• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Food for thought, with the raid using orbs. Energy is still free play. Next weekend is Dunes, but outside of that. Most likely two weeks of uninterrupted TM farming. I may play around with Dunes for a bit to level Lid and Jake up and whomever else I have that itch for.

Leon TM will be done, alone with Shine 1, Shine 2 will be at 70. I'll have 4 30% ATKs then. enough for my two DPS. Probably do the Cupid Lunas next since they'll come in handy for the next trial and are primo TMs for Refia and Tilith. 60 MP, 30 defense to dark/light, and 10% MP refresh. Only Tilith's big skill will cost anything with abilities to focus on SPR/HP.

tuffymon

Why Osmose with Ling when you can use Chakra, which is cheaper to cast and can be used an infinite number of times, unlike Osmose per opponent?

Quite simple, I forgot that Chakra gave 30% mp too >.>; So yes, Chakra > Osmose... wish I had realized that earlier >.>; may not have needed an item~ Can't do anything about that now :p

Shouta

I was with you at that time. I was pretty sure that hybrid does not take into account weapon elements. Shouta even confirmed it.

But somehow it changed along the way. We'll just adapt.

No, Hybrid damage should take into account weapon elements. The elemental sword attacks (Holy Sword, etc) and Bartz's Cyclone Slash/Gale Barrage do take into them into account. It's important to note there are elemental skills and there's elemental magic. Elemental skills can be hybrid or entirely attack based but they'll have the element from the weapon attached. Spells and some skills that are considered spells are magical damage only and they don't take on the properties of their weapons. I'm pretty sure Noctis' Flasks are considered spells and not skills and hence why they don't take on the properties of his weapons.

I can test whether or not Flasks are magic or skills, I think.

bonkeng

No, Hybrid damage should take into account weapon elements. The elemental sword attacks (Holy Sword, etc) and Bartz's Cyclone Slash/Gale Barrage do take into them into account. It's important to note there are elemental skills and there's elemental magic. Elemental skills can be hybrid or entirely attack based but they'll have the element from the weapon attached. Spells and some skills that are considered spells are magical damage only and they don't take on the properties of their weapons. I'm pretty sure Noctis' Flasks are considered spells and not skills and hence why they don't take on the properties of his weapons.

I can test whether or not Flasks are magic or skills, I think.

Noctis flasks are hybrid, so it takes weapon elements too.

Initially I thought hybrid damage only deals the hybrid element, not taking weapon elements into account. But it was wrong. Noctis Flask with Dual Wield can seal 3 elements, including Thunder which can't be sealed by physical Thunder attacks.

Shouta

Noctis flasks are hybrid, so it takes weapon elements too.

Initially I thought hybrid damage only deals the hybrid element, not taking weapon elements into account. But it was wrong. Noctis Flask with Dual Wield can seal 3 elements, including Thunder which can't be sealed by physical Thunder attacks.

Yep, you're right. Flasks are considered physical damage. I tested it out on the Bloody Moon just now which resist physical attacks.

It's sort of strange why you can't seal Gilgamesh with physical thunder attacks though.

across

Urgh, player's choice banner. I am torn on this. The only unit I dont have that is on it is Noctis but I'd like to have him obviously. I passed on his first banner since the character didn't interest me but he's such a complete unit...

I have 24 tickets and enough to do two 10+1 pulls...It's this or trying to get Orlandu...

shintoki really covered everything in the post a couple above yours, but another wrinkle to add is that our ticket intake of late has dropped off considerably. Tickets, to me at least, are a way to target valuable 4* units if luck turns against us on dailies where you may not want to burn lapis on a 10+1. Upcoming: Rikku, Orochi, Setzer, Ashe (my personal list, yours may differ)

Remove the 24 tickets from your pool (for future valuable 4* units, for the sake of argument) and you're left with two 5k pulls to try for one 5* base on a banner that has two of them (so half the normal chance). Not impossible. But very improbable.

To me, if you passed on his first banner because he didn't interest you, it seems iffy to pull on this second banner where he's less likely. The power level has increased since then and he's comparatively less attractive, especially with the big elemental chaining units on the horizon. Still very good, probably the MVP of Global... but if he wasn't good enough for you then, I don't see why he'd be good enough for you now.

desverger

Yep, you're right. Flasks are considered physical damage. I tested it out on the Bloody Moon just now which resist physical attacks.

It's sort of strange why you can't seal Gilgamesh with physical thunder attacks though.

Not being able to seal thunder with melee is most likely a bug. It wouldn't surprise me, gumi has a tendency to introduce bugs with their new features.

Malakhov

Banned
shintoki really covered everything in the post a couple above yours, but another wrinkle to add is that our ticket intake of late has dropped off considerably. Tickets, to me at least, are a way to target valuable 4* units if luck turns against us on dailies where you may not want to burn lapis on a 10+1. Upcoming: Rikku, Orochi, Setzer, Ashe (my personal list, yours may differ)

Remove the 24 tickets from your pool (for future valuable 4* units, for the sake of argument) and you're left with two 5k pulls to try for one 5* base on a banner that has two of them (so half the normal chance). Not impossible. But very improbable.

To me, if you passed on his first banner because he didn't interest you, it seems iffy to pull on this second banner where he's less likely. The power level has increased since then and he's comparatively less attractive, especially with the big elemental chaining units on the horizon. Still very good, probably the MVP of Global... but if he wasn't good enough for you then, I don't see why he'd be good enough for you now.

Stop making sense!
But seriously, I know... And I think I've used all my luck in the last three weeks with my 3 rainbows.

Okay, I wont pull :(

bonkeng

Yeah. I pulled, even made one 10+1 but couldn't get any Lings :(

Yeah same here. Pulled 20+ times, got 2 Yuns instead. Would have preferred a Ling over that 2nd Yun, but eh, gacha is gacha. Thankfully, I'm in a position that Ling is not needed in my team. Cleared Greg's Trial pretty easily without her. At least we know Rikku will come eventually, and she's as useful as Ling if not more.

People's choice.
I want noct and Gilgamesh.... I have double Refia and 1 chizuru. I won't pull... better wait for Orlandu as I have lapis saved up for him. I will never get noct :-(

Is Ling not available in the pool anymore?

Andvary

People's choice.
I want noct and Gilgamesh.... I have double Refia and 1 chizuru. I won't pull... better wait for Orlandu as I have lapis saved up for him. I will never get noct :-(

Is Ling not available in the pool anymore?

That's correct, she was a limited time unit.

Rixa

Yeah same here. Pulled 20+ times, got 2 Yuns instead. Would have preferred a Ling over that 2nd Yun, but eh, gacha is gacha. Thankfully, I'm in a position that Ling is not needed in my team. Cleared Greg's Trial pretty easily without her. At least we know Rikku will come eventually, and she's as useful as Ling if not more.

We are in same boat, except I didn't get Yun either. Rikku comes and most certainly more good / great global exclusives too.

Musings

People's choice.

Feel your pain, I really want Greg but already have at least 2 of everyone on the banner (apart from Noct).

Xion86

Was going to attempt the trial today but as usual, no time. I will definitely make some time to tomorrow.

Question 1: how do people find time to fit BE into their daily schedules? Recently life has become quite busy and I'm barely keeping up with the game.

1) I get up in the morning and after getting ready, stop NoX and turn off my laptop. Whilst having breakfast I'll use up Arena Orbs (3 Colosseum fights and 2 Arena).
2) Do a Daily pull, craft, send gifts etc and head to work.
3) Let NRG build up through the day, and use up Arena orbs when I can.
4) Use up a bit of NRG at lunch and near the end of the day on Event or EXP Vortex.
5) Once I'm home, finish up last 1 or 2 daily quest and grind Event with remaining NRG and maybe a refresh whilst watching something else or playing a game.
6) Turn on laptop before bed, start NoX, load up the game and do one NRG refresh then collect the daily rewards to boost up NRG more. Kick off script and go to sleep.

Okay so once we are back in, I just need to see if I can make enough for the 30k Trust Moogle and a few summoning materials :/ not sure if I will be able to do it or not, but will require refreshes. Will skip the MP materia as I have loads of Tellah.

Xion86

odd, im in now~

Yeah same here.

Do we all know how Trust Moogles work? :p this is good to point out though, especially the enhancers.

WADwBxBl.png

ksv9ugQl.png

Syntsui

Gumi really put their shit together since he XIII event-era fallout. Every single maintenance since that has finished before the scheduled time.

They hopefully got rid of all the idiot programmers that were destroying the game.

I'm not sure I understand the 3* trust moogle. Is it saying that it's unit/TM specific? So instead of being an increase for any of your units, it only works for specific TMs?

Alkez

Thanks everyone who gave details on how they fit BE into their lifestyle. I think I need to manage my time better and work on certain work arounds.

About to attempt Gilgamesh for the first time. Wish me luck people.

Valonquar

Did the 5 man & LB kill requirements for Gilgamesh last night!

Just need to do the no item one now... trying to decide on who to take as a 6th now for that. I used Cecil (tank/LB/heals/dispel) Lightning (3 element lock) Bartz (3 element lock) Refia, no DC (heals/dispel) and a friend Noct for DD and a lil mana regen.

Think a 2nd healer or another DDer is a better way to go to kill Greg before the mana runs dry?

H3xum

So there are going to be 5% moogles that are for specific heroes only?

That is weird. Hopefully they drop like candy with that caveat

H3xum

If it's like in JP, it'll mostly (only?) be for special summon banner like the upcoming Player Choice.

Oh, well that is interesting. So they are only attainable as bonus units when you do a summon on the banner? They won't be popping up as monthly rewards or mission rewards or anything silly like that

Kouriozan

Gumi really need to put those NRG pots outside of those chests, imagine my surprise when I got 170 NRG after I claimed my daily reward.

Alkez

Go get him Alkez!!!

:D

I did it guys! Had to use an item right near the end because Noctis was using more mp than ling could give back (I never realised he didn't have auto refresh). I'm ok with that sacrifice.

Rob the black belt I got for the Maxwell fight that you suggested came in clutch again. Ling had the survival edges just in case he didn't counter, but I got counter every turn apart from the instant death rounds which meant Ling could continuously mp heal.

Addie appreciate your Noctis carrying my rag-tag band of misfits.

LyPpvoKl.png
7LrQslFl.png

I did it guys! Had to use an item right near the end because Noctis was using more mp than ling could give back (I never realised he didn't have auto refresh). I'm ok with that sacrifice.

Rob the black belt I got for the Maxwell fight that you suggested came in clutch again. Ling had the survival edges just in case he didn't counter, but I got counter every turn apart from the instant death rounds which meant Ling could continuously mp heal.

LyPpvoKl.png
7LrQslFl.png

Woooo!

Nicely done

LyPpvoKl.png
7LrQslFl.png
Nice work!

I'm scared to attempt the Greg trial. Going to wait until I get Yshtola since I don't have dualcast yet...

Niahak

I'm scared to attempt the Greg trial. Going to wait until I get Yshtola since I don't have dualcast yet...

I'm scared to try it again myself. I don't have a Cecil, so I'm going to chase a blue on the player's choice banner!
(Alternatively, I guess I could wait for WoL 6*, but I get the impression Cecil would still be most useful).

I tried a couple times, but wiped around 40%.

Congrats to those who have beaten him!

Alkez

Congratz alkez !!!

Now go for that bushido freedom buddy!
Woooo!

Nicely done
Congrats!
Nice work!

Congrats to those who have beaten him!

Thanks everyone :)

Val - I'll go for the no item challenge at some point in the future. I'm content for today lol.

Indi - Yeah maybe waiting for a dual casting unit is best. I was dual casting every turn.

Pejo

Argh, why do they keep changing the name of Greg's AoE ignore defense move. I think it was All-Divide first, then Divider, and now Snow Petal. Are there two guys at Gumi that argue back and forth about this one particular skill frequently?

windfish

the game is really testing me lately. I got zero "Zero" Banner Units, 2 weeks of farming with no Nimbus at all and only one bomber.
Last 10 pulls got me 4 Shera, 3 Amarant, 2 Sabin and a Shadow WTF.
Havn't seen a rainbow Crystal for like 3 months. 3 Tickets left...

kinda crazy that TRM farming is the only thing that keeps me motivated :D'
Finished my third DW today, now working on 2 shines 2 leons and a bracer. That is something at least.

welp.gif

the game is really testing me lately. I got zero "Zero" Banner Units, 2 weeks of farming with no Nimbus at all and only one bomber.
Last 10 pulls got me 4 Shera, 3 Amarant, 2 Sabin and a Shadow WTF.
Havn't seen a rainbow Crystal for like 3 months. 3 Tickets left...

kinda crazy that TRM farming is the only thing that keeps me motivated :D'
Finished my third DW today, now working on 2 shines 2 leons and a bracer. That is something at least.

welp.gif

Damn man... game is messing with you hard

Maybe the Players choice and Raid will reinvigorate you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom