• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
You likely don't need multiples of most of those units. WoL, Vaan and Terra you only need one of. 1-2 Agrias (though you have Orlandeau, so probably just 1), Kefka might be worth keeping multiples of if you TM macro for a few Ribbons, otherwise you could pretty safely merge them all into each other.

Just some advice if you have unit space troubles.

Yeah thanks. I do have trouble with space. I have upgraded it and I have 315 units slots still having issues with finding spots as I hord and save most units....

across

Yeah thanks. I do have trouble with space. I have upgraded it and I have 315 units slots still having issues with finding spots as I hord and save most units....

Yeah... you can safely condense a lot of those. Very very few units are worth running duplicates of for active use (as in you would use more than 1 in a party) - Chizuru, Exdeath and I suppose Edgar are the non-5* units that are coming to mind. You only need multiples, then, if you're going to farm multiple copies of their TMs.

You also then have to try and be realistic about how many copies you're ever going to farm, even if you macro, before something more important comes down the line... assuming you don't spend lapis to speed the process along. If you don't macro at all, I have no idea what the best practice regarding saving/condensing units is, but 315 unit slots is a considerable amount of lapis spent..

tuffymon

315 is crazy, at the positive side though... it's a permanent increase. I'd love like a google doc of the entire list and condensing it >:O

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hmmm I'm at 900k points for this Ifrit achievement thing. Maybe I can get to 1.2 milli before it ends and get a Yshtola that way.

I..........got him again. Wasn't expecting to pull again but I got the itch, used the remaining lapis I had set aside for tm farming. . 2 rainbows. Another TGC and another Emperor. Dark Fina still evades me.

When it rains, it pours in here, on both sides of the lucky coin. Those of us who are cursed keep getting crap, while we have multiple double Orlandeaus as well.

I'll just sit here quietly in the corner and wait for my newly pulled Agrias to get her 6* so I can chain it with one of ya Deau.

when do we find out what the next banner will be?
Any educated guesses for what it could be ?

My brother is on the fence to pull or not... he needs a good Attack unit he has good magicians and healers and support but no real DPSer.

bonkeng

Any educated guesses for what it would be or what the next good banner will be?

My brother is on the fence to pull or not... he needs a good Attack unit he has good magicians and healers and support but no real DPSer.

I'm guessing Eileen, since her event is just an exploration. One and done.

Along with WoL and Garland upgrade.

JP also released Orlandu and Eileen quite close, along with Tidus.

Kouriozan

Any educated guesses for what it would be or what the next good banner will be?

Should be Tuesday, either Aileen or exclusive event with WoL/Garland upgrade.
Dragon Quest is a pretty long grind event so I doubt they would release it soon.

wilstreak

Thanks guys

Eileen, seems like she is a attack unit. Will she be better than Noctis or luneth?

i don't think there are unit better than Noctis in JP in that because he cover many role at once. Noctis is very versatile and that makes him able to fit with many team building. But if it is about pure DPS, Orlandu, Olive, Eileen is better than him.

Luneth is already dated now. The only advantage of him is innate Dual Wield which is good for new player who don't have DW TM. He will get enhanced in the future, but Eileen will be better.

bonkeng

Thanks guys

Eileen, seems like she is a attack unit. Will she be better than Noctis or luneth?

Noctis and Eileen aren't actually comparable. Unless you're strictly comparing as a dps unit.

Noctis is an all rounder. He covers the holes in your party. Not the best at any given role, but good enough.

Eileen is a top dps unit that can also support by having an AoE hp/mp heal.

Luneth is nothing compared to the other 2, even after enhancements.

Malakhov

Banned
Almost done with Ramza, he's now lvl 95. That will be the third unit I level from the dunes after Ling and Minfilia. I think I will stop there for this weekend and start on the mog king event, there's also 100 cactuars there.

The drop is any good? I managed to get three bonus units so far.

Almost done with Ramza, he's now lvl 95. That will be the third unit I level from the dunes after Ling and Minfilia. I think I will stop there for this weekend and start on the mog king event, there's also 100 cactuars there.

The drop is any good? I managed to get three bonus units so far.

I have maxed
Orlandu
Minfilia
what was left on Yun

working on WoL now.

I have Y¨sthola to lvl up but as I have Refia with Dualcast...might just be pointless to max her out.

Valentus

I have maxed
Orlandu
Minfilia
what was left on Yun

working on WoL now.

I have Y¨sthola to lvl up but as I have Refia with Dualcast...might just be pointless to max her out.

the powercreep we had makes you no need for 2 healers (thats where refia and Yshtola makes a good team)

Also, we probably will get Tilith 6 star soon, so yeah... if you have limited resources, save it for WoL (and even garland)

man oh man

Hearing people get double orlandus makes these tough times

Cant even get one and IM done trying

Gonna horde up for Esper Terra I think

Malakhov

Banned
I have maxed
Orlandu
Minfilia
what was left on Yun

working on WoL now.

I'll pass on Y'shtola for now. Maybe another event if I don't have anybody else to level. Refia with dual cast does the job fine.

Malakhov

Banned
the powercreep we had makes you no need for 2 healers (thats where refia and Yshtola makes a good team)

Also, we probably will get Tilith 6 star soon, so yeah... if you have limited resources, save it for WoL (and even garland)
Hmm, made me realise we might be getting wol 6* soon, I will keep the cactuars from the mog king event for him once I can awake him.

across

man oh man

Hearing people get double orlandus makes these tough times

Cant even get one and IM done trying

Gonna horde up for Esper Terra I think

Outside of Ramza & Randi, Terra/Esper Terra might be my favorite FF character who is actually in BE. It makes me sad base Terra even at 6* is no great shakes and that I definitely won't have the necessary resources to chase her Esper form. I hope you get her, though, so I can play around with her as a friend unit.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Decided to use my leftover lapis from my Players Choice purchase for two 11 pulls.

All garbage. 🙃

Not doing another 11 pull until next players choice.

wilstreak

Do Gumi mess with the Gigantuar rate ? Today farming is alot less productive than last 2 days. suck

Decided to use my leftover lapis from my Players Choice purchase for two 11 pulls.

All garbage. ��

Not doing another 11 pull until next players choice.

i bet the next people choice will be Tidus and Orlandu and week after that, it will be OK Banner.

bonkeng

I'll just consistently live in the previous meta. *hugs Noctis*

Noctis previous meta? No way!

I still think he's the best overall unit in the game. He's too unique that there's really no replacement for him.

On the other hand, Orlandu can be replaced with other top tier dps units like Eileen, Tidus, Dark Veritas and Onion Knight.

I still think he's the best overall unit in the game. He's too unique that there's really no replacement for him.

On the other hand, Orlandu can be replaced with other top tier dps units like Eileen, Tidus, Dark Veritas and Onion Knight.

Yeah Noctis is something else IMO.
I would trade my Orlandu for a Noctis :)

Malakhov

Banned

I agree. I regret not trying to get Noctis, he's the complete package. He can raise, regen mana & HP for everybody, debuff, buff etc..

He's the friend unit I use the most, he adds a lot to a team. Reminds me of a shaman in everquest. Jack of all trades but master of none.

across

Yeah Noctis is something else IMO.
I would trade my Orlandu for a Noctis :)

Yup.

FFT is a fav and Orlandeau is a cool dude but if the Player's Choice banner hadn't been split and it was just Noctis, I would have chased him, not Orlandeau.

Utility/options > raw power, especially for F2P/dolphins, who can't rely on always having the latest and greatest. Noctis' TM is also one of the dumbest things in the game, despite the ranking it received on the wiki.

Shanlei91

I really do prefer a jack of all trades unit versus pure damage, it's why I decided to shell out money for players choice versus for Orlandeau. Maintaining Cover, backup breaking and using Comeback when things go south are the only reasons I can even do Ifrit ELT.

And even though the dude has the personality of a graham cracker, I like the character.

SeanTSC

It's not like Noctis is a slouch on damage either. Sure, he can't really build a chain, but he's still by far one of the hardest hitters in the game.

You can work him into chains pretty well too. My 2x Noctis + Orlandeau and Friend Orlandeau chain together great. Could easily one-shot Ifrit with my team of Burrito, Elza, Noctis x2, Orlandeau x2 if I had more DPS TMs done. Sadly, Noctis2 is a total scrub atm gearwise.

Oh, and he's still the Arena King.

Still can't believe I can't beat Ifrit ELT w/ Olive, 2x Orlandeau, Refia and Ling...

He just hits so damn hard, even with MAG, ATK down and Barfira up.

Malakhov

Banned
Still can't believe I can't beat Ifrit ELT w/ Olive, 2x Orlandeau, Refia and Ling...

You need a tank in there. I'd go with Cecil, refia, ling, orlandu and olive if I were you.

Cecil does barfira round 1, focus round 2, provoke round 3 then rinse & repeat the rest of the fight. You can skip a focus or provoke for an emergency backup heal but never barfira.

Refia does Embolden first round, dual cast curaja the rest of the fight. If you get a break, recast embolden.

Ling breaks all the time. I don't like ling there, I'd prefer someone else like wol but I don't know if you have him. If not, bring a noctis friend.

Orlandu and olive chains with your friend unit.

I dit it with wol/Cecil/olive/Gilgamesh/refia and a noctis friend. You should be able to do it.

Kouriozan

We'll start to get a lot of unit with either bonus ATK passive with swords or can't equip greatsword, I need to check which one are coming.
Hoping we will indeed get the Dragon Quest event for the Killing Machine 105 ATK one (with Machine Killer passive)

Talking about the next strong 4* units here, Setzer (no GS or Katana)/Ashe and Raser +50%ATK(and +50%MAG for Ashe) with a sword, etc...

Shanlei91

Swap out Ling for Cecil. Buff/Debuff turns = Embolden/Focus, Carbuncle user casts barfira, Orlandeaus weapon crush. Then the next two turns you go to town on DPS. Repeat.

Syntsui

We'll start to get a lot of unit with either bonus ATK passive with swords or can't equip greatsword, I need to check which one are coming.
Hoping we will indeed get the Dragon Quest event for the Killing Machine 105 ATK one (with Machine Killer passive)

Talking about the next strong 4* units here, Setzer (no GS or Katana)/Ashe and Raser +50%ATK(and +50%MAG for Ashe) with a sword, etc...

We really need better swords in general, be them elemental or neutral. Leon's TM is garbage tier at the moment, you lose attack using it while neglecting Excalibur/Save The Quuen/Deathbringer. It's only worth it if you have Moonblade, but who the hell has that.

Kouriozan

Even if you have a lot of Dual Wield, looks like it's a good idea to get Abel (3*), his TM is a 82 ATK dagger with Dual Wield included, seems perfect for Setzer.
We really need better swords in general, be them elemental or neutral. Leon's TM is garbage tier at the moment, you lose attack using it while neglecting Excalibur/Save The Quuen/Deathbringer.

I'm looking at reddit wiki and it don't get much better sadly.

Valentus

Just pull 200 more times. Problem solved.

Just kidding

Probably would get a 4th noctis... i still dont know why im so mad having 3 noctis xD, its like "first world problems" stuff...

There's is no need for more Orlandu considering Agrias exists. She has like 200 less attack at best.

mmmmm...

Doing quick math (with GS Mastery Materia) :

Orlandu Base ATK: 189
Passives 255% (+70% ATK, +160 ATK Materias, +10% Genji, +15% Brave) : 482
Weapons: 227 (exc+genji)
Armors: 57 (black cowl+bracer)
Odin: 62

Total: 1017

Agrias Base ATK: 170
Passives 255% (+70% ATK, +160 ATK Materias, +10% Genji, +15% Brave) : 434

Total: 950

Agrias Only falls short of 67 ATK vs Orlandu

But, lets assume you have both Agrias and Orlandu, and you will prioritize GS Mastery, Genji Blade and Odin on Orlandu

Passives 235% : 400
Weapons: 218 (Exc + Sakura)
Armors: 57 (Black Cowl + Bracer)
Ifrit: 52

Total: 897

120 ATK less than a full geared Orlandu.

Agrias 6 star (enhanced) is the true waifu we deserve. But we are still far away from her enhacements.

The next trial is Dark Ifrit/Dark Siren, and the jackpot there is the GS Mastery Materia...

So yeah, katanas and G.Swords are the meta. Eileen can break that with her Spear+Knuckle combo, but you need her spear first...

Syntsui

Probably would get a 4th noctis... i still dont know why im so mad having 3 noctis xD, its like "first world problems" stuff...

mmmmm...

Doing quick math (with GS Mastery Materia) :

Orlandu Base ATK: 189
Passives 255% (+70% ATK, +160 ATK Materias, +10% Genji, +15% Brave) : 482

Total: 1017

Passives 255% (+70% ATK, +160 ATK Materias, +10% Genji, +15% Brave) : 434

Total: 950

Agrias Only falls short of 67 ATK vs Orlandu

But, lets assume you have both Agrias and Orlandu, and you will prioritize GS Mastery, Genji Blade and Odin on Orlandu

Passives 235% : 400
Weapons: 218 (Exc + Sakura)
Armors: 57 (Black Cowl + Bracer)
Ifrit: 52

Total: 897

120 ATK less than a full geared Orlandu.

Agrias 6 star (enhanced) is the true waifu we deserve. But we are still far away from her enhacements.

So the gap is even smaller, great to know! Yeah, enhancements, hers specifically, are a bit away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom