• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

CorvoSol

Depends what you mean by best. Many of Nomura's designs are amazing just because of how impractical they'd actually be outside of a fantasy setting.

Caius takes the cake in the "biggest sword" villain dickwagglin contest. If Sephiroth had been using that sword, forget a simply dead Aeris, there'd be Aeris kibbles all over the room.

I assume this contest doesn't include Chaos?

cuz I mean:
itlUw0E.jpg

Mono

I'm so tempted to jump on that PSN sale even though I own every single one of those Final Fantasy games except for Lightning Returns... some in multipule formats!

I've heard that some of those PS1 classics apparantly have bad loading times? I own FFVI -IX on PS3 and haven't noticed it at all, though.

Levyne

Banned
FFIV is sooooooo beautiful on Vita. I can't get over it!

The complete collection was my first time playing FFIV and I think it looks great. From what I can tell though, people seem pretty split on the updated look. I haven't seen it on Vita since I still have my PSP disc and haven't really had the desire to re-play it in a while.

Kyzer

Banned
Guys what's the best FF/SE game on the Google Play Store? Ive got a couple weeks vacation and trying to decide between IV, V, VI, CT, or DQ8. (is dimensions any good?)

Maybe I'll just start up XIV again...but I'll probs feel lost and left behind

Squire

Banned
The complete collection was my first time playing FFIV and I think it looks great. From what I can tell though, people seem pretty split on the updated look. I haven't seen it on Vita since I still have my PSP disc and haven't really had the desire to re-play it in a while.

I love it. I really dig the character portraits.

Levyne

Banned
Guys what's the best FF/SE game on the Google Play Store? Ive got a couple weeks vacation and trying to decide between IV, V, VI, CT, or DQ8. (is dimensions any good?)

Maybe I'll just start up XIV again...but I'll probs feel lost and left behind

Chrono Trigger! I don't know anything about the mobile port though, but I had a lot of fun with the DS version. I think it has the most interesting gameplay of those titles.

aravuus

I'm playing FFX at 1.5x speed on an emulator. This is fun, what a way to replay the game.

Also made me realize that I've finished FFX only 2 or 3 times before. Weird, while it's not as good as the PS1 FFs, it's still an awesome game.

e: oh god lol my hairdo is almost exactly the same as gatta's

i'm so fucking anime

e2: there wasn't a way to display a unit list in battle, was there? i'm so goddamn annoyed how pressing up/down sometimes chooses between groups and some times between units in those groups

Bladenic

Anyone played the iOS version of The After Years? I kinda wanna get it as I want something to play at work. Would I be better off with the PSP version?

Squire

Banned
So, I think I'm ~10 hours in to FFIV. It's the original game as remade and included in The Complete Collection.

FFIV is one of a few games I had for the SNES (as FFII). I was a little kid, so I didn't play much of if all really, but I remember some if the broader strokes of it from what I did play and having seen it discussed online over the years.

This may as well be the first time I've played it and I think it's just lovely. The characters, the combat, the music. It's all quintessential Square. And oh man is it beautiful on Vita. I love the CG movies included in this version, too. The game is just completely living up to it's legacy for me and every time I play I end up going for longer than I'd planned. I'm about to go to
the Underworld
next.

My personal favorite is FFVI's Lightsaber, er, Ultima Weapon

rxxwNsi.png

But I also really like FFVII's design for it:

Same here, Ultima Weapon is one of my favorite reoccurring weapons. Even in the Lightsaber incarnation.

Personal favorite design of it was the one in Final Fantasy VII, the Dissidia version didn't do it for me.

FFVII_Ultima_Weapon.png

I always liked how the FF7 version blade always got duller in color with the less hp Cloud had. Just an incentive for me to keep him at max health always.

Holykael1

Banned
Yap, all of them had some kind of shenanigan IIRC. Barret's gets stronger the higher level materia he equips, vincent the more enemies he kills, etc etc.

CorvoSol

Even if they hadn't, Ultima Weapon is like that. In FF6 it's length and power is determined by the user's HP. If I'm not mistaken, it works that way in Dissidia, too. The power part, I mean.

iosefe

hello comrades. need opinions/suggestions

I had 10 bucks so i got FF9, and have $5 left. between the psone versions of Origins and 6 which is the better option?

BG info, i have already bought 7-9, Tactics, and don't really intend on getting WoTL since i already have the original (one can only play the opening to a game so many times). i'm open to other suggestions under 5 from that Square deal.

hello comrades. need opinions/suggestions

I had 10 bucks so i got FF9, and have $5 left. between the psone versions of Origins and 6 which is the better option?

BG info, i have already bought 7-9, Tactics, and don't really intend on getting WoTL since i already have the original (one can only play the opening to a game so many times). i'm open to other suggestions under 5 from that Square deal.

I'd take Final Fantasy VI over Origins.

Mono

i've heard the stories. but the other options aren't available to me, and i like using my vita for psone games

FFVI is one of the best in the series, IMO! If not the best! I have the PSN version for my PSP and it's great to play on a handheld system. Go for it!

Final Fantasy II is also one of my favorites, but I think I'm alone in that. There's better versions of FFI and FFII than Origins.

Noi

FF1 PS1 IS the best version of it. The GBA port has new content (which I don't think is very good) and the overall difficulty got watered down to the point where the whole game is a cakewalk. The PS1 has all the modern reworkings while also keeping the difficulty at a way better level.

FF6 PS1 isn't bad if you don't have access to the other versions. It's the one that I first beat because the battery on my SNES cart died, still felt like I got the full experience out of it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think honestly the best (as in, least confusing) way to put it is get everything on Vita except X/X-2 HD which simply runs better on PS3 for obvious reasons.

In each case if those versions aren't the best, they're close, and having it all in one spot = secks. The unfortunate exception to the rule is FFVI, but at least it's not terrible (3D world map kupo!)

Top Bottom