• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Easier to just chain of Shin's post than write a whole new long one on this.

Agreeing with Shin on P.Cecil and Refia, as they are now both officially outclassed.

Greg seems like a good choice as Snowpetal +2 isn't that much of a jump over Tidus at ~571%.

I think D.Cecil is still going to be passed over. A 1500% finisher is just way too much of a power leap still for Global. Luneth's 1050% fnisher is also going mean a pass on him for next month as well.

I think Soleil will be passed over as well. Buffs are too strong at +2, even if for a single turn. Same can be said for Marie, as she is still quite potent right now.

So...

Greg
Nine, Shine (moved up from batch 5), Leon
Garland, Exdeath, Hayate

That's 7, the same number as in the last batch. Can't see anyone else from batch 5 being moved up, except maybe the Crystal Defenders.

Queen I'm definitely expecting. Her enhancements are mediocre and she barely lends herself to the meta. Drastic reduction in cost.

On DKC, I don't think it's a massive leap as said. Damage output wise, sure. I don't recall, but isn't Vargas and Olive around 1k modifier?

My issue would be, I don't see them upgrading Giglamesh or Luneth prior to DKC since they both had a very strong run already. And their enhancements return them to the current meta well enough. It's not like Lightnings which are throw away nor like Ramza which made him a dominating unit for the past 8 months in JPN.

Syntsui

Can't we get shards from bonus expedition's prizes? I'm missing 7 btw.

233 shards for me, I am 100% sure I got all of them. Of course I awakened my 1st Kelsus (60 shards) so if I didn't I would have got the second one tomorrow.

Ok, we definetly get them from expeditions and I was lucky to get a lot.

Kouriozan

233 shards for me, I am 100% sure I got all of them. Of course I awakened my 1st Kelsus (60 shards) so if I didn't I would have got the second one tomorrow.

Xion86

Ok, got an orb to recharge and it was just the damage difference. I apologize folks, I'm not used to a RAID boss where you can literally do anything and win and the game initially has you doing the 'play with king' and 'insult king' moves so I didn't attempt to seriously kill him. I figured I did negligible damage with auto either way so I hadn't considered the damage factor despite the RAID being predicated on doing damage to him and getting him to level up. My bad. Killed him on this run and it was around 3k coins so that's that.

giphy.gif

Phew, your initial post about the bonus confused the hell out of me and thought I'd majorly missed out on something until I started to think about what you were saying more :p. Glad you have it figured out now though. Been sticking to ELT here and mainly relying on Divine Ruination chains and sticking with easy 2 turn defeats.

Lyrian

Queen I'm definitely expecting. Her enhancements are mediocre and she barely lends herself to the meta. Drastic reduction in cost.

On DKC, I don't think it's a massive leap as said. Damage output wise, sure. I don't recall, but isn't Vargas and Olive around 1k modifier?

My issue would be, I don't see them upgrading Giglamesh or Luneth prior to DKC since they both had a very strong run already. And their enhancements return them to the current meta well enough. It's not like Lightnings which are throw away nor like Ramza which made him a dominating unit for the past 8 months in JPN.

Olive's True Shot is net 480% before applied imperils. (720% after Shattering Shot with Sparky).

Vargas's Supreme Blaze is net 500%, but he needs an fire imperil from an outside source.

1500% on DKC, in a single move, is a big jump up from these. Elza gets to net 1200% with Madness Rush +2 (ignoring her breaks), but can't capitalize on that modifier as a finisher as that is broken in to 4 RT 300% blows.

Didn't look down at batch 6 for Queen initially, but yeah, those are some weak enhancements and would be a good candidate to move up a few batches.

I would imagine something is up with shards since I had 283 and then got 5 from daily giveaway and 10 from daily quests so I should be at 298. Just glad we can get a 2nd one and I assume Gumi will fix it in maintenance.

Mipcgamer

Yeah, 293 was supposed to be the max by today. Anyway, everyone should pull a 2nd copy as soon as possible before maintenance just in case.

evangd007

I have Queen and I won't enhance her unless the enhancements are changed considerably. The only reason she ever sees play for me is if I need mana regen and the enhancement to that skill causes it to kill herself to trigger Berserk. Yeah, I'll keep the utility and skip the mechanic that takes her damage from pathetic to mediocre.

Emperor is another to consider. He has no business getting enhanced after Aileen and at the same time as Tidus.

SeanTSC

Dunno I had exactly 300 after the 10 from the daily quest. I had some random number ending with a 3 earlier today though before I accepted the ones in the mailbox. Like 283 I think.

I'm at 233 here, but I already awakened my first Kelsus and maxed him out. Hopefully they don't change the ability to summon more before I can get to 300 again. Not sure how I'm so much lower than others, since I bought everyone on Mog King and have done every daily.

Edit: Oh, saw new posts above. Expedition bonuses? Guess I haven't seen one yet.

tuffymon

I'm at 233 here, but I already awakened my first Kelsus and maxed him out. Hopefully they don't change the ability to summon more before I can get to 300 again. Not sure how I'm so much lower than others, since I bought everyone on Mog King and have done every daily.

Edit: Oh, saw new posts above. Expedition bonuses? Guess I haven't seen one yet.

Not going to say it's the same for everyone, but I know I haven't evolved mine yet, and I'll make sure to grab a second Kelsus asap tomorrow

Phew, beat FFX event on ELT. I forgot to take the damn elemental weapons off so it looked like the first time where I couldn't do shit to the sphere but I figured out a way to hurt it with two units and slogged the fight to victory haha For some reason, Noctis's point-warp, the dragoon-esque leap move would hurt it fine despite having Excalibur on when nothing else of his would work. So I pretty much spammed him doing that, used Tidus as a MP battery since Brotherhood rendered his attacks worthless, WoL took the damage, Refia on heal duty and the friend Freyvia's strongest ice attack did ok damage. So basically a tag team duo of Freyv and Noctis though the others played a vital role nonetheless. Thanks to who ever is sharing their Fry! I'll pay more attention to who it was the next time they show up.

That just leaves the secret level for King Mog. I want to say he one-shot my team last time so I'll have to look at what's needed to survive his barrage of attacks.

Doctor_No

I'm still not getting any NRG rewards from expedition, in that I don't get the rewards after I claim them from my box, is this thing still bugged?

Syntsui

I'm still not getting any NRG rewards from expedition, in that I don't get the rewards after I claim them from my box, is this thing still bugged?

You can use them when you are out of NRG but want to do some event that needs them. They are rechargeable items.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Olive's True Shot is net 480% before applied imperils. (720% after Shattering Shot with Sparky).

Vargas's Supreme Blaze is net 500%, but he needs an fire imperil from an outside source.

1500% on DKC, in a single move, is a big jump up from these. Elza gets to net 1200% with Madness Rush +2 (ignoring her breaks), but can't capitalize on that modifier as a finisher as that is broken in to 4 RT 300% blows.

Didn't look down at batch 6 for Queen initially, but yeah, those are some weak enhancements and would be a good candidate to move up a few batches.

Okie dokie. Didn't think it was as big of an increase as that.

I have Queen and I won't enhance her unless the enhancements are changed considerably. The only reason she ever sees play for me is if I need mana regen and the enhancement to that skill causes it to kill herself to trigger Berserk. Yeah, I'll keep the utility and skip the mechanic that takes her damage from pathetic to mediocre.

Emperor is another to consider. He has no business getting enhanced after Aileen and at the same time as Tidus.

Emperor's enhancements are top tier making him the number one mage till the S2 characters come out. I feel like they are more likely to do Beach DFina both him.

tuffymon

Actually, you can go to the store section and click recharge energy, and it'll pop up a menu right then lapis or item, and then use as many as you'd like.

Broseybrose

Same. 233. Evolved the one I already got. Got every shard possible. Havent seen any from expeditions.

tuffymon

228 shards into my second kelsus. Don't know if I'll be able to pull a second.

Someone said the math earlier, that getting 2 and evolving 1 was possible, but didnt further specify if it was possible to evolve both /shrug the video shows a 5 and 6* so... it shouldn't matter too much at least

Syntsui

Getting 7 free shards every day + 10 from the daily missions until July 14th should be enough for most of you. I find it very weird how the numbers are varying so much.

Someone said the math earlier, that getting 2 and evolving 1 was possible, but didnt further specify if it was possible to evolve both /shrug the video shows a 5 and 6* so... it shouldn't matter too much at least

I see. I thought the shard give away ended this maint but ends on the 14th. Will have more than enough for 2. Not sure if i can evo the second one though.

Kouriozan

I found Moogle (unit) usefulness, since he can use all elements he'll be great for those "use water/dark/wind/earth damage" missions.

Syntsui

I'm guessing those with 233 have a 6* Kelsus and those with 293 have a 5* Kelsus.

Edit: Hold on, I don't wtf. I must have gotten the disconnect message while I awakened mine, so it didn't register lol. I'm so happy that this is the case, it must be destiny to get a second one tomorrow!

Ok makes me feel better knowing I didn't somehow miss out on 60 shards.

So if this bug persists, one 5* and one 6* is possible.

Also if we do get (17) per day that will give me (301) by Thursday, but that's maintenance day.

I'm betting the fix it and I don't get #2.

Edit- Actually we should be able to pull off 2x 6* Kelsus if they don't fix the bug.

Kouriozan

Edit- Actually we should be able to pull off 2x 6* Kelsus if they don't fix the bug.
Yes, there is still 25 days to collect shards so at very minimum 125 shards, with the 7 daily of the anniversary we should be able to have 2 6* Kelsus.
If Gumi don't remove the possibility of summoning a second one next maintenance, that is.

Mipcgamer

As soon as I pull NotVivi, I'll put both in a party, throw some cactuars and equipement to them, take many screenshots and send them on expeditions 24/7 so Gumi can't take them.

Also, petrify cheese looking fine on GL.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes, there is still 25 days to collect shards so at very minimum 125 shards, with the 7 daily of the anniversary we should be able to have 2 6* Kelsus.
If Gumi don't remove the possibility of summoning a second one next maintenance, that is.

Mog King this or next week too. Could see another 90.

Syntsui

Finally beat the hardest level of the latest JP XII event, pretty wild stuff considering Aranea was my only DPS character. My Basch couldn't handle the damage but the friend one with 100% fire resistance was invincible lmao.

If they did that after tons of users already got two, it would be fucked up.

Lyrian

Latest event page for Kelsus says that his shards will stop dropping after the FFX event ends on the 13th. He is summonable until the 26th. It is currently unknown if the two week window will yield any more shards, or it is simply a cooldown period for procrastinators to pull him after his event has ended like how Mog King functions.

EDIT: The more I think about, there might be a reasonable explanation for the situation. I think that as the original news post back at the beginning of June stated, Kelsus's shards were meant to drop just for June. As such, it would have been impossible to get enough shards to summon two Kelsuses, so there was no reason to put the lock on the banner. But, perhaps, internal data was showing that the average casual player (whom Kelsus is targeted towards) were collecting so few shards in general, that Gumi had to extend the event and practically give the unit away in this event. But, no one at Gumi thought about putting the lock back on the banner, now that there will be over 600 total shards for the event. Curious to see how this situation will be handed come the maintenance on Thursday.

Muku

I was looking at my shards the other day and noticed I was getting up to 300. I didn't think we could nab another Kelsus. But why would you? I know yall mentioned something about chaining with Reberta. But is that it? I think it's a pretty shit unit. I don't have Reberta. And to be honest, can't see the bonus to having a second of him. Plus, I thought it was hinted that we'll get future characters from this currency as well?

Just looked and at 293 at moment.

tuffymon

It wasn't just for Reberta, but jumpers in general. Nothing is making you get a second one, by all means hold the shards and see if it'll give you a jump up on whatever event actually makes em somewhat useful again (assuming it isnt just another kelsus banner then)

Xevren

Still deciding if I want to grab a 2nd kelsus tomorrow. Would be fun with Reberta jumping, I mean we'll most likely be able to get enough shards for whatever character they add for the shards again anyway I'm thinking.

Celegus

They said there will be similar units in the future, but I can't imagine using "Shards of Kelsus" to summon anyone other than Kelsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom