• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

If someone still hasnt defeated the dark espers, my tidus can solo them.

Just defend the first 5 turns (when dark debuff is active) and after that hit auto.

Come back after 4 hours to claim rewards

Rixa

didn't think of the knife, gives him null over water and another 5% to boot... an interesting setup really... and still managing over 6k hp too

Yeah thanks. I will build that. Add few Abels and 3 Gaffgarions to next TM round. I don't have Bracer.

RedZaraki

Banned
I believe counterattack only gives like 15% ~ish more raid coins than ELT. And ELT is trivial honestly. He never attacks you just snorts people occasionally.

Because the raid rewards themselves are pretty bleh and summoning is annoying at 1k apiece, I'm farming ELT. It's easy.

Put up my Orlandeau. I'm Exellus, Orlandeau is 961 ATK with a Spirit Slayer Materia on. With another Orlandeau, a defense break, and an ATK buff they can one-round ELT consistently.

Alkez

I find the wording in BE to be weird sometimes. I was testing Rikku. Synthesis says it last 3 turns, so if you use it on turn 1 it last from turns 2 - 4. Hyper NullAll says it lasts 3 turns, but if you use it on turn 2 it lasts from turns 2 - 4. I understand why this and it makes sense, but it definitely could be worded better.

Kouriozan

Soon.

NUjpXsS.gif
xAxmJy2.gif
9V9LOnK.gif
myPHfUu.gif
rtjhGs8.gif

Doctor_No

Notice that the daily banner summoning is missing, though you still have a daily free pull. I wish they kept both on.

Also, running exploration with two Yun + two Fohlen + charm bangle + Diablos quickens everything up, half the time I get zero encounters, others I get maybe 1, maybe 2 at most, even for large exploration maps

If there was an easy way to macro it I would even go after the Ring of Dominon.

Zalasta

I really wish I can choose which event banner to display on top of the vortex, the timer for the raid event is infinitely more helpful than the static ones, for some reason it was already replaced by the other event running concurrently after just 1 day.

SeanTSC

Expedition rewards reset, and the rewards changed.

4* Tough Pot --> 100 Lapis --> 3* Ticket --> 5* Tough Pot PLUS 5* Burst Pot

But... as I feared, the expedition schedule is normalized to match the Arena cycle now, so there is one less day to earn those 160 relics.

It's going to be very tight from now on. If you didn't reach ~190-200 relics this week, you aren't pacing fast enough to hit the top prize without boosts. Those A/S missions are going to be very, very risky in terms of claiming the top prize from now on.

Except it's 120 Relics now instead of 160. The sky is once again not falling.

Minus Balthier though :(

Yeah I don't see the big deal on relics 160 was pretty easy to hit even with a bunch of fails. The other thing is clearly the last reward is going to change every week and we know a couple of stat pots are worth 120 and a 5% moogle is 160. Doubt we get anything better than the moogle or worse than the pots. So 120-160 isn't bad.

across

Yeah. I failed something like 17 missions last week and tried for A/S rank missions and generally did everything just about as wrong as possible and still finished with 169. I used none of the Advance Tokens or Ancient coins.

Expeditions really aren't a big deal. Like.. at all? Assuming your unit roster is even a little deep and you check the game every 8 hours or so I can't imagine you failing the weekly requirements unless you actively try.

I'm so behind on all these keys, still missing some Earth ones. Is there a tracker somewhere?? drive spreadsheet or should I make my own?

Daily : Tellah. Jesus, I've gotten like 10 of him yesterday and today.

RedZaraki

Banned
Apparently playing in early morning = you don't get full rewards from anniversary stuff because things are still broken.

I want my crysts :(

Pejo

As I'm grinding through this Moogle raid, I'm thinking - This would have been so great with the Good King Moggle Mog theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

What a wasted opportunity.

Also, I like the free support crysts, but I was really hoping I'd finally see whatever the 5* cactuar looked like in today's limited anni dungeon.

As I'm grinding through this Moogle raid, I'm thinking - This would have been so great with the Good King Moggle Mog theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

What a wasted opportunity.

Also, I like the free support crysts, but I was really hoping I'd finally see whatever the 5* cactuar looked like in today's limited anni dungeon.

Does that even exist?

My vault today was 3 of each metal cactuar minus mini's and then the Cryst cactuars. I would be beyond pissed if some people got that and others just got the metal cactuars. This kind of thing shouldn't have any form of randomness to it so perhaps it's a bug. Who knows.

tuffymon

I did my dungeon 32min after day change.

So weird, I did mine 10~ min later and got everything too... according to Reddit, there was 2 main give outs (pretty much either with or without the crysts), and a third one had the last room 3 metal cactuars (i dont recall which rarity)

Pejo

Does that even exist?

No idea, but the way the stage was playing out with each fight having the next level of cactaur, I thought I might see it.

If it doesn't exist yet, there's definitely room for it, similar to King stat pots. The "rainbow" tier of cactuar.

Was just looking through my chars and noticed I still only have one Zidane on global despite dupes of so many other blues, meanwhile on JPN literally the only dupe I have is Zidane. At this point I'd be equally happy to get another on global as I would a rainbow.

But it never really occurred to me until now. What happened to cause poor Zidane to be relegated to a 3* base? I'm expecting Squall to be a 5* and Terra at least got TT. Reckon there's a trance Zidane one day or is he perma sidelined.

Was just looking through my chars and noticed I still only have one Zidane on global despite dupes of so many other blues, meanwhile on JPN literally the only dupe I have is Zidane. At this point I'd be equally happy to get another on global as I would a rainbow.

But it never really occurred to me until now. What happened to cause poor Zidane to be relegated to a 3* base? I'm expecting Squall to be a 5* and Terra at least got TT. Reckon there's a trance Zidane one day or is he perma sidelined.

Zidane got a 6* at some point, but I don't think he is still very good as a unit. No Trance Zidane yet, but they still haven't released Quina as a unit (No blue mages yet) so maybe when he/she comes they will bring a Trance Zidane and Kuja or something. We will get Dual Wield as a Mog King reward at some point though.

I feel like the Raid coin rewards are so bad I'm not going to bother pulling with them. I'll still run the Raid to get the other stuff though.

This one is definitely a step down from the last one. I have used like 15-20k just to see what I get, and I mostly get for units mini cactuars and mini gil snappers. YAY?!

Rixa

So weird, I did mine 10~ min later and got everything too... according to Reddit, there was 2 main give outs (pretty much either with or without the crysts), and a third one had the last room 3 metal cactuars (i dont recall which rarity)

Btw I was toying more with unit calculator. This setup is what I can make after my tm team is finished. Also exactly same equipment with WoL (he can use Axe so 15% HP).

Wilhelm 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Survival Edges +32ATK+10%HP+Wind Element
Left Hand: Hero's Shield +48DEF+20%AllEleResistance
Head: Grand Helm +45DEF+100%Sleep/Silence/Confuse+20%DEF with Heavy Armor
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Accessory 2: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
Ability 1: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 2: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 3: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 34 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Golem HP:6400 MP:4330 ATK:3335 DEF:4860 MAG:1630 SPR:1630
Total Stats: HP: 10081 MP: 261 ATK: 322 DEF: 611 MAG: 155 SPR: 238

vs

Warrior of Light 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Survival Edges +32ATK+10%HP+Wind Element
Left Hand: Hero's Shield +48DEF+20%AllEleResistance
Head: Grand Helm +45DEF+100%Sleep/Silence/Confuse+20%DEF with Heavy Armor
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Accessory 2: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
Ability 1: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 2: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 3: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Golem HP:6400 MP:4330 ATK:3335 DEF:4860 MAG:1630 SPR:1630
Total Stats: HP: 9659 MP: 273 ATK: 321 DEF: 469 MAG: 172 SPR: 199

Wil: Total Stats: HP: 10081 MP: 261 ATK: 322 DEF: 611 MAG: 155 SPR: 238
Wol: Total Stats: HP: 9659 MP: 273 ATK: 321 DEF: 469 MAG: 172 SPR: 199

Both units do have shitton of HP, "real" difference is the DEF. Obviously different skill & trait setup too.

evangd007

Pulls:

Daily - Wakka
Tickets - Leon
Wakka
Lani
Sabin
Kain
Vaan

Yeah, I'm not going to the continue to "best" of launch tour. Done for today.

So, the Emperor I got from my 5* guaranteed... is there anything I can do with him other than wait for enhancements?

RedZaraki

Banned
If one was out of Metal Cactuars from Mog King and in general, the current fastest way to level units is Vortex of Desires, correct?

....man that stinks.

If one was out of Metal Cactuars from Mog King and in general, the current fastest way to level units is Vortex of Desires, correct?

....man that stinks.

INT Dark Espers is better

10 NRG for 60K XP

though there might be an even better method

60K Xp also gets boosted but EXP egg or anniversary ring

Zidane got a 6* at some point, but I don't think he is still very good as a unit. No Trance Zidane yet, but they still haven't released Quina as a unit (No blue mages yet) so maybe when he/she comes they will bring a Trance Zidane and Kuja or something. We will get Dual Wield as a Mog King reward at some point though.

Oh that's a good point with Quina and the blue mages. It does seem odd having a protag be so weak, but then again base Terra suffers the same issue and the game she's from has one hell of a rep. At least there's Beatrix. If anyone needed a 5* base from 9 it's that badass XD. Still jelly you have her lol. Need to cross my fingers for her on GLB one day.

Dual Wield as Mog King reward is going to be real nice though as it's almost essential to a good DPS build and honestly I could probably fit in 3 per team without it feeling like a waste. Grinding them all out the long way would be arduous. Hopefully those sorts of rewards aren't too far off.

My two big issues at the moment:

1) I bought the anniversary bundle yesterday morning and still have not received ANY EX points for it. This was while servers were busy. I know others that purchased the bundle DID receive EX points. I've restarted the app and open and closed the shop multiple times. No help. I've put in a ticket for this yesterday to Gumi but have not heard back yet.

2) I ran the Vault of Treasure this morning and received a grand total of about 6 Metal Cactuals and 3 Metal Gigantaurs. THAT'S IT. No Crysts or anything else. That seems borked.

Same with me regarding the bundle and Ex points. I submitted a ticket yesterday. No response yet.

It appears they fixed this and just sent in mail my Ex point rewards.

Lyrian

Holy reading comprehension fail, Batman. You are correct. That's what I get for trying to analyze something at 7 am. 120 is quite doable.

Mornings are not my specialty.

Shouta

New Trial in JP, the Iron Colossus, is rough. Damage dealing isn't a huge issue. My Sage Sakura with 1031~ MAG does a ton of damage to the boss after she gets ramped up. Several million a turn, in fact.

The big issue with the trial comes from survival. The thing hits HARD. When I mean hard, it's the hardest hitting boss yet. How hard? He does 2500~ per normal attack to WoL while he's using The Light is with Us. Yeah... He also casts a meteor every turn that does crazy damage turn without proper buffs/debuffs. I got him very low, about 15%~ but then he reamed me and I couldn't raise everyone and keep from dying to his attacks. =(

pezzie

Since yesterday, I've done around 65 pulls, over 40 of them on banner, with 3 of them being guaranteed 4 star tickets.

No Rikku.

WTF game.

Kitoro

In desperate need of a great healer, I pulled feverishly with all my free resources in the Brave Frontier banner for Tilith, and despite getting 10+ yellow crystals, I came up dry.

Of course, day one into the FFX banner, I immediately pull a Rikku who is apparently equally amazing, but sadly, she can't be my only support, right?

Right now I use:

Wilhelm
Luneth
Elza
Olive
Luka

Rikku and Lightning on the bench. Rikku can't replace Luka, right? Should she or Lightning ideally replace anyone? Thanks!

Menchi

So I'm late to the punch but my 5* pull was DKC... That was pretty disappointing. He apparently gets good with enhancements? Is that godly good or just actually usable ha

On the bright side, I did second 11 pull and got a Rikku then 5 tickets and another Rikku. Any benefit to two?I'm saving my 11 ticket for the next 4 star chase.

Took down Mog King challenge too, pretty fun fight :)

Doctor_No

160 is easily doable, I got 220 that last week, but it requires a lot more attention. 120 can be achieved more casually.

The Adventure V materia takes 3,600 relics. If you're making 200 relics a week, it would take approximately 4 1/4 month to obtain;~5 1/4 months if you're making 160 relics a week, and a still reasonable ~7 months at 120 relics.

Given that the Adventure V materia is basically almost as strong as a Ring of Dominion (40% to all stats rather than 50%), that's a pretty solid reward. Many of us may get in time for the New Years.

eggydoo

What team and loadout are people bringing to Macalania Woods ELT to beat the boss?

Think I ran into the bug posted on the wiki where the elemental debuffs disappear so he is 100% buff all the time.........

What team and loadout are people bringing to Macalania Woods ELT to beat the boss?

Think I ran into the bug posted on the wiki where the elemental debuffs disappear so he is 100% buff all the time.........

Non elemental and Tillith. I've had the bug twice now and since he just doesn't take damage for crap that way you absolutely need to survive above all else. His attacks are rather survivable but you want a healer with high MP regen so she can spam it out for as long as you need. Well that's all that worked for me anyway. I'm hoping there's an easier way that I've missed.

Holy reading comprehension fail, Batman. You are correct. That's what I get for trying to analyze something at 7 am. 120 is quite doable.

Mornings are not my specialty.

Fwiw I managed to pull a Willhelm and think he was trash lol. That's what I get for grabbing the phone before the coffee.

Got my 3rd or 4th non-banner Ulrica as my daily while my wife pulled a Wilhelm, lol

If someone still hasnt defeated the dark espers, my tidus can solo them.

Just defend the first 5 turns (when dark debuff is active) and after that hit auto.

Come back after 4 hours to claim rewards

That sounds great - could I add you as a friend? 869,672,451 IGN: Zen.

(Anyone who'd like me as a friend, you can just go ahead and add me, please have GAF somewhere in your message so that I can prioritize you. My leader/best unit is a 571 MAG Rem, so not the best, but if you don't mind that, I'd be happy to have you!)

It doesnt give 60K for 10 NRG anymore?

Cuz that would be a Double nerf

Originaly it gave 120K

ADV
10 NRG 32,000 EXP

PRO
20 NRG 60,000 EXP

ELT
40 NRG 130,000 EXP

So with the anniversary ring on, it would still be ~40k EXP for 10 NRG, which is the quickest way to get EXP. Maybe not the most efficient given the return rates on some of the exploration maps, but definitely quickest.

across

So I'm late to the punch but my 5* pull was DKC... That was pretty disappointing. He apparently gets good with enhancements? Is that godly good or just actually usable ha

Enhancements give him:

- Skikkoku gains 20% ATK, 25% dark resist, and 9999 HP/turn.

- Dark Cannon becomes a 350% AoE with 50% Dark imperil.

- Soul Eater becomes a 750% attack with a 100% (!) Dark imperil attached, ergo a 1500% attack, at the cost of 60% of his HP. So if he has DW, he dies after the second hit. But if you time a heal to land inbetween hits...

I think the idea is that you use Soul Eater to close a Veritas of the Dark + Orlandeau/Agrias chain. If DV and O/A both have dark weapons equipped, you're getting a lengthy element chain which is benefitting from Soul Eater's massive debuff (at least the second wave? Or at least on the second turn?) and then you're closing it with a 750% single hit. Could probably do it with just Orlandeau+Agrias (or double Agrias) with dark weapons too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom