• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Any info? Don't know much about it yet, but I think I'm gonna be real happy I have Yun and Marie (and Noctis of course)

If he is talking about the dark espers trial then Shera TM won't be all too relevant, it'll be mainly dark element protection that you want for the trial.

I'd personally never bother with Shera's TM, mainly because you will easily to be able to get plenty +10% hp/atk materias from FF XIV raid and the 20% fire resist is somewhat irrelevant. Guess it's up to you how much you value the extra 5% and if you want to spend the time grinding out the TM for it...or dedicate the resources to getting more relevant TMs.

Musings

This Mog King event is an absolute joke... I've been farming it since day 1 and still haven't seen Nimbus or a Golden Bomb.

jnWake

Got a banner unit in today's daily:

.eJwVzNsNwyAMAMBdGABjah7JNoggghRiBM5X1d2r3AD3Vc-81K5OkbF2gKOtzPPQS3imWnRlrldJoy2duUMSSfns5ZYF1htC78gSEgVEH8FuBj8UwhaccUg-Rmj9bcZd1e8Pvgohzw.xFOoZhBpE8yK0NCiPUIEc9FrZBc

Oh wait...

Visceir

Got a banner unit in today's daily:

Oh wait...

Just did a ticket pull and got him as well, lol. So that's Yun, Ace, Olive and Gilgamesh now that I've gotten from tickets since I started GL in january + the Noctis I initially started with.

GL being very generous to me, haha. Kinda wish it had been Ramza tho, but a genji glove is a very welcome thing to have as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If he is talking about the dark espers trial then Shera TM won't be all too relevant, it'll be mainly dark element protection that you want for the trial.

I'd personally never bother with Shera's TM, mainly because you will easily to be able to get plenty +10% hp/atk materias from FF XIV raid and the 20% fire resist is somewhat irrelevant. Guess it's up to you how much you value the extra 5% and if you want to spend the time grinding out the TM for it...or dedicate the resources to getting more relevant TMs.

All AE attacks for both are Fire/Dark or Water/Dark. Dark is better to have, but the goal is the no death for the GSM.

Reason for Shera's TM is more atk and more defense. Nor does it take long to farm them when you have 5 copies every time(Less than a week)

Visceir

All AE attacks for both are Fire/Dark or Water/Dark. Dark is better to have, but the goal is the no death for the GSM.

Reason for Shera's TM is more atk and more defense. Nor does it take long to farm them when you have 5 copies every time(Less than a week)

I've beat the dark espers challenge multiple times and I was never much concerned with fire resistance. It's the dark attacks that cost me runs. Barfira and fire resistance equipment is also easy to come by.

Valentus

Well its done. No TM, no Base 5, no Ling, LB kill, No items, Dualcast only TM, all other gear F2P

The list of gear of each unit in 30:05

But the key items of my party:

Rosa: Golem Staff - Ifrit esper (cover stone and fire)
Bartz: Holy Spear - Gale barrage (cover holy and wind)
Chizuru: Chirijiraden - water blade (cover fire and water)
Cecil: Trident - Black belt - Stone blade (cover water and stone)
Santa Roselia: Dualcast - Ramuh Esper (cover thunder)
Refia Friend: Dualcast - Thunder staff (cover thunder)

The strategy is key in 2 factors: Keep MP refreshed (its a long fight) and seal all elements (most people say you can keep earth "unsealed", but in a F2P fight, Zantetsuken is REALLY NASTY)

For the first point, i chose Santa Roselia as first healer, because she has innate LB refill and Entrust. And rosa as MP battery, because Her LB can recover massive HP and also recover big MP chunks.

So the strategy of LB fill was:

Rosa Activates Miracle of Baron -> S.Roselia Activates immediately Entrust.

The sealing of elements while this event happened:

Cecil - Stone Blade (If provoke/LB is activated. If not, activate and gamble of not recieve Zantetsuken)

Bartz - Gale Barrage

Chizuru - Barrage (If cecil didnt counter this turn, then Water blade to seal water)

Refia - Normal attack (if partys HP is not full, curaja. If you are in lightning element sealing phase, then always refia thundara/ dualcast thundara/curaja)

For the second point, the sealing element is:

Rosa: Normal Attack (stone sealed. If bless not activated, activate bless. If chizuru is dead, fire for sealing fire)

Cecil: Normal Attack (Water Sealed. if countered this turn, then provoke/LB, stone blade if Rosa is dead or activated fire or cast LB/Bless)

Bartz: Gale Barrage (Wind/Holy Sealed. Always must cast Gale Barrage)

Chizuru: Barrage (Fire sealed. If Cecil didnt counter and activated provoke/lb or is dead, then Water blade to seal water/fire)

Santa Roselia:
a) If gilgamesh with buffs (Dualcast dispel and imperil. If party needs heal, dualcast curaja/dispel. Next turn dualcast imperil/curaja. If Bartz Dead, dualcast banish and curaja/dispel/imperil according to situation. If lightning phase and refia is unable to cast thundara, then dualcast Thunder and Banish/curaja/dispel/imperil according to situation)

b.- If gilgamesh without buffs. Normal attack or dualcast Curaja and imperil/banish/thunder according to situation)

c.- If Rosa casted LB: Cast entrust on rosa

d.- If Cecil didnt recast LB and refia cant cast embolden: Then entrust on Cecil

Refia:

a.- If party is fine: Dualcast curaja
b.- If party is fine in lightning phase: Dualcast thundara and curaja
c.- If unit is dead: Dualcast Full Raise and Curaja/thundara according to situation
d.- If cecil didnt recast LB: cast embolden

Instant kill thresholds:

when instant kill thresholds occurs, its reccomended having golem activated and Cecil's Provoke activated.

If cecil is dead:

-Rosa: normal attack
-Refia: Dualcast Full Life and Curaja/thundara according to phase
-Santa Roselia: Dualcast Curaja. If refia casted curaja, then dualcast curaja/dispel
-Bartz: Gale Barrage
-Chizuru: Water blade

I left this event satisfied. Thank you gaf for helping me with your refias. You all are awesome!

Xion86

Very Impressive work once again Valentus! I sure that video is going to be apeciated by whoever finds it on YouTube who is still needing help. Hope more people see it.

On a side note, I was thinking how impressive the summon animations are, wouldn't it be cool if we got more animations like that for maybe certain story moments :).

Valentus

Impressive Valentus! They really do need to hurry up and give Rosa a 6*, she makes it into all your groups!

Very Impressive work once again Valentus! I sure that video is going to be apeciated by whoever finds it on YouTube who is still needing help. Hope more people see it.

On a side note, I was thinking how impressive the summon animations are, wouldn't it be cool if we got more animations like that for maybe certain story moments :).

You're insane Val. Congratulations friend.

I love how precise that title is lol.

damn fine work once again Val

send this shit to Gumi so they give Rosa a 6 star

Thank you all. It really should not be able to test so much to get a mechanized strategy like that if i didnt had friend refias. I really love exvius-gaf, its full of good people here

HomesIice

Hey all! Recently just got back into this game from a long break (stopped just after GL released) and had a couple questions RE: my JP account

Which items would you prioritise from the Mog King if you have no TMs? I have around 70k to spend
Also, would any of the banners atm be good to go crazy on with summons? I did 2 11+1 with around 30 tickets on the support banner with no rainbows so pretty much just wondering when is it a good time to summon in this game

Syntsui

Valentus, do you plan doing videos of your pulls in the future? That should get you a lot of views and even pay for some of your expenses in the long term. They are the most watched videos of other Gacha Youtubers.

Lyrian

Thank you all. It really should not be able to test so much to get a mechanized strategy like that if i didnt had friend refias. I really love exvius-gaf, its full of good people here

Good grief man, how do you do it?

And here I am, still too chicken to even try it normally for a first time clear, even though I could probably clear it first try.

Awesome work, as always.

tuffymon

And here I am, still too chicken to even try it normally for a first time clear, even though I could probably clear it first try.

Awesome work, as always.

Same, I know I have the items, gear, and characters to do it...

bonkeng

Awesome work, as always.

Wait, why are you scared to try it? If you fail, you just do it again.

It's a lot of fun trying to figure out what to do every turn until the very end.

You 2 should try it.

Muku

Valentus, do you plan doing videos of your pulls in the future? That should get you a lot of views and even pay for some of your expenses in the long term. They are the most watched videos of other Gacha Youtubers.

hell yeah. I'd watch!

Is Leon worth leveling? I just capped him at 4* on alt, but not sure if it's worth continuing.

across

hell yeah. I'd watch!

Is Leon worth leveling? I just capped him at 4* on alt, but not sure if it's worth continuing.

His 5* form can do 999x4 in Arena if you have Dual Wield and sufficient ATK (Man Eater helps too). Beyond that, probably not?

Muku

His 5* form can do 999x4 in Arena if you have Dual Wield and sufficient ATK (Man Eater helps too). Beyond that, probably not?

Yeah... my alt isn't as progressed as my main. If I get any TMs on there it'll be through Moogles they give me or extra units. Not that my alt has any really good units to begin with. That's half my search.

Did a couple of ticket pulls... trying to save them for a time worth spending. Usually spend them right away. Anyway was Edgar and Exdeath. Guess it's an E kinda night.

tuffymon

Wait, why are you scared to try it? If you fail, you just do it again.

It's a lot of fun trying to figure out what to do every turn until the very end.

You 2 should try it.

I suppose I should try it... let me start setting up a party...

So, a lightning weapon while using water blade (and offhanding whatever else), would trigger the lighting/water/? aspect right? Making sure while I set stuff up

across

I suppose I should try it... let me start setting up a party...

So, a lightning weapon while using water blade (and offhanding whatever else), would trigger the lighting/water/? aspect right? Making sure while I set stuff up

Yup. That's really all the fight is - locking down elements and controlling the threshold transitions. Try to have everyone around the 4.5k-5k HP mark if at all possible. Bring a Noctis or a Ling if you're going for a no-item run. Try to make sure you have backup ways to seal the most problematic elements (Thunder, Wind, Fire, IMO) in case something goes terribly awry.

It's a really fun trial. Anyone who's been playing for a while shouldn't have an undue amount of trouble with it.

tuffymon

Yaaayy >.>; I'll have to try again later, I don't know why, but Gilgamesh Transform (after instant killing my tank of course, and yes i know that part was to happen), did 4k~ to everyone and that was an abrupt ending~

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Back from out of town again. Valentus, you're amazing.

Other notes:
-- agreed on that this mog king event is both boring and not super fun or particularly important. I got my 30K mog and I'll grab a few other items, mainly the materia.

-- i'm going to sandbag the Gilga trial for later like a couple others said and use the bulk of my nrg for TM'ing. Currently working TMs for Yun and getting hyped about how he'll turn out.

-- RNG has not been kind on any of my pulls since the Lunar New Year banner.

Valentus

That is amazing work as always Valentus! Your efforts never cease to amaze me.

Thank you!

I think i might do some...

Awesome work, as always.

Thank you lyrian, i thought you might enjoy the vídeo because you love tactical vídeos and this fight is the most tactical this Game can offer today xD

You both do It! You only Will waste rng bit the rewards are all amazing.

Back from out of town again. Valentus, you're amazing.

Other notes:
-- agreed on that this mog king event is both boring and not super fun or particularly important. I got my 30K mog and I'll grab a few other items, mainly the materia.

-- i'm going to sandbag the Gilga trial for later like a couple others said and use the bulk of my nrg for TM'ing. Currently working TMs for Yun and getting hyped about how he'll turn out.

-- RNG has not been kind on any of my pulls since the Lunar New Year banner.

Thank you panther!

Yaaayy >.>; I'll have to try again later, I don't know why, but Gilgamesh Transform (after instant killing my tank of course, and yes i know that part was to happen), did 4k~ to everyone and that was an abrupt ending~

Gilgamesh bushido freedom is a 500% aoe hybrid attack. So to mitigate It you need Golem activated or cecil lb... Or both xd

Visceir

Hey all! Recently just got back into this game from a long break (stopped just after GL released) and had a couple questions RE: my JP account

Which items would you prioritise from the Mog King if you have no TMs? I have around 70k to spend
Also, would any of the banners atm be good to go crazy on with summons? I did 2 11+1 with around 30 tickets on the support banner with no rainbows so pretty much just wondering when is it a good time to summon in this game

Just make sure you grab the 118 atk greatsword and +600 hp accessory from the event roam.

The equipment from mog king itself doesn't seem as vital, but you should probably grab it regardless in case you might need it in future. Might want to also consider grabbing the 100k red/attack and green/support materials for enhancement if you have units like Orlandu or Eileen to enhance.

Many seem enticed by the support banner as it features lots of good units, but I don't personally consider it very f2p friendly due to the nature of scattered it is. I'd say just wait for the next upcoming banners and see how those turn out. That's what I'm doing anyway.

tuffymon

Thank you!

I think i might do some...

Thank you lyrian, i thought you might enjoy the vídeo because you love tactical vídeos and this fight is the most tactical this Game can offer today xD

You both do It! You only Will waste rng bit the rewards are all amazing.

Thank you panther!

Gilgamesh bushido freedom is a 500% aoe hybrid attack. So to mitigate It you need Golem activated or cecil lb... Or both xd

I won on the second attempt, swapping Tillith for Ling, and bringing Refia from Syntsui? (sorry I know it's close). I had to use an elixir, but got everything else done, so it'll be easier next time for sure. Osmose > Invigorating dance wasn't quite enough to squeeze by.

HomesIice

Just make sure you grab the 118 atk greatsword and +600 hp accessory from the event roam.

The equipment from mog king itself doesn't seem as vital, but you should probably grab it regardless in case you might need it in future. Might want to also consider grabbing the 100k red/attack and green/support materials for enhancement if you have units like Orlandu or Eileen to enhance.

Many seem enticed by the support banner as it features lots of good units, but I don't personally consider it very f2p friendly due to the nature of scattered it is. I'd say just wait for the next upcoming banners and see how those turn out. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah the hard event roam seems to be a bit too difficult for me at this stage, will have to do watch some videos and see how others have done it.
No Orlandu or Eileen unfortunately, my units dont seem to be too flash! Though mind you I'm quite unfamiliar with enhancements in general so will have to do some research here as well.

So many things have been added since I left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom