• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skipping on Orlandu like I skipped on Lightning. Tidus banner is my next splurge, so I'm saving what I can until then. Already got Agrias, so whenever she gets 6* I'll be cozy'ing up to GAFs Orlandus.

Probably the same for me. He's not the game changer that Noctis was, anyway. Besides, after swearing off Dark Fina, I got her randomly months later. I'm sure I'll get him eventually, like when I actually want someone else.

I have the characters and TMs to go into autopilot mode for a long time, anyway, which is gonna free up more time.

I only logged in to FE to get orbs and do summons I don't actually ever even play the game. Now that the login bonus isn't orbs everyday I probably won't even do that. To be honest I think the gameplay aspect of the game is pretty shit tier.

Syntsui

Is Setzer only a beefed Edgar or is there something else cool about him?
Well we all know there enough whales out there that will spend a ton for these tiny rewards, so while it seems illogical from a players perspective, it makes perfect sense for them to keep it this way from a business perspective. Gotta do what you gotta do to make that $$$ and I'll just ignore those prizes, easy enough. There's still plenty of other rewards, it's not like that's the only thing.

Again, they won't do it for the rewards. To get to that point they will have to spend more lapis than what they would get farmin TMs or simply doing dailies, it's just straight up nonsense.

Celegus

Again, they won't do it for the rewards. To get to that point they will have to spend more lapis than what they would get farmin TMs or simply doing dailies, it's just straight up nonsense.
I know. It's not cost effective at all but we all know people will do it anyway, so what's the impetus for gumi to change the system? It's free money for them.

Kouriozan

I only logged in to FE to get orbs and do summons I don't actually ever even play the game. Now that the login bonus isn't orbs everyday I probably won't even do that. To be honest I think the gameplay aspect of the game is pretty shit tier.

Yeah I have 170 orbs there waiting for the Black Knight (either version), hopefully the game will improve by then.
Predict there will be plenty of f2p rage-quitters who spend all their savings on Orlandu banner and won't get him. Such a bad way to go about a gacha game.

Will just do dailies personally, which is rare since I almost never do it.
Slowing reaching 20k lapis and will only summons on good TM banners or Setzer/Rikku/Ashe+Rasler.

Shouta

They just added Skill Inheritance to FE. It makes the game a little more meaty since there's something to work towards. Not as good as TMs but better than nothing.

Pejo

They just added Skill Inheritance to FE. It makes the game a little more meaty since there's something to work towards. Not as good as TMs but better than nothing.

Agreed, in that it gives some semi-long term goals, but they literally did nothing to balance it. It totally killed my enthusiasm to play, and I generally try to not knee-jerk react to things.

Kouriozan

Found my old post about Ashelia/Rasler hype

What I'm looking forward the most currently :

uxwM0TX.jpg
uxwM0TX.jpg

j15SVtTl.jpg

♥ Ashelia ♥
Gosh I need the FF XII event like right now! Thankfully they are both 4* :D
They are ranked 92 and 91 on Altema, and they are pretty strong actually! Ashe heal when she attacks!
Finally I'll farm those 4 Letters and Arms for her :3c

You can tell I'm excited for the FF XII banner!
Remind me I never checked how low they dropped on Altema. (Edit : stayed where they were, good)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Have such a hard time coming back to this game....i dont care anymore about TM farming and it seems like once you dont aim for the best possible units/equip the game looses a lot of its magic.

I will see if i can manage to beat the new Gilga challenge in the next days,,,,but i dont think i can bother with TM or Moogle Event farming anymore.

Found my old post about Ashelia/Rasler hype

Remind me I never checked how low they dropped on Altema. (Edit : stayed where they were, good)

Can't wait for the FF12 banner. Just preordered the absurdly overpriced CE of the remaster because I need dem Judge Magisters.

Alkez

Agreed, in that it gives some semi-long term goals, but they literally did nothing to balance it. It totally killed my enthusiasm to play, and I generally try to not knee-jerk react to things.

I'm neither here nor there with inheritance. I'm just going with it atm. But I guess the question to ask is:

If every unit is now overpowered than is anyone overpowered?

On one hand you can argue that the concept of something being overpowered is based upon the player base having a preconceived notion of what is balanced and what isn't within the confides of the game we're playing. Thus everyone is just overpowered and the game is a hot mess.

But on the other hand you could simply say that the average power level has gone up but everyone has gone up equally. Offensive units will be hit harder but tanks will be taking hits better. (Obviously it's not that simple but you get what I mean.)

As I say, I'm not on any side of the fence atm but I think it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. It's either going to make or break this game, and I don't think the outcome has been decided just yet.

Can't wait for the FF12 banner. Just preordered the absurdly overpriced CE of the remaster because I need dem Judge Magisters.

I really want Balthier. His sprite is badass and I like his movepool.

Have such a hard time coming back to this game....i dont care anymore about TM farming and it seems like once you dont aim for the best possible units/equip the game looses a lot of its magic.

I will see if i can manage to beat the new Gilga challenge in the next days,,,,but i dont think i can bother with TM or Moogle Event farming anymore.
I wish they'd make TM farming not completely stupid, once you reach the endgame its really the only thing you can do while waiting the next week for more content that you'll clear in a day(unless its mogking/raid). The CNY event where it changed every day was probably the best system they've had so far IMO.

I wish they'd make TM farming not completely stupid, once you reach the endgame its really the only thing you can do while waiting the next week for more content that you'll clear in a day(unless its mogking/raid). The CNY event where it changed every day was probably the best system they've had so far IMO.

Yeah Chinese New Year event was awesome

One of the best they have ever done

Fuck JP. Lets push global to be its own beast Gumi

Agreed. CNY was by far the best event in the sense that you at least didn't do the same thing over and over like a damn robot.

cw_sasuke

I agree...i also stopped playing the game immediately after the CNY event because the usual stuff just seemed like work...tm farming, daily missions, arena battles...it just felt off.

I will try to at least keep logging in and follow this thread so i dont miss out on some better events down the line.

Lyrian

+1 to CNY event as well.

In terms of endgame, it's the same everywhere in any MMO or game without a definitive hard endpoint. At some point, a player reaches "the end of content" and has to wait for the next expansion. Yes, that means that will always be a point where there is nothing to do. Content is only released at a measured pace to extend the life of the game.

I agree...i also stopped playing the game immediately after the CNY event because the usual stuff just seemed like work...tm farming, daily missions, arena battles...it just felt off.

I will try to at least keep logging in and follow this thread so i dont miss out on some better events down the line.

No offense, but how is that any different any other RPG (online or not)? Efffort = advancement in any RPG. Now, if a player does not enjoy the tasks at hand needed to advance, then that can definitely appear to be work and not fun. At that point, perhaps it's time a new game? I really don't see this type of mechanism changing anytime in the future, as the alternative is "insert credit card for instant advancement". And that's not playing the game at all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No offense, but how is that any different any other RPG (online or not)? Efffort = advancement in any RPG. Now, if a player does not enjoy the tasks at hand needed to advance, then that can definitely appear to be work and not fun. At that point, perhaps it's time a new game? I really don't see this type of mechanism changing anytime in the future, as the alternative is "insert credit card for instant advancement". And that's not playing the game at all.

Outside of that, I don't particularly find it a valid compliment from those who also TM farm using a Macro. The game was never intended nor planned for that. It's not balanced around it. If they balanced around it, most of us would be unable to complete the Giglamesh trial. It's not the one and done like most are doing. But balancing it around it, would also max the game's curve completely inaccessible for anyone not doing it.

It's like complaining about using a cheat to power level your character to the max, then saying there isn't anything to do.

The only solution is to add in an in-game TM farm Macro basically and make it part of the game from this point on, so everyone has access to it. Then balance it around it. Of course, this would increase the need to pull units even more then it is now since most of the weapons and armor checks would be tied to units.

Muku

Another for CNY event here as well. I didn't run it every day, depending on rewards. But having a choice was nice. And it changed.

I know my husband is looking to cut down on side things right now while we try to work on our project. FFBE might be getting that. Might be same for me. I think if it comes to that I'll log in for daily log in and friend gift stuff, but I'm so tired of shitty dailies (I didn't even like dailies in WoW... they're the devil) that take forever, that they'll probably get cut as well. For me it comes with time, but also some other issues with this game right now. I know mine vary from my husbands. But in end it comes down to time.

Right now, the bonus for me is I stopped MogKing event after first week because it was such shit. Just been farming Phantom Forest to finish off my Espers so that's one less shitty thing to worry about. So far so good. Carby at 36 and when he's done will get to Diablos at 30 2*. Almost there. I like the down time.

I feel like if you can't get good units you like, game basically boils down to TMs. And if you want TMs you pretty much gotta macro. Unless you want to bore yourself to death and out of this game really quick. For me, I don't have a powerhouse unit, one of units I have will be at least up there.... once I get DW. Just ugh. It's round and round. So for now just slowly chilling back on this game. MogKing helped me this time.

Not sure how I feel about this upcoming raid. I initially wanted the 6* max character, but at this point I'm going to run once or twice and see how it goes.

Alkez

I hadn't really been feeling the game for the last week or so, but the Gilgamesh trial reminded me why I continued to TM farm and do dailies despite that feeling. Excited for the new event tomorrow.

Does anyone have a link with information on the raid?

creid

Is Gilgamesh doable without an MP battery? I unfortunately don't have a Ling, and having Bartz frequently killing himself doesn't seem viable in a fight like this. Otherwise I've got every non-collab/seasonal 3 & 4* base, plus Cupid Luna, Randi, Queen, and Marie.

edit: my strongest DPS is ~670 Chizuru with Dual Wield, and AFAIK I have just about every event elemental weapon.

Is Gilgamesh doable without an MP battery? I unfortunately don't have a Ling, and having Bartz frequently killing himself doesn't seem viable in a fight like this. Otherwise I've got every non-collab/seasonal 3 & 4* base, plus Cupid Luna, Randi, Queen, and Marie

It's possible. I have Bartz and I think I only MP-Batteried him once which could be replaced with an item. With good MP management it's possible w/o, would just need a MP-regn like Cover to make sure you don't run out.

Lyrian

Outside of that, I don't particularly find it a valid compliment from those who also TM farm using a Macro. The game was never intended nor planned for that. It's not balanced around it. If they balanced around it, most of us would be unable to complete the Giglamesh trial. It's not the one and done like most are doing. But balancing it around it, would also max the game's curve completely inaccessible for anyone not doing it.

It's like complaining about using a cheat to power level your character to the max, then saying there isn't anything to do.

The only solution is to add in an in-game TM farm Macro basically and make it part of the game from this point on, so everyone has access to it. Then balance it around it. Of course, this would increase the need to pull units even more then it is now since most of the weapons and armor checks would be tied to units.

Complaint, not compliment, in the first sentence?

Otherwise, completely agree with you. I absolutely agree that the game was not designed around macroing. Rather, like most gacha games, the game was designed around chasing rainbows. TMs were implemented as a "consolation prize" that could rarely obtained via moogles to grant lesser units some of the abilities that rainbow units get innately.

At some point, Gumi may need to cave in and just add macroing in-game. On the other hand, the total global percentage of macroers may be so low that Gumi just doesn't care and will not bother to do anything about in the future. GAF and Reddit together are very likely a very minimal percentage of the total Global population.

Greg is most definitely tuned to the max of non TM'd geared units, but completely clearable with some 5* base units or with the assistance of a few key TMs that could be obtained via moogles (DW/DC).

I cleared it primarily on the back of my Luneth's DW to free up Ling to be able dance for mana regen purposes. If I did not have Luneth, than a DW could have been slapped on someone to achieve the same outcome.

I feel like if you can't get good units you like, game basically boils down to TMs. And if you want TMs you pretty much gotta macro. Unless you want to bore yourself to death and out of this game really quick. For me, I don't have a powerhouse unit, one of units I have will be at least up there.... once I get DW. Just ugh. It's round and round. So for now just slowly chilling back on this game. MogKing helped me this time.

A completely valid observation, Muku.

As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, the likely design of the game is to either pull the units with the OP abilities innately (via rainbows) or to compensate for that via hard to obtain TMs via 10 5* moogles (or equivalents). Macroing outright breaks this system. Also, by obtaining TMs somewhat easily, macroing also defeats the purpose of the game's systems. Event rewards become worthless when TMs easily overpower all of them by a considerable margin.

Lyrian

Is Gilgamesh doable without an MP battery? I unfortunately don't have a Ling, and having Bartz frequently killing himself doesn't seem viable in a fight like this. Otherwise I've got every non-collab/seasonal 3 & 4* base, plus Cupid Luna, Randi, Queen, and Marie.

edit: my strongest DPS is ~670 Chizuru with Dual Wield, and AFAIK I have just about every event elemental weapon.

Yes, although you'll likely need to use MP restoring items and thereby missing the "no items" achievement. Cleared it the first time this way.

creid

It's possible. I have Bartz and I think I only MP-Batteried him once which could be replaced with an item. With good MP management it's possible w/o, would just need a MP-regn like Cover to make sure you don't run out.

Yes, although you'll likely need to use MP restoring items and thereby missing the "no items" achievement. Cleared it the first time this way.
Thanks, that's not so bad.

cw_sasuke

No offense taken xD
At the end its just my opinion and how im feeling right now. I dont play as many Gacha titles to begin with,,,but i realized that the ones that hook me for longer, while having simple basic gameplays, also rewards players for good plays. Hitting perfects or manual targeting in OPTC, high combos or in general using combo leads in PaD.....in general i really like the classic turn based system, but after playing for a while i think a ATB system would probably be more challenging and rewarding.

Then again i liked the game during the CNY event. Lets see how those Raid event turn out...

evangd007

Thanks, that's not so bad.

The third time you hit Gilgamesh with a water attack he will use Break to buff his DEF and SPR and do nothing else that turn. If you take Noctis as your friend unit, you can use that opportunity to use cover and that should keep your MP set for the fight.

Also your Queen can MP battery.

Pro-rate the chance for a trust increase at 10% per energy spent.

creid

The third time you hit Gilgamesh with a water attack he will use Break to buff his DEF and SPR and do nothing else that turn. If you take Noctis as your friend unit, you can use that opportunity to use cover and that should keep your MP set for the fight.

Also your Queen can MP battery.
Does this "Break" lower my stats, or only buff his?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- still haven't cleared Gilga, but only because I only want/need that sweet +30% so i'm not bothering with a 6-team. I'll give it another shot soon. Thanks to everyone for the help and support.

-- agree with Lyrian and Shin and Muku about the state of the game, what makes it fun, and what the ultimate solve is .. even if everyone is saying it a bit differently.

-- one more time let me reiterate how personally bad this mog event was for me. I pulled exactly one banner unit, got 3 Nimbus, and about 5-6 bombs over two full weeks, with only 300ish nrg going toward gilga and TMs instead. I got the 30K moogle and I'm sitting on 22K-ish phantoma atm, trying to get 30k for the +15% ATK materia before he closes up shop. i'm just in that part of the meta where that just-below-whale-only content is super easy to clear but not super rewarding. if i had a couple more banner units which forced each run to be more challenging i might have had more fun with it. what a drag.

-- i'm super excited for this raid event. i love these things.

-- i have like 0 lapis and 1 ticket. LOL

Does CoDs omni veil stack with someone else using bar fira? Just prepping a team for later.

Update,
I just tested this by attacking my own team with both going and yes, I believe they stack.

creid

Against Gilgamesh, if I've only got 1 Dual Wield TM, am I better off with 1 DPS + Exdeath (w Dualcast) or 2 DPS, when one of them can only use 1 weapon?

Off topic but speaking to that, I finally summoned 5* unit in that game, well 2 to be exact. Got a Corrin and some healer girl. Can't remember her name at the moment but I'm starting to come around a bit on it. Even for something slightly different to do for an hour or 2 a day.

tuffymon

Against Gilgamesh, if I've only got 1 Dual Wield TM, am I better off with 1 DPS + Exdeath (w Dualcast) or 2 DPS, when one of them can only use 1 weapon?

Get a friend unit that can fill as many roles as you need and you'll have an easier time with that suggestion. Personally, I'd go the DPS over Ex, just for hp purposes, but I understand party limitations and such.

Celegus

Does CoDs omni veil stack with someone else using bar fira? Just prepping a team for later.

Update,
I just tested this by attacking my own team with both going and yes, I believe they stack.

That's interesting, I didn't think they would.

I saw on that thar reddit a weird glitch that can turn dual cast magic into double attacks instead... Yun attacking 8 times?! I wonder if that even does more damage than Raging Bird regardless. Don't think I have the patience to sit through the animation even if it does haha

Really just depends what you have to work with. If you have a decent dps unit, I'd just grab a high dps friend unit and make the rest of your team into supporting those two via healing, element sealing, mana regen, etc. Two high damage units is plenty for this, everything else should worry more about defense.

Syntsui

Yeah just tried again. I was mistaken. I guess barfira is just straight up way better than omniveil. Omniveil sucks for as much as it costs. Wtf is the point of it.

It covers all elements, barfira covers only fire but a higher %. Against mono-elemental bosses, the Barspells will always be better.

Visceir

Kinda regret not having gotten Bushido Freedome yet, would greatly help with dispelling the debuffs in ifrit battle.

Hope there are some cactuar point rewards for the raid, could really use more cactuars to level units.

Xion86

Oh my...that's exactly what I did too :( them busts! But damn that was pricey.

Anyway, I used a few refreshes today and grabbed the 30k Moogle and a few Awakening materials I needed. Left the two last Summoning Tickets and the MP Materia.
Glad to be done with this event.

Put Yun up for raid. I might use some of my 20k arena medals to max his ATK if it seems like I need to once I've done it a few times.

I really need a damn Genji Glove to eliminate having to waste an ATK slot with DW...ugh.

wilstreak

If you had to choose between Noctis or Orlandu, which one would you choose?

from every difficult battle, it becomes clearer to me that Noctis is even more important than pure DPS.

Ken

Kinda regret not having gotten Bushido Freedome yet, would greatly help with dispelling the debuffs in ifrit battle.

Hope there are some cactuar point rewards for the raid, could really use more cactuars to level units.

how do you clear your own debuffs with bushido?

Celegus

how do you clear your own debuffs with bushido?

Target your own team when choosing the target. Since it dispels, it will clear any buffs and/or debuffs, so wait to use your buffs until after Ifrit does the -50% res debuff; clear it, then buff.

Team right now is going to be Ling, Yun, Firion, Noctis, Marie (with carbuncle for cura). Ling pretty much as a failsafe until I see how nasty the paralyze is and for reviving. She's at 130% fire res before barfiraga and has ring of the lucii, so she's pretty unkillable.

Also curious if it would be faster to pimp out Firion all the way and just chain with two chizurus. Plenty of time to test at least!

NomarTyme

I running with 2 chiz, Firion, Cecil and Refia. Both Cecil and Refia has 100% flame resist. All of the units have Paralyze protection(Refia have natural protection thankfully!). Going to chain him to death!

Going to use Noctis's friend for breaking!

I also have 4 Jack's TM on Cecil! continuous Sacred Guard FTW?

Target your own team when choosing the target. Since it dispels, it will clear any buffs and/or debuffs, so wait to use your buffs until after Ifrit does the -50% res debuff; clear it, then buff.

Team right now is going to be Ling, Yun, Firion, Noctis, Marie (with carbuncle for cura). Ling pretty much as a failsafe until I see how nasty the paralyze is and for reviving. She's at 130% fire res before barfiraga and has ring of the lucii, so she's pretty unkillable.

Also curious if it would be faster to pimp out Firion all the way and just chain with two chizurus. Plenty of time to test at least!

I hope its faster because I seen some videos and the battle is a little bit long even with strong units.

Ken

is there a special technique to choosing your team as the target? i was trying in arena and couldnt get it to work

Raid team:

Ling with Cbuncle 50 base fire resist, bar fira, and bushido freedom.
Olive with Ifrit 50 fire resist 1100 atk.
Noct with Odin 20 fire resist from infernal armlet 900 atk.
Refia with Odin and 50 fire resist, not near my phone so and I can't remember if I gave her flame shield and equip heavy shield.
Cecil 100 fire resist 8500 hp, flame shield and flame armor.

Syntsui

I wonder how much damage 2x Tri Attacks (800+ ATK/Excalibur) + 2x Warp Break (800+ATK/Excalibur) is going to cause, assuming Gumi doesn't invent a Holy resistance out of nowhere. If they invent a resistance I'll have to change the entire strategy and abuse friend Yun instead of Noctis.

I won't have Ramza ready to sing, so Embolden will have to be enough, probably three rounds should suffice as long as he doesn't cause any ailment/debuffs on the party. This chain doesn't hit 20x but it's very strong and made short work of these last event bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom