now I gotta figure out his gear and get to grinding that TM.

Broseybrose

Thank you, I surrendered to the fact that id never get him after the last PC banner.

Now I can really take it slow with lapis purchases until Tidus.

It's such a relief to finally catch that white whale!

Cool man! Happy for you.

My first two rainbows in this game were BOTH NOCTIS. Imagine that shit!

I havent used the 2nd Noctis in battle once... but he's leveled and potted and ready for the call of duty.

Xion86

Actually quite enjoying doing the new story Event, The Gathering :) it's added something slightly different to what we are used to which is good, so I'm all for it. Nice little side stories too.

Had some NRG left over after I got home so managed to make my way up to The Faithful Doctor, will continue tomorrow.

Lyrian

HOLY FUCK , HOLY FUCK.

I'M LOSING IT!!! I never thought I'd see the day. And perfect time to to cap this dude in one go.

I leave GAF for a few hours, and THIS is what happens???????

Holy hell, congrats on the lucratively rare pull! Seriously jelly. Not common jelly, mind you. But, we're talking deluxe jelly. Maybe even with real fruit pieces in it. And maybe even with exotic fruits in it as well.

Is BF banner coming next week? Feels like I've been waiting forever for it. Granted, I'll probably skip it unless they add some interesting new units to it.

Not confirmed yet, but the all the signs and tea leaves seem to be pointing to it. There are datamined stuff that appears to be Brave Frontier related, and there is an all-but-complete datamine of Elza's enhancements.

Otherwise, there is the possibility of an "E3" special collab, I suppose.

Beyond that, the next Mog King on the JP calendar is FF12. (Credit: Shinoki for catching my reading comprehension fail).

Not sure why I did it, it was stupid.

Wasted 20 tickets including my 4* one.

All old 3* units which are 90% trash (including their TMs) and my 4* was WoL #4 who Gumi decides to delay forever.

So annoyed at myself right now. Only worthwhile pull was Zidane #4, which will make DW#3 much faster whenever I decide to TM farm.

Edit - Just glad I can likely skip the BF banner since I already have Tilith, but knowing Gumi, the banner won't include her 6* awakening.

Lyrian

Finally my video of Orthos and Chupon is here. Crappy connection this day

Really fun trial, yeah sometimes is a little unfair, but its not that you feel "fuck this i cant do it", because in the end, you can clear this.

Really nice trial.

Wished I had thought about using Setzer when I slugged my way though the trial yesterday.

One question though.... weren't you worried about getting hit with 10000 Volts if Setzer had not rolled 77777 damage in the final turn? That would have been really nasty, as you did not have any lightning resist up.

Valentus

Wished I had thought about using Setzer when I slugged my way though the trial yesterday.

One question though.... weren't you worried about getting hit with 10000 Volts if Setzer had not rolled 77777 damage in the final turn? That would have been really nasty, as you did not have any lightning resist up.

As you can see, i could recover from Magnitude+Acid Rain, 10000 volt honestly is not that bad if you have shellga up. In any case, if one of the healer dies, the other one can be used to stabilize in the fight.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I leave GAF for a few hours, and THIS is what happens???????

Holy hell, congrats on the lucratively rare pull! Seriously jelly. Not common jelly, mind you. But, we're talking deluxe jelly. Maybe even with real fruit pieces in it. And maybe even with exotic fruits in it as well.

Not confirmed yet, but the all the signs and tea leaves seem to be pointing to it. There are datamined stuff that appears to be Brave Frontier related, and there is an all-but-complete datamine of Elza's enhancements.

Otherwise, there is the possibility of an "E3" special collab, I suppose.

Beyond that, the next Mog King on the JP calendar is Tidus's banner. And well.... HA! HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at that happeing anytime soon. Tidus on Global before WoL 6*? Wow, that would seriously piss people off.

Next exploration is Tidus(FFX), next Mog King is FFXII.

I would expect Tilith 6*, WoL 6*, and Tidus all in the next month or so of time.

Lyrian

Pretty far into the story mode now.

Seems like each grouping of two stages aligns with the standard difficulties.

BGN Stages 1 and 2
INT Stages 3 and 4
ADV Stages 5 and 6
PRO Stages 7 and 8
ELT Stages 9 and 10

Through 6, everything has been a complete pushover, which makes sense it that is only roughly ADV-tier difficulty.

I see Giancrysts and Purecrysts on the prize list for Stage 7. Not too shabby.

/sees "kill boss with esper" mission....

Oh, nuke that with Megaflare from the Farplane. C'mon man. Time to break out Garnet, I suppose.

Barring that personal grumble, Reddit is really pissing and moaning about the twin boss mission on Stage 10, which has seperate kill missions (kill one with LB, other with esper). Also, Stage 8 appears to be designed in the same way, but is nowhere near as obnoxious as Stage 10 is.

tuffymon

Like I knew we'd get some 4s and 5s... but looking through the wiki reward list... I'm actually surprised at how many are given out.

I beat the titan, I wouldn't bring Fohlen into the trial, ELT? Why not, my only lose is when I brought my Tm team >.>;

Celegus

Next exploration is Tidus(FFX), next Mog King is FFXII.

I would expect Tilith 6*, WoL 6*, and Tidus all in the next month or so of time.

Oooh all kinds of good stuff! Did a daily for the first time in a while, CoD... boooo. Probably gonna pass on this one since there are good ones coming finally (though I do have Tilith already)

Didn't get to do a whole lot of the new story mission thing yet but I like what I've seen so far. Slept for 2 hours last night and then had to take my wife (Bunches) to the ER at 2am and we were there for 17 hours cause she had to get her appendix removed suddenly. All is well and back home finally, time for some sleep!!!

Ken

If Mobius collab banner is really a thing, I could see us getting a banner with their WoL and Garland and Echo + classic WoL and Garland awakened.

Mobius Garland is pretty sick.

HOLY FUCK , HOLY FUCK.

FINALLY some cheers all around! Enjoy the Prince! It's not like drawing 5*s is common around here--

No way!!!

Daily: Rainbow on ALT!

Fohlen though. Not sure how to feel about that... he didn't look all that impressive looking at his stuff earlier this week..

What's early impressions of him so far?

Edit: Should note not surprised I guess. Last time a Rainbow popped up was Ace on his banner. I guess this account only gets on banner stuff.

Miku: "Hold my beer."

Congrats!

I burned my 4* tickets trying for Amelia.

Got the Dragon mage dude from 2 banners ago.

And Gilgamesh.

I... I don't know how to feel. Every ticket I burned on this banner was a non-banner unit. But I got Greg.

... you're new, but welcome! Greg is awesome.

The only shocking thing about this run of 5*s is that Hippo didn't pull Fohlen and 3 Aileens in a daily and 5 tickets!

They're easily the best events they have, IMO. Solid rewards and you get the story behind the characters as well.

Absolutely.

Um, is this story shit even worth it? Locking people into a map until it's done is dumb. And so that screen already stopped me because it just sounds awful.

The two piece of gear on Exvius page for this... aren't all that appealing. Is that it? Is there more to it? To be honest, if this is story about Jake's stuff, and you do it mostly for that, then I'll probably be giving this a hard pass.

Also, Daily was Freya. -_-;

Muku? See Shouta's comment there. I realize that not everyone plays this game for the exposition, but if you're enjoying the narrative at all, the story events appear to fill in the gaps; offer great, essentially guaranteed rewards like crysts; and -- well -- they're new, so there's some novelty involved.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pretty far into the story mode now.

Seems like each grouping of two stages aligns with the standard difficulties.

BGN Stages 1 and 2
INT Stages 3 and 4
ADV Stages 5 and 6
PRO Stages 7 and 8
ELT Stages 9 and 10

Through 6, everything has been a complete pushover, which makes sense it that is only roughly ADV-tier difficulty.

I see Giancrysts and Purecrysts on the prize list for Stage 7. Not too shabby.

/sees "kill boss with esper" mission....

Oh, nuke that with Megaflare from the Farplane. C'mon man. Time to break out Garnet, I suppose.

Barring that personal grumble, Reddit is really pissing and moaning about the twin boss mission on Stage 10, which has seperate kill missions (kill one with LB, other with esper). Also, Stage 8 appears to be designed in the same way, but is nowhere near as obnoxious as Stage 10 is.

Honestly, I don't see the issue as much, since all the kill x with seems to be linked to additional stuff and not Crystals.

If you want the tickets and moogle? Go for it.

On the story, did the first 4 maps today. Going to TM farm the rest of the night. Clear now why they gave us the boost to NRG. It's so damn nice. 12 hour recharge means I only need to play twice a day. Hoping they keep the update to the Mog King Events, because I have to say, Gumi has been knocking it out of the park with some of the changes from JP. Between the additional gems to King events, making it easier and quicker to play, etc. I like it a lot.

Broseybrose

Noctis is by far the best character on Global Server. The game changed immediately when he entered my party. Its pretty amazing that he can do EVERYTHING, and he's also out-DPSed by very few.

I will never turn my back on this game because somehow I was able to draw two of him. I had been playing for like 8 months and not drawn a rainbow. But I stuck with it and got incredibly lucky.

Muku

FINALLY some cheers all around! Enjoy the Prince! It's not like drawing 5*s is common around here--

Miku: "Hold my beer."

Congrats!

... you're new, but welcome! Greg is awesome.

The only shocking thing about this run of 5*s is that Hippo didn't pull Fohlen and 3 Aileens in a daily and 5 tickets!

Absolutely.

Muku? See Shouta's comment there. I realize that not everyone plays this game for the exposition, but if you're enjoying the narrative at all, the story events appear to fill in the gaps; offer great, essentially guaranteed rewards like crysts; and -- well -- they're new, so there's some novelty involved.

Haha. Well it's sad. I had a dream the other day pulling Noctis. ;_; Wish either account had gotten him.

I dunno. I just don't like the BE characters. I guess that's my biggest problem. They're just not all that interesting. I was more interested if it's for some gear but story plus crysts, I'll pass. If so, I am not even really bothering with crysts either because just seems like far too much work. Not like i have anyone that is worth a shit to work on a thing for them anyway, so meh.

Okay, so it's story. I can bypass. Farming fucking Sacred and Holy Crystals anyway. So not having to break that is fine with me.

across

Okay, so it's story. I can bypass. Farming fucking Sacred and Holy Crystals anyway. So not having to break that is fine with me.

You can skip the story if you don't care to watch it. If/when the time comes that you want to awaken an ability on a character you like, you're going to be regretting not getting the just-above-zero-effort crysts that come from this event. Especially since you don't TM macro, ability awakenings are going to be a proportionally larger power upgrade for you.

To each their own, but leaving the crysts on the table seems like a really bad idea to me.

Muku

You can skip the story if you don't care to watch it. If/when the time comes that you want to awaken an ability on a character you like, you're going to be regretting not getting the just-above-zero-effort crysts that come from this event. Especially since you don't TM macro, ability awakenings are going to be a proportionally larger power upgrade for you.

To each their own, but leaving the crysts on the table seems like a really bad idea to me.

I feel like the moves that get buffed anyway are kinda meh. And not like I have the units that stuff that is getting buffed. To be honest though, I feel like it's just a diversion to 7*. I'll just take 7*.

across

I feel like the moves that get buffed anyway are kinda meh. And not like I have the units that stuff that is getting buffed. To be honest though, I feel like it's just a diversion to 7*. I'll just take 7*.

Do you have Agrias? Bringing enhanced 6* Agrias along with your Orlandeau enables you to set up in-party Divine Ruination chains, so you can bring non-Orlandeau friends for later trials (Wilhelm, Ramza, whoever).

Do you have Firion? Best budget chain capper after enhancements, easy to gear, elementally diverse.

Do you have Warrior of Light? In 2019 when his enhancements roll out, you're going to be glad you can immediately enhance him because that's where he gets truly insane, not necessarily his 6* base form.

7* hasn't even been implemented in Japan yet, so you're going to be waiting for a while on that. Don't you have Ace as well, or am I thinking of someone else? Enhanced Ace is very, very solid. And you never know who's going to pop out of a random rainbow.

It's the last I'll say on it, not trying to tell anyone how to play the game, but...

NomarTyme

Finally my video of Orthos and Chupon is here. Crappy connection this day

Really fun trial, yeah sometimes is a little unfair, but its not that you feel "fuck this i cant do it", because in the end, you can clear this.

Really nice trial.

Gonna use your Ice Queen after I finishing crafting my water protection. Your Ice Queen is so stacked.

For those going in for Amelia, keep in mind that this is an appetizer for the carnage and wallet genocide that will be pulling for Tilith on the expected BF-2 banner next week.

Double gold crystal banner = 2.375% chance for Amelia (1 in 42 chance).

TRIPLE gold crystal banner = 1.583% chance for Tilith (1 in 63 chance).

Chance to pull Tilith in 10 pulls = 14.75%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 25 pulls = 32.90%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 50 pulls = 54.97%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 75 pulls = 69.78%.
Chance to pull Tilith in 100 pulls = 79.72%.

Think about that for a moment. There will be a 1 in 5 chance of not pulling Tilith with ONE HUNDRED PULLS if a triple gold banner happens again.

It will be Orlandeau all over again.
Thank goodness I saved my 4 star tickets.... :/

HOLY FUCK , HOLY FUCK.

Wow, getting a off the banner noctics! incredible!

Lyrian

Honestly, I don't see the issue as much, since all the kill x with seems to be linked to additional stuff and not Crystals.

If you want the tickets and moogle? Go for it.

I'd agree. It's something to do and effort in equals effort out.

Story events appear to be analogous to PAD's Challenge Dungeon series. Solid pickups that are generally guaranteed on the lower floors, with better pickups on the higher, more difficult floors. FFBE just adds an additional twist of optional difficulty via mission rewards, which is something that PAD lacks.

All in all, this is a "limited time" story mode event that is really a just a giant energy sink with most of the rewards being all-but-guaranteed outside of a select few higher end missions. Still, for the rationed amount of crysts given in the event, it's worlds better than running that god awful Vortex of Gems.

pezzie

Yea this event is super generous with the crysts. It seems crazy to me to pass that up for how little effort there is involved in getting them. All you need is 680 energy, and that's spread out over 2 weeks. Seems like a no brainer to me, even if you don't currently have units to enhance, you probably will someday.

robotuw

*sigh* Yep I screwed up the stage 10 esper kill too. No moogle for me. Other than that I overall enjoyed the story event. It was nice to get away from the main cast and all their bs melodrama. Pretty easy way to get a bunch of crysts, and I'm almost glad they don't let you farm the last stage since farming a 100 nrg stage sounds miserable. I still need 3 support giancrysts to be ready for Ramza, but let's be real, he's not coming any time soon anyway.

Back to TM farming then. I'll be getting a Soluna Band tomorrow!

across

I'm looking at it a bit differently than most, I guess.

For 680 energy, I'm getting:

- 500 Lapis
- 2 of every cryst type, including Giancryst and Purecryst
- 3 tickets
- 10% Trust Moogle
- 4 Star Quartz
- An earth element weapon, which is very not common - I don't have Aileen, but you never know
- A serviceable caster hat
- Better rank EXP/NRG than Earth Shrine, at least

I compare this to how much energy I spent on Type-0 #3 (literally all of it, so 4000ish? 288x14?) to extract 9 Giancrysts, a 10% Moogle, 10 Tickets, some cheap 6* mats and a good weapon, and it looks like an absolutely spectacular deal to me.

I'm looking at it a bit differently than most, I guess.

For 680 energy, I'm getting:

- 500 Lapis
- 2 of every cryst type, including Giancryst and Purecryst
- 3 tickets
- 10% Trust Moogle
- 4 Star Quartz
- An earth element weapon, which is very not common - I don't have Aileen, but you never know
- A serviceable caster hat
- Better rank EXP/NRG than Earth Shrine, at least

I compare this to how much energy I spent on Type-0 #3 (literally all of it, so 4000ish? 288x14?) to extract 9 Giancrysts, a 10% Moogle, 10 Tickets, some cheap 6* mats and a good weapon, and it looks like an absolutely spectacular deal to me.

When you put it this way, I'm never wasting time on farming one of those again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom