• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

So....did anyone else watch the end of Ubisoft's conference?

Yep.

But... it is Ubisoft. No actual gameplay. And all CGI anyway. Will be more interesting to see it playable. Though noticed no console announcement which is interesting. And to join the program you have to send an email? All seems a bit strange.

Nothing stood out for me. Mainly because it's Switch or bust now for me.

Edit: Though that one tweet re: BGAE2.... well, if real let's say Nintendo's spotlight could give GAF more salt. As if we didn't have enough already... :)

Alkez

Yeah, best conference so far for me.

Agreed. I never thought I would say that Ubisoft would be "winning" but it was a strong show. Most of the games actually showed gameplay as well which was good.

And yeah, that ending.

Nothing stood out for me. Mainly because it's Switch or bust now for me.

You weren't interested in the Mario game? I thought it looked surprisingly interesting.

Muku

Agreed. I never thought I would say that Ubisoft would be "winning" but it was a strong show. Most of the games actually showed gameplay as well which was good.

And yeah, that ending.

You weren't interested in the Mario game? I thought it looked surprisingly interesting.

I didn't like the rumblings beforehand. And while the game was pretty, not interested. I have an intense dislike of the Rabbids. Awful, awful, ugly things, and awful. I just cannot stand them at all. The combat system itself is interesting. I'd have taken a Mario game with that... just not with the Rabbids.

Edit: Also, now that MS and Ubisoft have shown pirate games, I kind of want a Mario pirate game. >_> It sounds odd. (Actually, would kill for realistic sailing again like in Black Flag.. because I sailed the fuck out of that game. At end... just haven't beaten it. But I sure as shit beat the hell out of collecting treasures and taking the big ships down.) But Koopas kids already have boats so they should just do it. :p

Muku

It won't matter in the end because Sony gonna bring that fire in about 3 hours. I can't wait!

I'm curious. Going to be watching that live, too. I dunno if I think they'll set the world on fire.. but I guess they can't be worse than some conferences we've had already. LOL

Alkez

I didn't like the rumblings beforehand. And while the game was pretty, not interested. I have an intense dislike of the Rabbids. Awful, awful, ugly things, and awful. I just cannot stand them at all. The combat system itself is interesting. I'd have taken a Mario game with that... just not with the Rabbids.

LMAO

I actually understand where you're coming from and am with you in that regard. I just really liked what I saw from the gameplay. I'm assuming you can build your team/select the members that go into battle so I can just use Mario characters and no rabbids lol.

It won't matter in the end because Sony gonna bring that fire in about 3 hours. I can't wait!

One of the disadvantages of living in London. It will be on at 2am for me :( couldn't watch Pens live last night and now I can't watch Sony live. They don't really have a lot to beat though lol.

Muku

LMAO

I actually understand where you're coming from and am with you in that regard. I just really liked what I saw from the gameplay. I'm assuming you can build your team/select the members that go into battle so I can just use Mario characters and no rabbids lol.

I still have to beat the ugly sons of ugly on the battlefield. No thanks.

I liked how they started off with it. They had to. Worst. Kept. Secret. Ever.

All they need to do is show DMC 5 with Dante, and they win. They don't even have to do anything else that is enough.

If Sony doesn't show some Spider Man gameplay this E3 will be a gigantic failure for me. It's by far what I want the most from them.

I have a feeling you will be happy then. I also wouldn't be surprised if they announce it for release at the end of this year. Insomniac da Gods.

Syntsui

If Sony doesn't show some Spider Man gameplay this E3 will be a gigantic failure for me. It's by far what I want the most from them.

Preferably actually Dante and not some wannabe.

Yes, although I didn't mind the "new" Dante, or at least I thought he fit that game fine. Nero was okay as well, but I think I got the same hatred towards him that I had with Raiden in MGS2. You think you are going to play as the main character you always have, but no. Fuck Raiden. Nero again was okay though.

Honestly after the E3 of restored dreams where FFVII Remake and Shemnue 3 was revealed, each year will feel like a disappointment to many fans. Every year gamers are clamoring for megatons.

For me, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is the unexpected highlight although I'm a little nervous that a different developer is handling it but the trailer felt right. The Evil Within 2 is a sure thing for me and nice that it's coming out this year! I'll be keeping an eye on DBZ Fighters and Disidia. I don't buy fighting games outside of Mortal Kombat which I grew up with and have a lot of single player content but this type of fighter with characters I'm familiar with and care more about could be fun. I'm not familiar enough with Disidia besides that it mixes a bunch of FF characters into the plot which intrigues me. Besides, based Squall ;) I look forward to seeing more of The Last of Us 2 but otherwise hope Sony has something interesting we don't know about yet.

Made it to the 9th dungeon in the story event last night but didn't have enough NRG to lock in to it. Should finish it soon not that there's a rush. I'm assuming it's just a repeat of the Max...err whatever her name is event? Or do you guys expect there to be another one on top of it? I would normally say there must be a second event along with hers but they might be content with the story event still going another week. Besides the story event takes a ton of NRG to do so a lot of people wouldn't be able to handle another event alongside it.

Xion86

Been quite busy with work and E3 stuff. Managed to clear The Gathering, quite enjoyed it, and was satisfying to go through it when you had a filled up NRG bar :). I haven't really had issues with Esper kill though, I just use my units to eat away at the enemies health until it's nearly gone, then cast my Esper. You have so many moves to pick from out of all your units to slowly eat away at the HP bar.

Gutted I don't have Tilith by the way :(.

Honestly after the E3 of restored dreams where FFVII Remake and Shemnue 3 was revealed, each year will feel like a disappointment to many fans. Every year gamers are clamoring for megatons.

I'm waiting for at least ONE moment which gives me that excited feeling as that year. Come on Sony!

That years Sony conference with the Last Guardian, FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 will not be topped for many , many years. Everyone needs to realize that's like a once in a decade reveal list lol

I'm enjoying this years E3 showings so far, and I'm going to the show floor tomorrow through thursday. I love this time of year, its like xmas to me.

Very curious what Square Enix will say about Exvius.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. going on the record to say i like the FFBE Gathering event. I love the backstory, the feeling of progression without actually having to explore a map, the gigancrysts. I can imagine more of these in the future with different rewards. The NRG felt a little steep and I've learned to look at the quests BEFORE starting (I didn't have Siren for the +3 SQ, for example) but I love it. About to finish the last leg of this up in a bit. Sign me up for more.

2. The Last Night looks genuinely beautiful. Shame about the gamergate stuff from the creator, which could doom it.

3. The pirates game from Ubi looks like a lot of fun.

4. I'm looking forward to Square's bit on FFBE, if any, and of course FFVIIR.

5. I had written off Mario + Rabbids without a second thought whenever it was announced, assuming it was a Mario Party thing. The claymation look plus the gameplay has me convinced. I showed it to my kid (he's 7) and after seeing how pumped he is for it, I'm .. pumped as well. You do you, Nintendo and Ubi.

6. Y'all heard me say Fohlen is pretty good, right?

That years Sony conference with the Last Guardian, FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 will not be topped for many , many years. Everyone needs to realize that's like a once in a decade reveal list lol

I'm enjoying this years E3 showings so far, and I'm going to the show floor tomorrow through thursday. I love this time of year, its like xmas to me.

Nice man, give us that FFBE insider scoop! I look forward to the FFBE stuff later in the week. Also, that wasn't a once in a decade E3, that was a once in a multi-decade E3 haha Who knows if we'll ever have a situation where multiple games rumored to be developed or clamored for over a decade will ever occur again. Was that when Psychonauts 2 was announced too? Or was that last year? That game is an even bigger deal to me and I never thought it'd get made. Some true megatons.

Ken

6. Y'all heard me say Fohlen is pretty good, right?

I think a single copy of Fohlen is pretty bad and underwhelming unless you really want to chain Reberta with him (meh) or until Shantotto 6* comes out. In my head, I feel like he'll be "pretty good" if you can run two though since you can then have two chainers with higher durability relative to Orlandeau and Aileen thanks to his innate evasion, and the possibility of freeing up the tank slot if you're against a physical boss.

Lyrian

All they need to do is show DMC 5 with Dante, and they win. They don't even have to do anything else that is enough.

Isn't Capcom expected to unveil the first true console Monster Hunter on consoles (the 3DS --> Wii/Wii U ports don't count), in years?

That's going to be a major win for PS4 if it happens.

Isn't Capcom expected to unveil the first true console Monster Hunter on consoles (the 3DS --> Wii/Wii U ports don't count), in years?

That's the rumor. It's also cool but I've never been into MH just to clunky for me. Would probably get a PS4 version though.

Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing more of God of War too. Had a blast with that series and swapping over to Norse mythology with what appears to be a larger focus on narrative and character development sounds great.

Alkez

I'm just going to say this about Devil May Cry. 4 didn't even compare to 1 and 3. I have no interest in seeing a 5th.

Scream at them that some of us see Cyan and Penelo in our nightmares.

Nice man, give us that FFBE insider scoop! I look forward to the FFBE stuff later in the week. Also, that wasn't a once in a decade E3, that was a once in a multi-decade E3 haha Who knows if we'll ever have a situation where multiple games rumored to be developed or clamored for over a decade will ever occur again. Was that when Psychonauts 2 was announced too? Or was that last year? That game is an even bigger deal to me and I never thought it'd get made. Some true megatons.

Yeah, maybe that was a once in a life time conference lol!

Scream at them that some of us see Cyan and Penelo in our nightmares.

Haha! I won't be attending their conference, instead I'll be following the streams as I wait in the 2+ hour lines. But man, Dragon Ball Fighter Z will be damn worth it. At least thats what I tell myself every E3. It's a line nightmare.

Actually fighting game lines tend to move pretty quickly, so it won't be soooo bad :/

Muku

Yeah, maybe that was a once in a life time conference lol!

Haha! I won't be attending their conference, instead I'll be following the streams as I wait in the 2+ hour lines. But man, Dragon Ball Fighter Z will be damn worth it. At least thats what I tell myself every E3. It's a line nightmare.

If you wanna talk lines, go to TGS. x_x Went one year as public. (My first.) Wow, talk about maybe playing two things if you're lucky. Second time I went as press and was so much better.

If you wanna talk lines, go to TGS. x_x Went one year as public. (My first.) Wow, talk about maybe playing two things if you're lucky. Second time I went as press and was so much better.

It's one of my dreams to go to a TGS(and japan for that matter), but that's pretty insane. Any of these public events are always so freaking crowded. I have attended E3 as media in the past before and it's an entirely different experience. I'm sure TGS was the same way.

Muku

It's one of my dreams to go to a TGS(and japan for that matter), but that's pretty insane. Any of these public events are always so freaking crowded. I have attended E3 as media in the past before and it's an entirely different experience. I'm sure TGS was the same way.

Yeah, been to a couple E3s as press and wasn't bad. Just go to TGS as press if given chance. Because as public... we didn't get much of jack done. More looking than anything. :(

Lyrian

That's the rumor. It's also cool but I've never been into MH just to clunky for me. Would probably get a PS4 version though.

If Monster Hunter World is a "thing", then at the very least the control scheme is going to be expected to be improved. Control concessions made for handhelds are not going to fly in the slightest in 2017 on a console "first" (or only) version.

NomarTyme

I use to played the PSP version of MH so anything would be a an upgrade over that. Oh the horror, and yet I still spent over 150 hrs on Monster Hunter Freedom. I also bought the Switch because of Mario Kart and Monster hunter. Looking forward to the port 3DS version on the Switch.

tuffymon

If Monster Hunter World is a "thing", then at the very least the control scheme is going to be expected to be improved. Control concessions made for handhelds are not going to fly in the slightest in 2017 on a console "first" (or only) version.

I heard recently that MH is coming out for the switch in August for Japan... The question is, will WE get it too eventually~

Xion86

Urgsn84l.png

Used the last Raid reward to max Noctis' Limit Burst! :) that's Cecil and Noctis I have maxed now, not sure who I'll go for next. Glad this one is done though as he's going to be in my main party for a very long time.

NomarTyme

I heard recently that MH is coming out for the switch in August for Japan... The question is, will WE get it too eventually~
I think there is a good chance we get it. It's a port from the 3DS version with a upgraded and smoother graphics.
Urgsn84l.png

Used the last Raid reward to max Noctis' Limit Burst! :) that's Cecil and Noctis I have maxed now, not sure who I'll go for next. Glad this one is done though as he's going to be in my main party for a very long time.

Always use Noctis LB for a big bang!

tuffymon

I think there is a good chance we get it. It's a port from the 3DS version with a upgraded and smoother graphics.

I'm hoping anyways~ I'm also hoping for a bit more info on Xenoblade Chronicles 2, that and whatever the Fire Emblem and the Persona stuff was mentioned before...

NomarTyme

I'm hoping anyways~ I'm also hoping for a bit more info on Xenoblade Chronicles 2, that and whatever the Fire Emblem and the Persona stuff was mentioned before...

Yeah me too. It's still not the HD Monster Hunter I want, but it shall hold me over once they finally release a legit HD version. I played the PSP version, so the graphics from that to Nintendo Switch is still pretty damn big to me.

tuffymon

It's runs like this that really make me go hmmmmm when running the gems vortex with Lockes and Xons.

UPJ5L4L.png

I ran the vortex for 8 or 9 days when visiting family last month. I had as few as 2 (I think it could have been just 1 though) gems pop out, and as many as 9 gems pop out and didn't use Locke and I don't have Xon... Maybe they help normalize the drops though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom