• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Hope we'll get WoL/Garland upgrade next week, for those sweet 45% DEF/SPR and ATK/MAG debuff.
Garland will get some pretty nice +ATK% passives too.

Releasing Aileen right after Orlandeau would be crazy though, hahaha.

Syntsui

Eileen might be better than Orlandu in the long run, but holy shit she will be hard to set up. We have zero earth weapons (golem staff is a joke) apart from her TM.

Valentus

Eileen might be better than Orlandu in the long run, but holy shit she will be hard to set up. We have zero earth weapons (golem staff is a joke) apart from her TM.

Eileen needs her TM more than any other earth weapon for her spear mastery too.

If gumi releases Eileen next week, it would be the 3 most insane weeks of gacha history.

Azuran

Banned

Units like her is the reason I have over 300% of Trust Moogles sitting in my inventory.

NomarTyme

Gumi already drained most people with Orlandu, so they'll wait couple weeks(for your bank account to recharge) before Eileen release.

tuffymon

The best part of using Ling to solo Elt is bringing a full party of scrubs to soak up the exp... by the time the battle ends... you check energy / orbs, use as necessary and resend ling to go plvl her buddies~ turned on autolimit this time though, curious to see how many she pulls off in her paper cut battle...

Celegus

Guess DQ won't be for a while for sure now, since that's also a mog king one. Eileen looks cooler than the old man at least!

Syntsui

Gumi already drained most people with Orlandu, so they'll wait couple weeks(for your bank account to recharge) before Eileen release.

If I were Gumi, I would release Eileen just to see how far the non-whale consumers can go. Orlandu was a fan favorite expected for months by every single kind of player, Eileen is pretty much a nobody, only the studied people know her potential.

There is no nostalgia at stake also, so if somehow everyone go crazy on her banner after all that we've been through, Gumi will know they have the player base by a leash and they can get away with anything because we are all a bunch of tier junkies.

NomarTyme

If I were Gumi, I would release Eileen just to see how far the non-whale consumers can go. Orlandu was a fan favorite expected for months by every single kind of player, Eileen is pretty much a nobody, only the studied people know her potential.

There is no nostalgia at stake also, so if somehow everyone go crazy on her banner after all that we've been through, Gumi will know they have the player base by a leash and they can get away with anything because we are all a bunch of tier junkies.

That would be pretty damn evil if try to do this. Oh well! PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!

I watched all the pull videos... they're all junkies(Except for E pink he just doesn't give a fuck )

Some people already mentioning something about Easter holiday.... maybe they could create the gap for Eileen release.

Valentus

well at least just 1 gaffer quit. Thats less from the lightning great cataclysm last year.

So were still here unite. Thats nice.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I hear you.

TFW when you can't really clear Ifrit ELT anymore because all the Noctii and Olives have been replaced with Orlandeaus, who don't chain well with anyone outside of other Orlandeaus :/

I managed to resolve this by swapping Ling out and using all the Orlandu as my breaker. Still works pretty well, I'm two runs away from the moogle.

Whales

Banned
feels like aI missed a lot in my 3 weeks hiatus

just how the heck do people even clear ifrit on ELT? I can MAXIMUM get him to half health with a turn 1 nuke but then I just get destroyed

Shanlei91

just how the heck do people even clear ifrit on ELT? I can MAXIMUM get him to half health with a turn 1 nuke but then I just get destroyed

Keep up Protectga/Shieldga/Barfira as well as break atk/mag. That's pretty much it, then the DPS you bring dictates how long the fight goes on for. Usually "Ifrit randomly nuked my team!" is due to atk or mag break wearing off. I discovered that you can't find out if it wore off that turn until he actually attacks (his ailments aren't updated until after he attacks), so it's best to keep reapplying to play it safe.

Whales

Banned
Keep up Protectga/Shieldga/Barfira as well as break atk/mag. That's pretty much it, then the DPS you bring dictates how long the fight goes on for. Usually "Ifrit randomly nuked my team!" is due to atk or mag break wearing off. I discovered that you can't find out if it wore off that turn until he actually attacks (his ailments aren't updated until after he attacks), so it's best to keep reapplying to play it safe.

I see
I use embolden and focus, but its not enough. Need barfira in there too.. which is problematic because the only dude on my team that can use barfira is cecil, but if he uses barfira he cant use focus on the first round... and doublecast doesnt work sadly

who's a good char to use to apply these buffs? my team is double noctis, double orlandu ( 1 friend) , cecil and refia. What should I change in there? I pretty much all of the games 3 and 4 star characters

Shanlei91

I see
I use embolden and focus, but its not enough. Need barfira in there too.. which is problematic because the only dude on my team that can use barfira is cecil, but if he uses barfira he cant use focus on the first round... and doublecast doesnt work sadly

who's a good char to use to apply these buffs? my team is double noctis, double orlandu ( 1 friend) , cecil and refia. What should I change in there? I pretty much all of the games 3 and 4 star characters

I used Marie but Cerius could be good. Dualcast Protecga/Barfira while Cecil uses focus. Given your setup it's probably better to just put Carbuncle on a DPS unit and have them cast Barfira every 3 turns.

Visceir

I see

I did Minfilia(barfira+atk buffs second turn if she survived 1st turn)+edgar(chain first turn)+edgar(chain first turn)+olive(breaks first turn, nuke second)+olive(nuke)+WoL(breaks first turn, provoke second turn with fire resist shield+armor). Nuked for 3 turns and then bailed with smoke bombs. Getting 50% on ELT > completing PRO

Would obviously be more effective with chizurus...or Orlandus replacing edgars.

Valentus

I see

your friendlist should be full of orlandus.

Just use orlandu's weapon break (ATK/MAG down 40%) plus barfira (or even better if you get a minfilia from the raid summon. She has -70% AoE elemental damage of each of the 8 elements) and thats it.

If you have a WoL, equip him with HP materias and Flame Shield / Flame armor. He can tank ifrit easily (ifrit with breaks ON) and also has full break just in case (Ifrit has 30% breaks resistance, so Orlandu's Weapon Break could not enter)

Ifrit uses an Attack that is called "vulcan burst" that paralizes your party. Bring Jewelled rings or ribbons (specially on your key units like the tank and healer if not is refia)

The trial is easy, you just need to know ifrit's pace.

Lyrian

Can't unsee Chilly forever hugging his Chocobo </3

At least somebody caught that. I have a picture for posterity, at least.

I managed to resolve this by swapping Ling out and using all the Orlandu as my breaker. Still works pretty well, I'm two runs away from the moogle.

Fortunately, I have already cleared the moogle, so I'm not too worried about the situation and top 10K is pretty much guaranteed at this point as a ton of people stopped after 1.2m, and almost everyone has stopped at 1.6m after that. Still, the few Olives left on my friends list at least lets me play out with Refia with a freshly earned Equip H Shield, which greatly increases her survivability on ELT, which is allowing me to stabilize more runs successfully.

I see

The FF14 raid is about 2 months ahead in power creep, so ELT Ifrit is crazy hard compared to previous ELT bosses. He is manageable, but given current units, you have to walk a very tight rope to clear him.

Basically, on turn 1 you absolutely need: Embolden (Refia), Focus (Cecil), Barfira or ga (a number of units, or the craftable materia, or Carbunkle attached to a unit (I had it junctioned to my Luneth for buffing refresh turns), at least 1 and preferably 2 breakers if possible. Many bring a friend Noctis as a second breaker. EDIT: As Valentus said above, Orlandu can also work as a second breaker as well.

ELT Ifrit has 30% break resistance, so bringing only one breaker can result in problems because if he resists a break (especially ATK), his turn is going to result in a guaranteed wipe. Defense breaks are up to you, but ATK and MAG are critical to have on him on all times and refreshed as much as possible, just in case he resists on a given turn.

All defense buffs also need to be up on all turns as well. Ifrit's most damaging move is Vulcan Burst, which can randomly be rolled multiple times per turn. If DEF is not up, the party will like wipe from full health if he rolls it twice that round, which is fairly likely.

So, in short, all defense buffs + barfira up at all times, ATK and MAG break must be up on all times. If you can do that, it's just a battle of attrition, depending on the DPS you bring to the fight. There's practically zero room for even accidental error, though.

EDIT: Plus what Valentus said, as well.

EDIT 2: Also, fun fact, bring smoke bombs as well, for when things go wrong, you can use one and escape the fight earning full rank xp and partial raid credit. Very, very handy.

Celegus

Welp I guess I used my Orlandeau luck up in Mobius instead, just got Unbreakable Bonds the FF XV supreme card. I'll take it!

Syntsui

Orlandu brothers unite

cidolfus_orlandeau_by_serathus-d1y899m.jpg

People were talking about how Gumi/Alim is delaying Quina because they are still figuring out how to handle blue magic. I understand this is something hard to implement in this game right now, but I think it's funny that we already have her in the game somehow.

Just look at the very first announcement trailer for this game and you can see Quina at 1:39m mark. I has been almost 2 years and they still have no idea what to do with a character that already exist lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bhRtof5oOA
I never noticed that before. Even funnier, they replaced Quina with Celes in the English trailer.

tuffymon

I don't see what the big deal is... instead of having to physically learn it like usual... just earn 15~ of the spells through leveling up >.>;

That chaining video is disgusting, but awesome

Doctor_No

Yeah, I am finding my Yun and Orlandu without even really trying are getting decent combos.

Yun really has been such a great unit recently, especially with the Ifrit event.

What holy weapon is Yun using?

In that gif, just two Kaiser knuckles on each Yun. I've also tried Excaliber as well using Equip L Sword Materia but its the same 67 hit combo; though it might have done more damage.

bonkeng

Fooling around with Orlandu. Discovered Orlandu and Yun combo pretty well with each other. 2 Orlandu + 2 Yun = 67 hit combo.

qXM4qwQ.gif

Yes I'm doing the same. The only problem is we need to press all 4 at the same time. Using auto won't cut it. It has to be macro'ed for simultaneous press.

Doctor_No

Yes I'm doing the same. The only problem is we need to press all 4 at the same time. Using auto won't cut it. It has to be macro'ed for simultaneous press.

Yeah, a simple macro with 8x speed is the most consistent, it works every time. There's a thread currently on reddit about it. My next goal is to chain the above with two Olivas to finish off.

Im trying to max out some characters while we still have Dunes going on.

Do we have any units today that are trash but will become very good in the future?

bonkeng

Yeah, a simple macro with 8x speed is the most consistent, it works every time. There's a thread currently on reddit about it. My next goal is to chain the above with two Olivas to finish off.

I've been doing 3 Yuns + Olive and it kills Ifrit in 1 turn.

Using 2 Yun + 2 Cid + 2 Olive, Ifrit's gonna need 2 life bars instead.

Minor problem is, it's 3 separate elements with Wind, Thunder and Light. If all comes from 1 element, even 10 million hp won't survive that onslaught.

Do we have any units today that are trash but will become very good in the future?

Ramza, Randi and DKC. Maybe Ace.

I'm guessing you're talking about units that might get enhancements or 6* awakening in the future... so:

Ramza.
Tilith.
Agrias.
WoL.
Randi.

... (there's tiers here, you see) ...

Donkey Kong Cecil.
Kefka.
Vaan.
Terra.

I've been doing 3 Yuns + Olive and it kills Ifrit in 1 turn.

Using 2 Yun + 2 Cid + 2 Olive, Ifrit's gonna need 2 life bars instead.

Minor problem is, it's 3 separate elements with Wind, Thunder and Light. If all comes from 1 element, even 10 million hp won't survive that onslaught.

Ramza, Randi and DKC. Maybe Ace.

Good I will start with them, oh wait I have 0 of those units :( haha

Bonkeng Think ZIdane, sabin, Shadwo, tellah, Garnet those kind of "trash" units, I have a ton of em lol

I'm guessing you're talking about units that might get enhancements or 6* awakening in the future... so:

Ramza.
Tilith.
Agrias.
WoL.
Randi.

... (there's tiers here, you see) ...

Donkey Kong Cecil.
Kefka.
Vaan.
Terra.

right on, I can do this.
Agrias i have 5
WoL i have 3.
Kefka I have 5.
Vaan I have 5.
Terra I have 2.

Thanks mate will start maxing them out.

right on, I can do this.
Agrias i have 5
WoL i have 3.
Kefka I have 5.
Vaan I have 5.
Terra I have 2.

Focus on WoL, then Agrias. Only if you're bored, work on the rest - they'll be outclassed by pretty much everything.

But WoL will become the best full breaker and a great tank. And Agrias is, for lack of a better word, Poorlandu.

Focus on WoL, then Agrias. Only if you're bored, work on the rest - they'll be outclassed by pretty much everything.

But WoL will become the best full breaker and a great tank. And Agrias is, for lack of a better word, Poorlandu.

Cool. WoL is getting maxed.

sold some Raid Coins... 1.2mill chan ching!

bonkeng

Good I will start with them, oh wait I have 0 of those units :( haha

Bonkeng Think ZIdane, sabin, Shadwo, tellah, Garnet those kind of "trash" units, I have a ton of em lol

Lol I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were asking about any units lol. Sorry bout that.

Future 3-4* units worth maxing now would be:

4*
Agrias
WoL
Tilith
Luka

3*
Charlotte
Garland

2*
Laswell

The rest like Terra, Kefka, Vaan are not worth your time and effort.

We'll see about the ff9 upgrades, but Zidane should be good since he'll get innate DW dagger.

Lol I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were asking about any units lol. Sorry bout that.

Future 3-4* units worth maxing now would be:

4*
Agrias
WoL
Tilith
Luka

3*
Charlotte
Garland

2*
Laswell

The rest like Terra, Kefka, Vaan are not worth your time and effort.

We'll see about the ff9 upgrades, but Zidane should be good since he'll get innate DW dagger.

No worries my friend, I was just trying to be funny :)
I have Luka! Got her for the first time on my Orlandu pull !

Will add her to the rooster to be maxed out. Thanks Bonk!

across

right on, I can do this.
Agrias i have 5
WoL i have 3.
Kefka I have 5.
Vaan I have 5.
Terra I have 2.

You likely don't need multiples of most of those units. WoL, Vaan and Terra you only need one of. 1-2 Agrias (though you have Orlandeau, so probably just 1), Kefka might be worth keeping multiples of if you TM macro for a few Ribbons, otherwise you could pretty safely merge them all into each other.

Just some advice if you have unit space troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom