• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I'm tempted to try... but then no shards to evolve either...

Also, I don't know why we don't get a 50k pull for raids, it's not like our inventories stop us on pulling anymore. Just let us get it over with really...

On top of the one-time raid rewards, the daily shards per day collection has been ramped up to 17 per day (7 via mail, 10 via daily task [up from 5 previously]).

Per the announcement, shard collection is running until the 13th. At 17 per day, it will only take 5 days of daily pickups to reacquire the 60 shards, which will be attainable.

On 50k pulls... likely a memory issue with low-end phones. People running Iphones and Galaxies would likely not have a problem with that, but this is a global game and people are running FFBE on potatoes and toasters so they have to be accommodated for when making design decisions for the game.

Alkez

[JP] I spent all 20k lapis I had yesterday on the main banner. Thinking about dropping a little cash on JP just to boost my lapis supply. Do JP ever get bundles like we do in GL?

Gumi already has said that the 5k coin pull is coming, but needs a server downtime to fix. Thursday, as usual, then.

Ah thanks, didn't know that. Been so busy recently I haven't been able to keep up with news. Good thing I was patient for once.

Hope, Gafgarrion yesterday, and today Mercedes.

Replace Gaf with Refia and that's the trifecta of troll yellows that I usually get.

Elite is also 30k Exp. I replaced 3 of my units with ones I want to level. So every game, they net 6k each.

Smart! That completely skipped my mind lol. Got some units to level as well, mainly Noctis seeing as Customer Support have yet to come back to me on my missing king minituars. Thanks for the tip.

Lyrian

Invested my powercrysts into Delita's Shield Break (-65% DEF). The tweaks they made to him in GL is paying off.

Mog King Challenge has just became a breeze. Delita DEF break + A few Orlandeaus is basically an otko. I'll fool around and add a finisher later, but as of now I can get through Challange as fast as ELT.

Sadly, as trial bosses seem to be immune to de/spr breaks, he's only really useful for some events and raids.

65% break is equivalent to a ~286% multipler to damage, which is obviously significant. Compared to WoL's Arms Eraser, equivalent to a ~182% mod, Delita's Shield break yields ~57% more damage. When we're talking about maxed elemental chains, that's easily six figures' worth of extra damage.

Indeed though, Delita's exemplary breaks come at the cost of any real functionality otherwise for him. Similarly, Elza is in a similar, but different boat, where in exchange for a slightly lower break value, she does generate significant offense (which is then hindered by being RT, restricting where she can be effective).

We're still early enough in the game's planned lifespan where all the top tier units are going to still have intentional holes or limitations upon them to prevent them from being the one-stop solution to everything in the game forever and ever.

Visceir

At 371 Relics now, could craft the first Adventurer materia but it seems smarter to just hold off until I have the 3600 needed for Adventurer V.

[JP] Today's free daily was another Sage Sakura. Got 3 of her now, guess it's better to have too many than none, lol. Wish her TM would have been +20% hp rather than +20% mp.

(JP) did one last Hail Mary on this version 3 4* tickets and 5 of the FFX mog king tickets and still no more rainbows. I have better luck with a 1% rate than 3%. Makes sense.

Errrr FF12 not X.

NomarTyme

At 371 Relics now, could craft the first Adventurer materia but it seems smarter to just hold off until I have the 3600 needed for Adventurer V.

[JP] Today's free daily was another Sage Sakura. Got 3 of her now, guess it's better to have too many than none, lol. Wish her TM would have been +20% hp rather than +20% mp.

What is the reason? Sorry I'm not getting it.

Doctor_No

65% break is equivalent to a ~286% multipler to damage, which is obviously significant. Compared to WoL's Arms Eraser, equivalent to a ~182% mod, Delita's Shield break yields ~57% more damage. When we're talking about maxed elemental chains, that's easily six figures' worth of extra damage.

Indeed though, Delita's exemplary breaks come at the cost of any real functionality otherwise for him. Similarly, Elza is in a similar, but different boat, where in exchange for a slightly lower break value, she does generate significant offense (which is then hindered by being RT, restricting where she can be effective).

We're still early enough in the game's planned lifespan where all the top tier units are going to still have intentional holes or limitations upon them to prevent them from being the one-stop solution to everything in the game forever and ever.

I was actually thinking that Elza's Ravaging Blow would be excellent for hybrid attackers since it breaks both DEF & SPR. Meaning a Fryevia would do some amazing damage with her break.

The big issue of course the def/spr break resistance on most significant bosses. Hiterto, Raids have been fairly easy with a simple OTKO from Orlandeaus, this Mog King Challange was the first time that DEF break actually has been needed for an easy OTKO.

Visceir

What is the reason? Sorry I'm not getting it.

Wouldn't probably be using the Adventurer materia until upgraded to IV or V. No point in spending the relics as there's always the chance Gumi might add something else to do with the relics or make other adjustmets.

Nikokuno

Basch is pretty much immortal, has 50% breaks for each stats + AoE 45% breaks for ATK/MAG and DEF/SPR, has an absurdly high HP/DEF, counters with a very high HP heal or MP heal, has a 3 turn 75% Chance to defend an ally and mitigate PHY attacks or MAG attacks (two different skills).

Is the game even challenging with those kind of units? Anyway, it's nice, GUMI shut have to rework Fran...

Shouta

So, I figured out what one of the new abilities on the 3-star Ifrit and Siren do. It increases the benefit characters get from equipping the Esper. It's usually about 1% of the esper's stats that gets inherited but these traits provide a 20% increase per trait to about 1.2% and there are 2 of them on Ifrit. It's a fairly significant upgrade though you'd need to totally redo your skill distribution and you might have to choose between that the Killer+ traits.

So, I figured out what one of the new abilities on the 3-star Ifrit and Siren do. It increases the benefit characters get from equipping the Esper. It's usually about 1% of the esper's stats that gets inherited but these traits provide a 20% increase per trait to about 1.2% and there are 2 of them on Ifrit. It's a fairly significant upgrade though you'd need to totally redo your skill distribution and you might have to choose between that the Killer+ traits.

Wonder when GL will get the 3* esper update, months out obviously as there's much more to come before but this is good to know.

800 lapis to go on my old account for the guaranteed 5* pull and then back on the back burner that account.

I'm just trying to keep it semi current, hoping that if I get something REALLy good I can swap Elza for that new one on there. Still no Zidane after 30 more ticket pulls, got an Abel though...

Syntsui

Is the game even challenging with those kind of units? Anyway, it's nice, GUMI shut have to rework Fran...
He miss 100% provoke though (he has a 20% target chance from the event accessory + Golem's provoke should take care of that I guess), he won't be able to protect the entire team and he still should take enourmous damage from trial bosses. There is a reason people are making evade tanks instead of straight up defensive tanks.

Lyrian

I was actually thinking that Elza's Ravaging Blow would be excellent for hybrid attackers since it breaks both DEF & SPR. Meaning a Fryevia would do some amazing damage with her break.

The big issue of course the def/spr break resistance on most significant bosses. Hiterto, Raids have been fairly easy with a simple OTKO from Orlandeaus, this Mog King Challange was the first time that DEF break actually has been needed for an easy OTKO.

Mog King is wierd for a challenge stage in that his threshold buffs are really nothing more than just a simple counter to already applied debuffs. Really though, in the long run, a boss is either going to be tuned at a level that factors in required breaks **or** is tuned to that level and is made break immune. It's all the same in the end, with the slight exception that being breakable gives an advantage to those who possess rarer breaks.

I'm looking at playing around with Elza's Madness Rush +2 as an unconventional finisher into an extra barrage to see if that produces significant additional damage over a traditional finisher. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But, if it works, the process could only possibly work against a single target. Multiple bosses, or bosses with multiple target-able components (like the Robot trial) automatically renders the idea invalid.

Wouldn't probably be using the Adventurer materia until upgraded to IV or V. No point in spending the relics as there's always the chance Gumi might add something else to do with the relics or make other adjustmets.

There's always a chance, but I'm skeptical of that. Gumi/Alim seems to really like making new currencies for everything, as recycling an old currency would give a player an advantage towards a prize/target.

You indirectly bring up another point that I've been trying to weigh on the Adventurer materia. At what point is it "worth it", more so than just something to buff stats on a unit running an A or S rank mission? 10%? Nah. 15? Still, Nah. 20? Maybe, especially on a hybrid or pursuing a survivability strategy. 30+, definitely.

Is the game even challenging with those kind of units?

A better question would be to ask "What is coming that requires this kind of power?"

Generally speaking, 5* units prelude power creep and get to enjoy being OP for awhile as chase units. In the end, breaks and buffs are all percentages and those can be easily countered on the enemy's stats to end up with a net result that places players right back in the same spot where they were before this OP unit was released. It's a very common method of power creep in almost every RPG-style game, gacha or not.

Kouriozan

So what are you expecting for July's ability awakening?
Dark Knight Cecil was a strange omission so far, yes I know JP and GL are different, so let's hope for lower cryst cost.
Gilgamesh also has good chances, and that would be the 2 5* for July.

For 4* I can totally see Soleil so we can use her before Ramza (I'm betting Ramza will be for Tactics part 3 alongside Agrias) otherwise we are well ahead of JP for them, so they gonna pick later stuff like Shine or Rosa since Charlotte didn't get her 6* yet.

For 3*, after Firion I don't care, they all are too weak/niche to be useful, even Cecil's ones are not that great.
Oh I forgot Gumi totally ignored Garland so I guess he'll have his enhancement as well (and they are wayyyy too expensive)

Doh! I was dumb and didn't realize there was a FFX bonus for the Mog King. No wonder it seemed like I wasn't getting much of anything, I'd been using my TM farm team to milk extra chances at get TM xp. Back to the main team and making sure to grab FFX friends for the ride.

tuffymon

Doh! I was dumb and didn't realize there was a FFX bonus for the Mog King. No wonder it seemed like I wasn't getting much of anything, I'd been using my TM farm team to milk extra chances at get TM xp. Back to the main team and making sure to grab FFX friends for the ride.

Wait... what? Are you saying I need to put in Wakka and Rikku for extra coins?

Vashetti

Banned

Huh? Really?

Can't find any mention of this, I believe you're mistaken.

Lyrian

Wait, what?

FFX is an exploration event, not a Mog King event.

Mog King is on the cooldown period after the BF event currently.

Dandte

We currently don't have any bonus units for either the ff x exploration nor the king mog raid.

Later this year or even next year we will get part two of the FF X event with yuna, lula etc. This event will feature a King Mog event with Yuna etc as bonuts units, but also Wakka from the current Banner :)

Wait... what? Are you saying I need to put in Wakka and Rikku for extra coins?

Huh? Really?

Can't find any mention of this, I believe you're mistaken.

Wait, what?

FFX is an exploration event, not a Mog King event.

Mog King is on the cooldown period after the BF event currently.

We currently don't have any bonus units for either the ff x exploration nor the king mog raid.

Later this year or even next year we will get part two of the FF X event with yuna, lula etc. This event will feature a King Mog event with Yuna etc as bonuts units, but also Wakka from the current Banner :)

Talking about the RAID which is Mog King, sorry I thought saying his name would distinguish which I was talking about. I only get a couple hundred coins or so with my TM farming team but get over 1k when I have Rikku, Tidus and a friend Tidus in. My RAID xp also seemed stagnant with the TM team, I wasn't unlocking anything and then I try three matches which the FFX units in and unlock multiple rewards.

When I get my orbs back I can test running the TM team again but this was my experience. If any of you have orbs charged feel free to test it yourself but it was a huge difference for me.

Edit: Wait, is it purely damage based? All I was doing was using Auto with both teams so I didn't think about damage but the RAIDs go off of damage for rewards don't they? If so, I wasn't dumb before but am dumb presently ;p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think DKC and Cecil should be in good position to be next. Cecil has been out classed officially by both Will and WoL. And Enhancements will finally make DKC great.

Refia is another good choice for enhancements alongside Garland. That would clear out everything from Batch 1 but Ramza.

For the other base 5, all signs would point towards Queen.

If we get a 3rd base. I'd probably say Giglamesh is in line for it. Which I'm hoping they do and speed up release just a bit more.

Double Kelsus LB followed up by a jump is a huge chain... there's a video shown occasionally on here of Aranea? doing 50 million damage in a single super mega amazing gives the finger jump...

Oh.

Wondering since I have Reberta.

So, this means if I get 40 more shards it will allow me to summon Kelsus again? Sounds like a bug.

Lyrian

So what are you expecting for July's ability awakening?
Dark Knight Cecil was a strange omission so far, yes I know JP and GL are different, so let's hope for lower cryst cost.
Gilgamesh also has good chances, and that would be the 2 5* for July.

For 4* I can totally see Soleil so we can use her before Ramza (I'm betting Ramza will be for Tactics part 3 alongside Agrias) otherwise we are well ahead of JP for them, so they gonna pick later stuff like Shine or Rosa since Charlotte didn't get her 6* yet.

For 3*, after Firion I don't care, they all are too weak/niche to be useful, even Cecil's ones are not that great.
Oh I forgot Gumi totally ignored Garland so I guess he'll have his enhancement as well (and they are wayyyy too expensive)

I think DKC and Cecil should be in good position to be next. Cecil has been out classed officially by both Will and WoL. And Enhancements will finally make DKC great.

Refia is another good choice for enhancements alongside Garland. That would clear out everything from Batch 1 but Ramza.

For the other base 5, all signs would point towards Queen.

If we get a 3rd base. I'd probably say Giglamesh is in line for it. Which I'm hoping they do and speed up release just a bit more.

Easier to just chain of Shin's post than write a whole new long one on this.

Agreeing with Shin on P.Cecil and Refia, as they are now both officially outclassed.

Greg seems like a good choice as Snowpetal +2 isn't that much of a jump over Tidus at ~571%.

I think D.Cecil is still going to be passed over. A 1500% finisher is just way too much of a power leap still for Global. Luneth's 1050% fnisher is also going mean a pass on him for next month as well.

I think Soleil will be passed over as well. Buffs are too strong at +2, even if for a single turn. Same can be said for Marie, as she is still quite potent right now.

So...

Greg
Nine, Shine (moved up from batch 5), Leon
Garland, Exdeath, Hayate

That's 7, the same number as in the last batch. Can't see anyone else from batch 5 being moved up, except maybe the Crystal Defenders.

Kouriozan

Double Kelsus LB followed up by a jump is a huge chain... there's a video shown occasionally on here of Aranea? doing 50 million damage in a single super mega amazing gives the finger jump...

There you go https://youtu.be/gP8Z_Hnj8Ps?t=4m8s
Perfect spark chains yummy.

And gif!

giphy.gif

Yes that's almost 14 million damage.

I'm missing 7 shards from 600 in total? Maybe I didn't get one of the daily emails this week?

Dunno I had exactly 300 after the 10 from the daily quest. I had some random number ending with a 3 earlier today though before I accepted the ones in the mailbox. Like 283 I think.

Ok, got an orb to recharge and it was just the damage difference. I apologize folks, I'm not used to a RAID boss where you can literally do anything and win and the game initially has you doing the 'play with king' and 'insult king' moves so I didn't attempt to seriously kill him. I figured I did negligible damage with auto either way so I hadn't considered the damage factor despite the RAID being predicated on doing damage to him and getting him to level up. My bad. Killed him on this run and it was around 3k coins so that's that.

giphy.gif

tuffymon

Dunno I had exactly 300 after the 10 from the daily quest. I had some random number ending with a 3 earlier today though before I accepted the ones in the mailbox. Like 283 I think.

Weird, checked the raid prizes just in case it was a tier I hadn't made it to or something. Maybe something wonky happened on collecting stuff when the update had shit hitting the fan~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom