• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Gumi would be acting like Orlandu is the end all be all. In truth, I think many of us would like Orlandu, but there are other units that we'd love just as much.

For me that would have to mean FF7 or TWEWY or something happening to go balls to the wall.

They delayed him so much it's almost time we received units that will be straight up better than him in the long run.

Visceir

Moving forward the meta is switching from physical to magical, so, the 30% SPR will be massive. Granted, this is classic playing 6 months in the future.

Uhh, no...physical units still reign surpreme. You've got that one trial that is mage specific but since the rewards are also mage specific (unlike the previous 2 trials) people can just shrug and ignore it.

Edit: Vanille's accessory is still relevant though and one of the best accessories you can get for mages/healers.

Valentus

They delayed him so much it's almost time we received units that will be straight up better than him in the long run.

I wont be surprised if the Tactics Banner 2 comes in April, it will come with Ovelia, Orran and Meliadoul, and agrias/gaffgarion upgrades.

something massive for the Lapis Drainer.

Muku

Despite this Mog King event sucking, it's been great at the same time. Didn't get much at all from event, but spending the free time right now working on Odin. Once I cap him, thinking about finishing Shiva (lv 38), Diablos (lv 30), and Carbuncle (lv 32). Odin is level 23 right now. Feel like going ahead and capping these guys will be better in the long run.

Edit: Should note Odin was level 23.. but 2*. Almost got him to 30 now though.

Celegus

I've seen exactly one Nimbus, and I accidentally brought my TM party into the event exactly one time. Guess which time it was.

Alkez

Also releasing Eileen first is a good busisness decision because the hype for Eileen is big too... not Orlandu big, but releasing Eileen first will make people buy lapis for her, and that same people will buy lapis for orlandu too even if they got an Eileen... I dont know if the same situation will happen the other side (releasing orlandu first and then the people that got an orlandu pull hard for eileen)

I've been thinking this for a while and as you say, it makes sense to do from a business standpoint. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. If we don't get tactics next Friday then i think we'll definitely get Eileen first.

I was checking out this Eileen char, and she seems like another Olive. Eileen does have a group heading ability which is cool, but with us having Olive is Eileen going to be as sought after? I can see Orlandu being wanted as the strongest "chainer" but I'd Eileen capable of that or is she a "finisher" like olive?

Syntsui

I was checking out this Eileen char, and she seems like another Olive. Eileen does have a group heading ability which is cool, but with us having Olive is Eileen going to be as sought after? I can see Orlandu being wanted as the strongest "chainer" but I'd Eileen capable of that or is she a "finisher" like olive?
She chains earth:

Piledriver: 200% ST 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Earth Resist

With enhancements it's 7x 250% + 75% earth imperil.

I've been thinking this for a while and as you say, it makes sense to do from a business standpoint. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. If we don't get tactics next Friday then i think we'll definitely get Eileen first.
I doubt we will have anything before the XIV or the Players Choice banner.

All things considered, the tier whores will pull on every OP banner available, it really doesn't matter the order. After Orlandu, the bar will only keep getting higher and the hardcore community will always be excited for the newest broken character.

Expect a lot of commotion if they delay Eileen, Tidus, OK, the Veritas and Cloud. Orlandu is just the first in line for the new meta that will define the game for the foreseen future.

Got the 30k moogle and star quartz. Once I finish off the mats I'm done. Kind of tired with grinding this event. Not a huge Type 0 guy. Guess it was nice getting 5 Nines tho...

I'm losing it! Thinking about going F2p completely.

Visceir

FF XIV raid in JP had the Summer Lid/Fina/Mfina banner along with it. I could see them postponing the summer units for...summer and maybe doing people's choice+FF XIV raid.

All the XIV units were from the raid gacha for raid currency and as rewards for individual raid points gained (so pretty much guaranteed and free).

LucaMac

Got the 30k moogle and star quartz. Once I finish off the mats I'm done. Kind of tired with grinding this event. Not a huge Type 0 guy. Guess it was nice getting 5 Nines tho...

I'm losing it! Thinking about going F2p completely.

Do it. F2P is generous enough. Some things take longer, but you eventually get a good character or two purely from weight of numbers drawn. I had a dry spell from soft launch but then pulled Noctis. Nothing else of note but the decent 3* and 4*s eventually come to you and you don't NEED a party of base 5*s. TMs make any team relevant for a start and just because you're F2P doesn't mean you won't get lucky. Pretty sure I'm better off unit wise than some who do paid 11 pulls every now and again.

Paying means you've a higher chance of getting something you're chasing. But not spending money means you've a higher chance of not going insane/depressed/broke because of a mobile game. A bedile with earned free lapis just gets a shrug and you move on. A noctis with free lapis is actually an extra awesome feeling with no money spent guilt or shame attached. I'd some party in my head that day. You don't get that if you spend money. It also kind of feels like paying for cheatcodes or something. Much more satisfying to take down Greg with your hard earned and worked on units than spending a small fortune and beating him in one turn with a pack of Noctis' (Nocti?) Where's the fun in that?

If I'd an insane amount of desposable income I'd probably do a paid pull or two every now and then, but don't have such luxury and if I came into such money now I think my mentality to not spending money on gatcha games has become so ingrained I'd probably still talk myself out of it.

Syntsui

FF XIV raid in JP had the Summer Lid/Fina/Mfina banner along with it. I could see them postponing the summer units for...summer and maybe doing people's choice+FF XIV raid.

All the XIV units were from the raid gacha for raid currency and as rewards for individual raid points gained (so pretty much guaranteed and free).
Or they could scrap the raid pulls and do a conventional banner with slightly buffed units. We are playing a different game and I'm sure some people would be happy with it.

/s

Celegus

Do it. F2P is generous enough. Some things take longer, but you eventually get a good character or two purely from weight of numbers drawn. I had a dry spell from soft launch but then pulled Noctis. Nothing else of note but the decent 3* and 4*s eventually come to you and you don't NEED a party of base 5*s. TMs make any team relevant for a start and just because you're F2P doesn't mean you won't get lucky. Pretty sure I'm better off unit wise than some who do paid 11 pulls every now and again.

Paying means you've a higher chance of getting something you're chasing. But not spending money means you've a higher chance of not going insane/depressed/broke because of a mobile game. A bedile with earned free lapis just gets a shrug and you move on. A noctis with free lapis is actually an extra awesome feeling with no money spent guilt or shame attached. I'd some party in my head that day. You don't get that if you spend money. It also kind of feels like paying for cheatcodes or something. Much more satisfying to take down Greg with your hard earned and worked on units than spending a small fortune and beating him in one turn with a pack of Noctis' (Nocti?) Where's the fun in that?

If I'd an insane amount of desposable income I'd probably do a paid pull or two every now and then, but don't have such luxury and if I came into such money now I think my mentality to not spending money on gatcha games has become so ingrained I'd probably still talk myself out of it.

This this this this this times a million. Exactly what I've been saying since day 1, and I had a similar situation where Noctis was my first 5* and was so hype because of it. F2P can't expect anything, and usually get nothing, but when it does happen... so good.

Though of course thank you to all the people that do spend to let me freeload!

This this this this this times a million. Exactly what I've been saying since day 1, and I had a similar situation where Noctis was my first 5* and was so hype because of it. F2P can't expect anything, and usually get nothing, but when it does happen... so good.

Though of course thank you to all the people that do spend to let me freeload!

So much wisdom! And I knew this is how it would all end when I dropped that money and while I got some units that will be worthwhile and some TMs out of it, I couldn't help but chase rainbows. Waiting for player's choice was my initial plan to just unload the majority but I'm now down to 4 pulls! I screwed myself and came at it wrong. And the fact that you guys are F2p and both have Noctis is a testament to being patient!

So yea, it's time to reflect back on it all.

Muku

Do note that even being patient won't neccessarily yield you want or need. It's basically praying to RNGesus you get something.

Celegus

I'm just noting that so hopes aren't too high. And it's more like gatcha mobile games shit. I seem to have fun and not have these kind of issues in regular games.

This kind of thing seems to be creeping into a lot of other games, for better or worse (probably worse). Speaking of regular games, finished Dragon Quest Builders so I'm onto Tokyo Mirage Sessions and it's soooo good.

Do note that even being patient won't neccessarily yield you want or need. It's basically praying to RNGesus you get something.
Yea true, I guess what I meant about being patient is playing the game at my own pace and not getting swept into the mindset that I need to have the newest shiny unit.

RNG fucks us all most of the time anyway.

Lyrian

I'm 3 trophies away from Exceed Rings. Not that I'll ever make one but I would like the recipe anyways. Forger of Bonds (friend points) and Heavy Hitter (arena points) will happen over time. Trophy 70 is the difficult one. I've either got to summon an esper 10,000 times or go back to the Colosseum. Both do not sound appealing lol.

I could farm my 4 auto limit tms (1 CoD + 3 Jack) and do it that way with Garnet. Would mean I would only need to spend 1 NRG and could do it in between tm farming sessions.

Is anyone else close to 70 and if so what Trophies are going after to close it out?

At 69 trophies here. The two you mentioned were also my #68 and 69 trophies.

And, yup, been starting at either Gold esper summoning or Gold Colosseum for awhile now. Close enough that I could really make a push for either of them, but not really feeling horribly compelled to finish off either of them.

10k espers is only a thing for me because I've been working in espers in my battles as much as possible since Day 1. Otherwise, this would look like an nearly impossible hill to climb.

Same with Colosseum. Hit that hard every day until the Arena came out. Sadly, if I was in the beta phase, I would have had the 300k points already with the extra month's time. Hard to devote orbs to it, outside of dailies and a few here and there now that I'm only chasing top 30k each week/month.

Still, at the glacial pace each once is advancing at, I'll probably finish the 10k esper summoning (~1200 more to go) before 300k Colosseum points (~40k to go).

tuffymon

I feel like instead of chasing rainbows, you're better off just Tm farming. Slowly raising rank for more energy and higher efficiency, and obviously awesome gear/abilities for QoL (not to mention $$ by selling all the mats). Although, nothing will ever replace that rainbow feeling.

If we did another hey look at my list of Tm's like we did around Christmas... I'd have to genuinely stop and scroll through everything... The amount I had then, vs now is quite large.

Lyrian

This kind of thing seems to be creeping into a lot of other games, for better or worse (probably worse). Speaking of regular games, finished Dragon Quest Builders so I'm onto Tokyo Mirage Sessions and it's soooo good.

Yup, mobile gacha stuff seeping into console/pc games is increasing daily. So annoying.

Besides allowing myself to have BoTW guilty pleasures over the last week, I took two days to play through Blaster Master Zero. Great nostalgia there, with only a few minor nitpicks about it.

Think I'm going to just work on my DW TMs for a few days and let Greg be until they are done. Don't feel like going through another 45+ minute fight again anytime soon.

Muku

Yea true, I guess what I meant about being patient is playing the game at my own pace and not getting swept into the mindset that I need to have the newest shiny unit.

RNG fucks us all most of the time anyway.

Yeah, it's easy to get swept up. I think a bit moreso if your group isn't all that hot. :( The shiny...

Maybe it depends on what you play? Right now playing BotW and loving it. Haven't loved playing a Zelda game in ages.

Lyrian

So much wisdom! And I knew this is how it would all end when I dropped that money and while I got some units that will be worthwhile and some TMs out of it, I couldn't help but chase rainbows. Waiting for player's choice was my initial plan to just unload the majority but I'm now down to 4 pulls! I screwed myself and came at it wrong. And the fact that you guys are F2p and both have Noctis is a testament to being patient!

So yea, it's time to reflect back on it all.

Eventually, through sheer attrition, F2P'ers will get **mostly** everything that isn't a 5* base or a limited unit.

Still, patience is tough at times. Took me over 200 days to draw my first Zidane (and now I have 4 of him, ROFL). Chizuru was even worse, and I still haven't pulled a Miyaki. Rumor has it there is even a mythical cursed 3* unit that everyone hates that I haven't pulled in 257 days and counting either...

tuffymon

Maybe it depends on what you play? Right now playing BotW and loving it. Haven't loved playing a Zelda game in ages.

I feel like, I'm pretty good at games, but playing BotW... I don't know if I died that much in a Souls game... just tons of exploring and watching the various ways I get waxed... Course some of them I do on purpose like the first time a thunderstorm happened >.>;

Lyrian

YRight now playing BotW and loving it. Haven't loved playing a Zelda game in ages.

Ditto. BotW scratches all the right items for me personally.

Starting out so pathetically weak and slowly building strength to clear all the content that had to be skipped early on. Finally feeling confident enough that I'm even with the mid-tier stuff now in terms of power. Took down my first Hinox today. Feels so good. Lynels still suck though, lol.

tuffymon

Starting out so pathetically weak and slowly building strength to clear all the content that had to be skipped early on. Finally feeling confident enough that I'm even with the mid-tier stuff now in terms of power. Took down my first Hinox today. Feels so good. Lynels still suck though, lol.

Don't forget that weak or not you can still challenge stuff you shouldn't do... I went north from the start and died a bunch getting that map tower, than finding a dungeon nearby that yielded a 50 damage weapon (that im too scared to even use)...

Man I'll be honest it's probably my least favorite Zelda ever. It just doesn't feel like a Zelda game. I've never been all that keen on open worlds so that is probably why, but then I love Horizon and Witcher 3. Every time I try to play I play for about 10 minutes then get bored and go to something else. Hoping it clicks eventually.

Celegus

Jealous of all these Switch owners! I'll definitely pick it up at some point, Zelda looks fantastic! Also just saw the Zelda concert series is touring again, definitely going to the Pittsburgh show! I've seen the FF concert Distant Worlds twice and loooooved it.

Soluna Ring #1 finished tonight, so now my pitiful party is:
Emperor 33%
Ramza 30%
Cupid Luna #2 11%
Shine 7%
Vanille 0%

I'll probably do machine killer next since my Edgar is already at 30%

robotuw

As someone with a pretty well-TM'd Refia and a max-potted Tilith waiting in the background, how interested in Yshtola should I be?

I've seen exactly one Nimbus, and I accidentally brought my TM party into the event exactly one time. Guess which time it was.
So, you were able to beat the level with your TM team but didn't have anyone with Steal to benefit from Nimbus's appearance?

My TM team is full of weaklings so the 5 or so times I've accidentally went in with them I couldn't even get past the first stage. RIP NRG :/

Muku

I feel like, I'm pretty good at games, but playing BotW... I don't know if I died that much in a Souls game... just tons of exploring and watching the various ways I get waxed... Course some of them I do on purpose like the first time a thunderstorm happened >.>;

Haha. Well, they did warn us saying you'd die a lot. I died I dunno how many times this afternoon. But you know what? It didn't even bother me. I mean, there on was one point I moved on from a dumb area to a new one (didn't save... that was my failling, because no auto save triggered either) that I had to do again. Took a while but got it done. I think they make death in this game not as horrible as it could be. And maybe it harkens back enough to the NES days that I'm used to it. x_x

Some of my deaths are pretty stupid. This afternoon I was like herpy derp fighting this one guy... but I was near a cliff edge. Yeah... that didn't go over too well.

Right now think I'm going to be exploring world and opening maps. Alice (my horse) and I will wreck havoc on Ganon and his minons along the way.
I named my horse after the crazy chick in Luther.

Man I'll be honest it's probably my least favorite Zelda ever. It just doesn't feel like a Zelda game. I've never been all that keen on open worlds so that is probably why, but then I love Horizon and Witcher 3. Every time I try to play I play for about 10 minutes then get bored and go to something else. Hoping it clicks eventually.

D: Maybe that's why I'm enjoying it. It took aspect from OoT I really liked (a world to run around in) and made it kind of like Xenoblade. Just explore, but within your limits. I loved the hell out of Xenoblade's world too. Hoping 2 is as awesome.

Not going to lie though. Love playing Zelda with Joycons. I would lay back and play Xenoblade just lying around with my heads behind my head. Playing Zelda like this is just too good.

Lyrian

Don't open world it then. Treat it just like a normal Zelda, at least through the first main dungeon. Just follow the roads straight down the main quest to Impa and then along to the first dungeon to the far east of where she is. By the time you finish the first dungeon, you'll be strong enough that you can pretty much do what you want (with reason and avoiding end-game areas).

Jealous of all these Switch owners! I'll definitely pick it up at some point, Zelda looks fantastic!

Wii U here. Wasn't worth a ~$400 buy-in for a Switch when I could play Zelda for $60. Perfectly happy with my decision. And I practically **never** pay full price for a game, period; very rare exception here that was worth it.

Lyrian

i've been running dangerously low on tickets lately, i miss those holiday ticket bundles.......

Ever since that very sweet January, the game has been significantly more stingy with ticket payouts. I was afraid this was going to happen with the gacha change. In exchange for better odds at a decent unit (no trolls), less free pulls are being handed out.

Hopefully, Gumi will be generous again with the server-wide payouts for the upcoming raids like it did the first time.

Celegus

As someone with a pretty well-TM'd Refia and a max-potted Tilith waiting in the background, how interested in Yshtola should I be?
Same situation here. I'll get her just to have her for sure, but doubt she'll see much use.
So, you were able to beat the level with your TM team but didn't have anyone with Steal to benefit from Nimbus's appearance?

My TM team is full of weaklings so the 5 or so times I've accidentally went in with them I couldn't even get past the first stage. RIP NRG :/

Thankfully I was working on Ring of the Lucii at the time, so Noctis can solo ELT quite easily. My current group would have some issues though.
Wii U here. Wasn't worth a ~$400 buy-in for a Switch when I could play Zelda for $60. Perfectly happy with my decision. And I practically **never** pay full price for a game, period; very rare exception here that was worth it.

Kinda forgot it even came out on Wii U haha. I don't mind waiting for the "better" version or are they pretty identical? Playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions right now, but Persona 5 so soon and that's one thing I'll buy day one, which is also a rarity for me. But gosh dangit Persona 4 is just about the best game ever made. So much I want to play!

Shouta

If you want a healer that can also provide a bit of offensive back-up, then Y'shtola is pretty great. She also has a damage reduction LB that can be super good until it becomes more common.

Y'shtola is gonna be free anyway, so just gotta do the raid and hope she pops out of the free raid gacha.

robotuw

If you want a healer that can also provide a bit of offensive back-up, then Y'shtola is pretty great. She also has a damage reduction LB that can be super good until it becomes more common.

Y'shtola is gonna be free anyway, so just gotta do the raid and hope she pops out of the free raid gacha.

Oh I'll definitely do the raid and hope to get her, I'm just wary of spending lapis if I don't get her naturally.

You don't spend lapis to get her. She's offered only through the raid gacha which is totally free. Well, technically, I guess you can spend Lapis to refill Raid orbs but eh.

You'll get at least 1. I got 20+, enough to get her TM, lol.

Refreshes is what I meant. I guess I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get her, but it sounds like pretty easy. Though knowing Gumi, it'll be harder than JP.

Shouta

Oh I'll definitely do the raid and hope to get her, I'm just wary of spending lapis if I don't get her naturally.

You don't spend lapis to get her. She's offered only through the raid gacha which is totally free. Well, technically, I guess you can spend Lapis to refill Raid orbs but eh.

You'll get at least 1. I got 20+, enough to get her TM, lol.

KeRaSh

Beat Gilgamesh yesterday. In the end with a little patience and planning ahead it wasn't too difficult but I'm not sure I want to go after the missions just yet.

kaitain19

Who's the better tank, Cecil or Warrior of Light?

How good is Exdeath? I'm considering adding him to my team since my Dark Fina's level is maxed out and I don't have enough materials to awaken her.

Rixa

Who's the better tank, Cecil or Warrior of Light?

How good is Exdeath? I'm considering adding him to my team since my Dark Fina's level is maxed out and I don't have enough materials to awaken her.

As for today: Cecil.
WoL is max 5*
Cecil is max 6*

As for "near" future: Depends roles & party.
WoL wil soonl get 6*

Iam going to max level WoL too when he get 6*.

If you don't have materials to awaken DFina, do you have materials to awaken Exdeath?
Both are great mages when they are 6*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom