• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually really digging my Nine and feel like he's a solid unit for my main DPS focused squad. He's got great crowd control and his jump does nutty damage.

My main holdup at this point is that I have crappy lances and no Kains to get the Gungir. My three options for him are the holy lance (+82), twin lance (+52), and death scythe (+70). The holy lance + death scythe give him the highest ATK rating, but the twin lance adds the extra attack to the mix, effectively making his normal attack a ST barrage.

Should I sacrifice 18 ATK points for the twin lance, just to have the double attack? Or would it make more sense to maximize the ATK? I feel like twin lance + holy lance is the way to go, but I wanted to check because I'm not totally sure what 18 ATK actually translates into in terms of damage output.

Rixa

Was sick most of the weekend so I missed the goings-ons here, did anything cool get announced at PAX? Or was it just like, hey, here's this mobile game, it's doing well

FFVI might get some global love?
Reddit said:
Q: There are many Final Fantasy 6 characters, but many of them are quite weak. Are there going to be any Global version upgrades coming for them?

A: We are currently planning a Final Fantasy 6 event. One of the easier to get characters will be receiving upgrades exclusive to the Global version.

Valentus

Well, the trial cant be done with only FFV characters... yet

The strategy is to defend with galuf all the time and draw attacks to him... that is nice, but galuf only have 50% draw attacks, so thats why galuf has producer's jacket equipped, because with that galuf had 70% draw attacks that is more tolerable than 50%.

Another thing is that faris has counter equipped to gain free turns of stone sealing, and we dont have a stone weapon (other than golem staff and she cant equip it) in GL for faris. Also, Faris has titan equipped and the extra hp is useful to get to 4k hp, the minimun to try to get gilgamesh.

Finally, other items and equip (like safety bit) that give extra HP that are not in GL.

And lets not count that this strategy was made for not dealing with thunder element.

Oh well, maybe in the future when we get more stuff.

Rixa

Oh neato, wonder if they're going to make Tera/Kefka 6* less crappy

Or, even better....hope everyone hung onto their Shadows!

I don't think they touch Kefka. Maybe give some global exclu skill. They may tweak some other units.

Zalasta

Almost done with the mog event. Since the rate of the bonus enemy encounter is ridiculously low for me, it's good that the base rate of currency from normal enemy is decent.

Will take a crack at Gilga trial afterward. Looks like I will have to use up some of my TM moogle to get DC finally, since it seems that it is truly mandatory this time. However, I'm out of luck on DW since I still have not gotten a single Zidane yet.

Visceir

Almost done with the mog event. Since the rate of the bonus enemy encounter is ridiculously low for me, it's good that the base rate of currency from normal enemy is decent.

Will take a crack at Gilga trial afterward. Looks like I will have to use up some of my TM moogle to get DC finally, since it seems that it is truly mandatory this time. However, I'm out of luck on DW since I still have not gotten a single Zidane yet.

That was one of my big fears when starting GL -- just never getting the needed unit for DW TM.

I recommend saving up 100% moogles rather than spending them on DC. Y'shtola will probably make needing DC a less of an urgent matter, assuming we get FF XIV raid soon. The people's choice banner should happen soon, which will probably have Zidane as a rate-up unit on it.

We should also get 3* Abel unit sometimes within the next 2 months who has a 82 atk dagger that gives DW as his TM reward. Not exactly the ideal source for DW, but can work alright.

Pejo

I don't think they touch Kefka. Maybe give some global exclu skill. They may tweak some other units.

I really hope it's Locke or Celes, or both. They both need love. As a fanboy, I don't even care if they make them new units like Battle Armor Ramza, just make them good.

Valentus

So the future banners i think we will get:

This week: Raid (the reason of this and not Players Choice is because we wont have an active event. Gilgamesh was released last week but we had Mog King event active... This week the mog king event will end and i dont think gumi will leave us without events for a whole week)

Next week: Players Choice Banner

Last week of March: WAIFU EILEEN (also wol and garland upgrades)

First Week of April: Dragon Quest

Second week of April: Easter Global Exclusive Event

Third week of April: THE THUNDER GOD (and probably a massive wave of quits xD)

But, still troll gumi can throw us players choice event and not giving us any event this week.

across

Other than the obvious ones I really wish I had more machine killers on JP. Even if they don't stack on GL I still think it'd be nice to have a few of those to hand one to your main damage dealers.

Greatsword equip is worth having, considering they offer great elemental variety, have generally the highest atk and will benefit from upcoming greatsword mastery trial reward and Werei TM.

Jack TMs are also an useful tool to have in future with current units like Cecil and upcoming units that would benefit from having their LB filled every turn.

A 3rd or 4th dualwield or black cowl would probably still offer more value than half the other TMs out there.

This is good information. I've been eyeing Machine Killer for a while - Aigaion is a given; are there other notable trial/event enemies you can recall where it'd come in handy?

Equip L Sword is something I want to grab a copy of and I pulled a couple Jacks for TMing at some point. I know they're supposed to be valuable on Rikku, in particular?

Any other lesser-known or more situational TMs that you can think of? On the flipside, anything in particular you'd recommend against? I have a small army of Inguses I want to eventually get around to for Ashe in the future but I wonder if you actually fill her ability slots with other stats like HP or MP or something for sustain rather than more MAG.

This week: Raid (the reason of this and not Players Choice is because we wont have an active event. Gilgamesh was released last week but we had Mog King event active... This week the mog king event will end and i dont think gumi will leave us without events for a whole week)

But, still troll gumi can throw us players choice event and not giving us any event this week.

That all sounds very plausible. I'm selfishly hoping that nothing exciting happens next week, as I will be on vacation (woot!!) and won't be using my phone for pretty much the entire week. It will be weird not doing the daily check-ins and break my streak, but I doubt I'll have the chance to do so. I'm honestly not even sure there will be wifi/internet connection where I'm staying.

So if there's something like a raid next week, I probably won't be able to participate at all unless it's a two week gig. In which case, I'll have to hit it hard during the second week and see if I can remotely catch up.

eggydoo

they just showed the Gladio DLC for FFXV where he goes through the Gilgamesh Trial....would've been cool if we got him for this banner

Edit: Just joined the daily shera club

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Sorry Val, but LassLose upgrades will come before WoL and Garland. It is known.

Also, wasn't DQ a Mogking event that came after Orlandu? I assume Orlandu will be first, since Mogking and Explorations have been in order.

across

Also, wasn't DQ a Mogking event that came after Orlandu? I assume Orlandu will be first, since Mogking and Explorations have been in order.

DQ came after Orlandu, yeah. I'm sticking with my prediction of FFXIV raid -> Player's Choice to drain lapis -> Orlandu. They already did it with the initial Player's Choice -> Lightning. It's like poetry, it's sort of, they rhyme. Lightning? Thunder God? C'mon.

E/Aileen is tempting to those of us who follow JP but Orlandu is a full-on (wearying) meme at Reddit and the such. Doubt Gumi's going to waste a financial layup on a lesser-known unit.

Muku

I read this and was like what? Then I realised your DST starts 2 weeks before ours does lol. I think their GL offices are based in either Europe or Asia based on when they do maintenance (unless they're just night owls lol) so it's unlikely they would adjust it to the American time zones.

That being said I don't remember the reset moving when DST ended last year. For me it's 8am GMT, but when I first started playing the rest was at 9am because of DST. I don't think they move it at all.

A few years back these knuckleheads decided to start DST earlier and let it run later in year for longer DST hours. I freaking hate it. Change happened while I was in Japan. I was very content there with not having to deal with DST at all. DST needs to die in a fire. :|

In otherwords though, keep the night for playing BoTW. Screw trying to do dailies before morning. Means horse riding all night~

Valentus

The order of JP is almost only a reference to us but global didnt follow that schedule.

FFII banner comes way before other things.

And DQ is a mogking event, and after that i put the easter event that probably will be like chinese new year event, and after that the Lapi Drainer banner.

Alkez

Orlandu and Eileen are going to destroy my Lapis...probably.

I have 53k Lapis for one of these two. I am ready...I hope.

The order of JP is almost only a reference to us but global didnt follow that schedule.

Yeah there's a few "out of order" banners. BF came out after Tactics here but I think it was the other way in JP. We're on our own schedule now it seems.

DST needs to die in a fire. :|

LOL. So much this.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

And DQ is a mogking event, and after that i put the easter event that probably will be like chinese new year event, and after that the Lapi Drainer banner.

Mog King events have gone

FFT -> FFXIII -> Type 0 P1 -> SoM -> Type 0 P2.

The only breaks in between have been their own Halloween one and boosting the BF earlier since they added quite a bit to it. They haven't gone out of order from the JPN release yet.

Explorations have followed a similar pattern

We went from IV - > III -> V -> BE -> II. With only breaks in between for their own events like Lunar New Years.

We aren't on the JPN schedule, but the order of each type of event hasn't deviated much. We're behind in Mogking, yet ahead in Explorations(Largely due to them making the Mogking events two week ones). If they boosted the DQ event prior without a significant change, it would be the first time with Gumi changing. But largely, they have been following the JPN schedule with breaks in between for their own content.

Next Mogking will most likely be Orlandu, unless they insert a custom one in place. We'll probably get Lass upgrade in the following week when they put in the next bit of story content.

My guess would be Raid -> Players Choice/Lasswell Upgrade+Story update -> FFT2 or Custom Mog

DQ came after Orlandu, yeah. I'm sticking with my prediction of FFXIV raid -> Player's Choice to drain lapis -> Orlandu. They already did it with the initial Player's Choice -> Lightning. It's like poetry, it's sort of, they rhyme. Lightning? Thunder God? C'mon.

E/Aileen is tempting to those of us who follow JP but Orlandu is a full-on (wearying) meme at Reddit and the such. Doubt Gumi's going to waste a financial layup on a lesser-known unit.

It depends, I can definitely see an Easter event, but I'm not sure how big Easter is WW. We could get a general spring event.

Muku

How many Shines does one really need?

Blue -> Gold on my 1/2. Not gonna complain that it was Shine though. Just dunno when I can get around to her TM. Guess I'll lock her for now.

Do we have numbers on COD's TM, auto limit? Does it give a reasonable about of the TM bar per turn? Figured it'd be good to give to a Cecil who doesn't have the LB maxed...like my own.

How many Shines does one really need?

I have 5. Going to take 4 to 100%. 2 for Noct and 2 for Ling.

Niahak

Do we have numbers on COD's TM, auto limit? Does it give a reasonable about of the TM bar per turn? Figured it'd be good to give to a Cecil who doesn't have the LB maxed...like my own.

Equivalent of 1 crystal per turn if I'm reading the wiki right. Jack's gives 2. How significant that is depends a lot on the character - Cecil's takes 16, so it would take 16 or 8 rounds - I think those TMs stack, though, so with 4 of Jack's it would take 2 rounds to charge his LB.

Equivalent of 1 crystal per turn if I'm reading the wiki right. Jack's gives 2. How significant that is depends a lot on the character - Cecil's takes 16, so it would take 16 or 8 rounds - I think those TMs stack, though, so with 4 of Jack's it would take 2 rounds to charge his LB.

Thanks. Not worth it for Cecil then. Guess I'll have to level another when I'm done with Noct's LB. Sitting at lvl 11 right now I believe.

Alkez

I'm 3 trophies away from Exceed Rings. Not that I'll ever make one but I would like the recipe anyways. Forger of Bonds (friend points) and Heavy Hitter (arena points) will happen over time. Trophy 70 is the difficult one. I've either got to summon an esper 10,000 times or go back to the Colosseum. Both do not sound appealing lol.

I could farm my 4 auto limit tms (1 CoD + 3 Jack) and do it that way with Garnet. Would mean I would only need to spend 1 NRG and could do it in between tm farming sessions.

Is anyone else close to 70 and if so what Trophies are going after to close it out?

Muku

I wish I had either of them. ;_; I guess right now my issue is I just don't feel like I have units for some of these TMs. I guess that's okay for now. Have two Shines with one I got earlier. I'll keep them around until something happens I guess.

Syntsui

When we get INT Maze, leveling LB is supposed to be trivial.

eggydoo

Just had some insane luck and ran into Nimbus 3 times out of 4 runs.

1 in Pro
then nothing
Then again in Pro
Then again in ELT o_O

now i'm worried all my luck is gone

RedZaraki

Banned
Man.

Imagine if Shadow 6* actually became a thing.

And he was actually GOOD.

Like, if he got a True Throw command that was the power level of the Throw command from the actual game (which is to say, amazing).

Visceir

From what I heard SE tends to be very anal with licensed FF characters and I imagine Gumi's hands are pretty much tied in regards to making bigger changes to FF units, so I have little hopes for Locke/Celes 6*, would be very cool though.

Syntsui

From what I heard SE tends to be very anal with licensed FF characters and I imagine Gumi's hands are pretty much tied in regards to making bigger changes to FF units, so I have little hopes for Locke/Celes 6*, would be very cool though.
I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. Gumi could very well make those characters useful while keeping them true to their original concept. It makes no sense to think Squenix deliberately wants so many iconic characters to be trash.

This line of thought also makes no sense considering the amount of liberty the developers of Mobius and Record Keeper have with the characters of the franchise. I also don't understand why Brave Exvius doesn't collaborate with those two games.

Visceir

This is good information. I've been eyeing Machine Killer for a while - Aigaion is a given; are there other notable trial/event enemies you can recall where it'd come in handy?

Equip L Sword is something I want to grab a copy of and I pulled a couple Jacks for TMing at some point. I know they're supposed to be valuable on Rikku, in particular?

Any other lesser-known or more situational TMs that you can think of? On the flipside, anything in particular you'd recommend against? I have a small army of Inguses I want to eventually get around to for Ashe in the future but I wonder if you actually fill her ability slots with other stats like HP or MP or something for sustain rather than more MAG.

Aiganon would be the main reason but there are other machine event bosses (like the one going on right now, or the FF7 one JP just had), nothing that you can't handle without machine killer but considering how you can't really stack materias in GL it might be nice to fill one of the materia slots with machine killer. Machine killer is also something that is seeminly more rare, Firion doesn't have it and none of the espers have it and you won't get it via story key quests (beast and demon killer will be obtainable via those).

As for more situational TMs...Freya's angel earrings would be something that would make the next upcoming trial easier to handle, but is by no means neccessary.

Those +30% hp and +30% SPR materias are really good, but I'd be hesitant to recommend those as way further down the line there are much better versions of those out there.

Ingus' TM has been becoming more prominent in the past month ever since a high mag sword was added to the game but there are still very few units who could effectively take advantage of it.

As for what I wouldn't recommend getting -- non-elemental weapons like Miyuki's (for obvious reasons now that Gilga trial is out) and Agrias' SaveTheQueen. Not that they're bad, there are just plenty of alternatives for those out there and that TM time/energy could prob be spent on other things.

Visceir

I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. Gumi could very well make those characters useful while keeping them true to their original concept. It makes no sense to think Squenix deliberately wants so many iconic characters to be trash.

This line of thought also makes no sense considering the amount of liberty the developers of Mobius and Record Keeper have with the characters of the franchise. I also don't understand why Brave Exvius doesn't collaborate with those two games.

They could be having future plans for them themselves. It's also always iffy to let others have a go at your iconic characters, that could possibly taint their image. They were even super strict about what color the chocobo had to be that Yun would riding, for example.

tuffymon

As for what I wouldn't recommend getting -- non-elemental weapons like Miyuki's (for obvious reasons now that Gilga trial is out) and Agrias' SaveTheQueen. Not that they're bad, there are just plenty of alternatives for those out there and that TM time/energy could prob be spent on other things.

Appreciate the insight and advice. Sometimes you Tm farm what you can/have, I have 4 units that can take advantage of blade mastery, Gilga only puts out once sadly, course as time moves on other sources will become available. Outside of Gilga, I do enjoy the null style weapons for avoiding resists and such.

Valentus

One night??

Isn't that like.....a stupid amount of Limit Breaks?

1.- Equip the unit you want to level with Auto-limit / Jack TM... the more the better
2.- Equip the same unit ifrit esper and a fire weapon and fire gear to get 100% fire resistance
3.- Equip the unit an alternative way of doing damage with another element (a materia of blizzara or something like that)
3.- Go to ifrit battle (the first ifrit form, not the second)
4.- press "auto", the unit will attack doing 0 damage. Ifrit will attack you doing 0 damage for fire resist, also auto lb will fill your bar and you will cast automatically the lb.

5.- Go to have a good sleep
6.- Wake up in the morning (this is a critical step)
7.- check your battle. Kill ifrit with the alternative method (blizzard, blizzara, etc)
8.- win the battle
9.- watch your unit fill its LB bar to lvl 25

Muku

Man.

Imagine if Shadow 6* actually became a thing.

And he was actually GOOD.

Like, if he got a True Throw command that was the power level of the Throw command from the actual game (which is to say, amazing).

I would be so happy! I've always kept one around. Just merge all the dupes into him. But I would happily go level him~ I really hope he gets love. Not like my luck with 5* is really good, so I'd love something I can get into with what I already have.

I am also dying for my Garland upgrade~

Lyrian

Finally finished phantoma farming, so tried my first attempt at Greg.

/sigh

Most embarrassing win ever.

Things that went wrong:

1) Screwed up every single frigging threshold. All three of them. Somehow, didn't wipe on any of them.

2) Nearly wiped on one round, when Greg decided to randomly quadruple X-blade on the same turn.

3) Had MP regen up the entire fight, but still ran out of MP on multiple units. RIP item achievement.

4) Massaging Greg's health in prep for the LB achievement, I accidentally overkilled him. RIP that as well.

/sigh

Not looking forward to doing this all over again.

Celegus

Is Vanille's TM worth getting for Emperor (30% mag and spr)? Not sure what other accessories we have access to now or soon in the future are better for mages.

Syntsui

1.- Equip the unit you want to level with Auto-limit / Jack TM... the more the better
2.- Equip the same unit ifrit esper and a fire weapon and fire gear to get 100% fire resistance
3.- Equip the unit an alternative way of doing damage with another element (a materia of blizzara or something like that)
3.- Go to ifrit battle (the first ifrit form, not the second)
4.- press "auto", the unit will attack doing 0 damage. Ifrit will attack you doing 0 damage for fire resist, also auto lb will fill your bar and you will cast automatically the lb.

5.- Go to have a good sleep
6.- Wake up in the morning (this is a critical step)
7.- check your battle. Kill ifrit with the alternative method (blizzard, blizzara, etc)
8.- win the battle
9.- watch your unit fill its LB bar to lvl 25
You should definitely do a video about this. It's not common knowledge and most of the videos out there recommend the usual boring method.

H3xum

Is Vanille's TM worth getting for Emperor (30% mag and spr)? Not sure what other accessories we have access to now or soon in the future are better for mages.

Moving forward the meta is switching from physical to magical, so, the 30% SPR will be massive. Granted, this is classic playing 6 months in the future.

Valentus

Mog King events have gone

FFT -> FFXIII -> Type 0 P1 -> SoM -> Type 0 P2.

The only breaks in between have been their own Halloween one and boosting the BF earlier since they added quite a bit to it. They haven't gone out of order from the JPN release yet.

Explorations have followed a similar pattern

We went from IV - > III -> V -> BE -> II. With only breaks in between for their own events like Lunar New Years.

We aren't on the JPN schedule, but the order of each type of event hasn't deviated much. We're behind in Mogking, yet ahead in Explorations(Largely due to them making the Mogking events two week ones). If they boosted the DQ event prior without a significant change, it would be the first time with Gumi changing. But largely, they have been following the JPN schedule with breaks in between for their own content.

Next Mogking will most likely be Orlandu, unless they insert a custom one in place. We'll probably get Lass upgrade in the following week when they put in the next bit of story content.

My guess would be Raid -> Players Choice/Lasswell Upgrade+Story update -> FFT2 or Custom Mog

It depends, I can definitely see an Easter event, but I'm not sure how big Easter is WW. We could get a general spring event.

Talking only about banners and not general content, since Lightning we got:

-Lightning Banner
-Tactics banner (split in 2)
-FFIV
-Halloween Event
-FFIII
-Brave Frontier
-FFV
-FFXIII
-Noctis Banner (with Mercedes because why the fuck not)
-Christmas Banner
-Majin Fina Banner (and without Rain because fuck you gumi thats why)
-Zero Part 1
-Lunar New Year
-Secret of Mana
-Marie Banner (without shine and Shera because 2 stupid angels came by)
-FFII
-Marie Banner without Marie but instead a cute cannoneer girl
-Zero Part-2
-Gilgamesh Vanquishers (?)

And Japan since that point got:

-Brave Frontier (change 1)
-Lightning banner
-Tactics 1 banner
-FFXIII (change 2)
-Crystal defenders (change 3, we got that even before lightning xD)
-FFIV
-FFZero 1 (change 4)
-FFIII
-Secret of Mana (change 5)
-FFV
-FFZero 2 (change 6)
-Majin Fina (WITH FUCKING RAIN)
-FFII (change 7? because marie was in there)
-Tactics part 2 (change 8)

The schedule has been changed EIGHT TIMES in a similar time frame.

Now i know that global wants to give us 2 weeks of explorations and 2 weeks of mog king, and thats why i think the banners will come like i said.

We need a exploration/another thing event and the raid (or even bahamut raid) comes good for now

Then another mog king event and i dont think they will give us orlandu now because gumi knows that after the thunder god, the ammount of lapis purchase will go down in global ("IF NO ORLANDU THERES NO LIFE TO LIVE FOR!!!") So they will try to delay the armageddon the most they can.

Also releasing Eileen first is a good busisness decision because the hype for Eileen is big too... not Orlandu big, but releasing Eileen first will make people buy lapis for her, and that same people will buy lapis for orlandu too even if they got an Eileen... I dont know if the same situation will happen the other side (releasing orlandu first and then the people that got an orlandu pull hard for eileen)

but probably im wrong too xD, i predicted banner order before and i was very little mistaken.

You should definitely do a video about this. It's not common knowledge and most of the videos out there recommend the usual boring method.

That was not my idea, another whale comes with that first xD

Muku

Gumi would be acting like Orlandu is the end all be all. In truth, I think many of us would like Orlandu, but there are other units that we'd love just as much.

For me that would have to mean FF7 or TWEWY or something happening to go balls to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom