• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Lance is good in a pinch in case something goes wrong. Maybe finger snap too for dispel on the pinch. The rest is never going to be used ever.

Skill tree here.
http://i.imgur.com/fwBSh0c.png

Thank you.

Hmm. Won't be able to get all. I figure that's what the colors are, right? Ones to get? I went all in on ATK. I regret nothing. But I'll take a look into seeing what I have at end and getting one of them. I haven't spent all my points up to this point, but won't have many more coming to me with 3 levels to go.

Nikokuno

Thank you.

Hmm. Won't be able to get all. I figure that's what the colors are, right? Ones to get? I went all in on ATK. I regret nothing. But I'll take a look into seeing what I have at end and getting one of them. I haven't spent all my points up to this point, but won't have many more coming to me with 3 levels to go.

Valentus made a video about the 'best' way to enhance Odin

Xion86

After weeks and weeks, finally a decent Daily pull!

Dsjeuqjl.png

Now I can get a second Bracer.

Valentus

Panther, do you still have troubles with gilga? If you want i can make a walkthrough vídeo with the units and equip you have .

Hope you can clear it soon buddy

kaitain19

Funny story: Only today I found out that bringing certain Type-0 units into the current event missions would increase the amount of White Phantomas you will earn. Man, I feel so stupid.

In any case, I've managed to get enough materials from King Mog to awaken Dark Fina to 6* and Luka to 5*

Funny story: Only today I found out that bringing certain Type-0 units into the current event missions would increase the amount of White Phantomas you will earn. Man, I feel so stupid.

In any case, I've managed to get enough materials from King Mog to awaken Dark Fina to 6* and Luka to 5*

awwww man

that suuuucckks

the event was already shitty to begin with lol

Xion86

In case Someone was wondering:

Tamers whip + kaiser knuckle (740k)

Genji Blade + kaiser knuckle (680k)

Nice! :)

Hmm I'm wondering if I'll have to skip the 30k Trust Moogle for the first time in these events. I've still got to grab:
MP +15%
All 10 Rare Summon Tickets
Stock up on a few Awakening materials.

Will see how I get on today.

H3xum

After about 80 failed attempts (more like 7-8) I have decided that I don't have the pieces I need to knock out all of the Gilg trial missions. Seems to be coming down to not having a mana battery (my daily reminder that I f'd up big time by not pulling Ling).

I have everyone over 4.8k HP at this point (Refia with Ramuh, Cecil with Golem, Bartz with Diablo and Firion with Odin) and good enough equips (Bartz with trident + excal, Firion with Chij + kaiser knucks and was generally taking a Noctis for redundant fire+holy coverage). I mean, there is a pretty good chance I am just dumb/bad at this game, but, I run out of mana often and any turn I take to try to address that generally means I am donezo. Plus I have had 2-3 times at 20% threshold where for whatever reason people other than Cecil die to the insta-KO then it is just overrrrr.

I think I am going to wait for Tilith 6* for the mana sustain before I try again. Assuming I am lucky enough to get her. That being said I feel like I could beat it with a full team, running a 2nd tank to throw those elixer candies at my Refia/friend Noctis but, I will feel like a loser without the 30% attk

Valentus

After about 80 failed attempts (more like 7-8) I have decided that I don't have the pieces I need to knock out all of the Gilg trial missions. Seems to be coming down to not having a mana battery (my daily reminder that I f'd up big time by not pulling Ling).

I have everyone over 4.8k HP at this point (Refia with Ramuh, Cecil with Golem, Bartz with Diablo and Firion with Odin) and good enough equips (Bartz with trident + excal, Firion with Chij + kaiser knucks and was generally taking a Noctis for redundant fire+holy coverage). I mean, there is a pretty good chance I am just dumb/bad at this game, but, I run out of mana often and any turn I take to try to address that generally means I am donezo. Plus I have had 2-3 times at 20% threshold where for whatever reason people other than Cecil die to the insta-KO then it is just overrrrr.

I think I am going to wait for Tilith 6* for the mana sustain before I try again. Assuming I am lucky enough to get her. That being said I feel like I could beat it with a full team, running a 2nd tank to throw those elixer candies at my Refia/friend Noctis but, I will feel like a loser without the 30% attk

Rosa is love, rosa is life

Can you put your equip more detailed please? Materias and stuff

Rixa

In case Someone was wondering:

Tamers whip + kaiser knuckle (740k)

Genji Blade + kaiser knuckle (680k)

Can you test same with Werebuster + Excalibur / STQ?
I didn't grab TW so now Iam wondering should I go with gs + katana (Bm) or WB + katana.

Ken

Bartz: I'd try giving him Coral Sword + Excalibur + Water Blade materia. Water Blade with Coral Sword will seal those three elements and WB only costs 3 MP. That way you don't have to rely on Thunderflask (though I still occasionally used Thunderflask for the MAG break on my Ling-less run)

You can also Life Giver to Refia on Threshold turns since you don't have to seal.

Got a daily bartz, so yay! I can TM farm two and fuse to save time for olive!

Beyond that really trying to get some lapis for player's choice. Gotta do dailies at least I need a Cecil!

Really not having a Cecil (and my old Ramza) are the only things I miss about my old account. Elza was replaced with olive, and I got new toys in Marie and actually got a Zidane! So I'm about even currently, but I haven't spent a dime on the new account and I still have the last third of olderion and all of zalbaad to go through.

Rixa

Bartz: I'd try giving him Coral Sword + Excalibur + Water Blade materia.

Before your post. I was wondering many times, how the fuck can unit wield 3 weapons:
Coral Sword
Excalibur
Water Blade

But as I wasn't focusing to Water at all I just left it behind. Now that you typed the materia word, I had to check wtf is that thing :D.

Ken

Before your post. I was wondering many times, how the fuck can unit wield 3 weapons:
Coral Sword
Excalibur
Water Blade

But as I wasn't focusing to Water at all I just left it behind. Now that you typed the materia word, I had to check wtf is that thing :D.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Water_Blade

There's a whole series of them too!!

Got a daily bartz, so yay! I can TM farm two and fuse to save time for olive!

Beyond that really trying to get some lapis for player's choice. Gotta do dailies at least I need a Cecil!

Really not having a Cecil (and my old Ramza) are the only things I miss about my old account. Elza was replaced with olive, and I got new toys in Marie and actually got a Zidane! So I'm about even currently, but I haven't spent a dime on the new account and I still have the last third of olderion and all of zalbaad to go through.

idk if i could give up an account with elza and ramza

H3xum

Bartz: I'd try giving him Coral Sword + Excalibur + Water Blade materia. Water Blade with Coral Sword will seal those three elements and WB only costs 3 MP. That way you don't have to rely on Thunderflask (though I still occasionally used Thunderflask for the MAG break on my Ling-less run) .

So with Coral Sword equipped and using water blade, it covers the lightening? Because I found out the hard way that just a straight up lightening weapon alone doesn't cover lightening haha

Ken

So with Coral Sword equipped and using water blade, it covers the lightening? Because I found out the hard way that just a straight up lightening weapon alone doesn't cover lightening haha

yup

water blade does hybrid damage so it counts

desverger

You can also use Stone Blade, which is what I did. I generally found the earth element a bit more annoying than water, but none of them are really lethal.

edit: However if you need a free turn at some point, you can also use Water Blade on someone. Sealing Water 3 times causes him to cast Break and do nothing else.

How are people under Rank 20 getting rank 6 characters? Is it a lucky pull or a whale or some kind of leveling system beyond enhancing that I'm not aware of?

How are people under Rank 20 getting rank 6 characters? Is it a lucky pull or a whale or some kind of leveling system beyond enhancing that I'm not aware of?

Money

I mean

If you are new you could burn a bunch of free pulls on a king mog banner. Have a friend unit carry you through PRO or ELT

Amass all the mats you need and gigantaurs to push a unit to 6 star fast

idk if i could give up an account with elza and ramza

It was hard, lot of good stuff there, BUT three month dry spell, no Zidane (after tons of pulls and hundreds of dollars) so none of my characters were really performing up to the standards others had.

I was just flat left behind, so I dumped that account (though it is tied to my Facebook account). I could always go back, but I'm having more fun with the F2P account I'm currently on then I ever did with that pay account.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Most likely rerolling till they get what they want, or multiple 5* units.

With a strong friend, they can plow through 95% of the content too. My Noctis can clear basically anything alone right now, but the Giglamesh trial and March of the Beasts.

Trying to setup my 5 men Team for Gilga Trial. will this be enough to beat him and should I change any equipment out for something else?

Team:
Rain
Bartz
Cecil
Refia

Rain: HP-5680 ATK-174 MP-162 DEF-368
Flametongue
Golden Shield
Grand Helm
Demon Mail
Water gods amulet
Vitality Apparatus

Abilities:
Guardians Authority
Destroyer Authority
HP +15%
HP +15%

ESPER: IFRIT

Bartz: HP-4530 ATK-250 MP-230 DEF-328

Trident or should I rock Dualwield with Coral sword/excalibur?
Flame Shield
Dark helm
Flame mail
Black belt
Defenser Bracer

Abilities:
Water blade
MP 20%
Def 10%
Dual wield????

ESPER: Bahamut

Cecil HP-5258 ATK-205 MP-210 DEF-404
Survial edge
Golden Shield
Golden Helm
Reflect mail
Jewel ring
Hero´s ring

Abilities
MAG+10%
Barblizzara
Baraerora
DEF+10%

ESPER: Golem

Refia HP-4698 ATK 141 MAG-207 MP-359 DEF-222
Golem Staff
Soul crown
Black robe
Jewel ring
muscle belt

Abilities:
HP+15
HP+15
MAG+10
MAG+10

ESPER: Carbuncle

Note worthy equipment that I have but not using
2 Muscle belts
1 hero ring
Vernard
enhancer
thorned mace
mighty hammer
icebrand
phantasmal blade
wizard rod
Rune staff
rod of lightning
fire rod
ice rod
wizards staff
lilith rod
Candy basket
cupids sandals
Morale talisman
cats bell
2 regen rings

Units not using but are maxed:
Exdeath
CoD
Yun

It was hard, lot of good stuff there, BUT three month dry spell, no Zidane (after tons of pulls and hundreds of dollars) so none of my characters were really performing up to the standards others had.

I was just flat left behind, so I dumped that account (though it is tied to my Facebook account). I could always go back, but I'm having more fun with the F2P account I'm currently on then I ever did with that pay account.

duuuudee

you know Valentus puts in work for f2play so you dont have to leave your account

people that snagged those units and have money into the game.... and then reroll?

you crazy

evangd007

Do you have Snow or anyone else who can draw attacks? If you slap Golem on someone with Draw Attacks and use Provoke, they attract all single target attacks which Cecil then covers, mitigating a lot of the damage.

Have you considered doing two runs, splitting up the no items and 5-man missions?

duuuudee

you know Valentus puts in work for f2play so you dont have to leave your account

people that snagged those units and have money into the game.... and then reroll?

you crazy

Maybe, but I had quit for a month because I wasn't having fun. Now I'm having fun again.

A lot can be said about having fun with games...

bonkeng

Trying to setup my 5 men Team for Gilga Trial. will this be enough to beat him and should I change any equipment out for something else?

Team:
Rain
Bartz
Cecil
Refia

Rain: HP-5680 ATK-174 MP-162 DEF-368
Flametongue
Golden Shield
Grand Helm
Demon Mail
Water gods amulet
Vitality Apparatus

Abilities:
Guardians Authority
Destroyer Authority
HP +15%
HP +15%

Rain should equip Excalibur and use lava floor to seal Light, Fire and Earth.

Bartz: HP-4530 ATK-250 MP-230 DEF-328

Trident or should I rock Dualwield with Coral sword/excalibur?
Flame Shield
Dark helm
Flame mail
Black belt
Defenser Bracer

Abilities:
Water blade
MP 20%
Def 10%
Dual wield????

If you're using water blade, then trident is pointless with Bartz. Use coral sword and vernard so he seals 3 elements (Fire, Thunder, Water or Wind). Prioritize Gale Barrage to seal wind since it's more dangerous than water. Don't hesitate to use Life Giver when Refia runs low on mp. Hp equipments and materias are preferable.

Cecil HP-5258 ATK-205 MP-210 DEF-404
Survial edge
Golden Shield
Golden Helm
Reflect mail
Jewel ring
Hero´s ring

Abilities
MAG+10%
Barblizzara
Baraerora
DEF+10%

Swap hero ring with muscle belt. Your 4 abilities aren't that useful. Equip as many hp materia as you can.

Refia HP-4698 ATK 141 MAG-207 MP-359 DEF-222
Golem Staff
Soul crown
Black robe
Jewel ring
muscle belt

You don't need jewel ring on Refia as she's immune to paralize and confuse. Swap it with another muscle belt instead. Use Ramuh on her so she can cast or dual cast Thunder in case you need to. Equip as many hp materia as you can.

Note worthy equipment that I have but not using
2 Muscle belts
1 hero ring
Vernard
phantasmal blade
wizard rod
Rune staff
rod of lightning
fire rod
ice rod
wizards staff
lilith rod

Lastly, take a Noctis with Excalibur and Chiji, use Thunder Flask. These 3 elements hurt the most.

But I'll be honest, it'll be a very hars fight for you. But i think it can be done. If not, just beat it with a 6 man crew without items, then clear it a second time with 5 man crew with items.

Lastly, take a Noctis with Excalibur and Chiji, use Thunder Flask. These 3 elements hurt the most.

But I'll be honest, it'll be a very hars fight for you. But i think it can be done. If not, just beat it with a 6 man crew without items, then clear it a second time with 5 man crew with items.

who should I bring as nr 5 in my team?
CoD
Exdeath
Yun?

Firion is not maxed yet..

Will the event become much easier after first clear?

bonkeng

who should I bring as nr 5 in my team?
CoD
Exdeath
Yun?

Firion is not maxed yet..

Yun would be good since he's immune to paralyze and confuse too. But do you have Sonic or Kaiser Knuckles? And try crafting thunder or fire blade first, because his mp is quite low, using Blazing Heart will drain his mp pool quite fast.

CoD might work too since she has 125% bonus damage from maneater. But her weapon is too limited, might be difficult.

Exdeath is out of the question imo.

btw, you do have DC on Refia right? If not, then just wait for Yshtola.

H3xum

Do you have Snow or anyone else who can draw attacks? If you slap Golem on someone with Draw Attacks and use Provoke, they attract all single target attacks which Cecil then covers, mitigating a lot of the damage.

Have you considered doing two runs, splitting up the no items and 5-man missions?

I do have a Snow, however, he is not leveled

And yeah I think I am going to do the full team run now and I will worry about the 30% later, I am just itching to prove to myself that my account isn't completely worthless :p

Valentus

Firion with beast tamer and kaiser:

Olive with only ifrit as Killer

Olive outdamages firion. I dont have a yun but i expect him doing more damage than olive so the top 3 damage dealers for this trial are

Yun
Olive
Firion

(I read that randi desnt do more damage than firion)

Yun would be good since he's immune to paralyze and confuse too. But do you have Sonic or Kaiser Knuckles? And try crafting thunder or fire blade first, because his mp is quite low, using Blazing Heart will drain his mp pool quite fast.

CoD might work too since she has 125% bonus damage from maneater. But her weapon is too limited, might be difficult.

Exdeath is out of the question imo.

btw, you do have DC on Refia right? If not, then just wait for Yshtola.

I do not have Dual Cast on Refia.... I am at 16% 16.5% 7.3% and 25.2% on those units for Dual cast... so getting very close
I have Sonic knuckles but NOT kaiser yet. working on getting one and are very close to for one kaiser 23.5% 26% and 14.7% the 4th Xiao is 0% as I just got her.

Most likely rerolling till they get what they want, or multiple 5* units.

With a strong friend, they can plow through 95% of the content too. My Noctis can clear basically anything alone right now, but the Giglamesh trial and March of the Beasts.

Some more strong friend characters could help. I breeze through most of the story content until I get to that areas boss, then it's like hitting a difficulty wall full on.

bonkeng

I do not have Dual Cast on Refia.... I am at 16% 16.5% 7.3% and 25.2% on those units for Dual cast... so getting very close
I have Sonic knuckles but NOT kaiser yet. working on getting one and are very close to for one kaiser 23.5% 26% and 14.7% the 4th Xiao is 0% as I just got her.

Sonic is fine. But you will need DC on Refia though. Otherwise, it'll be an almost impossible fight to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom