• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

CorvoSol

Nope, her stats suck ass too, especially when you try to naturally max her out and you notice that she just gets a +1 growth in everything while everyone else excels post Level 70. Rosa's only virtue of being in the final 5 is being Cecil and Kain's love interest and being the only good white mage there because Cecil sucks at studying and Rydia "forgot" White Magic. That's really her only claim to fame. Especially in the After Years compared to Porom. Lower Spir and MP, but she's a better attacker? Why would I use her as an attacker? Other people can equip Bows, so... *shrug* Even Porom can learn Dualcast in TAY and Rosa can't.

The only way to stat max her actually decently in via a few playthroughs in the DS version. And even in that version, she is always the most difficult character to stat max because of similar issues. Outside of that, if the party is malleable in end-game, I just take her out. Porom has a higher Spir than she does at the cost of just one Spd at even just Lv 70.

But hey man, Cecil leaves Rosa behind cuz she's sick in the interlude because he ain't got time for that.

At least Aeris is useful because she was basically planned as a Geomancer and that's what she does with her limit breaks and she was a more useful white mage based on a raw magic stat. Though to be fair, stats are completely negligible in FF7 anyway (especially since it's easy and E. Skill can break the game).

It isn't just that Rosa's a shitty character. Her stats are just weird.

At least Vanille was a great debuffer and black mage, and Lightning was all-around balanced (and even then, I didn't even use her and stuck to a party of Fang/Vanille/Hope until very last post-game when Hope's vitality deficiencies were a bit of a hindrance).

Yeah but you know I don't analyze stuff like stat growths. In FF4 proper she was free to suck as she pleased because she was a White Mage and Lord knows nobody else could pick up her slack.

Actually, that's a problem I have with the Paladin class in FF4. It's sort of a huge let-down compared to Dark Knight, which can shoot gosh darn HP powered sword beams. Paladin just has level 2 white magic. Where's its sword beams? This is why I prefered Agrias and Orlandeau's take on the class.

Then again, in 4DS Paladin Cecil with Darkness and Focus x4 dealt more damage than even Rydia with her broken Bahamut spell. Which was good, since Proto-Babil had OHKO Party wide attacks for his BASIC moves!

But my point was just that, as far as character goes in the story, Rosa is just bland. When you have women in this series like, I dunno, all the women in Dirge of Cerberus, Rosa sorta pales. She's like a character from Mystic Quest. You can't really hate her for being flat when you know there are women who out and out suck. Well, I mean, you can hate her for being flat, especially since Porom and Rydia have much more personality than her, but at least she's not offensively bad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Rosa's at least good in the DS version once you give her Dualcasting and Omnicasting. At that point she becomes one of the best White Mages in the series (in the sense that very few have been able to cast certain buffs on the entire party simultaneously outside of the use of Mighty Guard or Carbuncle).
Then in TAY she can't dualcast at all and that task falls to Porom for some reason, and you can groupcast by default in that game.

As I said, the DS version is the only caveat since the game's actually not balanced in the player's favour for once, save for the fact that you need a few playthroughs to stat max her via augments since her growth is always going to be weird.

She's like a character from Mystic Quest. .
Nah, Mystic Quest characters actually get shit done.

Even Kaeli after she gets sick.
Even Phoebe for most of the game.
Tristam when he's a dick but still gives you the key to Kingdom Hearts.
Reuben when he sucks he doesn't abandon your ass in the Lava Dome.

Yeah but you know I don't analyze stuff like stat growths. In FF4 proper she was free to suck as she pleased because she was a White Mage and Lord knows nobody else could pick up her slack.

Actually, that's a problem I have with the Paladin class in FF4. It's sort of a huge let-down compared to Dark Knight, which can shoot gosh darn HP powered sword beams. Paladin just has level 2 white magic. Where's its sword beams? This is why I prefered Agrias and Orlandeau's take on the class.

Then again, in 4DS Paladin Cecil with Darkness and Focus x4 dealt more damage than even Rydia with her broken Bahamut spell. Which was good, since Proto-Babil had OHKO Party wide attacks for his BASIC moves!

But my point was just that, as far as character goes in the story, Rosa is just bland. When you have women in this series like, I dunno, all the women in Dirge of Cerberus, Rosa sorta pales. She's like a character from Mystic Quest. You can't really hate her for being flat when you know there are women who out and out suck. Well, I mean, you can hate her for being flat, especially since Porom and Rydia have much more personality than her, but at least she's not offensively bad.

I think the point of the Paladin class in FF4 is its flexibility; it's capable of offense, defense, *and* healing. There's a reason why everyone in vanilla FF12 gravitates toward becoming a Paladin: they're too damn good and they perfectly represent the FF-character-as-generalist.

That's kinda dull when everyone in the party basically turns into a Paladin, but in FF4 it's absolutely necessary because the game keeps changing up your party on you. Sometimes you have no healer and you've got to use Cecil to do it; sometimes you have a bunch of vulnerable people and you need Cecil to focus on damage absorption; sometimes Cecil's the only person who can actually dish out damage. FF4's main thrust is all about adapting your party to meet the circumstances, and so Paladin Cecil is all about being the fulcrum of that flexibility.

Edge is way more useless in FF4 than Rosa is, IMO, outside of his Throw move and stealing shit. Dude can barely absorb or deal damage.

Enthus

So I got my Final Fantasy II to work, and I'm having fun with it. First time I've tried it in years, past the second dungeon now.

CorvoSol

Let's not forget that steal doesn't exactly work reliably. Ninja magic was so cool when I was a kid. Is FF4 the one where you can get hurt stealing or is that FF6?

Then there's FF1 thief who can't steal jack.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's why you make him throw shit like a little kid. But yeah, outside of that, Edge is painfully average and Yang was the better character for endgame.

But he makes up for it in personality due to his funny animated scenes with Cid because he's a dumbass.

Heropon

Then there's FF1 thief who can't steal jack.

YJKjk.png

You aren't allowed to steal again when you're called THIEF.

That's why you make him throw shit like a little kid. But yeah, outside of that, Edge is painfully average and Yang was the better character for endgame.

But he makes up for it in personality due to his funny animated scenes with Cid because he's a dumbass.

It's kinda too bad that between FF4DS and FF4 GBA there's no "definitive" version of FF4 that has all possible content. The Augment system is great but so is endgame character swapping.

At least you can give Edge some good skills and Adamant Armor in FF4DS to make him stop being made of paper and to give him a greater level of utility (like letting him buff the rest of the party with Sing and so on).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I feel both the DS and PSP collections serve as definitive versions in a sense, but it really depends on what the player really likes. FF4 DS supports character versatility because you can just fill gaps in with other characters' skills, but at the same time, it doesn't feel as versatile since it's best to do that over three playthroughs whereas in the GBA/PSP versions, you can just swap in the endgame anyway.

That wasn't a ray gun, that was a damn Special Beam Cannon.
STOP MOCKING ME.

NateDog

I think the point of the Paladin class in FF4 is its flexibility; it's capable of offense, defense, *and* healing. There's a reason why everyone in vanilla FF12 gravitates toward becoming a Paladin: they're too damn good and they perfectly represent the FF-character-as-generalist.

That's kinda dull when everyone in the party basically turns into a Paladin, but in FF4 it's absolutely necessary because the game keeps changing up your party on you. Sometimes you have no healer and you've got to use Cecil to do it; sometimes you have a bunch of vulnerable people and you need Cecil to focus on damage absorption; sometimes Cecil's the only person who can actually dish out damage. FF4's main thrust is all about adapting your party to meet the circumstances, and so Paladin Cecil is all about being the fulcrum of that flexibility.

Thing is I never once found Cecil's healing abilities were of any use. Only really when your main healer was incredibly low on MP and you had no other recourse, but even then it'd only work for about 2 full heals. More or less the same with Ceodore (mind you I didn't find Ceodore much use anyway apart from being there to pick up the pieces).

Also I agree about Edge, kind of. I still loved him but there wasn't really anything unique about him in battle, they really needed to give us some more throwing weapons with proper damage.

Thing is I never once found Cecil's healing abilities were of any use. Only really when your main healer was incredibly low on MP and you had no other recourse, but even then it'd only work for about 2 full heals. More or less the same with Ceodore (mind you I didn't find Ceodore much use anyway apart from being there to pick up the pieces).

Also I agree about Edge, kind of. I still loved him but there wasn't really anything unique about him in battle, they really needed to give us some more throwing weapons with proper damage.

Cecil's healing abilities don't matter much because (more often than not) you're best served defensively by just killing enemies as fast as possible.

The bigger problem with them, though, is that from the time you first get Cecil onward, you never have a point where he's the only person in the party with White Magic (as a Paladin, he starts off with Palom and Porom and Tellah; eventually it's just Tellah; and as soon as Tellah's gone, you get Rosa for the rest of the game). But there remain points in the rest of the game where Cecil's basically the only physical damage-dealer, or the only person who can absorb significant damage (and he remains the best at those two things for the entire game), so those two traits tend to stand out far more.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Worst character in FF overall is Ceodore. </bias -- really there are worse re: stats>. Even Rosa's more useful, and she doesn't have as stupid a name. The only thing he has over the other healers in the game is speed, but you'd rather get a big heal at a slower cost (and possibly having a dualcast to boot) than faster smaller heals. He's mostly good in combination with bands with Cecil.

Corvo would say Krile, but he has an anti-Krile agenda.

I'm done trolling FF4 for now. :V

Going back to FF1, if people would like to do a playthrough of it later this summer in the vein of Scarlet's Ironman challenge, I or someone else could make a thread. The idea sounds really interesting.

Well, if you play the SNES version...
(It's somewhere in there, but I show the glitch off.)

Otherwise, just buy stuff.

Heropon

Seeing Schala writing about the After Years is making me want to start it again, it has stayed in my backlog for what seems forever. Maybe I'll do it when my Vita returns from France or I could use my beloved PSP instead.

The challenge thread sounds like fun, I can't wait to be petrified by the birds. Now that I think about it, a challenge like that in the DS version of 3 would be almost impossible. Everyone and their mother could petrify with their normal attacks.

JayEH

Hey everyone, I just picked up FF13 and have a couple of questions. I've never played a FF game before and the only JRPGs I've played are the old pokemon games.

I know people say the story and characters aren't very good in 13 but I was just wondering how intimidating the battle system will be for a newcomer like me? Will I be able to pick this up fairly easily? Thanks.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Going back to FF1, if people would like to do a playthrough of it later this summer in the vein of Scarlet's Ironman challenge, I or someone else could make a thread. The idea sounds really interesting.

Oh, I would so love to make a thread like that. I could finally (maybe) have my revenge on that damn Piscodemons that killed me 6 years ago.

I know people say the story and characters aren't very good in 13 but I was just wondering how intimidating the battle system will be for a newcomer like me? Will I be able to pick this up fairly easily? Thanks.
Oh, don't worry, this game has a lengthy tutorial.

NateDog

Hey everyone, I just picked up FF13 and have a couple of questions. I've never played a FF game before and the only JRPGs I've played are the old pokemon games.

It's actually a pretty simple battle system. It works on the ATB (active time battle) system which basically lets you choose what move you're going to do and then your character will do it when the gauge fills up. XIII has a fairly automatic system (if you want) which chooses the best attacks for you in the current situation so you can just work with that if you prefer, or you can choose whatever attacks you want to use manually, but it's a fairly simple system which you'll get used to quickly. The paradigm system is the only thing that may confuse you a tad as you get used to different strategies to take on bigger and tougher enemies but again with time you'll get used to it. XIII was my first FF game too, it can take a while to get going but I hope you enjoy it. I knew it wasn't amazing but still enjoyed it a lot and it got me into the FF series.

Levyne

Banned

Hmm. I may be completely off base but 13 could actually be a pretty good first FF if you don't allow the world specific noun usage to needlessly confuse you. Since the game only very slowly opens up its gameplay layers to you, the Crystarium is as straightforward as you can get, you don't really have agency over your party or classes for a good long while..It's cool to see someone willing to try it out even though they are unfamiliar with the series and the conventional wisdom is to avoid avoid avoid. I mean, I don't really care for the game either but I'm not going to tell you to play something else.

When does Lightning Returns hit the bargain bin? I want to try that one out.

Heropon

When does Lightning Returns hit the bargain bin? I want to try that one out.

It seems that they were more careful with the shipments and it isn't going to hit the bargain bin soon enough. I'm not in a hurry to play it, though, so they can take all the time they want.

CorvoSol

I've been thinking of doing all 3 main versions eventually, so I'd be down for that.

Holykael1

Banned
Seeing Schala writing about the After Years is making me want to start it again, it has stayed in my backlog for what seems forever. Maybe I'll do it when my Vita returns from France or I could use my beloved PSP instead.

The challenge thread sounds like fun, I can't wait to be petrified by the birds. Now that I think about it, a challenge like that in the DS version of 3 would be almost impossible. Everyone and their mother could petrify with their normal attacks.

The after years kinda sucks though. It's not a very fun game and the story is absurd.(As in, it's basically random encounters the video game, now with 100% more recycled areas)

Heropon

The after years kinda sucks though. It's not a very fun game and the story is absurd.(As in, it's basically random encounters the video game, now with 100% more recycled areas)

Its quality doesn't really matter in the end, completing it is one of those things that a selfproclaimed fan must do eventually.

What I'm not completing anytime soon, though, is Dirge of Cerberus. Maybe I'll Youtube it. Lindsay did a pretty good work in the playthrough thread but screenshots aren't enough if for some reason I want to see the story while dodging the gameplay and at the same time spending money on it.

Holykael1

Banned
Its quality doesn't really matter in the end, completing it is one of those things that a selfproclaimed fan must do eventually.

What I'm not completing anytime soon, though, is Dirge of Cerberus. Maybe I'll Youtube it. Lindsay did a pretty good work in the playthrough thread but screenshots aren't enough if for some reason I want to see the story while dodging the gameplay and at the same time spending money on it.

Yeah I hear you.. I need to beat it someday for the same reason(or not). I got bored of it after completing each character's individual chapters, I proceeded to spoil myself on the story and be grateful that I didn't spend 20 hours of my life for that crap.

CorvoSol

Let me just tell you about The After Years. I beat that game. TWICE.

Don't do like I did. Do NOT invest in RNGing for the fucking tails and summons. If you want them that bad, CHEAT. It's the good idea.

Also, while TAY gets a bad rep, I think that game had some good ideas. For instance: shirtless Golbez.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I beat TAY twice. It qualifies as a crappy ROMhack with poor stat/skill/character-balancing. And its new dungeon designs are... lordy, they're weird. There are way too many usable characters and half of them could be considered as obsolete by the time you get to the final dungeon.

And whatever Corvo said.

And I told y'all Dirge wasn't good! Go with Crisis Core instead. I get the criticisms for it, and yeah, the dialogue is corny, that guy whose name I can't remember but Corvo reminds me of his name every day is bleh, and the combat can be repetitive outside of some of the later missions including Minerva, but it doesn't deserve the poor rep it has in general on GAF. Dirge should be the Compilation game that gets the most criticism cuz that game is Identity Crisis: Final Fantasy VII: The Game.

Unless during my several breaks from GAF this year and last year, the opinion regarding Crisis Core has reversed, but I don't think so.

Heropon

I have to clarify that I beat all the individual chapters and then stopped playing, but it was so long ago that I don't really remember much about them except for Ceodore, Kain and Rydia's chapters. Well, I lie, I remember that in a certain chapter you have to go through the same cave a few times.

Edit: I think I'm going to start it tomorrow. I suppose I can use my PS3 as a bridge to move the save from the PSP to the Vita when I finally get it back.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
RIP in peace.

I was gonna do a playthrough for it a la FF4. I got PPSSPP and everything and took a few screenshots during Ceodore's chapter last year. Then I got a lot of the way through Ceodore's chapters then thought, "Man, I can't be arsed to play through this game again right now. This game sucks and I just played a bad romhack two weeks ago!"

CorvoSol

Now, while I won't deny that TAY feels like a wonky romhack, again, I think there were SOME cool things to it. The final dungeon being more like a dungeon crawler than a standard FF dungeon was nifty, and pitting the cast up against legacy bosses wasn't that bad. What new music is in the game is good. I think some of the story chapters aren't bad, either. Seeing Palom mature and Cecil's breakdown on the moon were pretty good parts of the game, for instance. The Band system was reminiscent of Chrono Trigger's Multi-Techs, and that was very much in the game's favor. Especially when they had funny techs like "Call Me Queen" which required that every young woman in the game be wielding a whip to perform.

There were dark times, too, like trudging through waterfall cavern no less than four times, or how in the Wii version you could get stuck in unwinnable battles, but then again, the fake challenge actually made buffing a necessity, which is certainly not the case in a good number of other FF games.

Some of the PCs had no business being PCs and weren't interesting at all, like Izayoi, Tsukinowa, Gekkou, that other ninja person, or Harley (since they opted not to make her a Blue Mage), but playing as the children of the previous game's cast was actually a clever way of returning to the world but at the same time keeping it sort of new. Also Luca and her dolls.

But most of all playable Golbez.

Ultratech

RIP in peace.

I was gonna do a playthrough for it a la FF4. I got PPSSPP and everything and took a few screenshots during Ceodore's chapter last year. Then I got a lot of the way through Ceodore's chapters then thought, "Man, I can't be arsed to play through this game again right now. This game sucks and I just played a bad romhack two weeks ago!"

Yeah...I tried to play TAY after I beat IV (or was it III?) about a year back.

I just couldn't get into it and I wasn't bothered to get invested in it.

Ironically enough, the FFIII playthrough I did, I did actually finish, but I never uploaded all the pics I took since I had well over 1000 screenshots over the entire playthrough.
I had a ton of stuff from the start of the game, then I slowed up after that and it didn't pick up until I got towards the end.

Most of the pics after the start were basically random level pics, story bits, and bosses.

But I kinda got burnt out on having to upload pics and crap for every little thing.

(Also, I'm up for an FF1 challenge!)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I mean, one can hope to God that FFV doesn't get DLC or they choose Tycoon or Gilgamesh, but if you were gonna pick a DLC character for FFV, that's the obvious choice, yes. It's not like FFV had a wide range of party members or guests to choose from.

GILGAMESH vs GILGAMESH would destroy the universe. Too much beef the universe could handle.

Red Mage

Worst character in FF overall is Ceodore. </bias -- really there are worse re: stats>. Even Rosa's more useful, and she doesn't have as stupid a name. The only thing he has over the other healers in the game is speed, but you'd rather get a big heal at a slower cost (and possibly having a dualcast to boot) than faster smaller heals. He's mostly good in combination with bands with Cecil.

Corvo would say Krile, but he has an anti-Krile agenda.

Nah, Edward's assistant in TAY is the absolute worst when it comes to usefulness. Even the generic soldiers were more useful.

And I'm up for an FF1 Challenge. I'm assuming original NES with the most awesome of Red Mages, yes? = x

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Nah, Edward's assistant in TAY is the absolute worst when it comes to usefulness. Even the generic soldiers were more useful.

Half the new characters were garbage and the plot was too short to give them any memorability. Any really good character that came out of it was already established. Golbez. The very first time we got to play as a tanky Black Wizard.

The plot could be boiled down to mind control, Rydia Army, and a Creator God thing that makes Neo ExDeath look fair of form.

Band attacks were pretty I guess. But overall it felt pretty meh.

They even made Calcabrena a playable character. I mean really.

Wazzy

Banned
Rosa is a horribly boring character.

I loved Edge too. Only he and Porom really made an impression on me. I've only played the PSP version but I didn't really get all the focus on Ceodore in the CGI trailers and box art and then his (seemingly) minimal impact on the events of the game. I figured he'd at least head the group towards the end of The After Years but it didn't seem so.

On the subject of him, I didn't really use Edward much either. I mostly just got him to hide and save everyone in the case that I got obliterated.

I never used Edward unless required. I just never cared enough about him to want to use him.

It was always Rydia, Edge, Kain, Rosa and Cecil.

CorvoSol

I never used Edward unless required. I just never cared enough about him to want to use him.

It was always Rydia, Edge, Kain, Rosa and Cecil.

Edward was actually okay in TAY, I felt. His secretary was worthless, but in her defense I think that's because Tokita had planned on making her a Blue Mage and then just didn't. So instead we got the extremely weird Secretary Job Class which knows gil toss and examine or whatever.

I always rocked Cecil, Rosa, Golbez, Rydia and Kain myself. Course I lugged Ceodore around for much of the final dungeon because that's the only way to ensure that
Golbez doesn't permadie against Cecil's Shadow Self.

And yes, I am suggesting that Cecil's upgrade to Paladin may as well have been his getting a Persona.

CorvoSol

Yep, Square did Persona way before it was cool and start wearing hipster glasses.

Totally. Cecil faces his shadow self, and comes away stronger for it. Kain's shadow self goes on a rampage so we can all enjoy more Kain Betrayals. And Golbez is the Digimon Emperor.

Wazzy

Banned
Edward was actually okay in TAY, I felt. His secretary was worthless, but in her defense I think that's because Tokita had planned on making her a Blue Mage and then just didn't. So instead we got the extremely weird Secretary Job Class which knows gil toss and examine or whatever.

I always rocked Cecil, Rosa, Golbez, Rydia and Kain myself. Course I lugged Ceodore around for much of the final dungeon because that's the only way to ensure that
Golbez doesn't permadie against Cecil's Shadow Self.

And yes, I am suggesting that Cecil's upgrade to Paladin may as well have been his getting a Persona.

TBH I forget TAY a lot. He was definitely better in it. I'm not even sure why I used Rosa since I found Porom wayyyyyy better plus her design is nice.

NateDog

I (for some reason) decided against using Kain towards the end of TAY and it was a horrible decision since I didn't have a single usable band within my party members of choice, and practically every scene that passed gave me an extra band with him that I was never going to use since he was too low a level. Did anyone here actually beat all of the bosses in that final dungeon? I think I had to skip about 3 or 4.

Red Mage

The last one was an all White Mages challenge...

It's a joke. The original NES version was very poorly coded and one result is that the Red Mage is essentially broken in a very big way.

TBH, I'd rather do a FF3 NES challenge. The Dark World would cause so many tears. ^_^

CorvoSol

I (for some reason) decided against using Kain towards the end of TAY and it was a horrible decision since I didn't have a single usable band within my party members of choice, and practically every scene that passed gave me an extra band with him that I was never going to use since he was too low a level. Did anyone here actually beat all of the bosses in that final dungeon? I think I had to skip about 3 or 4.

I did all of them except Shinryu and Omega because FUUUUUUCK fighting Superbosses in games by Tokita.

Heropon

The beginning of the game starts with a familiar scene: an airship flying over the world map. Good homage or lack of ideas? I don't feel like being rude so I'll choose the first option.

Even if I already played this I didn't remember that soldier slapping Ceodore. I don't even know why, because I should remember Cecil's son getting beaten, I mean, come on! Biggs or Wedge, I don't remember who, is lucky that this royalty is composed by a bunch of goody-two-shoes or else he would be lunch for the imps.

The first impression in battle of Ceodore as a noobie works but as I'm a contrarian I'll say that I prefer when my novice soldiers are as powerful as veteran warriors just so I don't feel that I have dead weight in my party.

Xlo6mW7.png
ka468jW.png

Is this game trying to tell me that Ceodore is some kind of idiot with that intellect stat? Thanks to a quick comparison with Cid that theory is quickly debunked. How can a character with a WHITE BEARD be stupid?
Tellah.
And an engineer at that! I think it wouldn't hurt to give high intelligence to characters that can't use black magic, it isn't like it matters too much in the end. For some reason this reminds me that I liked how Earthbound managed the IQ stat and how it had differents effects in Jeff than in the PSI users.

The Awaken command seems good against bosses but I think it had some kind of drawback. It doesn't matter when bosses bite the dust relatively soon but I don't want to be screwed because the status ended in the middle of a battle.

A scene where Cecil tells Rosa to go to the kitchen get somewhere safe doesn't take too much time to appear. This is going to continually retread old ground, isn't it? Luckily, she reminds him that he has crappy white magic and that he needs her whether he wants or not.

mnm0WdP.png

I certainly didn't miss these guys, but they're here anyways. If I'm right, there will be lots of even more annoying enemies, so I better put up with this.

Speaking of retreading old ground, the Babil Tower reappears and the other Moon too. Do we have to fight Zeromus again by any chance?

I don't really like dungeons with warping tiles but having one as the third one feels even worse, and it has damaging tiles bonus to make things even better! I'm lucky that the dungeon is relatively short but I'm still not a fan of this Devil's Road. I don't know if retconning a dungeon into a place where there was only a teleporter was a good or a bad idea. It's good to have a new dungeon among all the old ones but on the other hand it feels strange to have a safe place become a nest of monsters.

aOn8cC2.png
IjGJKbi.png

Say hello to everyone's favourite NPC: Rosa's mother! She's as oblivious as always, but that's how I like her.

It seems that Baron spends so much in the army that they can't afford a separated room for the 16 years old prince. What's worse is that the beds are all together. Does Ceodore still wear diapers? Dun, dun, dunnnnnn.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've probably gone through FF4 20+ times and I forget that Rosa's mother is an actual entity.

Jucksalbe can do the FF1 thread if he'd like to~
Dunno if it'll compete with the FF5JF if you posted now, though.

I did all of them except Shinryu and Omega because FUUUUUUCK fighting Superbosses in games by Tokita.
when will Tokita learn that not everyone likes his baby

I did all of the bosses, though.

I just...
I wanna play that game again in a playthrough sense, but man I do not want to play that game again for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Top Bottom