• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Hey all, quite amusing catching up with the last few pages since I went to sleep :D just seeing everyone gear up for Ifrit, then a ton of posts about everyone getting destroyed on ELT :p brilliant. I'll have a go soon.

It's my birthday today (31) so I'm going to treat myself to an 11 pull!! :)

Daily pull was Rydia.

Still need to sort out my Raid team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hey all, quite amusing catching up with the last few pages since I went to sleep :D just seeing everyone gear up for Ifrit, then a ton of posts about everyone getting destroyed on ELT :p brilliant. I'll have a go soon.

Daily pull was Rydia.

Happy Birthday....and best of luck on your 11pull.

bryt

Yay, I finally did it!!

NhN7RZJ.png

Feep

Banned
I got Refia, but no Gilgamesh or Noctis like I wanted. Who knows how low those rates are. :(

Edit: Is the Achievement Status button broken? I wanna see what the rewards are...

Xion86

I got Refia, but no Gilgamesh or Noctis like I wanted. Who knows how low those rates are. :(

Edit: Is the Achievement Status button broken? I wanna see what the rewards are...

Yeah I'd really, really like Gilgamesh.

(Funny enough I'm just about to face him at the end of Final Fantasy V! Playing through it for the very first time).

Nikokuno

Daily pull was Rydia.

Happy Birthday

Xion86

Happy Birthday

My UK brother, happy birthday friend. Got much planned for it?

Thanks mate! I got the day off work, so I'm going to finish off Final Fantasy V, play Exvius and hopefully some Breath of the Wild later :).

Hmm my Firion isn't maxed out yet, need those Dunes! I'm also wondering if I should use up all the pots I have on him. Never actually used him properly in battle yet.

Wow, 1.2 mil for Yshtola... Not sure I can grind it out that much! Hhave yet to run the event but will do so in a bit.

I really need dualcast or Yshtola.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Woof, threw in all the crystals and tickets I had saved (hadn't done a multi other than the free one prior). 70 units and no Noctis. :-( Did get Gilgamesh, a 2nd Ramza and 6 Zidanes for dual wielding goodness.

Also spent an hour cleaning up my unit inventory from 300 something back down to 175. Is there a list somewhere of units I can definitely trash? Was thinking of buying crystals but don't want to prevent myself from playing due to character overflow.

linkent

Happy Birthday Xion!

To those who wanted the 100lapis but couldnt clear ELT like me.
Read this spoiler for a trick to clear it.
If you're like me, you want as much Lapis as possible. If you're also like me, you thought you'd give Elite a try, and promptly got slaughtered.

Well, have no fear. Those missions are not beyond your reach!

You can complete the missions easily, all you need is someone able to cast water, two more people to cast other spells, and a unit like Kefka or even Eldin to use escape.

Cast your spells, then escape, and you will be able to flee the battle. Further, the game will report "YOU WON!", and the missions will clear.

Enjoy your free 100 Lapis!

EDIT: I also want to note that I cannot claim credit for this trick. I saw it being discussed a week or so ago. If I could remember who I saw brought this up, I would most assuredly give them the credit they so richly deserve.

credit to
/u/JMooj https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5zwigh/the_missions_on_elite/

Myze

Got a Locke with daily pull.

Decided to do a few ticket pulls and on the first one finally managed to get Noctis. (Yay!)

All my TMs so far have been going towards building up Yun. Not really a bad thing, but almost none of those TMs will benefit Noctis except Dual Wield (Kaiser Knuckles x2, Crimson Slayer, Champion's Belt x2), but that's ok. Will keep me from stripping Yun. Although, I will need to find another Zidane now. Guess I should keep pulling. Oh well, kind of a "first world problem."

Coppanuva

Got 1 turned on elite... jeez that was awful.

Then pulled a daily and got my first Chizuru!!! I've been wanting her for forever, but now I have 2 other DPS units in Olive anyhow... Think I'm done with this banner now, that (and a spare zidane) were the only things I wanted from this banner.

Rixa

Got a Locke with daily pull.

Decided to do a few ticket pulls and on the first one finally managed to get Noctis. (Yay!)

All my TMs so far have been going towards building up Yun. Not really a bad thing, but almost none of those TMs will benefit Noctis except Dual Wield (Kaiser Knuckles x2, Crimson Slayer, Champion's Belt x2), but that's ok. Will keep me from stripping Yun. Although, I will need to find another Zidane now. Guess I should keep pulling. Oh well, kind of a "first world problem."

Well you can still cruise with Chicken & Noc in same party. So no harm done :).

So Im thinking

Make a Chaining team. Stack as many bonuses with as few units as possible.

Dish as much damage as possible in the first turn and then escape

doing 25% and escaping only got about 1500 event points and 120 raid coins on ELT though

You are betting off running pro unless the rewards increase drastically past 50% health

Myze

Well you can still cruise with Chicken & Noc in same party. So no harm done :).

Yeah, I also forgot I still had a Zidane with ~20% on his TM (I actually had 6 of them when I got my first DW). Still be nice to get a second.

I'm not sure what I want to shoot for first in TM. Thinking a party of Zidane, Gaffgarion, Chizaru x2 and Cecil (already over 60%). While I'm sure the Blade Mastery will be nice, sadly the best Katana I have is Murasame. I quit playing for a couple of weeks when Chirijiraden was available to be made and Miyuki is probably the only 3star I've never got. I guess if I can get most everything else, I may be able to beat the Gilgamesh Trial.

We'll see. Anyway, at least this gave me a boost to keep playing longer.

Kouriozan

I kinda wanted Gumi to nerf it since we don't have Orlandu/Aileen/Tidus
lol nope
, at least I did the escape trick for the Lapis.

So I watch the Art of Chaining Kill

8k and 800 coins if you can pull off a chain kill

But he did it with stacked Olive, Chizzys and 2 stacked Firions

It did look like he did more damage than was necessary

Im thinking practicing a chain kill with Edgars cuz why not

Im thinking 2 Edgar with Coral Sword, Friend Olive, Seven for Debuff, and I need to figure out the last 2 slots

I suppose Locke to escape if its a one turn fail so I still get rank. And someone to Debuff defense I guess?

Ughhhhh got him to 10% my last orb attempt and my resist or his break must have expired and I didn't notice and he did plume :(((((((( switched out Randi who died in a single hit for Noctis for some breaks.

H3xum

I literally LOL'd when I tried ELT.

Cruised through the other rounds 0HKO then got decimated in one turn by Ifrit. He got his revenge on this poor, poor adventurer

Rixa

Made 10+1, for hoping Zidanes to fast my DW process.
1 Zidane, Chizuru, Luka, Refia and trash (Shadow, Bedile, Penelo).

wilstreak

not sure whether my calculation is wrong or what.

The event will end on 31, so this is 13 day event.
PRO Ifrit with bonus give around 3000 point and in 1 day we got 24 orb so 3000 x 24 = 72.000 times 13 day and our point will be around 936.000, still 200K short to get Yshtola.

So we need to beat ELT or if not possible, spend lapis for refill?

Just put my Noctis on Ifrit for you guys but he wont be very amazing until I get quite a few tms completed

I wont have perfect dodge ready before the event ends most likely :(

Im gonna try to build a chain kill team while I grind PRO

across

After a couple more ELT runs, I think this fight would almost be okay if not for break resistance on Ifrit.

If you can land both parts of Ling's break (or probably even basic Full Break) on him round 1, get Barfira (or better) up, and have decent HP or fire res or both, you can survive the first round. Then you can Bushido - Freedom the fire res debuff off, reapply Barfira, get DEF/SPR buffs up, and push through, repeating that pattern every 3 turns (I think it's every 3 that he does Radiant Plume)

I got him to about 10% with a 1100 Olive companion and a largely defensive setup (Cecil/Ling/Refia/Firion/Randi) utilizing this method.

The problem, to wrap this back around, is that if you fail that first break (and consecutive ones prior to Radiant Plume) you're going to get pasted and it's really not easy to recover in this fight.

WTB Noctis.

not sure whether my calculation is wrong or what.

The event will end on 31, so this is 13 day event.
PRO Ifrit with bonus give around 3000 point and in 1 day we got 24 orb so 3000 x 24 = 72.000 times 13 day and our point will be around 936.000, still 200K short to get Yshtola.

So we need to beat ELT or if not possible, spend lapis for refill?

Or you can get her in a summon, which is what I'm shooting for.

Malakhov

Banned
I tried it with Rain's break and it helps a whole lot but on one turn he killed Refia so it went downhill from there. Looked much better than the first time I tried it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom