• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I do not have Dual Cast on Refia.... I am at 16% 16.5% 7.3% and 25.2% on those units for Dual cast... so getting very close
I have Sonic knuckles but NOT kaiser yet. working on getting one and are very close to for one kaiser 23.5% 26% and 14.7% the 4th Xiao is 0% as I just got her.

At this point you might as well wait until you have Y'shtola, Minfilia and some Thancred TMRs from FF XIV raid.

Tomorrow will be the last day I share Queen. Friday morning I'll switch to Yun.

I need to figure out what I have to put on him. I have a DW to put on him, so I guess I need to see what other Beast Killer stuff I have he can use. I'll do what I can to make him worthwhile for folks.

EDIT: just to have it covered, basically put Werebuster and Ifrit on Yun and call it a day? I didn't get the tamer's whip, unfortunately. I've got Thorned mace for the other weapon for him, at least.

across

With the raid this week and FFZ-2 ending, that would mean a free week for TM farming, I think?

Yup. Been a week and a half of uninterrupted TM farming for me, save 3 ELT runs per day for the daily quest. Then another week of TM farming while the raid's rolling. No high priority TMs left in the queue, but that means I can just let the macro roll while I play BotW and not really worry about it.

Back-to-back banners I don't want to pull on (Gilgamesh/Player's Choice) means I'm "up" 3500 lapis, too. Coasting is nice from time to time. Calm before the storm...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some more strong friend characters could help. I breeze through most of the story content until I get to that areas boss, then it's like hitting a difficulty wall full on.

If you want to add me

Opening up free spots, will add more for Gaffers. Just make sure Gaf is in the message. Should see an 880 ATK Noctis

077 602 847

Nikokuno

I regret not putting one or two more run to get Yun's whip, but I pull the guy (while chasing Ling) right after the end of the event. Now, event if I don't get the utility of the reward, still gonna try to get it just in case.

Pejo

FYI he used black belt on Cecil so the counter attack would seal wind.

Holy shit, that's a great idea...what turn does the counter attack count for? I never even thought of that.

*edit* Never mind, stupid question. I do have a real question though - Do you need to seal on threshold rounds too, or are those unnecessary to seal?

I think my next project is building an Evade Noctis. Couple of questions. Does 20 Sided Die stack? If so would it be better for 2 of those or his ring and one of the dice? Would probably go 3 Quick Assault, and 2 of the accessories whichever combo is better. Outside of those, and the Cloak from Dracu Lass anything else that I could put on him?

If you want to add me

Opening up free spots, will add more for Gaffers. Just make sure Gaf is in the message. Should see an 880 ATK Noctis

077 602 847

Sent, you should see one by the name of Jet. I accidentally added it before I realized you mentioned to attach a message.

Mine is 737,852,652

I think my next project is building an Evade Noctis. Couple of questions. Does 20 Sided Die stack? If so would it be better for 2 of those or his ring and one of the dice? Would probably go 3 Quick Assault, and 2 of the accessories whichever combo is better. Outside of those, and the Cloak from Dracu Lass anything else that I could put on him?

It does indeed stack as far as I can remember

damn this strategy went better than I thought it would...
had him down to 60 % and made a fatal error, warp break and didnt think I would damage him enough to trigger that crazy attack... whiped my team.

will try again soon once Energy has recovered. I think this can be done really...

damn this strategy went better than I thought it would...
had him down to 60 % and made a fatal error, warp break and didnt think I would damage him enough to trigger that crazy attack... whiped my team.

will try again soon once Energy has recovered. I think this can be done really...

Yeah just failed my first go as well

rebuilding my team at the moment and trying to figure out a better way

Celegus

Holy shit, that's a great idea...what turn does the counter attack count for? I never even thought of that.

*edit* Never mind, stupid question. I do have a real question though - Do you need to seal on threshold rounds too, or are those unnecessary to seal?

No you can safely ignore elements if you're SURE you'll put him over the threshold. Generally I tried to summon Golem (and make sure Provoke is already up), warp break with Noctis to put him over, and defend with everyone else. Makes recovering very easy and nobody but the tank should die. I also ran Cecil with black belt (and dual wield just cause I had an extra) but sealing via counters is lovely and can free him up to use focus or curaja or provoke, highly recommend. Just make sure to pay attention when he counters (and if you have anyone else that counters) since there's not a way to check what elements are currently sealed.

Pejo

No you can safely ignore elements if you're SURE you'll put him over the threshold. Generally I tried to summon Golem (and make sure Provoke is already up), warp break with Noctis to put him over, and defend with everyone else. Makes recovering very easy and nobody but the tank should die. I also ran Cecil with black belt (and dual wield just cause I had an extra) but sealing via counters is lovely and can free him up to use focus or curaja or provoke, highly recommend. Just make sure to pay attention when he counters (and if you have anyone else that counters) since there's not a way to check what elements are currently sealed.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I'm thinking of lots of ways to make counter work now. Like throw one on Noctis, so that I can safely use Cover or Thunder Flask when he procs a counter for Fire/Light.

What's general damage per round of Gilgamesh? Like would 5000+ HP for every character have a pretty good survival rate?

Celegus

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I'm thinking of lots of ways to make counter work now. Like throw one on Noctis, so that I can safely use Cover or Thunder Flask when he procs a counter for Fire/Light.

What's general damage per round of Gilgamesh? Like would 5000+ HP for every character have a pretty good survival rate?

That's what my team was at and should be perfectly fine, though try to get Cecil as high as possible (mine was 7k or so). He had so many other duties to fill that I never used any of the element blade materia I stuck on him, so I'd fill his slots with as much HP as you can. Dual Cast Refia was MVP though, it'll be much harder if you don't have that.

Muku

Thanks for help guys. + the link. I'm honestly one of the most anti video people ever. When it comes to something simple where it can be put in list form, I'd rather a written thing. XD I like getting to the point instead of figuring out where that is.

I went ahead this morning, before reading this, just went and picked up Fingersnap. Can't get Lance as I got all the ATK. But I don't regret anything. Not sure what Valentus' figures to pick up, but it's all good. I got everything I personally thought would be good.

Capped Odin this morning. Yay! One level short of capping Shiva now as well. Then all I have left is Carbuncle lv 32 and Diabolos lv 30. Won't be able to finish it before raid I think, but it's okay. To be honest, I'm not even sure how much of this raid crap I'm going to do. Just not feeling in the mood for it. But then again I feel like the raid stuff is epeen stuff anyway, so it's meh.

Come Friday I'm going to start sharing Yun on Ifrit. Will be stocking him with DW and using Werebuster + Winged Saint. Won't be anywhere near as awesome as others I'm sure, but I hope he'll be useful to someone.

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduAM2MZ9kjQ5QIYIgUgII3FPV3fveV3zmLQ5Rmcc6tD6vlfo81eI-Y8mq9F7uHMe1VOqPjswx1Sc3Xto4IHSWDCGRR3RBmx0dEQQD3m3BmgD6lWbObdXObwPoJWwSrUSStEsgNVoRvz9WpCfo.rUdhn8VHCNijM3esU3iovUSMBHU

Awwwww yeah

Second Try went so much better!

Congrats man!!

what did change and how did your team look like?

Cecil - Counter with Wind. Having counter is HUGE. Free seals and lots of LB crystals and Esper orbs. Paramount to making the trial easier. He was basically free to do whatever when counter went off so I would have him use his LB a lot, help heal, Provoke, and Mirage vest to ease the healing burden

Elza - Gave her Thunder Spear, Holy Lance and Stone Blade. Something cool about Elza. Dark Favor allows her to act immediately after death since it revives her the same turn that she dies. So in prep for a threshold attack I would Dark favor the turn before. Then she is free to Madness rush to help make sure I pushed a threshold and not worry about her dying

Ling - MVP. Had Air Knife and Ifrit esper for Wind/Fire backup but she spent the majority of her time as a Mana battery. Invigorating Dance/Chakra loops. Once in awhile I would have her cover an element or throw out the MAG debuff when needed. She is so useful and I had her at 50% evasion. Also gave her water blade but barely used it and just ate the water attacks.

Refia - Dedicated Dual Cast healer and Thunder backup with Ramuh. Pretty simple role she basicaly did nothing else

Addie's 45% evade Noctis with 900 atk and Excal/Chiri. Everyone is basically sharing the Noctis setup but having a Noctis with Quick attacks, his ring, the die, or evade tms is REALLY helpful to mitigate damage. Friend Noctis is basically DPS and sealing. I mostly had him do regular attacks.

Strat? Inch damage along (why I had noctis use regular attacks) until you get close to threshold. If you take long enough you can build Golem esper and Cecil LB

Make sure both are up before you go for the threshold cross. Defend with anyone that isnt going to DPS that turn since you dont need seals. I still sealed on the last threshold cuz I didnt know if I would reliably cross or not.

Once you recover from all 3 thresholds and have a rythym its actually not bad

Got him to a sliver and poped Elza and Noctis LB with buffs and boom

Cecil - Counter with Wind. Having counter is HUGE. Free seals and lots of LB crystals and Esper orbs. Paramount to making the trial easier. He was basically free to do whatever when counter went off so I would have him use his LB a lot, help heal, Provoke, and Mirage vest to ease the healing burden

Elza - Gave her Thunder Spear, Holy Lance and Stone Blade. Something cool about Elza. Dark Favor allows her to act immediately after death since it revives her the same turn that she dies. So in prep for a threshold attack I would Dark favor the turn before. Then she is free to Madness rush to help make sure I pushed a threshold and not worry about her dying

Ling - MVP. Had Air Knife and Ifrit esper for Wind/Fire backup but she spent the majority of her time as a Mana battery. Invigorating Dance/Chakra loops. Once in awhile I would have her cover an element or throw out the MAG debuff when needed. She is so useful and I had her at 50% evasion. Also gave her water blade but barely used it and just ate the water attacks.

Refia - Dedicated Dual Cast healer and Thunder backup with Ramuh. Pretty simple role she basicaly did nothing else

Addie's 45% evade Noctis with 900 atk and Excal/Chiri. Everyone is basically sharing the Noctis setup but having a Noctis with Quick attacks, his ring, the die, or evade tms is REALLY helpful to mitigate damage. Friend Noctis is basically DPS and sealing. I mostly had him do regular attacks.

Strat? Inch damage along (why I had noctis use regular attacks) until you get close to threshold. If you take long enough you can build Golem esper and Cecil LB

Make sure both are up before you go for the threshold cross. Defend with anyone that isnt going to DPS that turn since you dont need seals. I still sealed on the last threshold cuz I didnt know if I would reliably cross or not.

Cool thanks. those units are all good for this trial it seems, unfortunately I dont have Ling or Elza.

when you say COUNTER with Cecil your talking Black belt right?

Muku

No reason not to give Cecil a Black Belt in general. Has come in handy since I originally put it on him. No reason to remove it from him. In fact, I got several of my other tanks one too, in case.

Syntsui

Leon TM is underwhelming as fuck, I feel cheated by myself for not reading it with attention. 30% ATK for a freaking sword is lame considering the best weapons are Greatswords.

Ken

Leon TM is underwhelming as fuck, I feel cheated by myself for not reading it with attention. 30% ATK for a freaking sword is lame considering the best weapons are Greatswords.

isn't it super good on luneth and gilgamesh though? since they can get the full 50% from DKS and then 50% from blade mastery

Pejo

That's what my team was at and should be perfectly fine, though try to get Cecil as high as possible (mine was 7k or so). He had so many other duties to fill that I never used any of the element blade materia I stuck on him, so I'd fill his slots with as much HP as you can. Dual Cast Refia was MVP though, it'll be much harder if you don't have that.

Yep, I have a DC Refia, she's awesome.

So I'm on my first run, didn't really make much of a strategy, this was just a dry run to see how the fight goes.

My group:

- Noctis - Cover/damage/2nd raise/ cover elements if someone goes down (damn he is just so versatile)
- Bartz - Water Blade with a lightning weapon. Mana battery when Refia/Rain get too low
- Rain - Lava Floor with Light and Wind weapons equipped, dual wield.
- Cecil - Survival Edge equipped with Black Belt, Provoke, LB at level 22
- Refia - Dual cast, lots of HP and Def equips/materia. 400+ MP and a ton of spirit

So far I have him down to about 40%, made it past 2 thresholds without preparing for them, and accidentally triggering them. I might be able to pull this off, but I have no doubt in my ability to screw something up at the end. Also, I >Have< to make sure I prepare for this threshold. I can't help but feel like I got stupid lucky on the first two.

Well, back at it. I'm at work so I can only play a little every so often. Makes this even more tense, if I'm being honest.

Azuran

Banned

Oh damn, I'm going to copy this because I have all of these units.

Syntsui

I isn't if I am forced to use Enhancer and lose the chain potention of a Excalibur or Deathbringer. My team is being built for a tri-attack chain from two Gilgamesh + whatever from Noctis or Firion, so meh.

For some reason I always neglected the ''sword'' aspect and thought I would do just fine with the usual Greatswords :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
isn't it super good on luneth and gilgamesh though? since they can get the full 50% from DKS and then 50% from blade mastery

Both Giglamesh and Luneth get % With Sword. Then add on the TM for an additional % With Sword + Heavy Armor(Demon Mail). It's why Ramza's TM isn't needed for those two. Leon's TM is much better in that case.

Celegus

Why does this work? I remember reading before that the Flasks ignore the element on the weapon and only hit with the chosen element.
Whatever said that was wrong, flasks take their own element plus whatever weapons you have equipped and counts for all of them.

Xion86

Ok gonna give this run one more shot and then I might need that video, Val. Love ya, buddy.

You can do this! :) and definitely check out Vals existing videos if you haven't done so for any tips you might pick up.

DrROBschiz, well done on your win :)

Why does this work? I remember reading before that the Flasks ignore the element on the weapon and only hit with the chosen element.

Whatever said that was wrong, flasks take their own element plus whatever weapons you have equipped and counts for all of them.

Yeah I used Noctis' Thunder Flask to seal his Thunder, definitely works. It's Lightnings move that doesn't work.

For any new players or GAF lurkers, I've got some more spaces due to inactives, so send over a request:

c0D6HSml.png

Pejo

Welp, I did it dudes! First try, not really prepared, and didn't safely pass a single threshold (triggered all 3 accidentally). All achievements in a single run. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely make some changes, but it's done! Noct is now up to 830 attack thanks to his shiny new toys.

I think the party I used is really good for this event, but Rain is a little unpredictable, and jumped in front of Cecil to cover a few times that I really wish he hadn't. If you don't have lots of options to recover from losing 4 elements, you might not want to use him. Surprisingly he was the worst unit to manage MP on as well, constantly running out even though he had Cover's MP regen on all the time and his skill only costs 20mp.

One thing that was awesome, though, was that Bartz, Cecil, and Rain all can and did frequently counter, which freed up a lot of options. I ended up using only my own units, but if I did it again, I'd have taken the goodies off of my own Noctis, given my 2nd Dual Wield to Bartz for more coverage.

Man that was exciting as hell, the most exhilarated I've been in this game. There was even some added drama at the end, because I used Armiger, which took Gilgamesh down to 0 red health but didn't kill him, then the next set of attacks I had Cecil triple counter attack, but thank god it didn't kill him. Bartz and Rain used their LBs the final round and knocked him down. I'd have been super salty about it if that counter would have killed Gilgamesh after that run. He had to have less than 500 HP because that's all the damage that happened before the "OVERKILL!" text.

I'm on Cloud 9 right now, damn. I also realized I haven't done the last challenge yet for the Demon Mail, whoops.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok this time I got wiped but not until he was down around 20% and I definitely know the moment I lost control of this thing. My Cecil / provoke loop got broken right before I broke the 30% barrier, which got me in a revive / curaja loop I couldn't escape as I had to pick which terrible element to ignore. Could've done this easily with a 6th unit.

Btw: that Bonkeng Yun with Kaiser Knuckles and Tamer's whip is LEGIT. great unit, Bonk. Going for that exact build. Also useful!

Going to give it another shot soon. Will look for the right friend unit.

Current setup is
Noctis: Thunder / light / fire
Refia: dual curaja / full life / backup thunder
Ling: MP battery loop
(Empty)
friend: needs wind at least. An extra fire (like Yun with blazing attack) would be a sweet bonus.

Pejo

Nice one Pejo! Well done to you as well :)

Thanks! I'm looking up strats on the Demon Mail challenge, and nothing seems to include Ling, who looks like a no-brainer. Was she not out yet when this challenge was new?

I need to dig up the OT3 thread and see what the strategies were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom