• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone find a good strategy to beat Gilgamesh if you do not have any TM´s and no major Attack unit "luneth,Noctis, lightning"

I have
Excalibur and Dual wield

Celegus

Blade Mastery #2 and Ring of the Lucii done! Rainbow Robe and Soluna Ring at 98%! Always fun when a big batch is done. Emperor and Ramza are at 25%, and I have one Shine to start now too. Has anyone bothered with Jack's for LB farming? Wasn't sure if that was worthwhile.

Visceir

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah the hard event roam seems to be a bit too difficult for me at this stage, will have to do watch some videos and see how others have done it.
No Orlandu or Eileen unfortunately, my units dont seem to be too flash! Though mind you I'm quite unfamiliar with enhancements in general so will have to do some research here as well.

So many things have been added since I left!

Boss Tips
-Bring something to deal with Stop
-Bring Undead Killer (Odin)
-Bring Thunder Resistance
-Can only be ATK/MAG debuffed
-Inflicts status
-Summons Spiders (Insects: weak to Fire/Light, strong against Ice, Only Petrify immune)(edited)

There are also players on ffbexvius discord jp-discussion channel who have Cloud units that can solo the boss in a single turn. Not sure how well my Noctis would fare, but the boss didn't seem all too difficult.

I used 2 Williams to chain earthquakes and finished with Noctis wielding earth katana.

You should definitely look into enhancements, since they can massively boost some units. Right now the story event is a good way to get enhancement materials too.

Valentus

Valentus I should have known!
How important is it to have Santa roselia on the party? Could she be swapped with someone else?

Well my strategy is yo feed rosa lb with entrust so she can spam miracle of baron. I Guess you can do that with bartz entrust but when bartz does that you need a mean to cover bartz holy and wind element.

Equip him bushido freedom and you have a great damage dealer.

Congratz!!!
Interesting, once I clear the trial I will attempt that. So he does have some decent potential?
I felt the same when I pulled him. At least when he will receive his enhancement, he'll be less useless. Also it depends if u already have way better 5*.
I guess it's more about the fact that I'll probably never get lucky enough to pull a 5* base for 250 again. Then to see it's DKC was such a disappointment! I have Yun & Olive but both won't be quite as powerful until I get all the necessary TMs.

Take what ya can get I guess!

Valentus

Interesting, once I clear the trial I will attempt that. So he does have some decent potential?
I guess it's more about the fact that I'll probably never get lucky enough to pull a 5* base for 250 again. Then to see it's DKC was such a disappointment! I have Yun & Olive but both won't be quite as powerful until I get all the necessary TMs.

Take what ya can get I guess!

If you dont have a better damage dealer then Dkc with bushido freedom is great.

Its also great for firion Too:

.eJwVxssNwyAMANBdGABs888yCBFKkJISgXOqunvVd3of8cxTbOJgvtem1N5XGXOXi8fMrco2RjtrvvuSZVwqM-dyXPXNS5EDg84aMmiMR3RBUQSKNmoLGnwIEJ0iQJ9AJ8RElCgm8v9oTOBk6y_x_QHjwSap.VfUa2N3FkwL1i8pD6xY119ygZvs

Is there anywhere a tmr prio list?

My currently notable units are
Dark fina
Olive
Ramza
Cecil
Agrias
Miyuki
Hayate
Warrior of light
Arc
Alma
Shine
Leon
Bartz
Luka and many more (not listing stuff like shantotto and amaranth, but i have those too)

As i have no chizuru (blande mastery) i deprioritised sakurafubuki ad well..
I also have no zidane (dual wield) and no ludmille (dual cast)

Atm my tmr farming party is
Olive
Bartz (surrogate to dual wield)
Cecil
Dark fina
Arc

Ti would be great If there was an online tmr prio guide :)

Valentus

Is there anywhere a tmr prio list?

My currently notable units are
Dark fina
Olive
Ramza
Cecil
Agrias
Miyuki
Hayate
Warrior of light
Arc
Alma
Shine
Leon
Bartz
Luka and many more (not listing stuff like shantotto and amaranth, but i have those too)

As i have no chizuru (blande mastery) i deprioritised sakurafubuki ad well..
I also have no zidane (dual wield) and no ludmille (dual cast)

Atm my tmr farming party is
Olive
Bartz (surrogate to dual wield)
Cecil
Dark fina
Arc

Ti would be great If there was an online tmr prio guide :)

1.- dualcast
2.- doublehanded (since you have olive)
3.- dual weild
4.- excalibur
5.- Blade mastery
6.- Brave suit
7.- Black Cowl

Should have 5 single unit TMs done by Tuesday. Yun..Marie...Queen...Noctis...DKC. After that a couple of days to get a Mercedes Axe and a STQ and I'm taking a month long TM break lol.

Rixa

My Arcs are closing, few days and I should have 2 Omnirod's :)

Anyone want to test if I slap it as friend leader?

Screenshot_20170312-174211.png
Screenshot_20170312-174218.png

Some ELT testing:

Screenshot_20170312-181429.png
Screenshot_20170312-181526.png
Screenshot_20170312-181630.png

Damage seems to be about same than Ace. DKC was not equipped with M-E Materia. Certainly makes DKC usable, tho somewhat MP hungry.

Rixa

Weird, Bushido did that much damage alone? Divider on a Gilgamesh with much more ATK does much less damage.

It did left Charlot (the amount seen in pic) some hp left after Bushido. So damage is good.
Brionac pic is 2nd turn, after few Fire Flasks.

Syntsui

I tested here and Bushido does pretty much the same amount of damage as Divider. It does less considering I'm wasting a 30%ATK slot.

Anyway, Bushido is great for any unit that is not Gilgamesh. DKC kind of redeemed lol.

Rixa

I tested here and Bushido does pretty much the same amount of damage as Divider. It does less considering I'm wasting a 30%ATK slot.

Anyway, Bushido is great for any unit that is not Gilgamesh. DKC kind of redeemed lol.

Yup. Added benefit of Dispeling target.

If you dont have a better damage dealer then Dkc with bushido freedom is great.

Its also great for firion Too:

Yea I'd probably just use that on Firion considering he's all maxed for me. Have Yun, Olive, Chizuru etc for damage. My hopes were shattered once I saw him is all. Haha

I'll have to mess around with him.

Zunja

I just pulled a second noctis which sucks. I was wondering are there any trials or content that double noctis would work or is he better as just fodder for my first one.

I just pulled a second noctis which sucks. I was wondering are there any trials or content that double noctis would work or is he better as just fodder for my first one.

FFS, are you complaining about double Noctis???? I still haven't even pulled one, and he is by far the most versatile and sought after unit in GL.

I mean, you couldn't possibly have a better combo of units. You could make one focused on DPS and the other as support if you really want variety. Or both as DPS machines. Or some combo therein. But I literally can't think of a situation in which having 2 Noctis makes your team worse.

Valentus

Just do It like qon and his olives and fuse your Noctis for sweet fast ring of lucii

NEVER FUSE THEM

Syntsui

Dupe Noctis is good, dupe Gilgamesh is good.

Dupe DKC is bad, dupe Lightning is bad, dupe Luneth is bad.

Should I school you guys about the #firstbeproblems rules?

Muku

Well my strategy is yo feed rosa lb with entrust so she can spam miracle of baron. I Guess you can do that with bartz entrust but when bartz does that you need a mean to cover bartz holy and wind element.

I read this as.... Miracle of Bacon. x_x

Pulled a second... Noctis? ....sucks? I am cry.

Edit: Pulled a 1/2. Xiao. Okay game, if you want to help me build quicker for my fist for Yun, I'm cool with that.

evangd007

Did anyone find a good strategy to beat Gilgamesh if you do not have any TM´s and no major Attack unit "luneth,Noctis, lightning"

I have
Excalibur and Dual wield

If you have Cecil and Snow (or any Draw Attacks unit, but Snow is optimal), you can use the double tank strat with help from an Excal/chiri friend Noctis, no DC required. You having your own Excal and DW is a bonus that should make it easier due to your unit covering more elements and dealing more damage. Details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ts_morphing_time_a_basic_setup_for_gilgamesh/

I'm going to use this myself once the Mog King event is over, maybe splitting it up into two runs.

Zunja

I felt like it was gonna be a stupid question but I see it was a really stupid question. So shoukd I kick out lightning? My current team is cecil exdeath tillith noctis and lightning.

I'm finally getting back into it and finished my first Excalibur I should get my first dual wield soon too. I'm gonna try gilg a mesh tonight.

tuffymon

I felt like it was gonna be a stupid question but I see it was a really stupid question. So shoukd I kick out lightning? My current team is cecil exdeath tillith noctis and lightning.

I'm finally getting back into it and finished my first Excalibur I should get my first dual wield soon too. I'm gonna try gilg a mesh tonight.

For the trial I'd bring someone's Refia along with dual cast, Tillith just doesn't have the power to hang sadly.

Syntsui

Do what Tuffymon said and use a friend Refia against Gilgamesh. Support Noctis + DPS Noctis + Lightning + Cecil + Exdeath should do the trick

Healer with dualcast is a must, otherwise don't even try it. Once you pull one or when Yshtola comes, you will have a futureproof team. You will need to pull another dps heavy character to bench Lightning.

Had 7 tickets on my rank 9 alt account...

Got Ramza to go with Delita, Luka, and Chorizo. Plus a few Exdeaths. I'll keep doing intermittent pulls in case someone wants it eventually.

Valentus

Do what Tuffymon said and use a friend Refia against Gilgamesh. Support Noctis + DPS Noctis + Lightning + Cecil + Exdeath should do the trick

Healer with dualcast is a must, otherwise don't even try it. Once you pull one or when Yshtola comes, you will have a futureproof team. You will need to pull another dps heavy character to bench Lightning.

Yshtola is a good addition but she cant handle the trial alone unless you have a really stacked team.

Tillith 6 star in the other hand, can carry the fight alone. You only need yo feed ver good with MP. She IS just Too good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played the game in over a month....just updated the game and logged in.

Still no Orlandu ? lol

Edit:

I think..i like the new Interface though.

Visceir

Yshtola is a good addition but she cant handle the trial alone unless you have a really stacked team.

Tillith 6 star in the other hand, can carry the fight alone. You only need yo feed ver good with MP. She IS just Too good.

There's a video of an all FF V party clear (Lenna, Bartz, Galuf, Krile, Faris) for JP version out there. I imagine doing something like 2x Krile for heal/support/lightning role would prob work too if you stack em with enough defensive materias to survive the usual attacks.

Might have to use golem for hp limits in that instances though.

Some JP players also used Amarant for his passive attract and chakra for heals.

tuffymon

Sharing Noctank for now, 6.5k hp with 75% dodge rate. Can easily swap to the fire/light/wind gilga with 800+ attack if necessary too~

Valentus

There's a video of an all FF V party clear (Lenna, Bartz, Galuf, Krile, Faris) for JP version out there. I imagine doing something like 2x Krile for heal/support/lightning role would prob work too if you stack em with enough defensive materias to survive the usual attacks.

Might have to use golem for hp limits in that instances though.

Some JP players also used Amarant for his passive attract and chakra for heals.

The team was stacked? Because yeah, any unit can be fixed with tms.

Still that could be impressive because that team didnt have a revive source or a MP refresh source... I would like to try that team...

Edit: i remember Saw a vídeo with krile un the party. I dont know if its the same you say but krile is really the wildcard there because you can handle with her all the elements if you have trouble.

Visceir

The team was stacked? Because yeah, any unit can be fixed with tms.

Still that could be impressive because that team didnt have a revive source or a MP refresh source... I would like to try that team...

Edit: i remember Saw a vídeo with krile un the party. I dont know if its the same you say but krile is really the wildcard there because you can handle with her all the elements if you have trouble.

Here's the vid

Other than Bartz' DW and blade mastery it seems to be mainly just event items and gear. Granted there are some that aren't available on GL yet but it's mostly still just the basic stuff and gives just a little extra attack at most (Rune Blade vs Durandal for holy...where you could also use holy spear and such)

Valentus

Here's the vid

Other than Bartz' DW and blade mastery it seems to be mainly just event items and gear. Granted there are some that aren't available on GL yet but it's mostly still just the basic stuff and gives just a little extra attack at most (Rune Blade vs Durandal for holy...where you could also use holy spear and such)

Galuf has a shield that gives 50 def and 25 spr...

Also the armor of galuf has low def... Whats its special effect?

Bartz helmet could be replaced with dark helm... Also bartz has great sword mastery equipped?

Faris has counter TM equipped... Also can you tell me if the helmet and shield and sword has some special effect?

The robe and acc of krile i dont identify... The robe can be replaced with lordly robe, but can you tell me what acc she has?

And lenna has dualcast and blessed bow... Can you tell me the effects of the other gear of lenna that is not in Global?

I think i can do It with a similar setup... Thank you in advance Visceir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom