• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Can you even do the 40 NRG level with bonus units only? That level is insane, not even with my main team I could do it lol.

I wonder how people will react when we get that difficulty here, we won't be able to carry it with an entire bonus unit like we always do.

I haven't tried yet. I do have Vayne and Drace maxed out though and I'll equip them so I can do the fights.

I just finished the Ifrit 3-star fight. It's a lot like the Leviathan fight. Gotta raise your fire resistance a lot for it. Magic cover like Basch of Mystair is a lifesaver in the fight as they'll take all the fire magic damage for you. Just gotta raise their resistance high (with buffs) and make sure to keep reraise on them.

I used 300 T1 and 633 T2 Magicite and I only got Ifrit to Level 19 of 60....oh boy. T3 gives a lot though and pushed him to 24.

Edit. Holy shit, I used 600 of a T2 off-elemental magicite and it got me 2.5 levels from 24-26 on Ifrit 3-star. This is gonna take so much...

Alkez

[JP] I don't get why you can't take Year 2 story units into the story vortex when they can equip their gear as if they're year 1 units.

Edit: Ok I take back what I said about Runera. I didn't realise she got enhancements already. Her song is good now. My bad lmao.

Edit #2: Have y'all seen this? Lasswell's LB just looks powerful, damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2quDg-4o8

c-murph

Stuff like 9S TMs (300% aoe chains) and Rikku's pouch TM (aoe breaks) are invaluable for stuff like this.

I've got 2 bonus units rocking 9S TMs and one with Rikku's pouch. That takes care of the chains and breaks. Last bonus unit (Vayne) does buffs and I kept Tidus around as the last party member to just make it an easy 'repeat' press clear.

Usually bring 100% bonus units as friends, but can't really rely on them to fill a role.

So, 5 Rikku pouches then ,huh?

bryt

Are there any good 3-4* base chainers? I'm really feeling my damage suffering nowadays with no chainer. I run double Noctis with an Orlandeau friend for damage and grinding this Mog King Counterattack raid is taking at least 6-7 minutes a run.

Are there any good 3-4* base chainers? I'm really feeling my damage suffering nowadays with no chainer. I run double Noctis with an Orlandeau friend for damage and grinding this Mog King Counterattack raid is taking at least 6-7 minutes a run.

Chizuru is the best 4* chainer in my opinion. I think you can use others, but her phantom shadow skill is the one to use. Based on your finisher, you can chain her with just about anything (I can chain her easily with a friend Orlando or a Tidus fairly easily couple frame buffer after orlandu and immediately before a friend Tidus)

Question about the free 11 pull on the 28th. I am going camping next weekend and will miss at least one day due to lack of wifi and data. Do I just need to sign on for 28 days in total this month? Or do I need to have signed on for every day leading up to the 28th to get it?

Or, in short, will missing 1 day next weekend because I'm camping screw me out of the free 11 pull on the 28th?

Question about the free 11 pull on the 28th. I am going camping next weekend and will miss at least one day due to lack of wifi and data. Do I just need to sign on for 28 days in total this month? Or do I need to have signed on for every day leading up to the 28th to get it?

Or, in short, will missing 1 day next weekend because I'm camping screw me out of the free 11 pull on the 28th?

You just have to log in for 28 days for the month. Since July has 31 you can miss 3 and be okay.

NomarTyme

So been reading Reddit a lot, and I see the community are mentioning that Rem as really good top finisher. Some say she goes really well with Tidus. Rem has this really unique situation where she can equip Camile's TM(Dual wield water sword) and her Dagger (Defender) at the time for some reason. That means it frees up a materia spot for Letter and Arms or a killer materia. It'll be interesting if people are going to try two Tidus and Rem trio. Now I just need to pull a Tidus! :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6hlfcg/aqua_sword_and_rem/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...nalysis_of_physical_and_magic_damage_dealers/

robotuw

Finally finished with the FFX event. Took a couple extra PRO runs since those blue butterflies just refused to show up. Now I've got Razamataz, all achievements, and nothing stopping me from TM farming all week. I'm going to refresh like crazy since Rikku came cheap and Queen #2 killed any desire to pull more.

EDarkness

Yeah, it happened to me first time. Thats why i carry with myself holy torches!

Yeah, I went in more prepared this time and got it done! Woot! I didn't realize I could have used one of my characters to summon Siren in the end, but I got all of the other rewards. Thanks a bunch for the assist, man. :D

Kouriozan

I'm almost done with crafting equip gold trophy despite playing for more than a year and doing minimum one craft per day, god I love this update.
Crafting ability gold trophy should follow soon enough (need friend gift crysts!)

Item crafting was already done thanks to mog cakes and other global exclusive stuff like Shining Splendor needing almost 100 broadsword.
Never forget its description : "A blade that is so tedious and expensive to craft, the blacksmith community cringes at the mere mention of this sword."

So a couple of these things in the Mog event have proved useful at least. The moogles TM seems like it would be useful for Rikku? Just not 100% due to her limited slots but I figured her LB is what we're in it for.

Edit: I see that's a consensus looking a few posts up.

Then the ability you can craft that gives hp+20% and mp+10% will go great on Tilith. I'm just not sure on one thing. As I have Mp+15 and 20% too, do they affect MP regen at all? Cause if they don't I figure I'm better off stacking 4 of these until I find some MP regen abilities.

Camwi

Still annoyed by my Queen pull, so I spent another 15 tickets. Got a troll Hope and another WoL.

This sucks. With all the daily pulls since I started, and all the tickets I've burned, I am due for a real rainbow pull.

It sure feels nice to finally be able to do some chaining!
ByqSOvM.png

Unfortunately, my 900+ ATK Noct had to be benched to do so. I had to use his gear / materia on Amelia, so I'll be sharing her (651 ATK) for the duration of this event instead.

So been reading Reddit a lot, and I see the community are mentioning that Rem as really good top finisher. Some say she goes really well with Tidus. Rem has this really unique situation where she can equip Camile's TM(Dual wield water sword) and her Dagger (Defender) at the time for some reason. That means it frees up a materia spot for Letter and Arms or a killer materia. It'll be interesting if people are going to try two Tidus and Rem trio. Now I just need to pull a Tidus! :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...nalysis_of_physical_and_magic_damage_dealers/

I've been wondering the same, but I would use her with 2 Orlandeau and I've been working on a dual wield for her.

Guessing I should shift course to Camille TM farming. Good thing I have 4 and one is at 15%. :)

Edit - I could use a finisher and right now Tilith isn't required. Going to put Rem in her spot for now. Giving Olive a break.

Ken

now i kinda want another tidus as an excuse to use rem more

Shouta

Can you even do the 40 NRG level with bonus units only? That level is insane, not even with my main team I could do it lol.

I wonder how people will react when we get that difficulty here, we won't be able to carry it with an entire bonus unit like we always do.

I can finish it with 1 damage dealer in my party and the rest as bonus units. I just swapped out my Larsa for Tidus and I was good, lol.

Syntsui

I can finish it with 1 damage dealer in my party and the rest as bonus units. I just swapped out my Larsa for Tidus and I was good, lol.
I can see it being viable with the correct setup, taking advantage of the chaining moves and buffs from the bonus units and finishing with Aranea, the thing is, I fucked up with my planning.

I should have saved the raid coins to level up everyone and now I'm out of Cactuars, but yeah it's possible >.>

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Be getting another 20% of moogles in the next two weeks with the community event for the Raid, Arena rewards, and Raid rewards. So Eileen's TM will be 90% without even a single Earth Shrine run.

But it's funny, I hit my first First World FFBE problem. I'm not sure who to run anymore. Getting both Alieen and Freyja made it pretty weird... this feeling of being overwhelmed now with possibility, but also requiring for me to invest into certain TMs now for the next few months.

Valentus

Thats why i always told you all to have faith, that your moment will come and better be prepared to equip all the goods you will recieve xD

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thats why i always told you all to have faith, that your moment will come and better be prepared to equip all the goods you will recieve xD

Well, I just spent the last hour viewing your videos on Rikku and Aileen. You're my first YouTube Subscription too lol. So I'll be viewing the Freyja one later. Time for research -_-

Vashetti

Banned
Thanks to Valentus and his crazy Tidus, just cheesed the ELT dark esper trial

Finally broke 800 ATK on my Noct thanks to the Ifrit's Claw and Large Sword Mastery rewards! :eek:

Shouta

I can see it being viable with the correct setup, taking advantage of the chaining moves and buffs from the bonus units and finishing with Aranea, the thing is, I fucked up with my planning.

I should have saved the raid coins to level up everyone and now I'm out of Cactuars, but yeah it's possible >.>

I specifically saved 200,000 Raid coins to level up my units for this. That's what it's best for, lol.

tuffymon

This whole not able to connect through wifi is freaking ridiculous... I hope it gets fixed soon, gem vortex has been putting out fairly regularly for me, but I'd like to keep tm farming T.T

Be getting another 20% of moogles in the next two weeks with the community event for the Raid, Arena rewards, and Raid rewards. So Eileen's TM will be 90% without even a single Earth Shrine run.

But it's funny, I hit my first First World FFBE problem. I'm not sure who to run anymore. Getting both Alieen and Freyja made it pretty weird... this feeling of being overwhelmed now with possibility, but also requiring for me to invest into certain TMs now for the next few months.

#firstworldffbeproblems

Congrats on the new great units. You deserve them!

Hey guys, awesome to see so many people landing Rikku and even Tidus :D ExviusGAF grows more powerful by the day!

I have a question, I've noticed a number of you place the stronger weapon in the left hand and so I looked it up. Is it only better if a unit spams a move that either debuffs or causes your team to get a buff so the second strike is stronger? I'm assuming this is better for Noctis who I spam Warp Break against bosses at times but it wouldn't be better for Tidus, would it? I had no idea which hand made a difference before today, always put the best in the right hand ;p

Nice videos, Valentus, I checked out both the Rikku and Tidus ones. If I ever create a youtube account, you'll be the first and probably only person I subscribe to haha

Also, I got a close friend to download the game to take advantage of the Anniversary gifts. He also has an account on GAF (Pro) so I'll have him post in here when he gets a chance but if any of you would be willing to add him as a friend, that'd be awesome. His ID is 500,781,954 and shows as Jezzy. He still has Rain and the generic message, I'm going to make him change it to include GAF and show him how to change the shared unit soon. Garnet is the best unit that came from the 10+1 pull for him but I'm hoping once he uses our units to power through enough story to get 5k lapis, he'll get a DPS unit from the guarantee banner. He landed a Ludmille and Shine so I'll have to show him the ways of TM farming haha

Outside of focusing on adding players and working on story to get lapis, anything else I should have him do while this anniversary craziness is going on? Getting 5k is obviously the priority but I'm trying to think of what other advice I can provide this early in the game while there's still a great banner and other stuff going on. I'm going to emphasize for him to try and get Rikku, of course.

Edit: lol, he accidentally changed his username to GAF-Pro instead of his greeting. So yeah, it's that rather than Jezzy now.

Lyrian

I have a question, I've noticed a number of you place the stronger weapon in the left hand and so I looked it up. Is it only better if a unit spams a move that either debuffs or causes your team to get a buff so the second strike is stronger?

This is correct.

Despite what the ATK number says for the unit, the game makes two independent attack rolls with the attack stats of each weapon used. By placing the stronger weapon second, any debuffs (like light imperil from Divine Ruination) will be in effect for the off-hand weapon. Stronger weapon, of course, means greater damage and better leveraging of the debuff applied from the first weapon on the same turn.

This is correct.

Despite what the ATK number says for the unit, the game makes two independent attack rolls with the attack stats of each weapon used. By placing the stronger weapon second, any debuffs (like light imperil from Divine Ruination) will be in effect for the off-hand weapon. Stronger weapon, of course, means greater damage and better leveraging of the debuff applied from the first weapon on the same turn.
Thanks, any situation where it's better to have it in the right hand? Besides attacking LB considering those are too infrequent to matter.

Lyrian

After stopping to be a scared kitten, I've got Mog Counterattack well in hand. Tilith really is "all that". That's quite scary the power jump for healers there.

Looks like very few people either know about the secret stage or can actually clear it. Once I got a hang of it, I skyrocketed up the leaderboards. Well under 5k place without any refreshes at all.

-- On my account's anniversary date, finally finished the very long overdue backlog of ATK-related TMs. Feels awesome. Running the event with a Elza at ~900 and Luneth with over 800, both with slayers on.

-- Gem vortex finally coughed up a power T4 today for the first time. When the power cryst daily hidden vault shows up this week, I'll be able to get Madness Rush +2, which will be awesome. /taps foot VERY impatiently

-- Loving the tons of stat pots this event.

-- Over halfway already to the twin King pots for this week's exploration prize.

-- Adventurer +0 crafted :)

Lyrian

Thanks, any situation where it's better to have it in the right hand? Besides attacking LB considering those are too infrequent to matter.

With a weaker weapon in the offhand? Not really?

If there isn't any net benefit from a debuff/buff from the right-hand weapon, then it doesn't really matter with hand the weapons are equipped. Because at that point, both hands are functionally the same, and the order that the weapons are swung are irrelevant.

With a weaker weapon in the offhand? Not really?

If there isn't any net benefit from a debuff/buff from the right-hand weapon, then it doesn't really matter with hand the weapons are equipped. Because at that point, both hands are functionally the same, and the order that the weapons are swung are irrelevant.

Cool, I'll just always put the stronger weapon in the left hand for DW units for now on, thanks.

Phew, spent forever today finally cashing in on all the Arena tokens and Arena summon tickets. Took forever to claim rewards, use some to free up space to claim more, rinse and repeat. I potted the hell out of Rikku, Tidus, and WoL (6* increased capacity) and then used resources to max out Sea Breeze Dark Fina to replace Ex Death as my mage for missions and events where you need magic and then moved on to Marie who will replace Minfilia as my buff support star for specific fights. She's in the 90's, but there's no particular rush to get her to 100, I can do that after some more RAID summons. I also finally got Lakshmi to 40 and used all her points which gave Rikku a nice boost. I am surprised how high her HP can get and even more after watching Valentus' video!

I still have that hidden Mog King fight left and ELT for the FFX event. The latter had me stuck on the boss, nothing did damage to him even when I attempted to exploit the opposite element. I must be missing something here. Probably is hurting me to have Excalibur on Noctis and Brotherhood on Tidus I suspect as well. The mog king secret stage I only tried once and I've since boosted stats by potting so maybe I'll have better luck on a rematch. I should probably look up the nuances to that fight.

Celegus

Hmm yeah maybe I should try that last mog level. Seems like a hassle to farm it though, when I can just keep pressing repeat on ELT!

Syntsui

Hmm yeah maybe I should try that last mog level. Seems like a hassle to farm it though, when I can just keep pressing repeat on ELT!
My rank position is a clear proof of how much of a hassle this raid is, I've never been so high lol.

Most people probably don't even know it exists and most that do don't even bother considering how hard it is.

If only the raid banner wasn't absolute shit, this could be a fantastic opportunity to level up my entire account.

Hmm doesn't seem like I got any raid rank points and maybe not even the coins from the last multiple runs on ELT. If you don't kill him, do you not get that? I've just been doing the play with king and bad mouth king skills on repeat and he runs away without fail when I'm down to the last unit from him sneezing everyone else out of battle. I actually accidentally went in with my TM farm team and realized it doesn't matter because of this so extra opportunities for TM progress but if it doesn't give you raid rank points... I'd like to at least get the 10% trust moogle. I'll have to pay more attention next time unless one of you can confirm this for me. I am getting all other clear bonuses like xp, normal rank xp, gil, etc.

Lyrian

If you've handled Ifrit/Titan, you got this.

If you have the DPS to pull off ~20% of Mog's ELT life in one turn, you can exploit his thresholds to make the encounter simple, because he only does his threshold attack once per round and will queue up multiple thresholds and get stuck doing them for up to 3 rounds in a row.

If you have Tilith, its almost trivial. Equip a Black Bandana on Tilith to give her sleep immunity.

5k health minimum on all units to be safe.

Core: WoL/Y'sh/Tilith

Turn 1 --> Tilith: Goddess Miracle (to undo Mog's pre-emptive strike): Y'sh: DC Protectga/Shellga WoL: Arms Eraser
Turn 2 --> Tilith: Rainbow Veil Y'sh: Healing WoL: Embolden
Turn 3 --> Heal as needed, WoL: Armor Eraser, if you didn't bring a defensive breaker, otherwise free turns everywhere

Other 3 units can be utility or DPS in glass cannon mode.

Mog's thresholds are 70/50/30, where he gives himself Focus and casts Meteor for 3000-3500 on everyone if he is 45% MAG broken and Shellga is up. When he casts Meteor, that's his only action that turn.

For all other turns, Mog just casts random elemental spells.

Rinse, lather, repeat, as long as needed. But, if you are bringing decent DPS/chainers, this shouldn't take you more than 5-6 turns at most (less if Orlandeau/Fry/Tidus chaining).

Lyrian

My rank position is a clear proof of how much of a hassle this raid is, I've never been so high lol.

Most people probably don't even know it exists and most that do don't even bother considering how hard it is.

If only the raid banner wasn't absolute shit, this could be a fantastic opportunity to level up my entire account.

Agreed on all counts.

Probably for many, even though Mog doesn't fight back on ELT, he has considerable DEF which probably is blocking many for scoring highly on the fight. Especially once Mog starts sneezing people away.

I guess the weak raid banner is a combination of the "cant lose" ELT rounds and that raid coins are flowing ridiculously freely (bonus rate for leveling Mog is higher than normal). I'm getting just shy of 4k coins per Counterattack run, and will surely get more than that by morning as Mog is still leveling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom