• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

For one daily summon you get 2.5 times recharge for nrg.
To me its 270 nrg which obviously is around 2.7% tm per unit

= Don't do pulls thinking about moogles.

RedZaraki

Banned
Innate dualcast
Aeroga and stonga (yay Gilgamesh!)
Holy
Raise
Esuna
Curaja
Protectga
Shellga

Auto refresh
-50% target chance
+200% mag/-100% spr for 2 turns yo herself
100% heal to a unit (cant be dualcasted)

Can equip black White and Green Magic

And the best one: her lb is damage mitigation for 1 turn (just like Golem)

Yshtola outclasses refia

Eh. No FullLife though.

If Refia has DC TMR she's way better.

Alkez

Damn, still no use for Ultima. What a mistake it was to do it from 0 to 100% 8 months ago :D.

I actually need Ultima. Because of all the evasion in the arena I'm turning my CoD into a mage lol. Ultima will guarantee 999 on any unit, and CoD is bulkier than an actual mage. Same reason I use Ramza.

Rixa

I actually need Ultima. Because of all the evasion in the arena I'm turning my CoD into a mage lol. Ultima will guarantee 999 on any unit, and CoD is bulkier than an actual mage. Same reason I use Ramza.

Yeah. If I need to cast spells in Arena. Those spells definitely are something else than dual casted Meteor or Ultima. I try to keep Arena fights as fast as possible and waste my 5 daily fights as little time as possible.

Dual casting Ultima is slow as hell :p.

bonkeng

Eh. No FullLife though.

Not necessarily. Yshtola has 1 ability that is very important in long fights. Auto Refresh. This will prove invaluable specially to f2p that have limited TMs.

I think Refia with DC is about as good as Yshtola. With minor pros and cons.

video of Ifrit fight+gacha pulls from JP version if anyone is interested

Curious how this will go for GL since JP had WoL 6*, Tidus and Orlandu out for raid event.

I'm fairly confident GL will handle this pretty easily.

I mean, look at Greg's Trial. Orlandu and WoL were also released in JP during that time. But some GL players still managed to beat Greg pretty easily. Some are even one-turning it with 2 Olives.

We may not have 6* WoL, Orlandu or Tidus yet, but remember we have Noctis, Olive, Ling, WKN and Yun right now.

Valentus

Eh. No FullLife though.

Just for full Life? Well, if you feel more confortable with full Life its totally valid to prefer refia.

Also, dualcast is a materia slot that yshtola has free for innate dualcast.

P.D: forgot to mention that yshtola can equip shields and refia not.

bonkeng

Just for full Life? Well, if you feel more confortable with full Life its totally valid to prefer refia.

Also, dualcast is a materia slot that yshtola has free for innate dualcast.

P.D: forgot to mention that yshtola can equip shields and refia not.

Lol I know why you're so excited on Yshtola. She'll make your f2p video much much easier and manageable. Since there's no reason anyone won't be able to get her.

Rixa

This reminds me that I need to do Soluna Ring for Refia :p.

Melody of Life
Dual Cast
Soluna Ring
Camouflage

Yeah.

Valentus

Lol I know why you're so excited on Yshtola. She'll make your f2p video much much easier and manageable. Since there's no reason anyone won't be able to get her.

I have a dilemma there... Because yshtola is a base 5 and i want to clear content with no base 5... But yshtola is a free unit So i dont know if i should use her or not.

And the same applies for thancred TM, because its from a free unit i should use the like 40 thancred TM i Will get or not.

Melody of Life
Dual Cast
Soluna Ring
Camouflage

Yeah.

Yshtola also has inmate 50% target decrease :p

YAS QUEEN

Yeah, spending some lapis on arena refills so I can get pots to max Yshtola. She'll be replacing Refia as soon as I get her. Full rez is irrelevant, I have noct for full and Ling for the aoe rez. What will suck is not having Embolden but I will live. Cecil will get Refia's Dual Cast.

bonkeng

I have a dilemma there... Because yshtola is a base 5 and i want to clear content with no base 5... But yshtola is a free unit So i dont know if i should use her or not.

And the same applies for thancred TM, because its from a free unit i should use the like 40 thancred TM i Will get or not.

Yshtola also has inmate 50% target decrease :p

YAS QUEEN

I think it's fair game to use Yshtola. She's more like a 4* tier anyway. Only reason she's a 5* is because she's free. 6* Tilith is still way better than her.

And compare Yshtola with Ayaka and then we'll see how a real 5* healer is capable of.

Rixa

For me Embolden is irrelevant. I don't like the cost of it nor that it can't be part of Dual Cast. Thus quite often only times to cast it are in the start of long fight and then it just feels like wasting my MP.

I didn't use Embolden in Gilgy trial (not even at first turn). Cause I tried to build up Golem ready for 80 Threshold, with Embolden it would be too soon (it was too soon without it too :D).

I see on Reddit I'm not the only one who's been constantly pulling Shera's, goddamnit GUMI I just wanted another Bartz, I didn't even get trolled with another Exdeath.

Valentus

I think it's fair game to use Yshtola. She's more like a 4* tier anyway. Only reason she's a 5* is because she's free. 6* Tilith is still way better than her.

And compare Yshtola with Ayaka and then we'll see how a real 5* healer is capable of.

I know that in jp the better healers are tilith, ayaka and rem, but yshtola definitely is not in 4star tier. She has legit 5 star skillset and usefulness.

c-murph

Melody of Life
Dual Cast
Soluna Ring
Camouflage

Yeah.

Yeah, working on Tilith equips now.

I have Equip Shield, camouflage, Magi Staff.
Working on two Soluna Rings, Aegis Shield, Mateus Rod, and Cat Hat. Probably should also work on a Mentality or Deep Thoughts ability of sorts too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Damn, Raid and Players choice.

Know what that means? We're at the hump boys. Following two months should be all the banners we're waiting for. Eileen, Orlandu, Tidus(Unless they push him back to X).

I'd still say Refia is better than Yoshi, but it also could depend on the boss. Something like Giglamesh, Refia would be much better. Since she can full rez and heal the same turn. Freeing up other units. Relying on Noctis to rez while damage would be terrible. But for a no death run for future ones, not supposed to use Rez anyways, where the full heal + group heal would be ideal.

Actually nevermind Refia is gonna get benched. I just thought about it and Y'shtola even though she doesn't have Full Raise could just dual cast raise, and then a curaja. Looks like Cat Ear girl is in afterall.....at least until Refia Enhancements or Tilith 6*.

Alkez

Y'shtola will fit nicely in the arena team I'm building. I've been wanting an offence white mage so they could actually do something on their first turn.

Will be sticking with Refia in my "main" team. I like Embolden personally.

Xion86

Been away the last couple of days, but managed to use up my NRG bar and Orbs when I could. Caught up with the last few pages here too. Nice to see I have another chance at getting Gilgamesh.

Guess what today's Daily pull was? That's right, another Shera.

Oh and Valentus, I've not heard about the method of increasing LB you mentioned earlier, that's really interesting and might try it out sometime hmm. Spent months getting Cecil's LB to 24/25 with only Burst Pots :p.

across

Damn, Raid and Players choice.

Know what that means? We're at the hump boys. Following two months should be all the banners we're waiting for. Eileen, Orlandu, Tidus(Unless they push him back to X).

I wasn't expecting the two to run concurrently for some reason, but since the Raid banner is separate, it makes sense. Good to know for future raids.

Really skeptical of the value of the PC banner for anyone but a fresh player or a player who has only pulled 0-1 Zidanes to date. Double the units, half the chance. I won't be taking the bait. This isn't even chasing rainbows, it's chasing rainbows at 0.5x speed.

edit: for those of us who pulled Randi, this raid should be a good time to pull him off of the bench. Ifrit is a Beast, so...

bonkeng

I know that in jp the better healers are tilith, ayaka and rem, but yshtola definitely is not in 4star tier. She has legit 5 star skillset and usefulness.

Some of her skills are 5* tier like auto refresh.

But my point is, she's not the normal 5* rare gacha unit that you need to spend 100+ Lapis pulls to get her.

By the end of this event, most likely 90+% of the player base will have her even though she's a 5* base. And I'm betting there will be more Yshtola than VLC Fina and Ling combined.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some of her skills are 5* tier like auto refresh.

But my point is, she's not the normal 5* rare gacha unit that you need to spend 100+ Lapis pulls to get her.

By the end of this event, most likely 90+% of the player base will have her even though she's a 5* base. And I'm betting there will be more Yshtola than VLC Fina and Ling combined.

Well, the only choices for a 6* healer are Refia and Yoshi. Unless the player played back in October and still relying on VLC or Dec and got SRosa. This is the best time to get that 6* Healer, because the upcoming ones are Tilith(Limited and on a shit banner with 2 other 4*) and Rem(5*)

Pachimari

So with the upcoming FFXIV weekend, I don't need any super high level units to obtain them? I just need coins to exchange them for the FFXIV units?

NomarTyme

I ain't pulling until they fix the Sherra bullshit. Happy about free healer. My coworker is really happy about it too. Can do the Gilgamesh trail now.

Pejo

Man, Minfilia's spritework is amazing. So much news this morning.

- I'm disappointed there's no Dark Fina on PC banner, won't be pulling on it at all.
- Why couldn't WoL have his 6*yet, or Y'sh have Embolden. Refia stays winning for now.
- Raid event rewards are pretty much "here be a mega whale or else you get 200 lapis" at a glance. Free is free though, I just hope I don't accidentally end up in the "1 free ticket" tier.
- Sacred Crystals on deal of the day. I always like to buy these just because of how big of a bottleneck they usually are.
- Thanks to my incredible luck on the Type-0 banner, I picked up both TM moogles. PoC almost done.
- When is Tidus banner? He and Rikku are my two most wanted units in the future. I know people are still waiting for Orlandu, but let's shake it up and do FFX now instead. >_>
- Still haven't attempted Gilgamesh trial yet, not sure what I'm waiting for, but still grinding away for misc. crap on the Type-0 event. I have my strategy planned out already though, going to try to go for 5 members/no items on a first run. Will probably fail.

bonkeng

Well, the only choices for a 6* healer are Refia and Yoshi. Unless the player played back in October and still relying on VLC or Dec and got SRosa. This is the best time to get that 6* Healer, because the upcoming ones are Tilith(Limited and on a shit banner with 2 other 4*) and Rem(5*)

Poor Luka, forgotten too soon.

Anyway, Yshtola is a great unit. Specially that she's free.

I was only replying to Val's dilemma on whether to use her on his f2p challenge guide or not. I pointed out that it shouldn't be a problem using her since most will get her in this event. There's little reason to intentionally omit Yshtola in a f2p team, but it's up to him to decide.

Lyrian

Kinda forgot it even came out on Wii U haha. I don't mind waiting for the "better" version or are they pretty identical?

Haven't checked the BotW gaming-side thread for awhile, but last I recalled, I believe the consensus was that the Wii U version was nerfed for feature parity with the Switch version (such as the disabling of gamepad features on Wii U, outside of off-tv playing). Only advantage Switch has is portability.

So glad I had today off. Found the Lost Woods, stuff happened, and next thing I know it's 4:30 am. ROFL. It's been forever since that has happened to me.

So.... FFBE related stuff,

Gumi's going all in on this one, aren't they?

-- Don't chase the 5* bases.... only thing that I **might** want is a 2nd Chiz copy to convince myself to move Blade Mastery up in the TM waiting list. Zidane is nice, but do you ever need more than 3 units with Dual Wield capabilities at a time (assuming tank and healer don't use them because of shields)?

Looking at the dates of the banners, I thought of something devious.

-- Raid is 2 weeks long.
-- Player's Choice is 1 week long.
-- This coming week is the Mog King cooldown week.
-- Which would mean that FF14 Week 2 would be the start of a new Mog King Event...
-- Which should be FFT Part 2...

Ifrit becoming too hard on Global? Well.... here's Orlandu!

Search your hearts... everyone here **knows** Gumi would absolutely do this after a PC banner.

Makes me not want to try to pull a Chiz on the PC banner at all. Maybe dailies at most.

Oh Orlandu is probably almost a guarantee after the PC banner, because they know people are going to chase after Noctis. I could also see them saying nah you still aren't ready for the Thunder so here is the last FF Type 0 event...have fun!

Celegus

Definitely curious how tough the hardest Ifrit will be. I think my Yun will tear him a new one, especially if I can chain with a friend Yun. I'll put mine up for Friday, should be 900+ atk with triple beast killer and high fire resist.

Yun and Firion should both do very well in this Raid I would imagine. Also Randi.

Actually I think I just figured out my 3 damage dealers.

Yun and Firion can both use the whip as well as werebusters so would it stack if you were to have one of them dual wield both weapons? Innate 2 weapons plus Ifrit could be 4 if the weapons stack.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
-- Raid is 2 weeks long.
-- Player's Choice is 1 week long.
-- This coming week is the Mog King cooldown week.
-- Which would mean that FF14 Week 2 would be the start of a new Mog King Event...
-- Which should be FFT Part 2...

I could see them slipping in another exploration or side banner first. I don't think Raid and Mog Kings typically overlap in general. We could possibly go PC -> Eileen -> Orlandu. That is technically the next Mog King Banner available. They could also switch Will and Eileen around, if they are worried about delaying it a bit more. And just keep Tidus on the X Banner only.

2nd: Even if we don't have the characters, I feel like our power curve is much further ahead than where JPN was with TMs. Anyone Macroing is sitting on a dozen or so TMs by now. Even without Orlandu and the buff to Giglamesh, the trial was still wrecked.

Poor Luka, forgotten too soon.

Anyway, Yshtola is a great unit. Specially that she's free.

I was only replying to Val's dilemma on whether to use her on his f2p challenge guide or not. I pointed out that it shouldn't be a problem using her since most will get her in this event. There's little reason to intentionally omit Yshtola in a f2p team, but it's up to him to decide.

I forgot about her. -_-

Muku

Hm. Only stuff worth anything in PC is Gilga and Noctis. Neither of which I will get. :(

Not that I need 3* or 4*'s right now really, but those are pretty lackluster. I guess best I can hope for on my shitty pulls on it will be Zidane just to finish second DW quicker.

Realizing that only thing good for alt will be Gilga and Noctis as well. x_x Yeah, that account is going to be beyond doomed.

bonkeng

Definitely curious how tough the hardest Ifrit will be. I think my Yun will tear him a new one, especially if I can chain with a friend Yun. I'll put mine up for Friday, should be 900+ atk with triple beast killer and high fire resist.

Ok I'll go along with you and put up my Yun as well. It's a bit hard to chain Yun though, as his frame is very short.

Yeah Yun and Randi are gonna make Ifrit a cakewalk I imagine

Suppose I should build up my Randi? I wanted to max his LB but I could just go get Bushido Freedom I suppose

Muku

Wait, is 3* Ifrit coming out?

Edit: Wait, is this the Raid? I have no damn idea whats in the raid.

Muku

If Yun does well against it, I can put Yun up as well on Friday. I'll probably end up jacking DW from CoD and giving it to him in mean time if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom