• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

The raid is shit because they forgot to update it to our meta. This was supposed to be the first raid ever, shitty by design, but we got two excellent raids much early and they kept their amazing rewards.

If they follow suit the next raid (XI) should also be shit because it also came earlier than the XIV ones :/

It's really shitty to know they bother to update the difficulty but not the rewards.

Well, can't argue with that.

That said, I'm raising an eyebrow over a potential Gumi "oops".

Just for curiosity's sake.... can anyone else check and verify that there is not a "1/1" limiter on Kelsus's banner?

Even though the banner clearly says MAX: 1, I don't see the limiting mechanism on the summon button....

across

The raid is shit because they forgot to update it to our meta. This was supposed to be the first raid ever, shitty by design, but we got two excellent raids much early and they kept their amazing rewards.

If they follow suit the next raid (XI) should also be shit because it also came earlier than the XIV ones :/

It's really shitty to know they bother to update the difficulty but not the rewards.

The raids in JP were released in the following order: Bahamut, Ifrit, FFXI, King Mog. It isn't hard to look this stuff up before you incorrectly cite it as the cause for something.

across

Let's talk about the raid though.

Only the top difficulty is actually threatening, but you gain as many rank points in ELT King Mog (which you can't fail unless your account is two days old) vs. ELT Titan or Ifrit. They also did not scale down the amount of rank EXP you gain from this despite being unable to fail. You can literally set up actions and go in to hit repeat and collect your rank points. This would not be true for anyone but the biggest whales in previous raids on ELT difficulty.

Compared to the previous raid's individual rewards - which are far easier to acquire due to ELT being sleepwalkable - we're getting twice as many 6* materials (10 of each, up from 5 - same with Bahamut), and a 4* summon ticket replaces the fourth normal ticket from the previous raid. We're 1% short of the Titan raid's TM rewards (21% there, 20% here, both up from 15% on Bahamut). Pots are the same as Titan.

In addition, the ranking rewards are considerably better here than they were in Titan. Between 1000 and 5000 you get a 10% Moogle and 6 tickets. That got you 3 tickets last raid.

So the only real complaint is that you aren't drowning in King Metals like you were in the Titan raid, because let's not pretend anyone cares about the rest of the raid gacha rewards. Well, Titan came 4 raids after King Mog in JP instead of 1 before it here in GL. And hey, I get it. We (mostly) all pulled some new units, we want to level them up, it kinda sucks to go backwards, the multisummon being stuck until maintainence is a bummer.

That all said, this is what happens when you spoil the playerbase, which is the result of the Titan raid being wildly out of order. King Metals were 1% from the Bahamut gacha. 0.5% here, which would be in-line when you factor in that ELT takes zero effort.

I think levelling the complaint at Gumi that they aren't appropriately adjusting rewards is fair, but understand that if you want that to be balanced, you wouldn't have gotten nearly as many rewards from Titan in the first place.

Lyrian

I think levelling the complaint at Gumi that they aren't appropriately adjusting rewards is fair, but understand that if you want that to be balanced, you wouldn't have gotten nearly as many rewards from Titan in the first place.

Very well stated post.

As far as individual progression rewards in the raid, they are excellent and will be very easy to obtain because of the boosted payout rates for raid coins. My only grumble is that Gumi limited the only truly useful crafted equipment to only 1 HP+20%. That's par for the course, still sucks though.

To be honest, I think 90% of the complaints about the raid gacha would not exist if the gacha wasn't spitting out tons of 1* gil snappers and cactaurs. Those really shouldn't be appearing anymore, just like magicite shards.

Then again, Reddit found a way to piss and moan about how "horrible" they believe the July login calendar is.

across

My only grumble is that Gumi limited the only truly useful crafted equipment to only 1 HP+20%. That's par for the course, still sucks though.

While you're not necessarily wrong here, the accessory gives 10% magic dodge and the weapon gives +1 LB/turn. Former will no doubt be a component of scumbag 100% magic dodge builds in six months and the latter may be situationally appreciated by Wilhelm, if no one else.

To be honest, I think 90% of the complaints about the raid gacha would not exist if the gacha wasn't spitting out tons of 1* gil snappers and cactaurs. Those really shouldn't be appearing anymore, just like magicite shards.

Then again, Reddit found a way to piss and moan about how "horrible" they believe the July login calendar is.

That's fair, especially considering they were out of the gacha in the previous two raids.

As for calendar complaining and playerbase moaning in general, ho-hum. Let me be frank for a moment.

I have a friend who started playing last year during the Brave Frontier banner. Since then his 5* base pool has grown to encompass Luneth (reroll), Lightning, Trance Terra. His guaranteed 5* pull was a second Lightning. He spent his tickets in an attempt to get a unit to keep his interest in the game - the 10+1, the guaranteed 4* from the raid, and about 40 normals. No 5* bases and not a single Rikku.

If your anniversary was like his, I can understand if you've found it underwhelming. For the babies crying that they're missing out on 1% TM from the calendar and that they aren't getting the equivalent of hundreds of energy worth of Cactuar Dunes from the unflunkable raid gacha, my sympathy is pretty limited. By which I mean non-existent. Have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

(though I would like my missing Support crysts please)

Doctor_No

Invested my powercrysts into Delita's Shield Break (-65% DEF). The tweaks they made to him in GL is paying off.

Mog King Challenge has just became a breeze. Delita DEF break + A few Orlandeaus is basically an otko. I'll fool around and add a finisher later, but as of now I can get through Challange as fast as ELT.

Sadly, as trial bosses seem to be immune to de/spr breaks, he's only really useful for some events and raids.

Ken

go away basch

i hope this isn't a preview of when this comes to GL

3ROwinO.png

Ken

Disgusting, how many pulls?

It took me 66 pulls to get him + off banner Aileen >.>

rerolls! so 1 5k, 35 tickets, and the daily and free pull. probably 4-5 rerolls? i was getting an average of 2 rainbows with every 35 tickets.

i don't actually play JP. i just use it to satisfy pull itch and to mess around with new units

Alkez

And I think the other 10% is due to the fact it takes 5 times as long to do the same amount of summons. 1k at a time is going to drive anyone insane. I haven't spent any of my coins hoping they'll fix it next week.

I realized I have enough evade gear to 100% both Ling and Noctis on the same team. Besides having an a hole arena squad, I dunno if it'll ever come in handy but it's nice to have.

tuffymon

I realized I have enough evade gear to 100% both Ling and Noctis on the same team. Besides having an a hole arena squad, I dunno if it'll ever come in handy but it's nice to have.

I mean... Technically they could duo Gilga and swap raising each other on thresholds without a bit or shield... I'm sure it could come in handy somewhere.

Alkez

Thinking to start running elite raid instead of counter-attack. 5 runs of CA take me about 5 minutes, but 5 runs of elite take me a minute. I don't really care about ranking, and for my own sanity I'm not going to grind past the rewards this time. It was long enough spending my raid coins at 5k a piece.

LucaMac

Thinking to start running elite raid instead of counter-attack. 5 runs of CA take me about 5 minutes, but 5 runs of elite take me a minute. I don't really care about ranking, and for my own sanity I'm not going to grind past the rewards this time. It was long enough spending my raid coins at 5k a piece.

Yea, swapped to ELT myself. The slight jump in raid coins isnt worth the effort, especially as the shithead beats me evey now and again. Probably the same gain on account of it for a lot less time and effort.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Very well stated post.

As far as individual progression rewards in the raid, they are excellent and will be very easy to obtain because of the boosted payout rates for raid coins. My only grumble is that Gumi limited the only truly useful crafted equipment to only 1 HP+20%. That's par for the course, still sucks though.

I really don't believe it's exclusive to Reddit. Every single time an update has come, the sky is falling chicken little.

Literally just last month
-How were we going to get all the rewards for Expeditions? Turned out, many players hit it a day or two before.
-Alongside people saying the rewards weren't as good as the Chocobo, when a few JPN players from here and reddit said the Expeditions were pretty damn good. Since they are giving rare mats, nrg, and crystals. Complaints simmered once again
-The MogKing has terrible rates for banner units was Day 1 attitude. But since everyone was sitting on a Maxwell or Elza from last time. We had people getting 200k 300k 400k 500k Event Currency and literally buying the bank.
-Story event was nerfed to prevent farming crystals, turned out it was the same exact one JPN had at the time and once again the perception made a lot of fools.
-People whining about how they didn't include the increase in box space to the anni stream rather than waiting for the actual Anni.
-WoL 6 still came out in June
-Unusual complaints about the new trial being impossible... followed by the normal lot clearing, strategies filter, and the rest clearing it within the week.
-There is nothing to do now but TM farm... Well this is what happens when you use outside programs to power level your units beyond what is expected.
-Servers get hammered because every single person and their dog are trying to get in at the same time. And Gumi is shit. Which has happened to nearly every single game from big to small. WoW, FFXIV, etc. Where the issue is, people need to simply stop trying to log in for a bit.

Basically every single thing release is bullshit.... till a day or two after when either it gets proven wrong by JPN players, people actual play it, or it's put into perspective of where we are at.

There are a few legit complaints right now the past week.
-The people who did not get their Support Crystals before it was corrected
-The connection issue people who are still having trouble
-The people missing purchased items during that maintenance time.
-Lack of a better summon rate for the gacha. 1k is not enough, 5k is needed when you're earning 2-3k per round.

Elite is also 30k Exp. I replaced 3 of my units with ones I want to level. So every game, they net 6k each. If I run it 16 times a day for the two weeks, each unit will net 1.35mil Exp. Which should about net me all the rewards too and a place in the top 30k. For very little effort. /shrug. Doing little things like this suddenly make the lack of Cacturs in the Gacha pretty trivial. Since it will be giving me 2/3 of the Exp I need to max out 3 6* units for doing nothing, but getting the raid rewards. Hell, you the free Anni ring and you will basically max one of the units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Welp....im back to hating this game. Farmed 5000 Lapis...11 pulls...all trash and the 5* was Wilhelm....

FFS.

Out of all 5* the one i really dont care about :-/

Rixa

Welp....im back to hating this game. Farmed 5000 Lapis...11 pulls...all trash and the 5* was Wilhelm....

FFS.

Out of all 5* the one i really dont care about :-/

Mine was Wilhelm too. Going to build him awesome tank. If everything goes by plan its done next week.

Not sure how to feel about my 5star guarenteed pull. Got two rainbows . Both not dupes but both also not chainers. Strongest dps i have is noctis wouldve liked one of the strongest units dps wise. Anyway, pulled rem and ramza. My little R&R i guess.

Nikokuno

Think he's only limited to one, it says in the summon description.

Pulled my guaranteed 5* , Queen :(

TM not bad at least, what more can I say... Oh right, could have been a Lightning.

Not sure how to feel about my 5star guarenteed pull. Got two rainbows . Both not dupes but both also not chainers. Strongest dps i have is noctis wouldve liked one of the strongest units dps wise. Anyway, pulled rem and ramza. My little R&R i guess.

Rem is a very strong unit, I hope you get her dagger. Ramza is the best buffer when enhanced (with Roy) so you're ready for future contents I guess.
But I understand the non-chain complain, those called units make a ridiculous amount of damages when everything is set up.

Think he's only limited to one, it says in the summon description.

Pulled my guaranteed 5* , Queen :(

Yeah, but Gumi is Gumi so I wouldn't be surprised if we can get another. We will see in like 2 days.

Edit: Actually learn tomorrow, forgot I had not accepted shards for today yet. Doubt it works but if it does....nice.

Celegus

Dang just realized I don't have a Camille. Even got an Amelia on a daily, but no Camille... really would like her TM now that I have Tidus. Should be amazing for my Luneth when his enhancements hit. So my shopping list of non base 5* is now:

Camille or 2 (is the sword good for Tidus himself w/ Brotherhood so they're both water and frees up a materia slot from dual wield? would miss out on blade mastery though)
Ingus #4 (working on the other 3 right now)
Warrior of Light (gumi pls)

Syntsui

For you guys playing JP, what are the role of the two 5* unit from FF XII? I heard that they're both fantastic units.
Basch is pretty much immortal, has 50% breaks for each stats + AoE 45% breaks for ATK/MAG and DEF/SPR, has an absurdly high HP/DEF, counters with a very high HP heal or MP heal, has a 3 turn 75% Chance to defend an ally and mitigate PHY attacks or MAG attacks (two different skills).

Kouriozan

Basch is lacking provoke otherwise he his enhanced WoL, with better attacks/breaks/buff, crazy.
I predict he'll be top tank on Altema soon enough.

Current best tanks :

Rv16SMM.png

Basch will likely claim the first spot once Altema update it.

Does Rem's Dagger Boomerang use ATK at all?

Thinking I found a good use now for my Second Knife. I gave her that plus Draco Spike, Siren's Robe, Creeepy Mask, 2x Earrings, Rod Mastery, 30% MAG, Echidna Kiss, Sage's Pradna.

Got her to 800 MAG from her previous high of 747.

Lost out on HP and some SPR though. 5008 to 3946 and 448 to 408.

Wondering which is a better build.

That's an awesome pull.

Ramza is soon to be an amazing enhanced singer with +100% all stats buff w/ HP/MP heal for 3-turns. He won't ever attack, so load him with HP, DEF & SPR.

Rem is the best finisher in the game currently, and also a great healer. She also comes with innate dual wield for Dagger and dual cast for magic. If you have her daggers then you're good. Trials give Echidna's Kiss which grants MAG+30%, which goes a long way with her Global exclusive skill Dagger Boomerang that hits hard and powers up each time it's used.

If I were in your shoes I would be pumped about those pulls.

Lyrian

I really don't believe it's exclusive to Reddit. Every single time an update has come, the sky is falling chicken little.

<snip>

Damn well said. Completely agree with you.

And I think the other 10% is due to the fact it takes 5 times as long to do the same amount of summons. 1k at a time is going to drive anyone insane. I haven't spent any of my coins hoping they'll fix it next week.

Gumi already has said that the 5k coin pull is coming, but needs a server downtime to fix. Thursday, as usual, then.

Everyone's favorite Guard cryst day!
please let Black be next,I want to finish Ultima

You know, just as well as I do, that it's going to be Healing cryst day tomorrow, followed by Tech (or in reverse order, it doesn't matter). Black and Power are going to be dead last intentionally.

Not sure if anyone has tried yet but I didn't awaken my Kelsus so if we get shards a few more days I will see if I can summon a 2nd one.

It's really weird how many shards we've been given, I have 293/300 towards a second one (if it'll allow it or not)

Kelsus's shards has become a groanworthy game of Family Feud. Yeah, you could have pulled him early if you ran the table and got every shard possible for most of June. But, now in the last event with his shards in July, we've reached the equivalent of the Triple point value speed round which pretty much invalidated the need to push hard on his shards.

A few posts ago, I noticed that that the "Limit 1" mechanism is not currently tied to Kelsus's banner, despite the banner clearly stating one Kelsus max per account. That's probably a screw-up, but would likely also require a server downtime to fix. So... if people can reach 300 again before Wednesday's/Thursday's downtime, it could work?

Lyrian

Daily pull: Rikku

Just learned a lesson this morning. I could have saved 5k lapis.

On the flip side, I had zero golds at all on my 5k pull.

Then, on the three dailies since then + 1 ticket, I've had 3 gold crystals.

Hope, Gafgarrion yesterday, and today Mercedes.

/sigh

NomarTyme

I want to say that I love Expedition! Great addition to the FFBE world! Already crafted the 1st adventure materia! I think I can get the final one by Nov-Dec!

Does Rem's Dagger Boomerang use ATK at all?

Thinking I found a good use now for my Second Knife. I gave her that plus Draco Spike, Siren's Robe, Creeepy Mask, 2x Earrings, Rod Mastery, 30% MAG, Echidna Kiss, Sage's Pradna.

Got her to 800 MAG from her previous high of 747.

Lost out on HP and some SPR though. 5008 to 3946 and 448 to 408.

Wondering which is a better build.

Nope.

tuffymon

A few posts ago, I noticed that that the "Limit 1" mechanism is not currently tied to Kelsus's banner, despite the banner clearly stating one Kelsus max per account. That's probably a screw-up, but would likely also require a server downtime to fix. So... if people can reach 300 again before Wednesday's/Thursday's downtime, it could work?

I'm tempted to try... but then no shards to evolve either...

Also, I don't know why we don't get a 50k pull for raids, it's not like our inventories stop us on pulling anymore. Just let us get it over with really...

I'm tempted to try... but then no shards to evolve either...

Also, I don't know why we don't get a 50k pull for raids, it's not like our inventories stop us on pulling anymore. Just let us get it over with really...

I will definitely try tomorrow or the next day whatever it is. I didn't plan on evolving him anyway so if I lose the shards I lose the shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom