• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will pull for Zarg just because he is the the 2nd best Judge Magister after my boy Gabranth. Hopefully we eventually have them all because I will legit have an all JM party. Just like I will have an all Veritas party.

Edit: As a sony fanman, Nintendo had the best conference this year in my opinion with Ubisoft coming in next. I actually didn't think any of them were bad except EA. Sony's I half expected to be the way it was as they have to have stuff to show for PSX. It was still great though. Hell even after sleeping on it a few days, I am going to get an X1X because why not.

Edit 2: I want the 3DS to die because I don't have one, but I want to play the games that are on it or would be on it with my Switch on my 70 inch fucking TV not a 5 inch screen.

Muku

There's a Shadow of Colossus remake. Uncharted. Days Gone. Freaking Monster Hunter on a console/PC finally. It had a lot.

Nintendo had an off hand message about pokemon on the switch and a title screen for metriod prime. That was about it. Yoshi looks cute but if it's anything like the previous game you'll be able to blow through it in about 5 hours tops.

As a person who plays all consoles, Nintendo really didn't have much gameplay to show for much. Mario looks alright but not worth buying the console for by itself. I'll wait until they fix the desync issues and such. That switch fanboys want Nintendo to abandon the 3DS is annoying as well to be honest.

I'm not into those. I'm not writing them off for folks who do like them. But I did feel like they spent an awful long time on a few games that were boring as shit with no context.

TPC I felt like had to make that announcement. The backlash from last week? Holy crap. So yeah, I felt like it was an "Oh shit, we fucked up, let's get out a quick message to calm the masses." I figured one was on the way anyway. They usually have one game on previous hardware before they go to new one, so it wasn't a surprise. But they had to fight that backlash. (Not sure what people were expecting though. TPC hasn't changed that stance on moving on to new hardware. Just unrealistic expectations I suppose.)

For me, it's not about dificulty. It's about enjoying the game for what it is and exploring. So maybe someone can blow through it in 5 hours if you're in a rush to. (I haven't played a Yoshi game in years to be honest, so can't comment on that part.) But, the more I think about the Yoshi and Kirby game (also haven't played in years), I want both.

Desync issues? Maybe it depends on who you talk to but I've only had it once. And even then it was a quick fix. And I've put hours and hours into Zelda, Snake Pass, Minecraft, Lego City. It's not the shit fest you may be reading about. At least it hasn't been for me. It's really not that big of an issue.

And how can one at least not appreciate that Mario game? Holy shit. That thing is going to be amazing. I've been waiting for a Mario game like this again since forever. Not sure how you couldn't be impressed by it. It would totally be worth it. I'd say buying a Switch worthy.
Though, already contemplating getting a second one anyway, because MINECRAFT!

I feel like you are writing Nintendo off. To each his own I suppose. I'm not calling Ubisoft or Sony bad, they just didn't reach the kind of level Nintendo's did. (I was a little bored in both to be honest.. but MS had to be the worst.. well out of the main three. LOL EA.) No other company can show a silly logo and get people hyped like Metroid Prime 4. Even my husband lost his shit for that.

Edit: To the reason why Switch owners want the 3DS to die? Well because it is old tech. The Switch does both. I know Nintendo doesn't want to kill it, but seriously. No one is going to want to carry both a Switch and 3DS all the time. People want it on the new hardware, not stuff older than dirt now. I can't blame folks. To be honest, I want stuff now on Switch versus 3DS now too. I don't want to play on the really small screen anymore. Not going to lie.

I'm not into those. I'm not writing them off for folks who do like them. But I did feel like they spent an awful long time on a few games that were boring as shit with no context.

TPC I felt like had to make that announcement. The backlash from last week? Holy crap. So yeah, I felt like it was an "Oh shit, we fucked up, let's get out a quick message to calm the masses." I figured one was on the way anyway. They usually have one game on previous hardware before they go to new one, so it wasn't a surprise. But they had to fight that backlash. (Not sure what people were expecting though. TPC hasn't changed that stance on moving on to new hardware. Just unrealistic expectations I suppose.)

For me, it's not about dificulty. It's about enjoying the game for what it is and exploring. So maybe someone can blow through it in 5 hours if you're in a rush to. (I haven't played a Yoshi game in years to be honest, so can't comment on that part.) But, the more I think about the Yoshi and Kirby game (also haven't played in years), I want both.

Desync issues? Maybe it depends on who you talk to but I've only had it once. And even then it was a quick fix. And I've put hours and hours into Zelda, Snake Pass, Minecraft, Lego City. It's not the shit fest you may be reading about. At least it hasn't been for me. It's really not that big of an issue.

And how can one at least not appreciate that Mario game? Holy shit. That thing is going to be amazing. I've been waiting for a Mario game like this again since forever. Not sure how you couldn't be impressed by it. It would totally be worth it. I'd say buying a Switch worthy.
Though, already contemplating getting a second one anyway, because MINECRAFT!

I feel like you are writing Nintendo off. To each his own I suppose. I'm not calling Ubisoft or Sony bad, they just didn't reach the kind of level Nintendo's did. (I was a little bored in both to be honest.. but MS had to be the worst.. well out of the main three. LOL EA.) No other company can show a silly logo and get people hyped like Metroid Prime 4. Even my husband lost his shit for that.

I've played a lot of Mario games and enjoyed them. They have never sold me on a console though. Splatoon 2 would sell me on a Switch before Mario will.

My sister has a switch. It constantly desynced before she sent the controller in. She bought one about two and a half months ago. Complained about constantly running off of cliffs in BotW.

People were expecting gameplay out of gamefreak. Pokken remake with Japan fighters and one new one was not what people was looking for. Hell, Pokemon Snap 2 would of gotten a pop. If there was some gameplay on this core game, yeah I could see that as a plus. But there was nothing. That means to me that they either didn't have plans to make it before that or they had nothing of substance to show on it. I'm putting my bet on the former.

I've played pretty much all the current Kirby and Yoshi games. They are cute little games, but usually criminally short. It's not even about difficulty, but the amount of content.

I understand that people have and play preferences based on what they like, but as someone who plays a bit of everything, I can't see how anyone with attempting to be unbias claims that Nintendo did more than the competition.

tuffymon

I know Nintendo doesn't want to kill off the 3ds, but the Switch could EASILY do so by having a slot for 3ds games... It's interesting to see the differences that everyone has in games. Going against what was said, other then Worlds and maybe Detroit, I wouldn't buy anything else the ps4 showed. I also wasn't into the Mario either... some strange Mario 64/Kirby/BotW open world oddity to me.

I also had a desyncing left joycon. I haven't a single issue once it got resolved.

Muku

I've played a lot of Mario games and enjoyed them. They have never sold me on a console though. Splatoon 2 would sell me on a Switch before Mario will.

My sister has a switch. It constantly desynced before she sent the controller in. She bought one about two and a half months ago. Complained about constantly running off of cliffs in BotW.

People were expecting gameplay out of gamefreak. Pokken remake with Japan fighters and one new one was not what people was looking for. Hell, Pokemon Snap 2 would of gotten a pop. If there was some gameplay on this core game, yeah I could see that as a plus. But there was nothing. That means to me that they either didn't have plans to make it before that or they had nothing of substance to show on it. I'm putting my bet on the former.

I've played pretty much all the current Kirby and Yoshi games. They are cute little games, but usually criminally short. It's not even about difficulty, but the amount of content.

I understand that people have and play preferences based on what they like, but as someone who plays a bit of everything, I can't see how anyone with attempting to be unbias claims that Nintendo did more than the competition.

Well, sounds like your sister got a bum one. Just keep in mind it's not all like that. It's a bummer she did. (Fortunately for me, I could just drive down the road for a few minutes and show up there to probably get it fixed.) Funny enough though, the one time it happened for me was in BotW as well. XD Fortunately was just exploring around the ruins of a place.

As disappointed as I am with Pokken, they're at least bringing it over to try to build a community. I'm pissed though they didn't provide ANY support to my Wii U copy. So.. right now I'm not even looking at Switch Pokken. As for gameplay, you referring to US/M? Or the new one they're working on for Switch? To be honest though, I was hoping for a Snap 2 or Pikachu Detective. I would have killed for one of them.

I dunno. I felt like Nintendo at least had surprises. And main franchises coming back. Don't get me wrong. I thought Skull and Bones looked amazing. But.. it's going to be exclusive. So there were games that were coming out that would be interesting to get, but Xbox or PS only Or both but sans Switch. Right now it's just my preference is Switch, just because I can play anywhere. Not going to lie. So at this point for me, it's about convenience of being able to play and not tied to only being at home.

Well, sounds like your sister got a bum one. Just keep in mind it's not all like that. It's a bummer she did. (Fortunately for me, I could just drive down the road for a few minutes and show up there to probably get it fixed.) Funny enough though, the one time it happened for me was in BotW as well. XD Fortunately was just exploring around the ruins of a place.

As disappointed as I am with Pokken, they're at least bringing it over to try to build a community. I'm pissed though they didn't provide ANY support to my Wii U copy. So.. right now I'm not even looking at Switch Pokken. As for gameplay, you referring to US/M? Or the new one they're working on for Switch? To be honest though, I was hoping for a Snap 2 or Pikachu Detective. I would have killed for one of them.

I dunno. I felt like Nintendo at least had surprises. And main franchises coming back. Don't get me wrong. I thought Skull and Bones looked amazing. But.. it's going to be exclusive. So there were games that were coming out that would be interesting to get, but Xbox or PS only Or both but sans Switch. Right now it's just my preference is Switch, just because I can play anywhere. Not going to lie. So at this point for me, it's about convenience of being able to play and not tied to only being at home.

We can at least agree that it was all better than what SE has shown for FFBE so far.

And I was mentioning the core switch pokemon game that was briefly mentioned. I think there would of been a lot less head on US/M if they at least showed some footage of Pokemon on the switch.

Ken

Hey guys what tmr should i get next? Deathbringer or Fryevia's Needle?

Needle IMO

Best candidate for L&A builds (current available alternative is the single enhancer) for Fry and Ashe in July

Later on Glauca is a 4* with a slightly higher attack dark GS without the man killer passive.

Lyrian

So, a big giant nothingburger today because Squeenix Presents stole the first announcement from FFBE yesterday?

That's distilled, pure winning right there.

Alkez

Glad I went to see Wonder Woman instead of watching the conference. Thought there was going to be a BE Mobius collab but I guess not. Man conference tomorrow should be interesting.

I think Ubisoft won E3 tbh. They had lots of gameplay as well as some new stuff to get excited about. Sony had lots of gameplay but nothing new, and Nintendo had lots of new stuff but little gameplay.

However my personal favourite was Nintendo purely because of gen 8 Pokémon announcement and more importantly metroid is back in a big way. Not 1 but 2 games. The FPS prime style and the side scrolling classic style which keeps all metroid fans happy. And the 3DS remake comes out in a couple of months which makes me so happy.

In terms of who won E3 this year I think the gamers did. I'm never particularly big on MS but you bring Dragonball and you have my attention. Plus Sea of Thieves will be great hopefully. Nintendo sold me on the Switch, just don't have the money for it and Sony have a bunch of games I'm eager to get.

Nobody really blew me away, but they all had a bit of something I'd be interested in (other than Bethesda and their anti-mod bullshit) so it's hard to pick a winner, yet also wouldn't say many did a bad job either. I just know the rest of 2017 and then 2018 are looking good to me.

Now if only the FFBE announcements can deliver...

Lyrian

Hopefully something we don't already know tomorrow... RIP Mobius WoL

But there goes the 6* Wol as Global's 6* WoL joke.... :/

Expect nothing and you (probably) won't be disappointed.

I almost always expect the worst outcome in most situations nowadays. Life has taught me that.

Looking at enhancements for example, Gumi/Alim seems to band them all into five tiers, which minor variations among some of them for what ever reason.

I'm currently expecting Elza's enhancements to be fall along the lines of Dark Fina, to be tied at 5-5-4 [5 is most expensive tier] for most expensive enhancements on Global and have been preparing as such. Anything better would be a pleasant surprise.

Fun fact: According to the Reddit JP Wiki, the only unit that has received enhancements with a perfect 5-5-5 rating so far on JP is Queen.

Syntsui

But there goes the 6* Wol as Global's 6* WoL joke.... :/

I almost always expect the worst outcome in most situations nowadays. Life has taught me that.

Looking at enhancements for example, Gumi/Alim seems to band them all into five tiers, which minor variations among some of them for what ever reason.

I'm currently expecting Elza's enhancements to be fall along the lines of Dark Fina, to be tied at 5-5-4 [5 is most expensive tier] for most expensive enhancements on Global and have been preparing as such. Anything better would be a pleasant surprise.

Fun fact: According to the Reddit JP Wiki, the only unit that has received enhancements with a perfect 5-5-5 rating so far on JP is Queen.
6* WoL is still confirmed for the end of the month, so fuck Mobius.

Alkez

What's up all? Disappointing day for us Ffbe fans...I seriously hope we get something tomorrow about the anniversary...

I think today was meant to just be about collabs based on the schedule. Tomorrow it's just BE so it will most likely be focused on the upcoming updates.

Ken

It was disappointing the moment they showed the image of Mobius + FFBE x FFXII and not Mobius x FFBE.

At least we got a glimpse of what's probably our TRUE GL EXCLUSIVE for France Fanfesta.

DCTcwDQUMAAz6p0.jpg:large

I'm not disappointed as it was obvious to me looking at the schedule that tomorrow would be the meat of the FFBE news but if you were hoping for a collab with Mobius, yeah, I understand you being disappointed. I didn't play Mobius so doesn't bother me personally. I'd honestly prefer to not have multiple iterations of one character with the exception of the main characters of FFBE itself as they are experiencing changes in the story so it makes sense to have a Season 2 version of them. Granted, there's even more version thanks to holiday events but that's a holiday special so all good with me.

I'm not disappointed as it was obvious to me looking at the schedule that tomorrow would be the meat of the FFBE news but if you were hoping for a collab with Mobius, yeah, I understand you being disappointed. I didn't play Mobius so doesn't bother me personally. I'd honestly prefer to not have multiple iterations of one character with the exception of the main characters of FFBE itself as they are experiencing changes in the story so it makes sense to have a Season 2 version of them. Granted, there's even more version thanks to holiday events but that's a holiday special so all good with me.

Nah man I need Cloud, Punished Cloud, Kid with ponytail Cloud, AC Cloud, KH Cloud, Nimbus Cloud......all the Clouds!!!

Pejo

Whew guys and gals, took me 3 tries, but I toasted True Titan. Aileen too strong. Got all 3 missions on the same run too. I loaded her up with my Noctis' gear and a stone killer, she was just doing insane damage.

Went in with Rem, Cecil, Ling, Minfilia, Aileen + Friendlandu. Waited til 4th turn to push to 60% threshold. Killed Core in one round. did about 40% damage the next round. Summoned Golem and did all but about 5% HP the round after, and easily finished him the final round. Only person that died was Cecil in the 5% round due to those strong ass attacks he does.

Wasn't nearly as bad as what I was expecting. Accidentally pushed to 60% way too early the first 2 times, or else I'd have probably beaten it then.

Wind up Titan get. Hmm, now I'm debating if I should try Echidna ELT or Ultros.

Would you believe I have 3-4 Amelia's on my JP account ? I can't pull her for shit when I really need her!

EDIT: Dammit, my daily I just pulled was Illias!!!

Celegus

Abel Shine #2 and Sozhe all done tonight! Guess it's time to start the Ingus masher... only have 3 of him so hopefully a 4th will show up sometime.

fionel

Would you believe I have 3-4 Amelia's on my JP account ? I can't pull her for shit when I really need her!

EDIT: Dammit, my daily I just pulled was Illias!!!

I pulled a total of 8 Illias since their release last Sept on JP before I got my first Amelia 2 days ago. She eluded me for all the time I needed her TM while the only DD I had was Balthier. Of course now that I've got other DDs she decides to show up. :(

RIP Balthier, hopefully until your enhancement next month.

bonkeng

Vargas just became the best finisher on GL.

Supreme Blaze: AoE 1 hit 250% (up from 180%) damage + ignore 50% def.

Sacred Bravery: damage increased to 250% as well, but atk buff is 60%.

Syntsui

Vargas just became the best finisher on GL.

Supreme Blaze: AoE 1 hit 250% (up from 180%) damage + ignore 50% def.

Sacred Bravery: damage increased to 250% as well, but atk buff is 60%.

Won't Olive still hit pretty harder than him with her 240% + 50% with 1200 ATK as opposed to barely 1k from his BiS?

Ken

Won't Olive still hit pretty harder than him with her 240% + 50% with 1200 ATK as opposed to barely 1k from his BiS?

maybe he can fit in two hits from DW + it's still aoe. not sure what his attack frames are but there's that? whereas olive is stuck with DH

Syntsui

maybe he can fit in two hits from DW + it's still aoe. not sure what his attack frames are but there's that? whereas olive is stuck with DH

Oh I forgot about DW, he will hit much harder than her. He will be a match made in heaven with Reberta, HMMMMMMMMMM.

Rixa

Last time there was no ELT stage at all. I think PRO stage still gives the Maxwell (Evoke Diabolos).

Nazta datamine said:
Other

Confirmed Maxwell Trial Coming back
ELT Stage Version

Missions:

Clear: 15,000 Crimson Ore
Kill with Esper: 1x King Burst Pot
No KO: 1x 10% Trust Moogle
Party of 5 or less: 1x Ticket

I guess @Lyrian will be happy about Elza :)

Nazta datamine said:
Dark Reaper

+50% ATK w/ Spear & +50% Dark Resists
+1: +75% ATK w/ Spear & +75% Dark Resists
+2: +100% ATK w/ Spear & +100% Dark Resists
Ravaging Blow

ST 200% Phys Damage & ST 3 Turn -50% DEF/SPR
+1: ST 250% Phys Damage & ST 3 Turn -55% DEF/SPR
+2: ST 300% Phys Damage & ST 3 Turn -60% DEF/SPR
Madness Rush

RT 3x 200% Phys Attack & Self 3 Turn +100% LB Fill Rate
+1: RT 3x 200% Phys Attack & Self 3 Turn +150% LB Fill Rate
+2: RT 4x 200% Phys Attack & AoE 3 Turn -50% Dark Resists & 3 Self Turn +150% LB Fill Rate

- 50% Dark resist, so Enhanced Donkey Kong Country will be the king
Unless Gumi nerfs it

bonkeng

Only problem is, Vargas doesn't have fire imperil.

Olive's Shattering Shot (50% def break + 50% thunder imperil) more than double her atk on the 2nd turn.

bonkeng

Didn't you pull Reberta?

No i didn't. Didn't even try for her lol.

It still limit Vargas' flexibility a little bit, as he needs another unit to imperil for him. And a def breaker. Whereas Olive have both, in 1 skill.

It's a good thing they buffed up his damage, or he's already obsolete before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom