• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

I've got 3 Xons now, but I've been reluctant to level more than one.

I dont blame you. I dont think Id level a 2nd.

Setzer I maxed 3 of though. lol

I ran the vortex for 8 or 9 days when visiting family last month. I had as few as 2 (I think it could have been just 1 though) gems pop out, and as many as 9 gems pop out and didn't use Locke and I don't have Xon... Maybe they help normalize the drops though?

I always put Xon in my Crystal Farming parties. I think Im going to add Locke too now.

edit This Sony intro is like Cirque de Soleil level Performance Art.

Lyrian

I ran the vortex for 8 or 9 days when visiting family last month. I had as few as 2 (I think it could have been just 1 though) gems pop out, and as many as 9 gems pop out and didn't use Locke and I don't have Xon... Maybe they help normalize the drops though?

Not so much normalize, but push the loot drop table towards T2s and T3s and away from T1s.

Doesn't really help the T4 situation much, as only one 1 enemy in the entire dungeon has a remote chance to drop a giancryst. Probably helps the drop rate of the T4, but that 2% drop rate probably isn't be pushed much higher than 3 or 4% at most.

Syntsui

Sony fucked up, definetly their weakest E3 I can remember. BUT.......... SPIDER FUCKING MAN DELIVERED!!!!

That shit is my wet dream come to life, I can't believe we will get a very well made DBZ and Spider Man game next year.

Syntsui

My fears were confirmed with this new footage of GoW, that new gameplay is absolute trash. Eye candy graphics are not what I loved about it, it really needs to have fun combat.

Detroit looks promising, probably the best David Cage game and I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond. Couldn't give a lesser fuck about all the other games, Uncharted will be more of the same but at the very least it's a fantastic same.

Alkez

That was an ok conference. Uncharted looks good as we expect. I'm more interested in Days Gone then I was when I first saw it (which was I didn't care at all lol). Detroit looks interesting to me, I like those type of games. Spiderman had too many QTEs for me.

I think the letdown was there was nothing new apart from Monster Hunter which was rumoured anyway.

God of War was definitely the highlight, maybe of E3 at this point?

Lyrian

Sony disappoint.

That Spiderman? Looks like a QTE fest. ;_;

Also, that Marvel Capcom game looked bad.

Umm... yeah? What was that Sony? That had to be the most lackluster? conference from them in quite awhile.

++

GOW looked good.
Shadow of Colossus Remake?? Remaster??? hit the feels.
Spiderman looked good, but was essentially next-gen (current-gen now?) Batman Arkham Asylum.
Uncharted Lost Legacy. Seems good (audio feed was dead during the clip), but hopefully it's more than just "Uncharted with Women".
--
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. Ouch, that was rough.
All that Playstation VR stuff. Still looks like 1st gen stuff.
Monster Hunter World. Looks like good old MH (not necessarily a bad thing), but only with HD texture applied.

Everything else was meh.

Horizon expansion to pass the time during an off year?

Shawn was awful eager to get the hell off the stage this year, that's for sure.

Alkez

So...did Unisoft just win E3 lmfao?

Shadow of Colossus Remake?? Remaster??? hit the feels.

O damn I completely forgot about that. That looked good. I think graphically it looked too good to be a remaster. Has to be a remake surely?

That MvCI trailer made me cry, I can't believe they thought that was worth it. That Chun...oh my god.

Chun looked like she got hit with a steamroller. Seriously how can they not realise how bad it looks.

Muku

O damn I completely forgot about that. That looked good. I think graphically it looked too good to be a remaster. Has to be a remake surely?

Give it time. Nintendo is tomorrow! Though, Ubi's showing was strangely nice. o_O Even for games I wouldn't play. I'd want the pirate game but sounds like a PVP MMO type thing or something. Plus, at this point I'm Switch or die.

Sony spent more time showing extended periods of a few games just to get to like the hour mark. And ain't that the truth. Shawn looked ready to GTFO that stage.

I am hoping the one hold out from Ubi's today is something that pops up tomorrow in Nintendo's. A pipe dream. But it would be amazing. And the tears. I could shower in the tears before work.

Lyrian

Yeah that MvC footage looked like hot garbage, definetly not a great way to impress the consumers disappointed with SFV.

That MvCI trailer made me cry, I can't believe they thought that was worth it. That Chun...oh my god.

The most embarrassing part of that was that there was ZERO game play of MvC shown. The whole clip was a badly spliced attempt to make various pre/post-fight scenes into a cohesive narrative.

And it looked PS3 tier? In 2017?

FAIL. As much as I traditionally liked MvC, DBF has this game dead to rights.

Alkez

Give it time. Nintendo is tomorrow!

I am hoping the one hold out from Ubi's today is something that pops up tomorrow in Nintendo's. A pipe dream. But it would be amazing. And the tears. I could shower in the tears before work.

Didn't Nintendo say they're only doing a 30 minute direct this year? Has me worried because what can you show in that time?

What ubisoft game are you hoping for tomorrow?

Syntsui

The most embarrassing part of that was that there was ZERO game play of MvC shown. The whole clip was a badly spliced attempt to make various pre/post-fight scenes into a cohesive narrative.

And it looked PS3 tier? In 2017?

FAIL. As much as I traditionally liked MvC, DBF has this game dead to rights.

At least we have a demo available right now (fucking liars, it's not available yet) to test that shit, the gameplay MUST deliver.

Lyrian

I really think at this point the door has been left wide open for Nintendo to walk away with this year's E3.

Xbox's conference was cringeworthy and Sony's was lukewarm. The bar has been set low for Nintendo tomorrow. All Nintendo needs to do is drop some kind of bombshell, a megaton. Almost anything will do at this point.

Muku

Didn't Nintendo say they're only doing a 30 minute direct this year? Has me worried because what can you show in that time?

What ubisoft game are you hoping for tomorrow?

What I heard is that Nintendo said it's going to be non-stop games. I guess they are removing the skits and stuff from what I heard. Which would be a blessing. But also in line with Nintendo right now. Straight to the business.

I'm hoping that with BGAE2 not being noted for ANY system, that they're leaving it to Nintendo to show at theirs. (They were so vague. I mean, you have to send an email to join the monkey crew.. not even a website to go to.) Like maybe a timed exclusive. Oh man. The tears. The tears would be real.

I don't play BGAE. Though, am sad it is a prequel vs sequel. But... I am down for reading the tears online.

Edit:
Okay, so maybe I want to see the world burn. I would like one huge meltdown from E3. The ones we've had are relatively small to the ones we COULD have.

Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter World was a one two punch for me. Sony had my favorite conference because of them. I'm so excited for em!

Celegus

Nothing has interested me at all from any of them... so in my mind, everyone lost E3. No winners this time around (unless Nintendo has anything) Though it's not like I really had any hopes or hype either, outside of the Exvius stuff on Wednesday. Shame you stayed up late for this haha.

Best part of the Sony one was me and the lady making subtitles for God of War: (Little) Boys in the House Edition.

Lyrian

Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter World was a one two punch for me. Sony had my favorite conference because of them. I'm so excited for em!

Monster Hunter World looks so early. That, or it was a phone-in job by Capcom (which is par for the course in the handheld series).

But there was one thing that truly pissed me off about that clip above all else.

If you're going to roast beast meat, playing the cooking theme is MANDATORY. The silence there was awful. Horrible missed opportunity there for at least a laugh.

Alkez

What I heard is that Nintendo said it's going to be non-stop games. I guess they are removing the skits and stuff from what I heard. Which would be a blessing. But also in line with Nintendo right now. Straight to the business.

You might be right, that might actually be a good thing. I mean if Sony's was 30 minutes and they just packed the games in it might have been a lot better.

I don't have a switch but I'm always rooting for Ninty. Hopefully they can do something big.

Shame you stayed up late for this haha.

I know right. It's 3:30am here. I am so tired. This really could have waited till tomorrow lol.

We all lost.

LOL. True that.

Muku

I'm kind of looking forward to BE stuff. Considering all we've seen thus far. It can't get worse. Right? Right?? LOL

eggydoo

So if you miss a mission on the gathering, you have to do the whole thing again right?
Just noticed the 10% moogle is an esper kill and I'm sure I'll mess that up :-(

Monster Hunter World looks so early. That, or it was a phone-in job by Capcom (which is par for the course in the handheld series).

But there was one thing that truly pissed me off about that clip above all else.

If you're going to roast beast meat, playing the cooking theme is MANDATORY. The silence there was awful. Horrible missed opportunity there for at least a laugh.

Totally early and TOTALLY should've played the music. But this is a legit entry in the series,

Capcom JP stream for the game on June 20th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

Staff:

"Monster Hunter: World"
Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto
Executive Director / Art Director Akira Fujioka
Director Yuya Tokuda

tuffymon

Nintendo has said they'll do a treehouse right after, so the 30 minute (or hour whatever it is) they'll be doing, is kinda deceiving.

tuffymon

True. Pretty sure it was said they would annouce stuff during Treehouse too, right?

Ya, I thought I heard Reggie say, it'll go further in depth on some things too~ Don't get my wrong, I like my switch with BotW, but >.>; it'll be nice to hear some other big release titles in the work...

robotuw

It's Monday and they still haven't announced anything for next week in-game. We all know what's coming, but I really dislike that they disincentivize using the game's own news system.

Vashetti

Banned
Congratulations FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans! We have reached the final milestone of 150 video shares on our latest episode in Taiwan’s FFBE YouTube Channel! To celebrate this achievement, we have sent the rewards to your message box [energy x50, metal gigantuars x3, rare summon ticket x1]. Log in and claim it now!

It's Monday and they still haven't announced anything for next week in-game. We all know what's coming, but I really dislike that they disincentivize using the game's own news system.

I think this is just a special week because of E3. So whatever they announce during the Exvius section will coincide with our in game news.

Syntsui

We've received update news either Monday or Tuesday for several weeks, nothing ou of ordinary. In this case we know what is coming anything so I'm not really that anxious, what I can't wait is their conference tomorrow and after tomorrow (what's the point in having two of those???)

Ken

We've received update news either Monday or Tuesday for several weeks, nothing ou of ordinary. In this case we know what is coming anything so I'm not really that anxious, what I can't wait is their conference tomorrow and after tomorrow (what's the point in having two of those???)

The one tomorrow is Mobius x FFBE. The two on Friday is the producers' announcement and then I think the last one is just the English team livestreaming them doing True Titan which probably won't have any news.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-live-stream-e3-edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom