• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I was looking at my shards the other day and noticed I was getting up to 300. I didn't think we could nab another Kelsus. But why would you? I know yall mentioned something about chaining with Reberta. But is that it? I think it's a pretty shit unit. I don't have Reberta. And to be honest, can't see the bonus to having a second of him. Plus, I thought it was hinted that we'll get future characters from this currency as well?

Just looked and at 293 at moment.

They said there will be similar units in the future, but I can't imagine using "Shards of Kelsus" to summon anyone other than Kelsus.

Yup. Just like every time a FF-0 Collab came around, there was a different color phantoma to collect, there will be different "Shards of <unitname>" to collect for the next vision shard unit.

Syntsui

I was looking at my shards the other day and noticed I was getting up to 300. I didn't think we could nab another Kelsus. But why would you? I know yall mentioned something about chaining with Reberta. But is that it? I think it's a pretty shit unit. I don't have Reberta. And to be honest, can't see the bonus to having a second of him. Plus, I thought it was hinted that we'll get future characters from this currency as well?

Just looked and at 293 at moment.
Watch this video and tell me you still don't want another copy of him:

https://youtu.be/gP8Z_Hnj8Ps

Or this one:

https://youtu.be/OlTUUvlwNw4

Don't forgot if you don't pull for another one, the very next ticket or daily summon you do will be a Reberta. It is known.

Ken

should have made alt accounts that only farmed for kelsus and kept an awakened and leveled one up as companion

jnWake

People speculating about enhancements to units we already know, but what about the Global Exclusives? Yun is older than Emperor/Queen and could use an enhancement (and a 2nd summon opportunity).

jnWake

Yun could use enhancements to his trait that raises attack, to Raging Bird and to Blazing Combo.

EDIT: Maybe Ling too. Guess both will get enhancements on next January...

Muku

To be honest, I've never been a Dragoon fan. Jump is just not a mechanic that has ever interested me. I just don't tend to like the way DRGs work. Yeah, the damage is nice in the video... but who is to say they don't nerf that next patch or any patch along the way. (I guess coming from WoW, I'm always expecting the "That is unintended gameplay!")

And will the shards change? Do we even know that?

TBH, only want a Reberta to use these Moogles on. Ugh.

Shouta

I used my moogles in JP to get the Genji Glove. I hit the stat cap with Tidus as a result, lol. 1183 attack right now. That'll go down when I respec my Ifrit after he's leveled but getting close to 1200 is nice.

Syntsui

I used my moogles in JP to get the Genji Glove. I hit the stat cap with Tidus as a result, lol. 1183 attack right now. That'll go down when I respec my Ifrit after he's leveled but getting close to 1200 is nice.
What is the cap %? That's so low compared to Cloud and he only has 10 more base ATK.

Shouta

What is the cap %? That's so low compared to Cloud and he only has 10 more base ATK.

This is Dual-Wield, not Doublehand. Doublehand tops out at about 1650-1700 while Dual-wield is about 1200 or so, I believe.

DW and DH have separate caps which is why DH can get so high, it has access to both.

Syntsui

This is Dual-Wield, not Doublehand. Doublehand tops out at about 1650-1700 while Dual-wield is about 1200 or so, I believe.
So this % cap of how much stuff you can stack is not universal? Considering there is a cap of how much bonus ATK you can stack, shouldn't they just hit it earlier rather than be overall stronger?

Just saw your edit, I see, that explains it. Interesting how we are already not that far from the DW cap here in global.

To be honest, I've never been a Dragoon fan. Jump is just not a mechanic that has ever interested me. I just don't tend to like the way DRGs work. Yeah, the damage is nice in the video... but who is to say they don't nerf that next patch or any patch along the way. (I guess coming from WoW, I'm always expecting the "That is unintended gameplay!")

And will the shards change? Do we even know that?

TBH, only want a Reberta to use these Moogles on. Ugh.

Back on that bahumut raid I pulled so damn hard for Reberta and it's one of my biggest regrets in the entire game. I got her and the TM, but I've never used her at all and don't intend to. I don't think jump mechanics are good in Exvius at all.

Does anyone know if leveling someones LB as a 5* that can become a 6* takes less lb exp?

I know that as a 4* it takes far less. This is for giving lb pots to Rikku obviously. I didn't awaken her until I leveled hers to 15, and now as a 5* star it can go to 20. So should Ievel it to 20 before her final 6* awaken where it can max at 25?

Andvary

Shouta

So this % cap of how much stuff you can stack is not universal? Considering there is a cap of how much bonus ATK you can stack, shouldn't they just hit it earlier rather than be overall stronger?

Just saw your edit, I see, that explains it. Interesting how we are already not that far from the DW cap here in global.

So there are two types of equippable attack bonuses in the game. There's the stat bonuses which come from passives and X attack up when equipped with X type of weapon. This is calculated off your base stat after pots. The cap for it is 300%. So say you have a unit with 150 base attack and you have 300% attack, their attack would be 600 without gear or anything.

For Doublehand, it is bonus given to you based on your equipment's attack values in exchange for only having one attack per turn and losing the off-hand slot. This is also capped at 300%.

GL is still a ways from cap because you can't stack the stronger materias, I think. Most folks should be capping around 210~240% right now unless I'm forgetting another 50% TM like Blade Mastery and Large Sword Mastery.

Syntsui

Most of the Orlandus here, for example, have 50% from Large Sword Mastery, 50% from Blade Mastery, 2x 30% from ATK materias, 10% from Genji Glove and 15% from Brave Suit. The rest comes from raw stats of the equipments.

He also has innate 30% from his passive for a total of 215% considering everything we have available. With Werei's TM we should get more 20% bonuses totalling 235% so we are still needing 65% of bonuses to cap him.

There will be our exclusive accessory (I think it will be an accessory) Navigator V, which could bring the bonus up to 275%.

What TMs am I missing that could help round up the bonus to 300%? There is Lorraine's TM that could take Genji Glove spot, but that would bring the bonus to a total of 295% still.

I don't even want to count the Dominion Ring because that's not realistic for non masochists lol.

tuffymon

Oh that completely messes things up. Werei is 40% and he will take the place of 2 of ours 30% materias so we will gain 20% ATK of 2 copies of him.

Will his stack?

You can use Dark Veritas for 30% gsword and 30% heavy armor, swap from katana to sword (with a higher dps) and use dks... thats a little lose on the body, but flat attack and dark veritas make up some of it?

SeanTSC

Don't forget that a Killer Materia is almost always better than a +Atk materia and we now can have one of every single type. Should pretty much assume that that last slot will be taken up by one.

Syntsui

Will his stack?

You can use Dark Veritas for 30% gsword and 30% heavy armor, swap from katana to sword (with a higher dps) and use dks... thats a little lose on the body, but flat attack and dark veritas make up some of it?
I don't see why he wouldn't stack, his materia is just like pretty much all 30% materias we already have. But you never know with Gumi, I guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dark Veritas, so we would get 25% by the time he comes. We would have to get rid of the Katanas and adopt some sword, preferably neutral.

Right now:
15% Brave Suit
50% Blade Mastery
50% Large Sword Mastery
30% whatever ATK materia
30% Whatever ATK materia

When D. Veritas comes:
50% with Dark Knight Soul
50% Large Sword Mastery
60% With Dark Veritas TM
40% Werei

Don't forget that a Killer Materia is almost always better than a +Atk materia and we now can have one of every single type. Should pretty much assume that that last slot will be taken up by one.
Good point, the final damage would be higher even with lower apparent ATK. So in a BiS build, a Killer Materia would take Werei's materia slot.

Rixa

Expedition:
81 Relics Collected

-> Success
84 Relics Collected
Check Achievement status 84 Relics

-> Go to inbox claim Reward (3 Relics in chest + item)
Check Achievement status 84 Relics

Not sure if it mark the items you get from Expedition already acquired too (before you claim chest).

Is that a bug or a "feature".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mine was Wilhelm too. Going to build him awesome tank. If everything goes by plan its done next week.

I mean it wouldnt be so bad if i had at least one of the other Meta Top Tier DMG dealers....but without them getting him, after i just 6* my WoL is just brutal.

Rixa

I mean it wouldnt be so bad if i had at least one of the other Meta Top Tier DMG dealers....but without them getting him, after i just 6* my WoL is just brutal.

Yeah, kinda slap in the face:

* Here have 6* WoL
-> Oo I have shiny WoL finally maxxed at 100

* Few days later pulls another top tier tank.
-> :( :( :(

Syntsui

Kelsus strategy is legit, my jump was 50% stronger with them:

2x Rebertas using Crimson Death deal around 4m damage against the training dummy. 13 hits chain.

2x Rebertas using Crimson Death together with 2x Kelsus deal around 6m damage. 24 hits chain..

Both of the Rebertas had around 850ATK while I tested this, but after using Rage Thrust to set up the Crimson Death, they had about 1k attack.

No Imperils or elements were used and I don't have a stronger buff available.

Edit: Tested it against the Mog King and... Reberta is still a joke, this won't be viable by any means without Gumi fixing jumps, imperil applied and 100%+ buffs.

fionel

[JP] They say the &#24187;&#37489; you get from chocobo quests can be fed to summons to gain SPs, but I couldn't find a way to do so. Bug or WIP feature?

Rixa

Kelsus strategy is legit, my jump was 50% stronger with them:

2x Rebertas using Crimson Death deal around 4m damage against the training dummy. 13 hits chain.

2x Rebertas using Crimson Death together with 2x Kelsus deal around 6m damage. 24 hits chain..

Both of the Rebertas had around 850ATK while I tested this, but after using Rage Thrust to set up the Crimson Death, they had about 1k attack.

No Imperils or elements were used and I don't have a stronger buff available.

Edit: Tested it against the Mog King and... Reberta is still a joke, this won't be viable by any means without Gumi fixing jumps, imperil applied and 100%+ buffs.

I need to test this with 2 Noctis when I can summon 2nd Kelsus.

Dandte

I just did some calculations after looking over randis enhancements. Even on global he should be decent.

Only Problem is...i still need to finish tmr farming 3 shines, 1 bartz, 2 gafgarions and 1 ramza. But then he will be great haha.

Celegus

Rikku #3 for daily today, geez! Hope my 4* luck is this good for the XII banner. Definitely keeping 2 for chaining but I don't think I really need a third Rikku.

Rixa

Rikku #3 for daily today, geez! Hope my 4* luck is this good for the XII banner. Definitely keeping 2 for chaining but I don't think I really need a third Rikku.

I got daily Rikku too. Also its my 3rd. I will farm Rikku's tm. But I wont start before banner has gone and daily pulls aint free. The more I have Rikku's the faster it is to get her tm :D.

3 Is overkill, 2 might be ok if one wants to chain. But Ill aim for one.

Kouriozan

Today was Vivi.
Also got a message while starting the game but it never loaded (did wait 10 min) and now it's never showing anymore, I hope it wasn't the answer to my in-game support ticket. Checked in-game support too but there is only my message there.

c-murph

I got daily Rikku too. Also its my 3rd. I will farm Rikku's tm. But I wont start before banner has gone and daily pulls aint free. The more I have Rikku's the faster it is to get her tm :D.

3 Is overkill, 2 might be ok if one wants to chain. But Ill aim for one.

or you can get five rikkus and run all five for five tms!

Dandte

Today was Vivi.
Also got a message while starting the game but it never loaded (did wait 10 min) and now it's never showing anymore, I hope it wasn't the answer to my in-game support ticket. Checked in-game support too but there is only my message there.

Blank spce with a close button? You should see the same in the jpn version. It's some sort of a "newsletter".

Rixa

or you can get five rikkus and run all five for five tms!

Thing is. I dont have accessory slots to slap 5 tm's :p.
Not even sure I have one heh :D. But I will make one just in case.
Next tm team will be:

Leo (80% already from copies)
4x Elle

After those maybe 3 Rikku's or more if I get more copies. Dunno what 2 slots are, hopefully not any single TM. Iam now doing 5 single TM's its so slow :/.

Kouriozan

Blank spce with a close button? You should see the same in the jpn version. It's some sort of a "newsletter".

Yeah it reminded me on the friend level summary of the in JP day but didn't load. It's probably nothing anyway.

EDIT : on MEmu it's showing that Amazon coins thingy in news -> event info

Alkez

Yeah I haven't had anything back on my support ticket either, both in game and in e-mail. I'll wait till the end of the day then send another. I got that blank message too though.

For the great strategists of the board, I never got the "no items" and "5 unit party" rewards from the Echidna trial, and I was hoping to pick those up now that I have a much more solid crew. There are plenty of strategies out there, but none of them really worked for me. I was hoping that since I now have Tidus, Tilith, and Rikku that I could finally pick those up.

Any revamped strategy ideas out there with the new units? Or should I just go with one of the older guides and give it a whirl (for the twentieth time or so)?

Rixa

For the great strategists of the board, I never got the "no items" and "5 unit party" rewards from the Echidna trial, and I was hoping to pick those up now that I have a much more solid crew. There are plenty of strategies out there, but none of them really worked for me. I was hoping that since I now have Tidus, Tilith, and Rikku that I could finally pick those up.

Any revamped strategy ideas out there with the new units? Or should I just go with one of the older guides and give it a whirl (for the twentieth time or so)?

If you can wait ~4 days. I could offer tank to help your 5 man quest.
Tho I guess WoL 6* could be enough. (I don't know cause mine is still max 5*) :D.

I have that mag 30% item to get from that trial (Defeat Echidna with an esper-> Echidna's Kiss).

Errr.... nevermind. Just went in with Rokuren's Fryevia and totally trashed her. I mean... not even a remote contest. Tilith's full heal and Rikku's LB pretty much made the fight a cakewalk.

Rixa

Errr.... nevermind. Just went in with Rokuren's Fryevia and totally trashed her. I mean... not even a remote contest. Tilith's full heal and Rikku's LB pretty much made the fight a cakewalk.

Oh. Such a powercreep. Not so surprisingly that Echidnas Kiss is tied to esper kill (I hate those).

That problem you have when both Orlandeau are maxed out with ATK Pots, your other units are WoL, Rem and Tilith and you have (27) ATK worth of ATK pots left.

Kouriozan

I meant for Ultros, not Echidna~ Either way, your choice.
Uttros has Rod Mastery, alongside the shield.
That problem you have when both Orlandeau are maxed out with ATK Pots, your other units are WoL, Rem and Tilith and you have (27) ATK worth of ATK pots left.
Have the same problem, and even with MAG pots.
Well I did get Fohlen so I could use some of them, before that I gave a few to Lasswell as it was clogging my inventory haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom