• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Levyne

Banned
Playing something you like is always a good palate cleanser. I had to do it this week even. Bunch of new games (and FFX) coming out so hopefully you find something you like.

Heropon

I try to not play bad games and while I don't consider M&L Dream Team one there were things that annoyed me to no end. The other parts were pretty good so I think I'd like to play a game like it but with less features, maybe Superstar Saga?

About Final Fantasy, I think I don't have anything to say other that I'm still waiting for Lightning Returns to drop its price to join the fun. :)

CorvoSol

You're all wrong. Schala needs to keep playing bad games and suffering because of it. It amuses me! And I am a-okay with the suffering of others for the sake of my own entertainment.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You all are just as bad as that enabler Green Sc- Hot Coldman.

Friend of mine asked me what's the "best version of FF1 to get through quickly" and I told him the PSP version since it's easier and it has more stuff from later games in the series vs OG FF1. It's easier to speedrun it, imo. Wonder what other people think?

CorvoSol

You all are just as bad as that enabler Green Sc- Hot Coldman.

Friend of mine asked me what's the "best version of FF1 to get through quickly" and I told him the PSP version since it's easier and it has more stuff from later games in the series vs OG FF1. It's easier to speedrun it, imo. Wonder what other people think?

I haven't played PSP version yet, but if its the same as GBA then yeah, that's way easier to speedrun than the NES version.

Also Hot Coldman made my avatar.

Noi

If the question is "quickest to get through quickly", then yeah that'd be either the GBA or the PSP version though the latter is way easier to find.

If he'd asked "what version should I play anyway" that'd be NES. >:)

CorvoSol

It means Cocoon is about half the size of the moon in terms of volume, and will look a bit smaller.

Or in GAF human terms, Cocoon is basically 5 GameCubes duct-taped together.

Ah, okay. So yeah. Shouldn't be that big on that map. But hey, this is the guy who snubbed FF4's moons, so eh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Friend chose to play FF1 PSP. Good job, GAF.

I would've suggested the NES version but I think his tastes suggest that he might not be entirely fond of how the NES version's processes flow (ie: how to use magic points, missing when the targetted enemy is defeated and not changing to a new one, special abilities on each sword having no effect due to a bug, some spells outright not working because of a bug, the spell points not being recovered if you elect not to save in the house, etc.).

Though the NES version does have the Int stat bug which makes Red Mages more powerful than they should be.

---------

I'm pretty much finished sidequests in Lightning Returns now. I have four more in-game days. And I'm playing on Normal mode, and I heard it'd be an issue if you're playing on Easy, so I dunno what gives.

...So. Like. I guess I just kill things for Last Ones? That's a spectacular waste of time to me. :/

Wazzy

Banned
Finally freeing up some time to play more BD. I'm also hopefully going to play Persona 4 soon. I've never touched the series so it will be my first. I just need to decide after I finish BD if I'll finish Ys first or play P4.

Levyne

Banned
Eh, play P4. I liked Celceta a lot when I was going through it but have soured on it a bit. Guess I was desperate for a new, localized jrpg on the vita at the time.

CorvoSol

Finally freeing up some time to play more BD. I'm also hopefully going to play Persona 4 soon. I've never touched the series so it will be my first. I just need to decide after I finish BD if I'll finish Ys first or play P4.

PERSONA 4 PERSONA 4 PERSONA 4 PERSONA 4.

I just finished it a little while ago and it is definitely one of my all time favorite games.

Red Mage

Friend chose to play FF1 PSP. Good job, GAF.

I would've suggested the NES version but I think his tastes suggest that he might not be entirely fond of how the NES version's processes flow (ie: how to use magic points, missing when the targetted enemy is defeated and not changing to a new one, special abilities on each sword having no effect due to a bug, some spells outright not working because of a bug, the spell points not being recovered if you elect not to save in the house, etc.).

Though the NES version does have the Int stat bug which makes Red Mages more powerful than they should be.

Back then, we were like gods among men. = D

PK Gaming

Jesus christ, there is way too much exposition in LR

I don't think i'm a person with high standards, but even watching cutscenes on youtube is tedious because conversations are too redundant. The final showdown between Lightning and the final boss is the most egregious offender.

Kuja9001

Banned

I don't think i'm a person with high standards, but even watching cutscenes on youtube is tedious because conversations are too redundant. The final showdown between Lightning and the final boss is most egregious offender.

Blame the Eng localization.

CorvoSol

I don't think i'm a person with high standards, but even watching cutscenes on youtube is tedious because conversations are too redundant. The final showdown between Lightning and the final boss is the most egregious offender.

Had to make up for not explaining fuck all for 2 straight games, I guess.

PK Gaming

I get that but...

They repeat the stuff they just explained a minute ago. When the game tries to explain a concept, they beat it over your head

The script is so bad

At least God looks cool

CorvoSol

Haha no, I never got around to it

I heard the game's story/writing was really bad though

I wish there was a way to get people to agree to hate play P3B with me, just so I could see it. But I just KNOW certain elements in Gaming Side would never allow me to call for an intentional hate-play of Lord Toriyama's finest work.

I wish there was a way to get people to agree to hate play P3B with me, just so I could see it. But I just KNOW certain elements in Gaming Side would never allow me to call for an intentional hate-play of Lord Toriyama's finest work.

I don't understand lol. Which gaming side elements might cause a fuss?

Top Bottom