• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Isn't that how long until you can use the same unit? Or do you mean changing your friend unit or their equipment also takes 3 hours for others to see?
Second Nimbus in a row?! What the hell :eek: (that makes a total of 5 I think).
Wow! Still just one for me and no bombs in forever after I got lucky with them at first. I have 30k currency after tickets and sq and a few others, not sure if I want gigantuars and megacites or a moogle.

Xion86

Isn't that how long until you can use the same unit? Or do you mean changing your friend unit or their equipment also takes 3 hours for others to see?

Wow! Still just one for me and no bombs in forever after I got lucky with them at first. I have 30k currency after tickets and sq and a few others, not sure if I want gigantuars and megacites or a moogle.

Just ran into another Golden Bomb on the round after!! What's going on?! Haha

Se7zGsgl.png

I still need a few tickets, the MP Materia and I would like the 30k Moogle.

Man I got him down to 35 % healthbar now... then got into a bad loop as I never really could draw his attention to Cecil as I needed to keep up with healing.. fuck. 5 manning this with NO Dual cast TM is really fucking hard with Cecil, Bartz, Refia and rain

tuffymon

Ah my bad, it's 3 hours if used, it's close the game and do 1 point stages to get them back I believe.

Man I got him down to 35 % healthbar now... then got into a bad loop as I never really could draw his attention to Cecil as I needed to keep up with healing.. fuck. 5 manning this with NO Dual cast TM is really fucking hard with Cecil, Bartz, Refia and rain

Yeah man i can imagine

Even Vals f2play strat used dual cast

i could share my refia if youd rather use other units to try and turn the tables

H3xum

So if you had all of the units on the banner (with two DW two BM and 2 Excals already) but neither of the 5 stars (but had Olive, Marie and Emperor and Firion), would you pull? Say you also had just a smudge over 10k lapis and roughly 14 tickets :p

So if you had all of the units on the banner (with two DW two BM and 2 Excals already) but neither of the 5 stars (but had Olive, Marie and Emperor and Firion), would you pull? Say you also had just a smudge over 10k lapis and roughly 14 tickets :p

Not if you aren't paying for Lapis.

You know the first rule of the thread!

That said, around Christmas, I fished for Noctis and I've never second-guessed that decision. He's stupid good and makes literally every party better. It's entirely possible he'll get outclassed down the line, but it's like playing an entirely different game with his versatility and utility. (Greg would be a downright amazing consolation prize too.)

I wouldn't normally advocate chasing. In fact, you probably shouldn't chase. But if I were in your place, I would. But you probably shouldn't.

H3xum

Not if you aren't paying for Lapis.

The angel on my left shoulder

That said, around Christmas, I fished for Noctis and I've never second-guessed that decision. He's stupid good and makes literally every party better. It's entirely possible he'll get outclassed down the line, but it's like playing an entirely different game with his versatility and utility. (Greg would be a downright amazing consolation prize too.)

I wouldn't normally advocate chasing. In fact, you probably shouldn't chase. But if I were in your place, I would. But you probably shouldn't.

The devil on my right

Lyrian

There we go.

Had a mostly stable run and cleared Greg for all the 6-man-able achievements. Smooth run, except for one extremely scary moment right after I had stabilized on the final threshold. Greg went crazy and killed all of my sealers except for the friend Noctis from full health (6k) in one round using normal attacks. THAT was a scary moment. Ling-->Refia combo FTW, with a just a bit of RNG luck in the positive direction the following rounds to re-stabilize and win one for the land.

Feeling much better now. I'll wait for the DWs in the oven to finish baking before attempting the 5-man run for additional stability.

Back to slow-baking until Friday :)

Lyrian

ROFL. Beautiful laywer-speak there out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously.

My complements to the chef.

Lyrian

Just ran into another Golden Bomb on the round after!! What's going on?! Haha

I still need a few tickets, the MP Materia and I would like the 30k Moogle.

Nimbus/Bomb was very streaky for me, as well.

Would see neither of them for ages. But when they did, they would show up in back to back runs often (or near that) frequently.

Non-random random generator gets stuck often. It's good when it gets stuck in the player's direction though.

Azuran

Banned
Does anyone have that image with the Gilgamesh thresholds in English? I swear I can't find it despite reading the past few pages in this thread.

There we go.

Had a mostly stable run and cleared Greg for all the 6-man-able achievements. Smooth run, except for one extremely scary moment right after I had stabilized on the final threshold. Greg went crazy and killed all of my sealers except for the friend Noctis from full health (6k) in one round using normal attacks. THAT was a scary moment. Ling-->Refia combo FTW, with a just a bit of RNG luck in the positive direction the following rounds to re-stabilize and win one for the land.

Feeling much better now. I'll wait for the DWs in the oven to finish baking before attempting the 5-man run for additional stability.

Back to slow-baking until Friday :)

Grats Lyrian!

Happy to see the OG crew mostly caught up!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
God daaaaaaang I keep getting closer and then I run out of MP and then get caught with Noctis' pants down in a two turn Point Warp recovery smfh

(Celegus your Yun is BEAUTIFUL)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Does anyone have that image with the Gilgamesh thresholds in English? I swear I can't find it despite reading the past few pages in this thread.

Good way to remember:
80% = beginning of the 2nd character column
50% = end of 1st character column energy bars
30% = the / HP symbol in the 1st character column

Noc has excal and chiri
Cecil has trident but basically never attacks

With the right friend I'm using my Noctis to seal thunder, fire, and light and my friend (Yun or w/e) is sealing Wind / Fire. my strat has been to ignore earth and water. Eh? Gets me damn close and then BLAMMO

Your tank should have almost double that HP Panther. Cecil or any tank should be stacking hp +10-30 and muscle belts.

Noc has excal and chiri

With the right friend I'm using my Noctis to seal thunder, fire, and light and my friend (Yun or w/e) is sealing Wind / Fire. my strat has been to ignore earth and water. Eh? Gets me damn close and then BLAMMO

put black belts on your noctis and cecil

free seals and LBs are key

counter bonuses will push you over the hump and then you get two units freed up to lend support

you may want noctis to handle thunder with a cheaper move like stone blade to cover earth, thunder and whatever else

you want redundant coverage on wind, light fire and thunder at the very least

i got away with not sealing water but you should try to seal earth and water if ya can

counter on all sealers helps A LOT

Valentus

Noc has excal and chiri

Your cecil has only trident and nothing more equipped?

I'm so over this Type-0 event yet I can't stop grinding it. I have pretty much everything but I figure maybe I'll just waste time and try to get that 15% Atk...

Peoples Choice has me so pumped...And the raid. Oh god the raid!

bonkeng

Noc has excal and chiri

As others have said, your Cecil's hp is quite low. Use the 15% hp and muscle belts that we got for free to ramp it up to 7-8k.

Also, your Refia has DC? This is the single most important TM here. While everyone keeps saying Ling is MVP in this trial, DC Refia is the real MVP and the backbone of the party.

Alkez

Was going to attempt the trial today but as usual, no time. I will definitely make some time to tomorrow.

Question 1: how do people find time to fit BE into their daily schedules? Recently life has become quite busy and I'm barely keeping up with the game.

Question 2: if i use provoke on Ling, who innately has 25% chance to not be targeted, then is her chance to be targeted 45%?

Was going to attempt the trial today but as usual, no time. I will definitely make some time to tomorrow.

Question 1: how do people find time to fit BE into their daily schedules? Recently life has become quite busy and I'm barely keeping up with the game.

I do 5 arena battles, craft one item, summon a FP unit, kill Siren twice, and then run 3 Vortex quests. The other time, I macro -- which is almost over (!).

If there's new story content, I do it on the weekend and spend Lapis to clear it all.

I didn't farm this event much, because I never got decent units and the rewards were lackluster.

Azuran

Banned
Woooo! I got all the Gilgamesh rewards in one try!

7Ckvyjpl.jpg
2BDZNSxl.png

fvoplVDl.jpg

This battle was pretty great. The last few slivers of help were pretty tense because I wanted the LB kill but Noctis almost brought him to 0% with a Thunder Flask. Thankfully, he lived for one more turn so I could finish him off.

Ling was the MVP by far. You can take things pretty slowly with her around. Invigorating Dance/Chakra is so good for MP management.

So hype after that fight. I wasn't expecting it to get everything in one try. More battles like this please!

Lyrian

Woooo! I got all the Gilgamesh rewards in one try!

This battle was pretty great. The last few slivers of help were pretty tense because I wanted the LB kill but Noctis almost brought him to 0% with a Thunder Flask. Thankfully, he lived for one more turn so I could finish him off.

Ling was the MVP by far. You can take things pretty slowly with her around. Invigorating Dance/Chakra is so good for MP management.

So hype after that fight. I wasn't expecting it to get everything in one try. More battles like this please!

Very nice! I'll have to keep that team in mind for the 5-man when my DWs are finished.

Lyrian

Momentary side breaks when you can. YOLO arena teams to get rid of orbs fast (or dump them in Colosseum BGN for quick points). For energy, pretty much what AD just said. XP vortex if someone needs leveling, or dump it quick on an easy esper fight or Wicked Peaks for rank xp farming.

Pachimari

Anything worth pulling for now? Maybe the PC banner for a Noctis. I got one gold ticket. I probably will get a Noctis. I'm feeling it. Oh yeah, come on.

Question 2: if i use provoke on Ling, who innately has 25% chance to not be targeted, then is her chance to be targeted 45%?

When I am actually playing the game, and not macroing I am usually at work at my desk in between doing actual work lol. I typically don't play at all outside of there again unless it's a macro.

When I am actually playing the game, and not macroing I am usually at work at my desk in between doing actual work lol. I typically don't play at all outside of there again unless it's a macro.

Heh, i am the opposite. Most of my macroing is done at work and I play while at home. Wife, kid, house, etc. i make it work.

Flambe

Lately has been 24/7 macro, not even enough time/patience for dailies. When I go to work I'm often away for 10-12 hours without cell service so definitely macro when I'm out.

Remote Desktop in from my phone to shut Nox down so I can do my thing on my phone, then Remote back in and start Nox up again when I'm working home lol.

Lyrian

That deliciously evil feeling when you realize that you can give Cecil Bushido for the Arena, which allows him to do 999 damage while still doing all the annoying things Cecil does in the Arena....

Why does this work? I remember reading before that the Flasks ignore the element on the weapon and only hit with the chosen element.

Whatever said that was wrong, flasks take their own element plus whatever weapons you have equipped and counts for all of them.
Thanks for the clarification. I found where my previous misunderstanding came from.

"An attack can be infused with elements from the ability and the equipped weapon(s) only if it deals physical damage. Magical damage take element from the ability only." What are Hybrid Attacks with elemental effects treated as (Noct's Flasks, Bartz's Wind Shear, etc...)?

Ex: Noctis has Excalibur (Holy) and Chirijiraden (Fire) and uses Blizzard Flask (Ice). Will the attack only be Ice elemental or will the elemental resistances of all 3 get averaged (like it would be for Lightning with the same gear doing Ice Blitz)?

Physical Abilities with Elements (i.e Lightning's Blitz) takes into account all elements involved. 1 from ability, up to 2 from weapons, for a total of 3 different elements per attack. (I'm 90% sure on this, not entirely though).

Hybrids are magical damage in nature, but takes both attack and mag stats to calculate damage((atk+mag)/2). It's element is what the ability provided (i.e Fire Flask always deals Fire damage regardless of weapons equipped). (also not entirely sure on this, but I'm 90% certain this is correct).

Correct. Physical attacks can take on the property of their weapons while magical attacks cannot. This is a key point in doing the Gilgamesh challenge boss.

After reading this reddit thread, I see now that there has been testing that show Hybrid Elemental attacks do indeed factor in the elements of the weapons just like standard Physical attacks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I'd advise against it. Noctis is easily the best unit and will still be the best for quite a while. I know Orlandu and gang are around the corner, but from an all around perspective, he's unmatched. Next closest will be Tidus, but even he doesn't have the variety of the kit Noctis has.

1. Yet, you probably won't get him.
2. Gerg decreases his chance immensely - by 25% from the typical banner.
3. We're on the edge of the next power creep with units that can chain. If you have Olive already, something like Orlandu or Eileen will go much further.
4. The banner offers nothing else you need. A big no-no.

For people wondering how I play. I turn my Macro on in the morning to dump energy while I eat and get ready. I come home, complete dailies and dump energy again. I dump it one last time before I sleep. If there is a event, I bring it with and open it every few hours. Great having about a 9 hour energy recharge. Hoping the one year gives us a 30+ energy boost too. 12 hour recharge would be aces.

Lyrian

Great having about a 9 hour energy recharge. Hoping the one year gives us a 30+ energy boost too. 12 hour recharge would be aces.

So much this, right here.

9 hour regen (at rank 98; 108 EN) means a full night's sleep and/or a full work shift without wasting energy. So good.

+30 energy for the anniversary would bring the energy pool around the magical 144 mark 9 (at rank 108), meaning 12 hour regen. That's checking in once in the morning and once in the evening for basic maintenance.

Very, very nice indeed.

Lyrian

While it didn't help me much (I still had to use an item in my victory), you can osmose with Ling to help with mp management.

Why Osmose with Ling when you can use Chakra, which is cheaper to cast and can be used an infinite number of times, unlike Osmose per opponent?

Malakhov

Banned
Urgh, player's choice banner. I am torn on this. The only unit I dont have that is on it is Noctis but I'd like to have him obviously. I passed on his first banner since the character didn't interest me but he's such a complete unit...

I have 24 tickets and enough to do two 10+1 pulls...It's this or trying to get Orlandu...

bonkeng

Thanks for the clarification. I found where my previous misunderstanding came from.

After reading this reddit thread, I see now that there has been testing that show Hybrid Elemental attacks do indeed factor in the elements of the weapons just like standard Physical attacks.

I was with you at that time. I was pretty sure that hybrid does not take into account weapon elements. Shouta even confirmed it.

But somehow it changed along the way. We'll just adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom