• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

- Still haven't attempted Gilgamesh trial yet, not sure what I'm waiting for, but still grinding away for misc. crap on the Type-0 event. I have my strategy planned out already though, going to try to go for 5 members/no items on a first run. Will probably fail.

In the exact same situation. I just don't have the time for that kind of time sink, but i guess i should do it before the raid starts.

I did some research and I almost have enough gold to enhance all the characters and abilites I want, which will cost me around 9,5m. As far as priority goes, I think the most important enhancements for me will be (even though they won't be released at the same time):

1xRamza (song of hero)
2x Agrias (holy explosion)
2x Gilgamesh (weapon collector and tri-attack)
1x Firion (legend killer and fin briar).

Which characters do you guys pretend to enhance?

Btw unless you're using Agrias purely for chaining purposes you may want to enhance the skill that gives her innate great sword mastery.

I just realized something. I have played this since Global launch and I have never had the sound on. Literally I have no clue what the music and sound is like. Is it any good? Lol

I think the ost is really good personally. I've been playing this track the last few days whenever I've been doing some writing. It usually plays during the emotional moments. This and the esper music Lyrian linked are my two favourite tracks.

The Beast Cestus doesn't have innate Beast Killer, right?

I'm also thinking of breaking out my Yun for the raid but I only have one dual wield...

Lyrian

This and the esper music Lyrian linked are my two favourite tracks.

That's a good non-battle theme.

Been awhile since I looked at the upcoming music tracks to be released on Global from Nazta's playlist.

The next few tracks after where Global is at the moment is a bunch of re-vamped old music from the original release, getting significant upgrades.

For example, Revamped trash fight story mode music. Footnotes seems to suggest that the upgrade comes with the enhancement patch, which Exvius Wiki is suggesting is May-ish.

Think I also found the endboss music for the Season One finale. If so, wasn't that impressed, a shame.

Xion86

If you have a maxed out Cecil, there's no reason you'd have to drop him from your party. 74% ATK/DEF/SPR is the best buff in the game outside of Ramza unless you have to run a bunch of mages. Just toss Dualcast on Cecil and he'll be a pseudo-support/healer that works with your primary healer.

Well that's good to hear :). Also had no idea how good Ace's LB was, haven't used him too much after the first Type-0 event, may look into leveling that next, or Noctis hmm.

There's a potential gumi gacha fuckup debacle boiling up on right now on reddit. Seems like people have been getting disproportionally more Sheras than usual, as if someone had forgotten his rate-up on from the previous banner.

I've been getting unusually many Sheras as well.

Yup, I've been getting FAR too many the past week, majority of Daily pulls are turning out to be Shera.

Celegus

In the exact same situation. I just don't have the time for that kind of time sink, but i guess i should do it before the raid starts.
I guess it depends on your team, but I think it only took 15 minutes tops for the actual fight, definitely took longer to prepare though if you're not sure who to take in. And the raid uses its own energy, not the regular bar.
The Beast Cestus doesn't have innate Beast Killer, right?

I'm also thinking of breaking out my Yun for the raid but I only have one dual wield...

Right, but the Tamer's Whip from the CNY event does have it. You can also buy a Werebuster mace for him that has it. I guess you could actually get 4x beast killer on him (or Firion) but I don't want to give up my Kaiser Knuckle.

Just realized I hit rank 100, woot!

Also +1 to the awesome music, you missing out hippo! The original stuff is great, and there's also a few times (like the mine cart sequence) that use old music and makes me so very happy.

Sounds like I need to turn the sound on lol. I can't believe I have gone this whole time not even realizing or paying attention to it not being there. Especially since I typically love FF music.

Ken

I turned off the audio after I started tm farming and also cause the audio bugs out in Memu. When I play on phone sometimes I turn on audio though.

Also I hope we get some 3.0+ ffxiv content in the future. Some of those music tracks are 👌

greyshark

I didn't fare so well on banner units for the Type 0 banner but the Gilgamesh one was great - got all the Bartz's I wanted (and some extra ExDeaths I didn't).

NomarTyme

Someone please confirm if we will have INT Maze by then. If so, no need to waste space for pots.
I'm not saving my mini ones, I'm just saving my medium ones.
Rikku's LB doesn't need leveling.

Out of the current ones the standout one is probably Ling with her decrease fire resistance (74%).

Upcoming Y'shtola has a nice LB, Tidus' will prob be worth leveling too.

I give Yshtola some love.

I guess it depends on your team, but I think it only took 15 minutes tops for the actual fight, definitely took longer to prepare though if you're not sure who to take in. And the raid uses its own energy, not the regular bar.

Right, but the Tamer's Whip from the CNY event does have it. You can also buy a Werebuster mace for him that has it. I guess you could actually get 4x beast killer on him (or Firion) but I don't want to give up my Kaiser Knuckle.

Just realized I hit rank 100, woot!

Also +1 to the awesome music, you missing out hippo! The original stuff is great, and there's also a few times (like the mine cart sequence) that use old music and makes me so very happy.
Yea I remember the Tamer Whip having it but I never managed to get that... Got a Werebuster. I'll try both Yun and Firion for the raid...

Broseybrose

Yun and Firion should both do very well in this Raid I would imagine. Also Randi.

Actually I think I just figured out my 3 damage dealers.

Yun and Firion can both use the whip as well as werebusters so would it stack if you were to have one of them dual wield both weapons? Innate 2 weapons plus Ifrit could be 4 if the weapons stack.

Do you really think a 25 atk weapon like werebuster is viable just for an extra beast killer effect?

I mean, if beast killer gives you a 150% damage modifier, then thats only 37.5 atk.

Obviously I dont understand how the math on these killer effects work.

It seems like the thinking is forget your atk and just stack as many killer effects as you can.

But I would love to know how its actually calculated.

All I know is Im glad to have Firion maxed and waiting!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
lemme get this straight

in the past week we're talking noobs about of fusing noctii and whales out of fusing olives? got it.

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

Syntsui

Do you really think a 25 atk weapon like werebuster is viable just for an extra beast killer effect?

I mean, if beast killer gives you a 150% damage modifier, then thats only 37.5 atk.

Obviously I dont understand how the math on these killer effects work.

It seems like the thinking is forget your atk and just stack as many killer effects as you can.

But I would love to know how its actually calculated.

All I know is Im glad to have Firion maxed and waiting!

I think the modifier is on the actual damage the character does in-game, not on the weapon's ATK.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ok so i've tried to clear gilgamesh twice w/o a friend and just couldn't pull it off. here was my plan:

FIRE + LIGHT: noctis - excalibur / chirijiraden / lightning flask / fire flask / cover
FIRE + LIGHTNING: exdeath - thundaga/firaga/earthshaker
WIND: rain - survival edges / lava floor
refia - healing / raising
WATER: cecil - trident / buffing

Where did I go wrong? I got further the first time, down to the 30% wipe. Next time I got to the 80% wipe. BLAMMO no chance.

I do have a Ling, who I might need for better MP support. And maybe I have to bring a friend, but i REAALLY want that +30% ATK.

across

i neglected maxing out firion in the last dunes. hopefully randi will be decent substitute :cry:

Firion should be a little better. Fin Briar > Slice Thrice, and Genji Blade + Tamer's Whip + Blade Mastery on Firion will beat the same setup on Randi (who needs a Sword in the mix to activate his 35% ATK passive). They both have 125% native Beast Killer.

Randi should still be able to put in solid work though. I'll be using both because I don't have any other relevant physical attackers!

Ken

ok so i've tried to clear gilgamesh twice w/o a friend and just couldn't pull it off. here was my plan:

FIRE + LIGHT: noctis - excalibur / chirijiraden / lightning flask / fire flask / cover

Where did I go wrong? I got further the first time, down to the 30% wipe. Next time I got to the 80% wipe. BLAMMO no chance.

I do have a Ling, who I might need for better MP support. And maybe I have to bring a friend, but i REAALLY want that +30% ATK.

it would help to know what caused the wipe? like rain covering for the instant death?

also my MVPs for that fight was DW bartz with golem staff, coral sword, and water blade. covering those three elements for only 3 MP was good.

the other MVP was having 3 units with black belt or innate counter and DW so they could cover all 6 elements if all three countered.

Firion should be a little better. Fin Briar > Slice Thrice, and Genji Blade + Tamer's Whip + Blade Mastery on Firion will beat the same setup on Randi (who needs a Sword in the mix to activate his 35% ATK passive). They both have 125% native Beast Killer.

Randi should still be able to put in solid work though. I'll be using both because I don't have any other relevant physical attackers!

yeah i figured. pls give cactuar dunes every weekend gumi

Bartz > Rain. Rain gets killed because of cover. There are various ways to use Barts for elemental coverage. Can you replace Exdeath with another melee dps? Mages have low hp and this fight is all about survival. I'll setup my Noct once again for the Gilgamesh fight. IF, IF you can cover all elements I can stack Noct to have 800+ atk and 3 man eaters only covering fire. If you cannot cover all I can cover holy and fire for you with 2 man eaters. Post what other units you can use in place of exdeath. You need to stack HP as high as possible on all your units. Muscle Belts and HP materia > damage here. You let your friend Noctis do the bulk of the damage.

I used my own units to beat it:

Noct - holy/fire. 800+ atk, mana battery, and man eaters from Diablos and the fat chocobo materia.
Greg - wind, earth, water
Cecil tank - can't remember if gave him trident. Provoke, off heals, and tanking. As high hp as I could and I believe I gave him the black belt for countering.
Ling - water blade and wind dagger for back up coverage. Mana battery and mag break.
Refia - Using Ramuh for thunder coverage, heals, and rez.

You have all the tools to beat it. But you should use Ling.

I used: Noct, Cecil, Refia, Butz, and Ling.

Noct had Excal and Chiri equipped; he used Thunder Flask.

Butz had Golem Staff and Kaiser Knuckles equipped (but you could use the +wind dagger too) and used TM Water Blade.

Refia healed and, because DC and Ramuh, sometimes used Thunder when Noct used Cover or Comeback.

Cecil tanked.

Ling alternated Chakra and Invigorating Dance (+MP).

You got this.

Broseybrose

Butz had Golem Staff and Kaiser Knuckles equipped (but you could use the +wind dagger too) and used TM Water Blade.

Refia healed and, because DC and Ramuh, sometimes used Thunder when Noct used Cover or Comeback.

Cecil tanked.

You got this.

I havent tried the trial yet, but this is exactly how Im going to do it. With these exact units and strategy. Thanks for laying it out.

Muku

Anything else that I should get from Odin? I got Bladeblitz, Undead Killer, and Dragon Killer.

Edit: Good to see this will be another epeen fest on raid for the rank rewards. -_-;

I have a Firion on my leveling bench, so he's not ready. No Gilga either. Also no Golem Staff or Water Blade TM.

Golem Staff is a Gale Key away. Water Blade is a Village of Kol quest reward. You can get both of those really easily.

You could replace either of them with ... really, any 6* that can DW, I think.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I mean, Lightning and Luneth are the only 6*s that have innate DW, and I don't have either. And my only DW is on Noctis for Excal + Chiri.

(not trying to be annoying, just looking for an alternative to your really good plan here)

I mean, Lightning and Luneth are the only 6*s that have innate DW, and I don't have either. And my only DW is on Noctis for Excal + Chiri.

(not trying to be annoying, just looking for an alternative to your really good plan here)

Tell us what you need, and we can make it a friend unit for you. We'll get you the Atk+30%.

tuffymon

I have a Gilga with 811 attack, Fire / Light / Wind if that's what would fill in the blank for you~

My Lightning while lower was Fire / Lightning / Water if you'd rather that~

bonkeng

Replace Exdeath and Rain with Ling and a friend Noctis or Greg that seals 3 elements.

Water and Earth are the least of your problem. Have at least 2 units that can seal fire, light, thunder and wind.

Your Noctis (Diabolos, Thunder Flask) and Refia (Ramuh, Heal, Support, occasional Thunder) should be fine.

Ling with Survival Edge + any blade skill you need.

Cecil with Trident + any blade skill you need.

Friend Noctis or Greg that covers the element you need.

And most important of all, get your unit's hp as high as possible. Don't worry about atk stats. HP stats will win you this trial.

Invite me if you have room. I can set up an optimal unit to complement your team.

340 155 644

bonkeng

Dammit, got wiped again. Honestly not sure what happened -- the moment he hits Gilgamesh Transform I get destroyed.

Before you hit the threshold, invoke Golem, or at least Embolden or Cecil's LB.

You sealed all elements before Greg transformed?

Btw, how much hp does your units have? If less than 5k, this will be hard for you.

across

Dammit, got wiped again. Honestly not sure what happened -- the moment he hits Gilgamesh Transform I get destroyed.

- Are you keeping him MAG broken? A lot of his damage is hybrid so it helps.
- Anyone with (in my experience - SPR/DEF values will change these requirements, but it's a good rule of thumb) 4500 HP or less may want to consider defending on turns you're pushing him past a threshold.
- Golem considerably reduces the amount of damage you take. You don't need to seal any elements before the 80% threshold (except Holy, but it doesn't really matter) so you could very well spend that first section of the fight just auto-attacking to rustle up summon orbs.
- Edit: I'm dumb. Make sure you have DEF/SPR buffs up before the threshold, too!

tuffymon

If you have all elements covered and want to just get the 6 man clear first, I can always swap to NocTank, what a monster~ Dies to death, but who doesnt? >.>;

Rixa

So I'm still new to this game, and I'm currently trying to get a feel for how to make a suitable party. I've been playing around for a few days and have made decent strides in story progression, but need some help preparing for end game. I've just messed with my party a bit, and it's looking like it's currently:

Firion 3* - Just got him and started leveling
Snow 4* - Up to level 37
Agrias 4* - Love the LB
Exdeath 3* - I for some reason got 3 of him on first couple pulls.
Luka 4* - My main healer for a while

Also have a Bartz, Warrior of Light, Rydia, Garnet, Gaffgarion, Hope, Rosa. I got up to Miasmatic Grotto. Any help would be appreciated.

Thats nice party. At some point you want to level your WoL (when he gets 6* awaken). Luka is nice healer to have. But on Friday we get Raid that last 2 weeks. Try to do it so much that you either pull Y'shtola or get enough points to acquire her from rewards.

Y'shtola will be your main healer.

All in all focus your main party and do the story forward and do Colosseum instead of Arena. Use raid orbs to raid when raid starts, you get points even you lose to Raid Boss (Ifrit).

pull a Dark Fina

Haha hilarious :D

Cecil tanked.

You got this.

I really want to get the attack reward too. What strategy to use ?

My team
Cecil
Refia
Bartz with dualwield
Exdeath

I don't have wind dagger for Bartz. Golem staff yes. Should I use Excalibur?

Plus friend unit. I have plenty of noctis 800-900 plus friend unit including zera and bongkeng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom