• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Right now we have 190 + 90 from the Mog King.

So considering we still get 5 per daily quest + X amount from future quests, getting 360 is not really that absurd. We will have 345 guaranteed by the end of the month, so we only need 15 more from any of the anniversary quests/explorations.
With Mog King, I'm up to 280 now with 2 weeks of dailies to go.

Beaten by Syn.

So in regards to my original question we do need to pick up the mog king shards then? If we want the full 360 that is.

Syntsui

So in regards to my original question we do need to pick up the mog king shards then? If we want the full 360 that is.

Maybe, that will depend on how they will tackle the exploration quests. I think they will give a lot of shards as rewards on top of the other stuff so everyone can safely get him, even if we missed some dailies.

Broseybrose

Well the reason I'm asking is cause I'm not seeing where 300 shards are coming from, yet alone 360.

Theyre so cheap I just grabbed them without thinking.

Im more worried about how Im going to afford the exclusive equips with only Tilith/Friend. Probably gonna have buy a few NRG refreshes I guess.

hitmon

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I got a Tillith after some very bad pulls. I'm currently sharing Maxwell, any tips on how to equip her and Tillith?

Does thia game get updated with new story bits? I downloaded it back in Decemner and play in small bursts and just beat the Ghost Ship. Is their an actual ending? Do you ever get to ride a Chocobo like on the downloading screen?

LucaMac

With the lucky bangles today I am now equipped to have a 100% evade noctis. Question, should I be using provoke or fish? Should he become my main tank now discarding Cecil and not being too fused with WOL for most things? Certain trials will need double tanks of course. I'm quite set with units. Haven't even unwrapped my Aileen yet, not sure where to fit her in...

Visceir

Does thia game get updated with new story bits? I downloaded it back in Decemner and play in small bursts and just beat the Ghost Ship. Is their an actual ending? Do you ever get to ride a Chocobo like on the downloading screen?

New story content gets added every month or so. The JP version is ahead story wise and has finished 'Season 1' and is a few updates into Season2 now.

You're slowly getting to the part where the story is slowly getting more and more interesting.

Alkez

You're going to be that stingy over 9k crimson ore?

It was just a question...

I thought I read that we would get enough shards to summon him just from logging in and the raid so I wasn't sure what the Mog King shards were for. Was just trying to get an understanding of the math.

But yes, I can't refresh often so how I use my NRG is important to me. I guess what some would say is optimizing others would say is stingy. Different povs.

Lyrian

Once a month, like clockwork. Next expansion should be this coming Thursday. Stories end, but new ones will begin in their place. There's no true ending until the servers shut down.

You're maybe halfway to the current point in the story.

No riding chocobos yet.

robotuw

Seeing all the Tilith meltdowns has reminded me of how cruel this game can be. I've been very lucky so far but I can't assume I'll stay that way and I'm not willing to spend tons of money to force it. With that in mind I've tried to analyze what the best options are for me in the coming months. I'm not that aware of the JP meta (particularly trials) so correct me if I'm missing something. Also Gumi will assuredly throw curve balls to fuck all this planning up anyway.

What I've got now:

Chainers: Orlandu, TT, Setzer
I'm pretty well off here. Landu is still on top months later and he is relatively flexible element-wise with the right equipment (more on that later). TT can provide magic-based chains if need be. My main issue is I need to rely on friends. I'd prefer to be self-sufficient with my chains. Not much I can do about it though since all the best chainers are 5* and most only really chain with themselves.

Finishers: Firion
Firion will have to do for now I guess, though I still need to enhance him. I'm pretty ignorant of the future meta when it comes to finishers.

Mages: TT, Emperor 2x
I'm set here as both get great enhancements.

Healers: Tilith, Ramza (later)
Thankfully good here.

Tanks: WoL, Charlotte (much later on)
Assuming Gumi ever releases him from purgatory.

Support: Ramza (buffs), WoL (debuff), Ling (debuff)
After getting Rikku I think I'll be ok here.

Who I want (regardless of usefulness):

Just 2B and 9S since they haven't released FF8, FFX-2, Vagrant Story, or any number of other series characters yet (god help me when they do)

Who I (think) I need:

Rikku 4* (aoe auto-revive)
Mistaire 4* (magic tank)
Ayaka 5* (end stop's reign of terror)
???

Put together, I've got a solid lineup already and only a few gaps to fill. It feels like I should focus more on TMs from 3* and 4* units, and maximizing the effectiveness of who I've got now, so let's look at that (mostly focusing on offensive items).

Those Good TMs

Weapons:
+120atk lightning greatsword (Grom, 3*)
+120atk fire katana (Kamui, 3*)
+110atk ice katana (Hauyn, 3*)
+93atk earth katana (mog king event)
+100atk +84mag sword (Sylvia, 4*)

Armor:
+35def +55mag + 20spr + 30% dark resist robe (Victoria, 4*)
+20atk +32def +20% mp clothes (Gouken, 4*)
+21def +42mag +36spr +50% earth resist +100% silence resist hat (Hunter Fina, 4*)

Accessories:
+45atk (Desch, 4*)
thing wot does a lot of good stuff (Rikku, 4*)
other thing that also does good stuff (9S, 4*)
+45mag (Wado, 4*)

Materia:
+20%hp +40atk w/ greatsword (Werei, 4*)
+40% def w/ h shield, +40% atk w/ greatsword (Earth Veritas, 4*)
+40% spr w/ staff, +40% mag w/ rod (Water Veritas, 4*)
+20% def +40% mag w/ rod (William, 4*)

Yikes, mostly 4*s but a few key 3*s I'll have to be sure to get. Now, when are they arriving?

When's it coming (subject to a HUGE amount of change):

FFX banner w/ Rikku: 2 weeks
FF11 Banner w/ Werei: ~1.5 months
Veritas Banner pt. 1 w/ Earth Veritas and Victoria: ~2 months
FF3 banner w/ Desch: ~3 months
Veritas Banner pt. 2 w/ Veritas of Water: ~3 months
Noctis Banner w/ Grom: ~3 months
MonHun Banner w/ Hunter Fina: ~3.5 months
BE Banner w/ Ayaka, Sylvia, Gouken, and Kamui: ~4 months
Cloud Banner w/ William: ~5 months
BE Banner w/ Mistair: ~6 months
Nier banner 2/ 2B and 9S: ~7.5 months
BE Banner w/ Wado and Hauyn: ~9 months

Actually pretty decently spaced with only 1-2 4* units I want every month or so. The banners to go hard for (the ones with multiple units) appear to be the Veritas pt. 1, Ayaka's banner, the Nier Banner, and the most recent JP banner. The Ayaka banner in particular has 4 worthwhile units, very nice. Good to know some of my top 5* units will come with good consolation prizes.

Lyrian

It was just a question...

I thought I read that we would get enough shards to summon him just from logging in and the raid so I wasn't sure what the Mog King shards were for. Was just trying to get an understanding of the math.

But yes, I can't refresh often so how I use my NRG is important to me. I guess what some would say is optimizing others would say is stingy. Different povs.

From a purely objective perspective, the answer is "no one knows". Looking backwards for the past half a month, the only ways to achieve shards is through the daily event quest, weekly rewards through the login calendar, and event participation prizes. The 90 shards on the Mog King is an equivalent to the 80 shards offered from the Titan raid as tier prizes.

Adding reality to the matter, the cost of the shards over a two week period from Mog are significantly immaterial at ~643 ore per day, which is trivially easy to obtain with just using friend Maxwells only. These shards are meant to be very easy to obtain. Hence, my comment in disbelief about the question you asked.

Alkez

I have a few questions about ReRaise. I'm not sure if anybody will be able to answer them but wanted to throw them out there anyway cause Rikku is coming out soon and I wanted to get a hand on the mechanics:

• If a unit has buffs, dies, and gets Raised normally they lose that buff. Is this the same if they get ReRaised?
  • If they do lose buffs, and Ramza was applying that buff from singing, do I then need to wait until he stops singing before I can reapply that buff? Or is it reapplied because he's still singing?
  • If I apply Luka's Regenerate, Noctis' Cover, Aileen's Recovery Oil etc and a unit get's ReRaised do they lose that passive healing?
These shards are meant to be very easy to obtain. Hence, my comment in disbelief about the question you asked.

That's fair. I just wasn't getting the math is all. I was pretty much just looking for someone to say we get x from logins, y from daily quests, z from the raid, so the 90 from mog king will get you to 360, just so I could understand really.

tuffymon

We have time for sure, so you can hold off on buying the shards for now if you're unsure (i snagged them just so i could buy him sooner, see if he truly needs another +60 to evolve).

Valentus

I have a few questions about ReRaise. I'm not sure if anybody will be able to answer them but wanted to throw them out there anyway cause Rikku is coming out soon and I wanted to get a hand on the mechanics:

• If a unit has buffs, dies, and gets Raised normally they lose that buff. Is this the same if they get ReRaised?
  • If they do lose buffs, and Ramza was applying that buff from singing, do I then need to wait until he stops singing before I can reapply that buff? Or is it reapplied because he's still singing?
  • If I apply Luka's Regenerate, Noctis' Cover, Aileen's Recovery Oil etc and a unit get's ReRaised do they lose that passive healing?

That's fair. I just wasn't getting the math is all. I was pretty much just looking for someone to say we get x from logins, y from daily quests, z from the raid, so the 90 from mog king will get you to 360, just so I could understand really.

All that questions can be answered with only 1 answer:

A unit that is resurrected (via normal raise or reraise) lose all the icons (good and bad ones) in the top of his/her head.

Alkez

All that questions can be answered with only 1 answer:

A unit that is resurrected (via normal raise or reraise) lose all the icons (good and bad ones) in the top of his/her head.

Kl thanks.

So you could be in a situation where Ramza is stuck singing no one is gaining a buff from him?

Alkez

I suppose, but if you've managed to kill and revive the rest of your team you might as well kill and revive him too to reset the song.

Haha yeah that's true. I also realised that Rikku's ReRaise comes with a def and spr buff so if somehow Ramza survives but you're able to reapply ReRaise your team won't be completely exposed and instantly die again.

Kouriozan

Metal gods... metal gods everywhere!

Not even 48 hours after the start of the event and I managed to get a total of 133k crimson ores, I LOVE THIS EVENT!

With Mog King, I'm up to 280 now with 2 weeks of dailies to go.

Beaten by Syn.

Ugggg! I just realized that I missed a daily due to being busy on a maintenance day and am at 275, :/. I really hope they provide a tiny bit of leeway / overflow, otherwise I'll be pissed.

Camwi

Exclusive look at Tilith 7*!

o2BBflMm.jpg
E09XfAY.gif

Man Brave Frontier really went overboard with their sprites.

Holy shit! Is she the first 7*, or have there been many in Japan already?

Lucreto

12 runs today and no Metal Gods. I got a set of 2 and a set of 3 yesterday.

I get about 1000 crimson ore a run so already sitting on 35K after 2 days is not too bad.

Alkez

Ugggg! I just realized that I missed a daily due to being busy on a maintenance day and am at 275, :/. I really hope they provide a tiny bit of leeway / overflow, otherwise I'll be pissed.

I think Syntsui is right, they'll most likely be some from the explorations. Imo it would be ridiculous to punish people for missing just 1 day.

I thought I had missed a day as well cause it says the event started on the 1st but I guess we didn't get anything that day.

Dandte

I just realized this

It's been over 400 days ( i missed a couple due to traveling etc.) and i still enjoy this game like day one. Mhm no even more, since in the first weeks there was nothing to do except killing ifrit over and over again. I should have started tm farming back then...and saving my lapis from the 500 lapis generic banner.

I'm kinda sleepy since it's a little bit late here in germany.
I just wanted to let all of you know, that you make this game much more entertaining and i appreciate it to be part of this wonderful place called Brave Exvius Gaf. A big thank you to everyone!

Celegus

I just realized this

It's been over 400 days ( i missed a couple to to traveling etc.) and i still enjoy this game like day one. Mhm no even more, since in the first weeks there was nothing to do except killing ifrit over and over again. I should have started tm farming back then...and saving my lapis from the 500 lapid generic banner.

I just wanted to let all of you know, that you make this game much more entertaining and i appreciate it to be part of this wonderful place called Brave Exvius Gaf. A big thank you to everyone!

Trying to make up for the other day huh? All is forgiven, Exvius GAF is a benevolent land.

Seriously agreed though, this community makes an awesome game so much better. Been playing for just about a year myself and still love it!!

NomarTyme

Claic interviews Hiroki Fujimoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5_HK_ubFdQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...3_interview_with_gl_producer_hiroki_fujimoto/

Hey guys!

After being invited out to E3 to take part of the Square Enix Presents E3 live stream I had the honor of interviewing the Producer of GL FFBE Hiroki Fujimoto! He is an amazing person and also super fun! I collected a bunch of questions from the community and also had a few of my own ready to go!

Some questions got cut from being able to be asked for one reason or another but it was an amazing experience and I hope you guys enjoy!

Questions and Answers

1.) Will there ever be multiplayer like FFRK?

So we can’t give any details at this moment but multiplayer mode is something that the team has on their mind and we will hopefully have some good news in the future.

2.) Will we get the same players rewards system as JP?

This will be included in the big update coming June 22 for the GL one year anniversary!

3.) Will there ever be a multiple ticket summoning system?

For the moment we don't have any plans for this function.

4.) Will there be global exclusive collabs?

Yes! We are planning some now! However, it may take a lot of time as making the new sprites and getting all the work done may take more time.

5.) Will friendlist ever get bigger than 130?

We defintely hear you. I personally would like to see the list expanded as well, but that is something we have in mind for future updates. We’ve been slowly adding features people have wanted such as esper resets and faster summoning times.
6.) We’ve noticed that Yda is a little imbalanced as compared to the JP counterpart and wanted to know if this is something that the team is aware of?

We are constantly making adjustments to JP version units after getting feedback from the JP players and use it to make units stronger and make them so players can enjoy them more.

7.) Will there ever be different equipments for each party you have?

So we don’t know the timing for this yet but the JP version already has the option of the Arena to have different setups and we want to bring that over to the GL version as well.
8.) Will magic users be as effective as physical damage dealers who can chain?

So we definitely hear you on that point and we understand that physical attackers have an advantage and feel more efficient when added to your party. We are looking into balancing that but maybe not in terms of buffing magic users but creating situations to make it more advantageous to use them.

9.) Are leader skills ever going to occur like in other mobile games?

So that is defintely something we are considering but it is hard to just implement a feature like that right away because of the balance of the entire game. We would need to make sure one leader skill doesn’t make a certain party crazy strong. So it is something if we hear a lot of players want we would look into it.

10.) Will there ever be guilds or other ways to interact with other players in game?

So you know FFBE is at its heart an RPG. So we try to give the traditional experience of an RPG where its mostly solitary experience with the story and it’s hard to find a good balance and match with the community elements. As you know we have the Arena but that isn’t real time. This is something we get a lot of feedback on and we will be thinking of ways to implement these features but that will be a long time.

11.) Who is your favorite Final Fantasy characters in FFBE?

Ariana Grande! I got to meet her and work with her and I like the unit because she can go to 6 star and has equipment that only she can use. This makes her a very unique character in the FFBE world. She feels like a very efficient character as well.

Kouriozan

Thanks for posting this
2.) Will we get the same players rewards system as JP?

This will be included in the big update coming June 22 for the GL one year anniversary!
Hope this means friend levels AND total login rewards.

From the Reddit wiki :
Code:
Days	Reward
2	10,000 Gil
3	2000x Lapis
5	1x Summoning Ticket
7	10x 30k EXP Cactuar
14	500x Lapis
30	5% Trust Moogle
60	1x +50 HP Pot
100	500x Lapis
150	1x +15 MP Pot
200	500x Lapis
250	1x +10 ATK Pot
300	10% Trust Moogle
350	1x +10 DEF Pot
400	500x Lapis
450	1x +10 MAG Pot
500	500x Lapis
550	1x +10 SPR Pot
600	500x Lapis
650	10,000 LB EXP Burst Pot
I would get 4k lapis, and with the crafting slots refund it will be perfect for the guaranted rainbow banner!

Lyrian

Fuzzy moogles all around!

No, no, no....

Multiplayer is the worst concept that ever happened to PAD, turning a single player game into an indirectly forced mandatory multiplayer game if one wanted to participate in the endgame meta there. 2 player co-op is was bad enough, but now they have 3-player live multiplayer dungeons.

On one hand, multiplayer would be nice for carries of new players through early trials and such.

On the other hand, NOTHING will piss people off more in this game **ever** then watching your multiplayer partner do something stupid and wreck your entire run. Losing when someone else screws up, when you are doing everything right, is among the most aggravating concepts in gaming.

50 DKP MINUS.

Thanks for posting this
Hope this means friend levels AND total login rewards.

From the Reddit wiki :
Code:
Days	Reward
2	10,000 Gil
3	2000x Lapis
5	1x Summoning Ticket
7	10x 30k EXP Cactuar
14	500x Lapis
30	5% Trust Moogle
60	1x +50 HP Pot
100	500x Lapis
150	1x +15 MP Pot
200	500x Lapis
250	1x +10 ATK Pot
300	10% Trust Moogle
350	1x +10 DEF Pot
400	500x Lapis
450	1x +10 MAG Pot
500	500x Lapis
550	1x +10 SPR Pot
600	500x Lapis
650	10,000 LB EXP Burst Pot
I would get 4k lapis, and with the crafting slots refund it will be perfect for the guaranted rainbow banner!

Not bad, at least at the beginning. Very nice for new players.

Hey, I can look forward to the King Burst Pot in only 300 more days! Outside of that first month, kinda meh though. PAD, being 5 years old, offers better long-term rewards than that, and the reward scheme has never changed. Still, free lapis is free lapis.

Valentus

Multiplayer in the veins of Record Keeper would be absolutely phenomenal, it is the one thing I wish our raids were.

multiplayer in record keeper is pure sex. But i dont know how can that be applied in Brave Exvius because record keeper are active time turn battles and we are only normal turn based battles.

But yeah, something like record keeper multiplayer in my exvius would be like

Syntsui

multiplayer in record keeper is pure sex. But i dont know how can that be applied in Brave Exvius because record keeper are active time turn battles and we are only normal turn based battles.

But yeah, something like record keeper multiplayer in my exvius would be like

It would work exactly like mobius in our game I'd guess.

Muku

Looking at these 7*... I bet Xiao's will be a moving ball of red shit around her. All fiery like as well. Because reasons.

Celegus

Ewww please no multiplayer. That sounds horrendous. MP works great in Mobius but it was also designed with that in mind, it's not some weird tacked-on thing.

Celegus

A carbon copy of that would work just as well here lol.

I'm not sure I get how that would work. Have you played much Mobius MP? There's quite a lot of depth to it with the different elements, job roles, and especially in regards to turn order. Attacker needs to break the yellow gauge, breaker for the red gauge, attacker to nuke after (but keeping enough orbs and actions to not completely whiff during a break) plus juggling buffs/debuffs/defense drives from supports and defenders and making sure someone has enough turns to generate orbs for everyone on the last turn. And the virtually unlimited combinations of decks and specialized weapons. I don't know how Exvius would be nearly as interesting with such limited customization if you're only playing one character in a party doing one action per turn.

hitmon

Syntsui

I'm not sure I get how that would work. Have you played much Mobius MP? There's quite a lot of depth to it with the different elements, job roles, and especially in regards to turn order. Attacker needs to break the yellow gauge, breaker for the red gauge, attacker to nuke after (but keeping enough orbs and actions to not completely whiff during a break) plus juggling buffs/debuffs/defense drives from supports and defenders and making sure someone has enough turns to generate orbs for everyone on the last turn. And the virtually unlimited combinations of decks and specialized weapons. I don't know how Exvius would be nearly as interesting with such limited customization if you're only playing one character in a party doing one action per turn.

- Raid boss with immense HP and some very strict mechanics (basically the trial bosses we already had but with more HP for balancing purposes).
- 6 members party (or more, maybe 12 with each player controlling 2 characters) where every player controls their own actions.
- No possibility of using repeated characters, therefore no chain cheesing.
- If the party dies you can try again, but the fight resets. If you quit you can't play again with the same friend, unless he uses a different character.

Basically it could work as a convential trial boss, but with the possibility of having a more diverse and complete composition as each player could contribute with their BiS character for the respective position. Right now only the hugest whales have a complete BiS character for every position (healer/tank/support/mage/dps).

Due to this, the boss would need much more HP as well as more strict mechanics like healing himself, having immunity to phy/mag damage on some turns, having immunity to some elements in other turns etc. With this, elemental chaining (even with different character) wouldn't be so broken as it wouldn't work all the time. Plus, this could be handled with characters that can debuff elements giving more importance to these types of moves in the place of spamming the same damaging move over and over.

Something in those lines in a mode with a different NRG consuption (could be orbs) and interesting farmable rewards (1% or 5% TM moogles for every single character in the game, elemental weapons, immunity accesories/gear, crysts and stat enhancing pots) would be very good as a challenge to whale players with their complete characters for every position and not so whale players with that one good PHY/MAG damage dealer or TANK/SUPPORT.

It would be challenging, rewarding and inclusive as you would only need at least one/two well equipped character. Plus, it would give you a reason to play the game besides TM farming/Mog King grinding, it would give you the incentive to be part of a community and it would be updated every single week with the very same rewards, so there would be no reason for you to rush or grind it, it would always be there and it would always give you the type of reward you could get elsewhere doing your TM farming/Arena/Cryst Vortex/Mog King events.

That's my dream multiplayer mode. Something very Record Keeper (maybe not so Mobius) inspired, but converted to our reality, our mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom