• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Finally a triple metal gods!

JQnCaaWl.jpg

Soooo goooood :)

c-murph

Finally a triple metal gods!

JQnCaaWl.jpg

Soooo goooood :)

What's you team?

I'm running Elza, Max, Karl, Tilith and 100% friend Elza/Max. That's like, what? 450%? This event is a gift.

Was hoping for another banner unit but got shit with the event tickets. Maybe If I get a second Max next week... If I'm still farming next week that is. Already purchased Tablet, Tickets, Support G-crysts, Power G-crysts, Sacred Crystals, and some 6* mats for Tilith and Max. lol

Only 450$...well maybe more since global is a different game.

Bah. Half the people here will have that day 1. lol

tuffymon

No idea if/when we'll ever get it, but Jp has/had (unsure if still) a 1.5x Ex point bonus right now, we could possibly see something like that one day too...

Lyrian

Breaking my NeoGAF lurk mode to say hi to you FFBE players :) Good luck with your pulls!

EDIT:

Whoops, should also say - I started playing a couple of months ago myself, along with my wife. Managed to get a Tilith today!

Congrats on the Tilith and glad you are enjoying the game with your wife!

Daily: Garland, lol.

The good news is, you can have her anytime you want. Bypassing rng bullshit.

The bad news is, she won't be cheap.

The other good news is, you'll get another guaranteed random 5* unit along the way.
Yea I'm looking to use 2 Amazon gift cards during the anniversary so I'm hoping that will get me somewhat on the path to Loren.

I just can't wait for the 29th+!

Kouriozan

Got 3 free friend slots, add me if you haven't yet : 464,761,570
What's you team?

I'm running Elza, Max, Karl, Tilith and 100% friend Elza/Max. That's like, what? 450%? This event is a gift.

Maxwell / Karl / Karl with his ATK buff +1 / Seria / Tilith / 100% bonus friend so 500% bonus.
No idea if/when we'll ever get it, but Jp has/had (unsure if still) a 1.5x Ex point bonus right now, we could possibly see something like that one day too...
Most probably near Christmas.

Muku

Daily: Luna

-_-;

Edit: Metal Gods are out this morning. Too bad I lack any god damn bonus unit of my own. 1st run - 2; 2nd run - 3; 3rd run - 2.

Lyrian

Looking at the explorations teaser screenshot with my detective hat on this morning because I've already dumped all my energy just a few moments, and as usual the warning klaxons are blaring.

Let's discuss:

What can be discerned concretely:

-- Like Arena/Colosseum orbs, you can run 5 explorations at a time. (Fairly safe to day that unlike arena orbs, exploration uses don't refresh until an exploration is actually finished.

-- There is an Achievements button, which means more trophies. Thanks multiple 500 lapis rewards, but /groan at surely incoming laziness of "Complete 10,000 explorations" for a gold trophy.

-- Explorations seem to operate in a manner similar to the arena, using the D-->S tier system.

-- The explorations in the screenshot list cooldown timers of 3 DAYS. Hopefully those are placeholder values.

-- Very worrisome: In the screenshot, there are required specific units for each exploration. The B tier exploration required two units, with the A and S tier requiring a very specific full party. In the screenshot, the 5 party team required is Exdeath, Fina, Bartz, CoD, Gimlee.

-- From the screenshot, the S tier exploration appears to be another gil sink.

What is speculative:

-- It is known that using units for explorations makes them unavailable for use while they are out exploring.

-- What will be the scope of the range of units required for the A and S tier explorations? Will 4* and 5* base units be required for the more lucrative prizes?

-- If so, will explorations will locked off completely if a player is missing a single required unit? Or is this where the mentioned "chance of failure" comes into play?

-- If so, what is stopping Gumi from offering a giant prize (say a 4* ticket) and requiring players to surrender their Orlandeaus, Tiliths, and Lings (just to name a few) for multiple days to do so while a key event is running?

-- Will leveling said required units affect their base chances of success (or earning a great/amazing result) at the exploration? If so, this would require everyone to level up everybody to max level to minimize the chance of failure? Also, does star rarity play a factor here as well (units must be maxed starred and max leveled for 100% success chance)?

If even half of this is true, then:

-- RIP everyone who keeps only their top teams and sells away everyone else. (Remember that list of box size discussion just a few pages ago?)

-- RIP everyone who doesn't keep dupes of their units. (If a required exploration unit is a key unit on a player's main team.)
-- RIP everyone for leveling up all of those dupes, Shadows, and other assorted 3* bases.
-- RIP everyone for incoming eternal holy crystal nightmare farming.

Hell, RIP just about almost everyone here.

Now, from Gumi's perspective would this make sense?

-- Does this force people to buy box space, where they did not need to previously: YES.
-- Does this force people to redirect their lapis to the gacha to pull units to complete explorations? YES.
-- Does this force people to farm wasteful vortexes, whereas they did not need to previously to redirect energy from other activities, like events? YES.

Looks pretty damn good from Gumi's perspective in terms of shaping expected player behavior.

I better be wrong on this one, but the gut B-school feeling says I'm probably pretty close to the target on this one. Prepare yourself, Thursday is coming.

Hey a daily Karl. Well welcome to the club finally asshole!

Lyrian I think you are spot on with Expeditions. I also think the 72 hour thing is probably what it will stay if the rewards can be things like tickets and crysts. Glad I don't sell or fuse most dupes. I always keep at least 2 of everyone most of them I have more than that though. If a unit hits 100% TM they just sit in the box for eternity. Except Thancred I don't need 50 of that guy.

Kouriozan

Make sure to grab enough mats to awake Rikku/WoL(/Garland for me <3)
Also picked up the last T4 support cryst needed for my Ramza, will work toward Firion now.

Muku

Make sure to grab enough mats to awake Rikku/WoL(/Garland for me <3)
Also picked up the last T4 support cryst needed for my Ramza, will work toward Firion now.

I am still waiting for Garland. We may get it same time 6* WoL though. Which may or may not be 5th Anniversary by that time.

Kouriozan

Just curious, what's special about her? Do people want that unit just because she's Riku?
Because very soon reraise skills will be must have, just look at my previous gif.

r0ODm2.gif

Starting with the Robot trial that OS one of your unit every turns.
She also get pretty amazing support skills, alongside her TM.

EDIT : current best units for each roles in Japan (about 8 months away)

0bNnsKI.png

ATK / MAG / Heal / Support / Tank
Those include enhancements of course. Rikku, just like WoL, are extremely future-proof.
Tilith is still considered best healer after Ayaka/CG Fina which are both 5*

LiJ4VEn.png

Just curious, what's special about her? Do people want that unit just because she's Riku?

See Kouriozan - her reraise skill specifically. and her buffs!

Because very soon reraise skills will be must have, just look at my previous gif.

r0ODm2.gif

0bNnsKI.png

Those include enhancements of course. Rikku, just like WoL, are extremely future-proof.

EDarkness

r0ODm2.gif

0bNnsKI.png

Tilith is still considered best healer after Ayaka/CG Fina which are both 5*

LiJ4VEn.png

Ah. That makes sense. I guess I don't get into that level of the game to know what that stuff is all about. Maybe in my quest for Tidus I'll get her along the way. If I don't, then I won't feel bad about it.

Lyrian

Heres my video of Maxwell 6 stars

ehhh... she has potential, but in equipment is heavily limited. Also her cure+inmunity ailments skill is unique and very useful.

Haha just as you post this we just finished watching. :) Enjoyed.

Yup, solid analysis.

That said, it always ruffles my feathers slightly every time someone asserts that a unit's equipment selection fitting a theme equates into a significant negative. Often, I wonder if these analyses (speaking broadly [especially glaring at r/ffbe] and not picking on Val here specifically), is simply considering "Well top DPS can equip X gear and this unit can't because it's thematically themed (where's my katana wielding mage, dammit), therefore this unit sucks." It's not like spears are in a situation like harps, whips, hammers, and knuckles are on Global. Spears are really only second to the sword types in terms of weapon variety.

/waits for eventual 7* Greg awakening, with quad wield so that players can use 4x different weapons + their respective masteries simultaneously to proclaim that every other physical DPS unit "sucks" because of their gear limitations.

EDarkness

Yup, solid analysis.

That said, it always ruffles my feathers slightly every time someone asserts that a unit's equipment selection fitting a theme equates into a significant negative. Often, I wonder if these analyses (speaking broadly [especially glaring at r/ffbe] and not picking on Val here specifically), is simply considering "Well top DPS can equip X gear and this unit can't because it's thematically themed (where's my katana wielding mage, dammit), therefore this unit sucks." It's not like spears are in a situation like harps, whips, hammers, and knuckles are on Global. Spears are really only second to the sword types in terms of weapon variety.

/waits for eventual 7* Greg awakening, with quad wield so that players can use 4x different weapons + their respective masteries simultaneously to proclaim that every other physical DPS unit "sucks" because of their gear limitations.

Yeah, I personally don't mind that some characters can only use certain types of equipment. The only issue I have about it general is that they should make sure they provide lots of weapon options so that these kinds of things don't hurt the character too much. Lucky for us, there are quite a few spears/polearms in the game that are pretty good. Sure, we don't have anything super awesome like Excalibur, but that's fine, I think.

Kouriozan

I'm unsure if my eyes will be able to handle this game soon enough.
Thankfully in Brave Exvius, base 5* at 6* looks pretty good without huge shiny aura blocking the view.
Some 3* at 6* are questionnable though, like Rain / Lasswell / Xiao / even Cecil is a bit too shiny. Hope to god they'll never be 7*

Edit : just realized I'm 20 shards away from getting Kelsus!

Valentus

Yup, solid analysis.

I agree, but i had to say it, because a unit has strenghts and flaws, and the lack of variety (and not only in weapons, in equipment in general) is one of maxwells flaws. Elza can only equip only spears too but nobody cares because she even with spears is a beast

Pejo

Yeah, I personally don't mind that some characters can only use certain types of equipment. The only issue I have about it general is that they should make sure they provide lots of weapon options so that these kinds of things don't hurt the character too much. Lucky for us, there are quite a few spears/polearms in the game that are pretty good. Sure, we don't have anything super awesome like Excalibur, but that's fine, I think.

Aren't Artisan and Crimson Blood two of the highest damage weapons in the game right now, and they're both spears?

Rokuren

Aren't Artisan and Crimson Blood two of the highest damage weapons in the game right now, and they're both spears?

True but weapon selection also affects what materia you can equip. We'll eventually get a spear mastery; but with a large weapon selection I can use multiple. Or mages with Letter and Arms.

robotuw

If we're talking about Maxwell, her limit burst is magic-based and there are no magic-focused spears so her theoretically awesome lb is completely hamstrung.

Finally saw my first metal gods (3 of em) and got almost as much in one run as I did all of yesterday.

The metal gods do not look kindly upon me today

If we're talking about Maxwell, her limit burst is magic-based and there are no magic-focused spears so her theoretically awesome lb is completely hamstrung.

Draco Spike? I know it's not stellar but it's close to 100 MAG isn't it?

Edit: 101 so not too shabby

Double Edit:... Why call it spike if it's a rod?! XD

EDarkness

I agree, but i had to say it, because a unit has strenghts and flaws, and the lack of variety (and not only in weapons, in equipment in general) is one of maxwells flaws. Elza can only equip only spears too but nobody cares because she even with spears is a beast

But isn't that more of an issue of scaling than the weapon choice itself? If she could use swords as well as spears would that really make a difference? I'd think that weapon selection in this case doesn't mean as much as the fact that she doesn't scale well and have great abilities compared to someone like Elza or even Vantes (or whatever his name is). Lackluster abilities would be the biggest issue here and a lack of 50% STR scaling based on weapon equipped that so many newer characters get these days.

Never heard of them, but that's a good point. Would that make much of a difference to Maxwell? I suppose having high raw damage weapons helps just about any character.

EDarkness

Well her lb is mag based so.... Letters and arms and fryevias needle?????

Sure, but that's more of an issue of there not being any serious polearms with MAG on them. On top of that, it wouldn't change anything based on your video if there were those weapons, because it's still an issue of scaling ATK, which isn't good. Her abilities just aren't very good and don't scale well, so she'll be gimped regardless of the weapon issue. Other base 5* units are just better in this regard. Also, her LB does ass damage, even though it hits so many times. I like using it, but lets be real here, man. It'll be used more for chaining other character's abilities more than her own...unless someone brings another Maxwell and even then how rare is that (once the event is done)? I should note, that this really depends on whether or not the'll let us get her again if we were successful the first time. I've read on this forum that this most likely wouldn't be the case.

Congrats on the Tilith and glad you are enjoying the game with your wife!

Daily: Garland, lol.

Thanks! I've heard about how difficult it is to get her, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten her with 15 tickets - but not as lucky as my wife, who used exactly 1 rare ticket and got her immediately :p

Syntsui

Well the reason I'm asking is cause I'm not seeing where 300 shards are coming from, yet alone 360.

Right now we have 190 + 90 from the Mog King.

So considering we still get 5 per daily quest + X amount from future quests, getting 360 is not really that absurd. We will have 345 guaranteed by the end of the month, so we only need 15 more from any of the anniversary quests/explorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom