• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is? I just googled him v Cecil and found a lot of people saying WoL and Cecil rendered him pointless or something since WoL can block AoE and apparently Cecil can hit 100% provoke with some item. What I get for trusting a camera as search result lol

What's his advantage then? Just massive hp pool I'm guessing?

sure..
but wol > wilhelm with enhancements..
without, imho wilhelm is better...

they are tank of a different sort anyway..
wilhelm is not a break tank, whereas wol can use break every now and then..

it's the same concept of other team comp..
you already have a breaker, you want a backup breaker tank (wol) or a different type of tank (healer tank like cecil? buffer tank like wilhelm?)
depending on the situation you might want cecil's backup heal.. or wol backup raise//break.. or wilhelm backup buff..

it's the same with damage chars..
whereas some chainers are versatile in terms of element [though limited by an elemental imperil] like orlandu and aileen, other chainers are element locked..
are they worse? not necessarily, because based on the situation..

or with healers, even among the same tiers..
[TOP TIER] is it better to have a dc refia or an yshtola?
[GOD TIER] is it better to have a tilith or a rykku?

this game is all about choices, there is no "GOSUGOSUGOSU COMP", there are some units that gets the edge, but as the power creep get more pressing even "outstanding" units get less relevant until they are hit by their "buff" ..
e.g. Aileen is very good now, but until her enhancement she's just very good and not excellent...
ramza is a 40% buff while singing which is barely decent now as you get locked out of a char's action, but with the enhancement he becomes GODLY...
Ling conversely is VERY good now, but as more characters gets their enhancements or new character gets releaased she will shift more toward a middle of the pack ranking in the meta for content..

so don't get too fixated, while wishing for a specific unit is fine, there are a few 5* duds here and there, but if you get a full 5* team (with each role covered) it's rare that you end up with a crappy team, unless you get stuck with a full mage dmg dealer comp or a party of 3 lightning and 2 dkc.. if this last alternative is your situation, you have my condolenscence, anyone deserves better than that :!

Rixa

:)
Today's vault was a bit disappointing but I'll take it, with so much leveling to do.

I feel your pain, almost got Aileen maxed and then it's Rikku and Tillith to go...

You didnt get Support Crysts from 4/4 cactuars?

Screenshot_20170630-113244.png

Rixa

Wait WTF, only got Cactuar.

Those dropped from 4th floor (last) from 3 mini green cactuars (I think they were named "Cactuar"). I was wtf when I saw them and though yeah "Green" ones game is trolling. Then I thought everyone gets em. Then I saw wtf Support o_O

Kouriozan

Those dropped from 4th floor (last) from 3 mini green cactuars (I think they were named "Cactuar"). I was wtf when I saw them and though yeah "Green" ones game is trolling. Then I thought everyone gets em. Then I saw wtf Support o_O

it was shown on 2 different pages, first the cactuars THAN this... the last room had 3 normal cactaurs that dropped all those goodies...
Yep my 4th battle was 3 Gigantuars.
No crysts at all.

Also got crysts but didn't yesterday

sure..
but wol > wilhelm with enhancements..
without, imho wilhelm is better...

they are tank of a different sort anyway..
wilhelm is not a break tank, whereas wol can use break every now and then..

it's the same concept of other team comp..
you already have a breaker, you want a backup breaker tank (wol) or a different type of tank (healer tank like cecil? buffer tank like wilhelm?)
depending on the situation you might want cecil's backup heal.. or wol backup raise//break.. or wilhelm backup buff..

it's the same with damage chars..
whereas some chainers are versatile in terms of element [though limited by an elemental imperil] like orlandu and aileen, other chainers are element locked..
are they worse? not necessarily, because based on the situation..

or with healers, even among the same tiers..
[TOP TIER] is it better to have a dc refia or an yshtola?
[GOD TIER] is it better to have a tilith or a rykku?

this game is all about choices, there is no "GOSUGOSUGOSU COMP", there are some units that gets the edge, but as the power creep get more pressing even "outstanding" units get less relevant until they are hit by their "buff" ..
e.g. Aileen is very good now, but until her enhancement she's just very good and not excellent...
ramza is a 40% buff while singing which is barely decent now as you get locked out of a char's action, but with the enhancement he becomes GODLY...
Ling conversely is VERY good now, but as more characters gets their enhancements or new character gets releaased she will shift more toward a middle of the pack ranking in the meta for content..

so don't get too fixated, while wishing for a specific unit is fine, there are a few 5* duds here and there, but if you get a full 5* team (with each role covered) it's rare that you end up with a crappy team, unless you get stuck with a full mage dmg dealer comp or a party of 3 lightning and 2 dkc.. if this last alternative is your situation, you have my condolenscence, anyone deserves better than that :!

I'm definitely too used to the infinite power creep of the DB Gacha and still need to get used to characters actually having their own role.

Looking at it he's an awesome pull for what I have right now too. Gonna be a while to level him and see what he can really do but I'm gonna have to take a look through the wiki to see what builds he's going to fit into well. I'm guessing he's going to really pay off in the raids though.

Rixa

Also got crysts but didn't yesterday

I'm definitely too used to the infinite power creep of the DB Gacha and still need to get used to characters actually having their own role.

Looking at it he's an awesome pull for what I have right now too. Gonna be a while to level him and see what he can really do but I'm gonna have to take a look through the wiki to see what builds he's going to fit into well. I'm guessing he's going to really pay off in the raids though.

Word of advice. BEFORE awakening him to 6*. Try to raise his LB.

Capture%20(7).PNG

My Wilhelm (got him yesterday) is sitting at 5* 80/80 level and has 14/20 LB level. Ongoing raid has pts rewards few LB pots (Huge lb pot (5000 lb?) at 3.7m pts btw).

Xion86

Just looking at my Warrior of Ligh build....do you think it might be worth equipping him with a Staff of Wrath, Vestment of Mind and Shard of Genius for a big DEF/SPR boost? Or stick with a Gigantaxe for the HP boost?

tuffymon

Decided to goof off on the unit calculator and make a counter attacking Wilhelm...

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+DualWield w/Sword+Water
Left Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+DualWield w/Sword+Water
Head: Rider's Helm +28ATK+60DEF+100%Disease/Petrify
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: First Strike +5%Evasion +20%Counter
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 34 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 6728 MP: 257 ATK: 643 DEF: 439 MAG: 159 SPR: 215

60% counter natively and another 20% from the belt, although not sure if that makes it 80% or 72%, he'll have reasonable hp and also sports 35% evasion. Depending on how many attacks / hard are flying your way this could add up to some decent damage while just being focused.

Thoughts? (just bored at work >.>)

Rixa

Decided to goof off on the unit calculator and make a counter attacking Wilhelm...

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

60% counter natively and another 20% from the belt, although not sure if that makes it 80% or 72%, he'll have reasonable hp and also sports 35% evasion. Depending on how many attacks / hard are flying your way this could add up to some decent damage while just being focused.

1. What if you use Ass Vest. I know that you dont get the 25% DEF increase.

2. Change 2nd Bracer for Black Belt. (You prolly forgot to add it since youre talking about it).

3. Too bad Swordbreaker is Short Sword and cant be used with Aqua Blade without GenjiGlove

3.1 Abel Dagger + Swordbreaker build?

Lyrian

Dammit, should have read here and Reddit before attempting the vault today.

No crysts here either.

As the dungeon is RNG based, is it possible to Give Up if the bad 4th floor shows up and re-roll what is in the dungeon?

Rixa

Dammit, should have read here and Reddit before attempting the vault today.

No crysts here either.

As the dungeon is RNG based, is it possible to Give Up if the bad 4th floor shows up and re-roll what is in the dungeon?

Good point. Ill test this tomorrow when I read what one can get from it.

I had a feeling that expedition rewards would be different every week.

Those rewards are fantastic for 120 relics

Pumped

What are the rewards? Tm farming so no "access" to expeditions now :D

Kouriozan

Oh yeaaaah 1k lapis compensation.
Called it yesterday on Discord!
Back at 35k lapis, feels good :D

King HP and King Limit pot.

Anyone else just get a random 1000 lapis compensation? Guessing for the downtime yesterday.

Word of advice. BEFORE awakening him to 6*. Try to raise his LB.

Capture%20(7).PNG

My Wilhelm (got him yesterday) is sitting at 5* 80/80 level and has 14/20 LB level. Ongoing raid has pts rewards few LB pots (Huge lb pot (5000 lb?) at 3.7m pts btw).

Y'know I was actually wondering if it's faster when not awakened. I noticed yesterday raising Rikku was going much faster than my 6* seemed to be.

King burst pot and king tough pot for 120 relics... you MAY want to get on that...

In other news, I am incredibly jealous of those of you who got the support cryst vault instead of the trash only metal cactaurs vault (like me)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You all luck.

I got 3 x 3 Cacturs and one round of Mega.

They didn't even give me the dignity of looking before fucking!

Lyrian

Expedition rewards reset, and the rewards changed.

4* Tough Pot --> 100 Lapis --> 3* Ticket --> 5* Tough Pot PLUS 5* Burst Pot

But... as I feared, the expedition schedule is normalized to match the Arena cycle now, so there is one less day to earn those 160 relics.

It's going to be very tight from now on. If you didn't reach ~190-200 relics this week, you aren't pacing fast enough to hit the top prize without boosts. Those A/S missions are going to be very, very risky in terms of claiming the top prize from now on.

Kouriozan

I should be done with crafting equip and ability gold trophies pretty soon, so that'll be another 1k Lapis.
But Gumi can take all the time they want to release Onion Knight, I'm strong and can hoard for months.

Rixa

Oh yeaaaah 1k lapis compensation.
Called it yesterday on Discord!
Back at 35k lapis, feels good :D
King HP and King Limit pot.

King burst pot and king tough pot for 120 relics... you MAY want to get on that...

In other news, I am incredibly jealous of those of you who got the support cryst vault instead of the trash only metal cactaurs vault (like me)

Thanks \o/ I will :D

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Like this:

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 2: Black Belt +15DEF
Ability 1: First Strike +5%Evasion +20%Counter
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Golem HP:6400 MP:4330 ATK:3335 DEF:4860 MAG:1630 SPR:1630
Total Stats: HP: 6116 MP: 261 ATK: 522 DEF: 365 MAG: 155 SPR: 254

SB 5% Evade
ASSV 10% Evade
FS 5% Evade
3xQA 30% Evade

Inbuild counter 2x30%
BB 30% Counter
FS 20% Counter

=

50% Evade
110% Counter (could it be? Or how you count that inbuild).

Guard Every fucking turn when needed for:
Overcaution Heal (340 HP, 8x) when guarding

Maybe I should do Bowie Knife and buy BB.

Rixa

WTF. I can no longer do 1k summon for the raid. Every time I choose the 1k summon, it just summons 1 at a time.

So you lose 1k coins and instead 10 summons you get 1 unit / item?
Nice bug :eek:
Iam fearing the day I need to summon all those +300k coins we get from raid :D

Alkez

Man the two days I haven't been able to play are the two days the game is stupidly messed up. Seriously what is going on over at Gumi?

I asked this over on Discord, but thought I'd ask here as well.

I've been looking over the chaining frames and whatnot, and it's actually hard to get a good chain together with my current units if I want Tidus in the mix. Outside of Setzer and Rikku, it doesn't look like he chains well with anyone else. Yun definitely kills the chain. If I switch over my gear to Rikku, I can actually make her a pretty respectable unit in terms of ATK power (~750), but I don't know if her best chaining skill would be impacted at all (Lightning Rod).

Right now I can reach a chain of ~36 using Setzer + Rikku + Tidus (Prismatic Flash, Lightning Rod, Quick Hit), but the damage output is mediocre at best. Any ideas on how to increase the damage?

Edit : I read that anyone can equip Mog Rise, sweet 20% HP!

Oh snap! If they don't fix that, it would be a beautiful thing for Tilith, especially if it stacks!

Visceir

Hope no one sleeps on 'Override' weapon from FFX event. Thanks to knuckle equip materia pretty much anyone can use it for increased LB gain.

Hope no one sleeps on 'Override' weapon from FFX event. Thanks to knuckle equip materia pretty much anyone can use it for increased LB gain.

I may have missed this as I've only got the devastator. Is it the one with the butterflies on ELT? I think I missed a butterfly on my first run.

RedZaraki

Banned
My two big issues at the moment:

1) I bought the anniversary bundle yesterday morning and still have not received ANY EX points for it. This was while servers were busy. I know others that purchased the bundle DID receive EX points. I've restarted the app and open and closed the shop multiple times. No help. I've put in a ticket for this yesterday to Gumi but have not heard back yet.

2) I ran the Vault of Treasure this morning and received a grand total of about 6 Metal Cactuals and 3 Metal Gigantaurs. THAT'S IT. No Crysts or anything else. That seems borked.

I asked this over on Discord, but thought I'd ask here as well.

I've been looking over the chaining frames and whatnot, and it's actually hard to get a good chain together with my current units if I want Tidus in the mix. Outside of Setzer and Rikku, it doesn't look like he chains well with anyone else. Yun definitely kills the chain. If I switch over my gear to Rikku, I can actually make her a pretty respectable unit in terms of ATK power (~750), but I don't know if her best chaining skill would be impacted at all (Lightning Rod).

Right now I can reach a chain of ~36 using Setzer + Rikku + Tidus (Prismatic Flash, Lightning Rod, Quick Hit), but the damage output is mediocre at best. Any ideas on how to increase the damage?

Oh snap! If they don't fix that, it would be a beautiful thing for Tilith, especially if it stacks!

I can get Tidus to chain with 1/2 of Chizuru's chain attack. Not optimal but it works about four frames lag, I go through another character after starting chiz's to time it right. Nothing repeat works though

tuffymon

Thanks \o/ I will :D

Like this:

SB 5% Evade
ASSV 10% Evade
FS 5% Evade
3xQA 30% Evade

Inbuild counter 2x30%
BB 30% Counter
FS 20% Counter

=

50% Evade
110% Counter (could it be? Or how you count that inbuild).

Not sure if it's additive (110%)

or multiplicative ( 60% + 18% > 78% + 15.6% or 12%, not sure if it goes off the new number or the base, so it could be 94% or 90%)
which any such case is mean really...

Guard Every fucking turn when needed for:

Maybe I should do Bowie Knife and buy BB.

didn't think of the knife, gives him null over water and another 5% to boot... an interesting setup really... and still managing over 6k hp too

Xion86

My two big issues at the moment:

1) I bought the anniversary bundle yesterday morning and still have not received ANY EX points for it. This was while servers were busy. I know others that purchased the bundle DID receive EX points. I've restarted the app and open and closed the shop multiple times. No help. I've put in a ticket for this yesterday to Gumi but have not heard back yet.

2) I ran the Vault of Treasure this morning and received a grand total of about 6 Metal Cactuals and 3 Metal Gigantaurs. THAT'S IT. No Crysts or anything else. That seems borked.

Same here with both points (but didn't raise any ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom